Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

If it's going to be Dominoes, then so be it, but I would rather we did Rarity, all things considered.

Why not put your vote down princess? :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Is TMM really that scummy, i'm not exactly following the thread super closely but the case against TMM seems to be the case against TMM in every single game he is in.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The princess will vote when the princess is good and ready.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote Rarity

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

Is TMM really that scummy, i'm not exactly following the thread super closely but the case against TMM seems to be the case against TMM in every single game he is in.

I mean yeah

Max posted:

##vote Rarity

##vote rarity

Max
Nov 30, 2002

ALSO, PER WHAT WAS JUST SAID IN THE OTHER THREAD

Asiina posted:

Absolutely no posting in the other side's thread.

I'm gonna talk to Ecco about it, but I think the next person to do it gets a modkill.

Also yes I do read this, but if anyone thinks I've missed something, shoot me a PM.

DON'T loving DO IT.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Max posted:

The princess will vote when the princess is good and ready.

Max posted:

##vote Rarity

seemed pretty ready............

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

DON'T loving DO IT.

I feel like it should've been common sense

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's the joke.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

I feel like it should've been common sense

I mean, you think that, but then you are proven wrong.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I think people have very different definitions of a lurker than I do.

Reading Dominoes, I feel that he is a good scum candidate for exactly the same reasons as Exakt, and since Exakt has zero traction

##vote dominoes

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tommunist posted:

Yeah, I don't play anymore so idk about all that but I do know that TMM is jumping to conclusions that don't make sense to jump to and it feels super stilted.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Reading Dominoes, I feel that he is a good scum candidate for exactly the same reasons as Exakt, and since Exakt has zero traction

##vote dominoes

Two things,

EXAKT didn't post this:

Dominoes posted:

Mafia philosophy: You're not in danger of being lynched. Do you think it's useful to question someone's vote for you for its own sake?

Possible reasons:
- You think Kash is scum, [partially?] because of his unsubstantiated vote
- You'd like to continue discussion and solicit responses from other people so you (and others) can judge their alignments
- You didn't have a good reason, and raised the question instinctively, perhaps out of curiosity or annoyance
- You think it's worth defending your case, should others follow Kash's vote
- Other

And I really feel like Dominos is too easy of a target for scum to grab on to for a last minute push.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

DON'T loving DO IT.

which of you fuckers posted in the other thread??? you are a douche what is wrongg w/u.

you guys are bad.

ok I did my job thank you sorry for the unpleasantness.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I hope my avatar has settled down. I've slimmed the last 350 posts and the argument against Rarity and Dominoes is good, but Dominoes posting in the other thread kinda makes me read that as scummy ("I'd rather be in my own thread with my own people")

Don't particularly like diqnol(?)s catapult claim and subsequent walk back.

Max posted:

Notes on Rarity: Volunteered to potentially be catapulted. I have problems with people that state this, because I saw that it was fake quickly, and I feel like Rarity is good enough to know this as well. Volunteering to be catapulted seems like a move to get people to think you are town, instead of actually listing who you think is scum.

Also, as stated before, throwing shade on Gamer is always something that hits my radar pretty hard. However, she cooled on him.

Interesting, she jumped on Dominos before getting off that train again.

IDK, I feel like she's a good d1 candidate. Dominos is as well, but doing him RIGHT NOW seems like a backup lurker lunch, which is why I specifically want Dominos to come back and say things.

This post - especially the volunteer thing echoed a lot of what I felt about potential volunteers for dying - that they knew by volunteering that they wouldn't be taken.

I'd rather not be in a no lynch situation on day 1, and I'm gonna be working at deadline. I'd sooner vote for Dominoes but I'm comfortable with voting Rarity.

##vote Rarity

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

EccoRaven posted:

which of you fuckers posted in the other thread??? you are a douche what is wrongg w/u.

you guys are bad.

ok I did my job thank you sorry for the unpleasantness.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

##vote dominoes

Why is a lurker vote more critical over TMM or Rarity's cases?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

tithin posted:

Dominoes posting in the other thread kinda makes me read that as scummy ("I'd rather be in my own thread with my own people")

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tithin, are you actually playing now?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

tithin posted:

I've slimmed the last 350 posts and the argument against Rarity and Dominoes is good, but Dominoes posting in the other thread kinda makes me read that as scummy ("I'd rather be in my own thread with my own people")

I disagree with this. That read like someone who wasn't happy with the people in this thread and was bored. It's honestly a null tell and now I'm unhappy that I pointed it out when I did because I think it provided the perfect excuse to dogpile him for that reason.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

tithin posted:

, but Dominoes posting in the other thread kinda makes me read that as scummy ("I'd rather be in my own thread with my own people")

did you even read them

they were two joke posts c'mon that's a huge stretch

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ecco didn't get back to me about subbing out and I don't think they intend to, so if my avatar stays stable, I'll stay. If it gets changed to something super lovely, I'm just gonna remove the thread from my bookmarks. Sorry.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

you worry more about it then we do, friends

I mean I've had this stupid thing for years. You'll make it through redtext hell, friend.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Why is a lurker vote more critical over TMM or Rarity's cases?

