Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

HexDog posted:

I really wonder if we'll ever get that one satisfying day when everything just collapses completely at once. It's probably more likely that the project will continue to slowly die with a person leaving here and there and the updates slowing down until they finally stop. People just won't stop giving them loving money.

I think shuttering completely is a much bigger risk to the owners than a slow, boring, quiet process of cutting costs to the bone with just enough devs to claim progress. You can see them positioning for this by repeatedly saying 2.0 is what they promised "from the very very very beginning".

My prediction:

I believe they'll shart out a legally satisfactory SQ42 with probably 1/10th the original planned gameplay; mostly useless filler copy pasted open world content to meet the # of missions the sold. If it bombs completely they will shrug and say "we did our absolute best but the cards were stacked against us and the market isn't ready for thr BeeDeeSSEee." A mission pack being developed now will follow to meet legal obligations. Mass layoffs. Emphatic hand waving and wringing by CIG owners and a desperate plea to "keep the dream alive" as they collect money to outsource ongoing development of 2.0 to legally demonstrate good faith effort to meet promises.

This goes on eternally being funded by Weshas and Wuldges who still try desperately to be liked by the Roberts'. Everybody else loses interest and refocuses on Bitcoin as it ascends to world dominance overnight and then fails completely. As a result Seriffph84 finally gets the help and medication he needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

notoriousman posted:

code:
"Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream."

please dont post my pic

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

I'm going to draw that fucker even it kills me, no way am I saving that pic though :colbert: nuh-uh, i'll just come back to this page and draw it with my eyes half shut, with my head turned.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Solarin posted:

I think shuttering completely is a much bigger risk to the owners than a slow, boring, quiet process of cutting costs to the bone with just enough devs to claim progress. You can see them positioning for this by repeatedly saying 2.0 is what they promised "from the very very very beginning".

My prediction:

I believe they'll shart out a legally satisfactory SQ42 with probably 1/10th the original planned gameplay; mostly useless filler copy pasted open world content to meet the # of missions the sold. If it bombs completely they will shrug and say "we did our absolute best but the cards were stacked against us and the market isn't ready for thr BeeDeeSSEee." A mission pack being developed now will follow to meet legal obligations. Mass layoffs. Emphatic hand waving and wringing by CIG owners and a desperate plea to "keep the dream alive" as they collect money to outsource ongoing development of 2.0 to legally demonstrate good faith effort to meet promises.

This goes on eternally being funded by Weshas and Wuldges who still try desperately to be liked by the Roberts'. Everybody else loses interest and refocuses on Bitcoin as it ascends to world dominance overnight and then fails completely. As a result Seriffph84 finally gets the help and medication he needs

are they even legally obligated to do anything? there have been kickstarters that have failed without producing poo poo and nothing has happened to them.

he could literally just take the money and run, especially since 90m+ of their funding wasnt even from kickstarter

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

gently caress, somebody remind me how to gangtag please, I'm retarded.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Derek, send in your goondeyadda already. At this rate, this shitshow looks like it might fall over before you send in your recording.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

fuzzknot posted:

:stonk: That reminds me of my dad telling me about how he bought his first washer and dryer. He would always go to this one laundromat and wound up there alone one night with the guy who ran the place, who started talking about how he really worked for the CIA and then went in the back and came out waving a gun around. My dad freaked, grabbed all his wet clothes out of the washer, threw them in the laundry basket, left, and bought a washer and dryer the next day.

A couple years ago when I was in the dorms, I put my laundry in and set a timer. When I got back (right on time), I watched as an rear end in a top hat took out all my clothes from the dryer to put his own in. Dude couldn't wait five seconds for me. People get really weird about laundry.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

are they even legally obligated to do anything? there have been kickstarters that have failed without producing poo poo and nothing has happened to them.

he could literally just take the money and run, especially since 90m+ of their funding wasnt even from kickstarter

They may not be legally obliged but morally they are and if I have learned anything over the past year it is that Chris is a man of his word

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Dusty Lens posted:

Did he name his pistols?

