Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I ended up in a match with YouTube Superstar Serenity17 and Frenchie who were slumming it up in casual for some reason. They absolutely dominated to the point the two of them killed an entire attack team in under 30 seconds just by shooting out the windows. Theye were accused of hax and dishonorable play for window shooting then left.

Frenchies a dick tho, I was sniping across the building gap on kanal and he decided to come stand next to me and steal all my kills. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Played ranked as a group of 4 goons with one pubbie. First pubbie was okay, we won the match. Second pubbie was 4.3 k/d and a 2.3 win loss rate. Took us a couple rounds before we noticed the dude was hacking when he dropped all pretense and started prefiring through walls.

Amazingly we didn't lose right away being down a man, we stuck it out until the 9th round.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Is there match making in casual? I find that what should most likely be the most frustrating queue, solo casual, is actually my favorite and i win 95% of the time. When i group up with my buds we lose a lot. Its weird. Now my buds are trash so maybe its just guaranteeing some spots to bad players tilts it way out of balance, but i feel like i should get matched with bad players solo and yet i can carry pretty consistently despite only being like a 1.8 kda guy in ranked.

Solos so fun. I just go recruit fbi shield and gently caress around with the operators i dont main in ranked and i get 10+ kills and win all the time. Why is this happening!?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
No MM in casual. If you play with a consistently good team, it's kind of a joke.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Liberatore posted:

No MM in casual. If you play with a consistently good team, it's kind of a joke.

That makes sense. I figured it must have no match making and there aren't enough good players for it to consistently challenge a cooperative team. Sometimes the people I play with solo will stick around and we'll just run off massive 3-0 streaks.

In Destiny I find it impossible to win solo, and I was also pretty good at that, because of the SBMM (and lag)

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Party Plane Jones posted:

Played ranked as a group of 4 goons with one pubbie. First pubbie was okay, we won the match. Second pubbie was 4.3 k/d and a 2.3 win loss rate. Took us a couple rounds before we noticed the dude was hacking when he dropped all pretense and started prefiring through walls.

Amazingly we didn't lose right away being down a man, we stuck it out until the 9th round.

We kicked that dude in the second round then 4 manned till the 9th round.

Hard posted:

Ah really? I didn't even knew about Oregon and Consulate. Hell i don't even know whether the cam in Club House's bar is fixed or not since QA wasn't able to repro it. I'll look into it.

That's weird, it happened to us literally every time we played club house.

keyframe fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jan 17, 2016

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Profanity posted:

Confirming what everyone knew already, Sledge/Smoke's SMG-11 secondary does insane damage/sec. Like, 1.5-2x better than every other defender primary SMG.

if you're not trying to pick guys early from the windows using this with an ACOG you aren't playing smoke right. I love that drat gun. Smoke is just great to play in general. You can be sitting 3 or 4 v 1 and if you play it right you can just force the team to look for an easier route (or really delay them). No other defensive operator can really change plans like that.

Anderron Shi posted:

Man I love this game, even with all of its weirdness; it's like some genius made it but it was the first game he made so he missed a lot of things that only experience can teach you. Idk.
Anyone else ever able to read the opposing team's team chat for some odd reason? Anyone else have a guy in your squad that just types obscenities in chat 24/7? Can you even get banned in this game?

It reminds me a lot of minecraft in that it's a fantastic underlying game with some at times really shoddy execution. Server wonkiness and match making drives me insane. I also have died far more than I should when my guy bugs and I can't move or I get hung up on something.

This really is one of my fav games in a long time, and I think there's a ton of room for new operators and maps. I definitely like the idea of an operator with thermals and smoke grenades.

THE MACHO MAN fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 17, 2016

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Am I the only one missing a proper R6 campaign? I miss planning everything out in the original games just for it to go horribly awry the moment I executed it

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Smelly posted:

Am I the only one missing a proper R6 campaign? I miss planning everything out in the original games just for it to go horribly awry the moment I executed it

I don't. I never played the campaigns in the original games anyway.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The drone phase is a nice replacement for the planning phase. I also liked the situations and wish they'd make more for the new maps. A proper campaign with persistent operator death would be cool but meh.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Hard posted:

I know theres a deadzone fix for xb in patch 1.3 that drops on the 20th but if thats not it then yeah.. Care to elaborate please?

I'm on PS4 but people have reported it on both consoles and Ubi have acknowledged it as a bug. (It doesn't seem to effect everyone and possibly seems settings related but once you've changed it, resetting to defaults doesn't fix it.)