I don't think I am voting for a lurker.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Gamerofthegame posted:

did you even read them

they were two joke posts c'mon that's a huge stretch

No, I didn't read them. I'm not reading the other thread, because it's not like we can help the scum of that thread, I'm only going off what people here said - that he posted in there.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gamerofthegame posted:

you worry more about it then we do, friends

I mean I've had this stupid thing for years. You'll make it through redtext hell, friend.

his was bad.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

the butt one was p bad for sure

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Exakt never completed his ritual with me, which is p. bad. He hasn't been around though so I guess it's okay.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Max posted:

I disagree with this. That read like someone who wasn't happy with the people in this thread and was bored. It's honestly a null tell and now I'm unhappy that I pointed it out when I did because I think it provided the perfect excuse to dogpile him for that reason.

Thread leader is loterally okay with someone gettign bored and going to chat with the enemy.

not very good leaderdhip imo

this would bever have happened under big boss

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not OK with someone getting bored and GGing out of the game like that, but using it as a reason to suddenly go "SCUM" is, in itself, scummy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
fine

you're a boss

i geuss

##vote Rarity

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Exakt, don't forget to answer my question here.

Yeah sorry for being such a huge lurker, over been working a lot and fending off am awful player so I haven't been as present as I should. A lot of my scum read on TMM was gut because something about his early game play felt off to me, but his more recent content has made me question that. I feel like rarity is a better vote than he is.

##unvote
##vote rarity

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Max posted:

I'm not OK with someone getting bored and GGing out of the game like that, but using it as a reason to suddenly go "SCUM" is, in itself, scummy.

You're welcome to think that, but it was an honest reaction to someone saying that he was posting in the other thread, especially when he's drawn so much heat already.

I don't personally think it's scummy to think that if someone is drawing heat, and they decide to post with the opposition (regardless of content), to point out that it is quite likely him trying to cement that opinion.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

rather vote for dominoes but here we are i guess

##unvote
##vote rarity

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ok, I'm off to work now. Happy trails.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

-2, FYI.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ixtlilton posted:

Exakt never completed his ritual with me, which is p. bad. He hasn't been around though so I guess it's okay.

What ritual?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
fyi the next player to complain about tithin's avatar gets a noogie.

if you all aren't using SA Last Read yet do so already, and invest in the "Hide Avatar" function. There are like seven mafia players who have the stupidest loving avatars and I never get to see them it is great (sorry not sorry to those affected).

thank you for your time goddesses bless.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

fyi the next player to complain about tithin's avatar gets a noogie.

if you all aren't using SA Last Read yet do so already, and invest in the "Hide Avatar" function. There are like seven mafia players who have the stupidest loving avatars and I never get to see them it is great (sorry not sorry to those affected).

thank you for your time goddesses bless.

I guess this explains yoyrs, you don't have to see how bad it is.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tommunist posted:

rather vote for dominoes but here we are i guess

##unvote
##vote rarity

So vote for dominoes then. I don't understand this at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

This game is big and i was in the woods all weekend with spotty phone reception at best.

Now there's like 300 posts to read, so yeah, i'm not reading all that. Someone give me the rundown with bullet points if possible.

tia

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My long-promised re-read of our players and my thoughts. I've been posting some up through to now and this is the last bunch.

O where o where has our little Cpiggy gone?
Like Chic he's been lurking, but that probably just makes him town I suppose.

I hope tithin comes back. Can Ecco maybe see to this somehow? His avatar issue seems to have stabilized and it's not that big of deal for me not to want him to continue being present.

Diqnol's absence this weekend makes it harder to get a grasp on him. Considering Rarity's build-up to a Madman vote, it becomes easier to see diqnol doing the same, but he was the first and it seems a bit better presented and thought out. I don't think his catapult generated as much content as he'd of liked, but it certainly can be seen as role-fishing in a way. To me at least, I volunteered so that power roles would not have risk themselves, so inversely people who fought tooth and nail could be read as people of interest, though it is simpler to just think they don't want to die.

Not much can be said about Bowmore, was that ever the case?

Exakt I've brought up before, and while he's made a tad more effort as of late there's not really much substance in any of it. Why do I remember Exakt playing differently? Maybe he hasn't the time? I don't know but I don't find him very town at all.

Gwyne is clearly around but has mainly posted about being a wall the enemy won't be able to break down. It's a different kinda of nothing that we see from birdstrike. I would like it if we could get more reads. Gwyne just take like 3-5 of the other players and read their post histories, no one's is longer than 2 pages it seems to me and make some sort of opinion.

Ixt's got two reads but no votes. He's been catty about being called out about posting frivolously but hasn't made any effort to improve on that or otherwise.

Ras reminds me of his last town game that we were in together ages ago. His style is not dissimilar to Dominoes but seems more pointed and less meandering. I've got nothing bad to say about him.

People I don't mention I have a null read maybe town read on. If I mentioned but haven't said much it's because your null leaning scum for no real reason other than gut (see: bowmore).

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Fiery is one of the players I'm really feeling town on and I find myself agreeing with her a lot.

I have the same feelings about Murmur, I really like her case on rarity.

I would vote Rarity, Dominoes, and Exakt today with the latter two being interchangeable in desirability. I really like the cases that have been made against Rarity but I will admit I have yet to make an in-depth read of her 3 page post history so I won't vote until I have and can see things with my own eyes.

These are just my opinions but there you go. I don't like the dogpile on Dominoes and would place Exakt higher on my to vote scale.

• Locked thread