I dont recall him saying any had a name. His favorite was a really neat looking .22 that had a bunch of gold/silver scroll work on it that was a gift from his boss "For a job well done." Had a matching silencer and 2 magazines. One of my loss prevention guys was there for that one. Always thought the guy was a hit man or something after that.

fuzzknot posted:

:stonk: That reminds me of my dad telling me about how he bought his first washer and dryer. He would always go to this one laundromat and wound up there alone one night with the guy who ran the place, who started talking about how he really worked for the CIA and then went in the back and came out waving a gun around. My dad freaked, grabbed all his wet clothes out of the washer, threw them in the laundry basket, left, and bought a washer and dryer the next day.

Oh man that would be freaky. At least my guy would say "Hey, mind if i show you a cool pistol?" before he would put it on the counter and start talking about it or breaking it down.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Eonwe posted:

ive made a lot of friends in this thread

I am genuinely glad to see that they've freed you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

They may not be legally obliged but morally they are and if I have learned anything over the past year it is that Chris is a man of his word

it seems to alternate between intentional scam and man believes his own hype. its probably a bit of both. pay yourself a huge salary and buy stuff using company money + promise everything because you can totally deliver

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Ravane posted:

A couple years ago when I was in the dorms, I put my laundry in and set a timer. When I got back (right on time), I watched as an rear end in a top hat took out all my clothes from the dryer to put his own in. Dude couldn't wait five seconds for me. People get really weird about laundry.

This is why every dwelling ever should be required by law to include a washer and dryer.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

OhDearGodNo posted:

The way most cultists speak, I don't believe most of them have played a PC game since the late 90's.

Wait you don't need to allocate expanded memory using a boot disk to play Star Citizen Commander anymore?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

And probably enemies, too, if you count the Reddit lurkers. :ohdear:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

fuzzknot posted:

This is why every dwelling ever should be required by law to include a washer and dryer.

they do. its called a sink and a line to hang your wet laundry :v:

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I'm going to draw that fucker even it kills me, no way am I saving that pic though :colbert: nuh-uh, i'll just come back to this page and draw it with my eyes half shut, with my head turned.

I am more excited for the result of this than grabby hands!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Ravane posted:

There will be a physics-based dryer in the game to get your clothes clean from space mining.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

gently caress that. :mad:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

it seems to alternate between intentional scam and man believes his own hype. its probably a bit of both. pay yourself a huge salary and buy stuff using company money + promise everything because you can totally deliver

I sometimes think what I would do in his position, and then I drift off and think if I was in his position then an American football game with full teams of cats would be in early access right now

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

Yes, yes you have :)

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are you like a caveman?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nemo2342 posted:

I am genuinely glad to see that they've freed you.

thank you, friend

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
John Meowdens Football

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I'm pretty hyped for 1500.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Iglocska posted:

Are you like a caveman?

nah, i wasnt stupid enough to give crobbers any money

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

nah, i wasnt stupid enough to give crobbers any money

Well played, sir.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Dolvak let eonwe buy you an account

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Can we start a pool on the next feature that's officially cut? I think the order so far was private servers, "Grabby Hands," and now Star Marine. I'm willing to bet it will be the PVP slider since it would be easier to just give the carebears their own servers.

The real fireworks will start when they announce one of the jpegs (Banu Merchantman first) will never be flyable. Oops, sorry, I mean won't be flyable until after release.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Iglocska posted:

I am more excited for the result of this than grabby hands!

I'll upload it When derek does goon de yada 2 weeks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Google Butt posted:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Gonna snype page 1500.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

nevermind, I figured it out. Now I can go back to making chicken noodle soup!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
to 1500!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lets do it everyone!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
come on don't be shy! we're close!!!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ravane posted:

Gonna snype page 1500.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what will you post about on page 1500

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
1500 what>?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like, what if we posted about anime and recipes

• Locked thread