Basically, when aiming gently it's fine. When turning at full speed it's fine. Somewhere in the middle it's really stop and start. Turns normally, drops down to nothing, turns normally, stutters down to nothing. Feels very stop start and juddery when it happens. Doesn't happen consistently.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jehde posted:

The drone phase is a nice replacement for the planning phase. I also liked the situations and wish they'd make more for the new maps. A proper campaign with persistent operator death would be cool but meh.

Having persistent damage in ranked maps would be amazing because it would force you to change up your locations unless you wanted to spend a heap of time/effort boarding up holes.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I don't miss the campaign but it's baffling that you can't draw on the level map at the start of the game.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I wish you could bring up the map in casual at all

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
kurgann is a great clutcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGo9v_5aTK0

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Kurgann for next operator, with special ability "Shut up"

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
WITNESS MY SHAME

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Someone please save me from pubbies. PSN: SPZX

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

lohli posted:

WITNESS MY SHAME

What the hell. What level are you?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Thought of the day: Thatcher's ability is to shut down mines(with the emp)

:v:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Headphones are a must for this game, so you can pull poo poo like this and look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHkvu5h24QM

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
I had.. a knife ace. But shadowplay hosed me by not recording the last 30 seconds where I got the 5th.. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZFI-80d6Rc

This is how you roam. I am working on new montage because I'm gay.

edit: I've since slept, and reviewed this video in shadowplay form.. and gently caress shadowplay, it cut off the best run I've had :(

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 18, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

WITNESS MY SHAME

Shame? That's smart considering the new operators are 25k a pop.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Jerkface posted:

Headphones are a must for this game, so you can pull poo poo like this and look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHkvu5h24QM

Nice. 100% agree, if I am remotely trying at all I play with headphones. It's a night and day difference. i've been sniping through those a lot more. If you back off far you can get a decent look inside (clubhouse garage in particular I have a lot of success in this)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Monday morning are always fun :suicide:
Sorry if i didn't get to reply to everyone who had questions/suggestions but i can assure you that as usual i'm browsing through the thread and making sure everything is noted, flagged and sent to the right people. Also thanks to those who helped giving me repro steps for the various issues reported here.

Your vids are the best Gaga :sparkles:

__VVV Neato!
1. Did the bullets do actual damage aside from the bullet impact on materials? Like were you able to kill terros ?
2. You mentioned it happened to the other pubbie ( and no news on the 3-man squad?) but do you remember seeing any other players shooting for an abnormal amount of time?

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 18, 2016

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

So apparently there's some kind of ammo hack now, at least in Terrorist Hunt.

I queued a Realistic Terrorist Hunt last night and ended up with a group of what sounded like 3 friends who queued together, myself and another random. The game took forever to load, which the three who queued together assured us was normal and asked us not to leave. When we got in, I found my R4-C held 78 rounds per mag instead of 31, and you couldn't reload manually. However if you waited a few seconds without firing, your gun would just jump back up to 78 rounds and your max ammo count wouldn't go down. The other random player also mentioned "weird ammo regeneration", so I know it wasn't just happening to me.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hard posted:

Shield players are currently able to achieve full ADS accuracy without being in full ADS. It is unrelated to the time it takes to achieve that state.

I was wondering about this. i saw a guy with blitz shoot people every 1-1.5 second and would hit them reliably.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Zaodai posted:

So apparently there's some kind of ammo hack now, at least in Terrorist Hunt.

I queued a Realistic Terrorist Hunt last night and ended up with a group of what sounded like 3 friends who queued together, myself and another random. The game took forever to load, which the three who queued together assured us was normal and asked us not to leave. When we got in, I found my R4-C held 78 rounds per mag instead of 31, and you couldn't reload manually. However if you waited a few seconds without firing, your gun would just jump back up to 78 rounds and your max ammo count wouldn't go down. The other random player also mentioned "weird ammo regeneration", so I know it wasn't just happening to me.

Launch day I joined a game where I had 99 rounds in both gun reserves, and 99 of both gadgets. when the gun ran dry, it just reupped to full and the reserve ammo stayed at 99.

I assume it was a glitch, but it was crazy fun just whipping grenades around without a care.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

afkmacro posted:

I was wondering about this. i saw a guy with blitz shoot people every 1-1.5 second and would hit them reliably.

Is this something that we can expect to be resolved soon? Its generally not really a problem but some players are doing this to incredible effect. That said, this game has really drat good balancing for how many operators and scenarios there are.

Also what are you guys favourite maps? I like them all but Consulate is definitely my favourite. Lots of roaming possibilities, and if the other team isnt paying attention you can get them to play some 5v4 and forget about you and just start knifing dudes who are on their iphones.

