Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Heya! Who's this little guy?
:kiddo:

:spiderguy:

Is it spiderbro? hi five lil buddy!

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 00:02 on Jan 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

:colbert:

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

made this and uploaded it to some lifehack-y facebook groups to see who will try it

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

:colbert: :colbert:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just pour the water out of the pasta kettle and eat it with a spoon. ( The pasta, not the kettle.)

Life hack: be single.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

what do u eat the kettle with please b quick it's getting cold

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

social vegan posted:

Probably your mouth

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Do these boilovers happen because of not knowing that burner knobs are variable controls instead of on/off switches and just leaving things going full blast after the pasta is added, or are there seriously people who start off their pasta in cold water and heat it all up together?

I put pasta in a saucepan then add enough water to cover it, bring it to the boil then turn the heat down. It's not exactly rocket science.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

I put pasta in a saucepan then add enough water to cover it, bring it to the boil then turn the heat down. It's not exactly rocket science.

Congratulations, you can boil premade pasta as well as the average person. Good job.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I just eat the pasta raw and save myself doing dishes

haxxxxxxxxxxxx

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
PASTA ON FLOOR LIKE A ANIMAL

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Instead of expensive ceramic plates, just eat off of a phonebook. Tear out the pages when you're done. they're free and last for months.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i heard phonebook pages are an excellent source of fibers c/d

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HardDisk posted:

Depends on regional infrastructure.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

This is the best thing I have seen in this thread.

Just don't melt Nessie.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

social vegan posted:

Tuna in brown sauce.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This is the best thing I have seen in this thread.

Just don't melt Nessie.

Hot soup can't melt silicon Nessie

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

I've got a cool lifehack.

Rent an expensive apartment then don't pay your rent. When your landlord brings you to court offer to pay a couple hundred dollars as a sign of good faith, and then judge will force the landlord to let you stay. There you go, instant cheap rent!

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Do these boilovers happen because of not knowing that burner knobs are variable controls instead of on/off switches and just leaving things going full blast after the pasta is added, or are there seriously people who start off their pasta in cold water and heat it all up together?

Even cooking over something like a campfire, I'm pretty sure I'd just move the pan away from the heat source instead of frantically adding wooden spoons and oils.

Sometimes it happens because you live in a lovely rental house built in 1975 with a janky GE electric range that can't seem to ever find the sweet spot for pasta between "a gentle simmer" and "gently caress yeah roiling boil" no matter where you set the knob. I never had this problem cooking on a gas range, but electrics can be finicky. It's a legit hack, and I'd hardly call setting one spoon (that I'm gonna use anyways) on top of the pot a "frantic" activity. You don't put the spoon on top when it starts overboiling, you do it as the heat's coming up to prevent it while you're doing other stuff like prepping a salad.

#lifehack: just eat plain pasta and never ever turn away from the burner to make sides, so you can be there to take it off the heat source at a moment's notice the second it starts boiling too hard

(Sorry, I just got offended by all the "lol just learn to cook" comments. I know how to cook; my range on the other hand...)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

HardDisk posted:

The hell is a phonebook?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's the little book in the box that tells you how to pop the sim card tray on your iPhone, stupid.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Borden posted:

Rent an expensive apartment then don't pay your rent. When your landlord brings you to court offer to pay a couple hundred dollars as a sign of good faith, and then judge will force the landlord to let you stay. There you go, instant cheap rent!

People do this a lot. When we were looking for apartments, the real estate agent took a call from a client that had tried to do this. Basically it takes about 3-18 months to kick someone out of an apartment, so if you can do basically this until a judge gets sick of your poo poo or your landlord just murders you, you can stay off the streets.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Aphrodite posted:

It's the little book in the box that tells you how to pop the sim card tray on your iPhone, stupid.

Well lah tee dah, Mr. Moneybags. Some of us can't afford to buy off contract phones.

Lifehack: Pay a faceless corporation to put your simcard in for you

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Of course you can buy purpose-made versions now.

http://www.strapya-world.com/products/39057.html

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

"Did you back up your hard drive?"

"No, I backed up my tooooooileeeeeet :iamafag:"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Eponine posted:

People do this a lot. When we were looking for apartments, the real estate agent took a call from a client that had tried to do this. Basically it takes about 3-18 months to kick someone out of an apartment, so if you can do basically this until a judge gets sick of your poo poo or your landlord just murders you, you can stay off the streets.

In Illinois, it takes me about 45 days to complete a forcible entry and detainer. If I had to wait eighteen months to get some shithead out of one of my units I'd lose my guddamn marbles.

"This guy doesn't pay his rent! Landlords HATE him!"

Borden posted:

This #rentdiscounthack may have been a joke, but in lots of jurisdictions, if a landlord accepts a partial payment on a delinquent account that has already been sent to court, the account is immediately considered to be in good standing and the case needs to be refiled, requiring you to start the eviction process (and the clock) over again.

So, wait until eviction day and offer the landlord half of what you owe in cash. He or she will either take it, or the sheriff will throw your rear end out on the street! Walla! #renthax

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Evicting people are hard. My grandmother had a tenant who didn't pay rent for six months and in general behaved as a huge rear end in a top hat. And yet we couldn't kick him out but had to make him sign a new contract with stricter rules and only if he broke that (which of course he did) could we kick him out.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

That actually looks like a useful thing.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I am okay with some shitheads being able to abuse the system of eviction if it means protections from poo poo landlords. I do want to get in on these sweet rent hacks though

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Lifehack: Read this extremely cute imgur album about a pet ladle, walla.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
My previous 3 renters required contact info for the last place I rented so they could make sure I wasn't evicted.

#Landlordlifehax check criminal backgrounds and get references to make sure you don't lose 6 months of rent to a deadbeat shitlord!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

romeo and juliet
samson and the ladle
(i'm on fire)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Move in after an evictee and get new carpet and appliances due to them trashing the place! Instant apartment upgrade #RenterHack

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

In my head the narrator is Noel Fielding from his plasticine Joey Ramone things.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Judge Schnoopy posted:

#Landlordlifehax check criminal backgrounds and get references to make sure you don't lose 6 months of rent to a deadbeat shitlord!

In my country this is in violation with the law.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I feel a mix of bliss regret. Regret because I didn't know about these things and bliss because I'm gonna buy them right loving now.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
I actually do this. It works about 60% of the time or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Eponine posted:

I read a news story about a guy who did that with an AirBNB condo rental in Palm Springs. Rented for 30 days? You now have rights as a tenant!