Plus shootouts in the cubicles are always fun as the area gets totally torn apart. This game has the destruction that I thought battlefield 4 was going to have

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

The Duggler posted:

This game has the destruction that I thought battlefield 4 was going to have

This game is exactly what I've been looking for in a shooter since BF3: Close Quarters.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Hard posted:

Monday morning are always fun :suicide:
Sorry if i didn't get to reply to everyone who had questions/suggestions but i can assure you that as usual i'm browsing through the thread and making sure everything is noted, flagged and sent to the right people. Also thanks to those who helped giving me repro steps for the various issues reported here.

__VVV Neato!
1. Did the bullets do actual damage aside from the bullet impact on materials? Like were you able to kill terros ?
2. You mentioned it happened to the other pubbie ( and no news on the 3-man squad?) but do you remember seeing any other players shooting for an abnormal amount of time?

just fyi, i've gotten stuck on breaching charges i've placed on reinforced ceiling covers as thermite

it's happened to me on chalet, 2nd floor, the ceiling cover above the bar area

i'm assuming that it is has to do with the breach charge acting as a physical object blocking movement, as it happened twice to me, as I tried to place it again and got stuck again

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Hard posted:

__VVV Neato!

1)The bullets operated completely normally as far as I could tell, aside from having more of them than I should. I could shoot through walls, blow up nitro cells, kill terrorists, etc. I never had reason to fire continually enough to run through all 78 rounds in the mag before the regeneration kicked in and put me back at full, so I don't know what would have happened if I just went full Rambo.

2) I wasn't looking for abnormalities in their play, so I can't say for sure. It felt like they were being more free with ammo than I would normally expect, but that's not really incriminating. If it helps, the host (and apparently leader of the 3 man group) was named along the lines of "IPleadtheF1th".

I only played one round with them because it was laggy as poo poo and I was just using Terrorist Hunt as a warmup round, so it could have just been a weird glitch, but it certainly seemed too big a change to not be a hack of some sort.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Zaodai posted:

1)The bullets operated completely normally as far as I could tell, aside from having more of them than I should. I could shoot through walls, blow up nitro cells, kill terrorists, etc. I never had reason to fire continually enough to run through all 78 rounds in the mag before the regeneration kicked in and put me back at full, so I don't know what would have happened if I just went full Rambo.

2) I wasn't looking for abnormalities in their play, so I can't say for sure. It felt like they were being more free with ammo than I would normally expect, but that's not really incriminating. If it helps, the host (and apparently leader of the 3 man group) was named along the lines of "IPleadtheF1th".

I only played one round with them because it was laggy as poo poo and I was just using Terrorist Hunt as a warmup round, so it could have just been a weird glitch, but it certainly seemed too big a change to not be a hack of some sort.

I've run into a similar glitch where an Ash was running around firing breaching rounds non-stop. This was in Casual, not T-hunt but I wonder if its the same glitch/hack.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Are there any guns that have a 78 round mag by default? Maybe Fuze's LMG?

Could be a thing where it makes the system believe you're using a different gun when you aren't.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Great Beer posted:

I've run into a similar glitch where an Ash was running around firing breaching rounds non-stop. This was in Casual, not T-hunt but I wonder if its the same glitch/hack.

There's definitely a bug with Ash's breaching launcher that can occur if you switch weapons immediately after firing it. It will prevent you from properly firing / reloading your other weapons until you swap back to the launcher and reload it.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Zaodai posted:

Yeah not really looking to incriminate anyone, i'd rather find the cause and get it fixed asap than go on a witch hunt as theres other people well more suited than me who are paid to do that.

It was more along the lines of whether its a server or client side issue. Sometimes every player can experience the same issue individually but in some cases you cannot see the other players having said issue. Both behaviors can lead to completely different roads of investigation.

Great Beer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdsKqN4MzPc ? .. I never want this fixed . :)

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

What is the deal with explosion damage through objects? I know deployable shields do gently caress all. Do walls do the same? I died yesterday in the house hiding upstairs in the little room adjacent to the bomb when a fuze nade went off on the other side. It is 100%, does it reduce some, does it go through unbreakable, etc.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Hard posted:

aww shuckz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItDJqTb7PIk

it's still processing, but this game still continues to be awesome. i am now determined to repro the ash bug and run around firing forever.

oh hey planb, is there a way you can pull global stats? like, what is the highest number of melee kills? :awesome: i'm currently at 167.. must go higher.

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 18, 2016

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I like playing videos and immediately hearing my own voice as I scream in terror while crawling away from Ash.

Never stop knifing people, autogaga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

By the way, I haven't tried recording anything in years but this game makes me want to, especially as I now have a big empty 2TB drive to record to.

I have a Radeon HD 6850, what software should I be using? I used to use Fraps back in like 2007 but it was always kinda lovely, so I figure there must be something better now.

• Locked thread