Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I'm starting to think that Bernie is the only person who can beat Trump this cycle, I underestimated how unpopular Hillary/the establishment is.

Just toxxed for Trump to win R nomination, if he's up against Bernie he'll get crushed, Clinton could go either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I'm starting to think that Hillary doesn't even want to be president and her campaign is just a scheme to deprive rubes of money (see also: most all of the Republicans running).

At least that way she could save some face because if she's actually trying to win she is dogshit awful at campaigning so far.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Trump or Bernie.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Lord of Pie posted:

I'm starting to think that Hillary doesn't even want to be president and her campaign is just a scheme to deprive rubes of money (see also: most all of the Republicans running).

At least that way she could save some face because if she's actually trying to win she is dogshit awful at campaigning so far.

She wants it, but she doesn't understand why she has to campaign for it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The person running as the Democrat will win in 2016, I think.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Probably the greatest thing about a trump nomination is going to be the left utterly losing their minds when the race turns out close regardless if it's Hillary or Bern. It's going to be like a reverse of what the UK went through with labour.

Lord of Pie posted:

This shouldn't be a surprise, she's always been horrible at it and her only major victory was solidly on Bills coattails. Why so many here thought she would just waltz into the whitehouse has always been a mystery.

CaptainYesterday posted:

Trump is running as a republican though. I can see why you'd be confused though, given many of his positions are to the left of Hillary, including things like Wall street.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Microwaves Mom posted:

People who literally hate Trumps guts are still more willing to vote for him than Hillary I'm starting to find out. Even those who are democratic. So I don't know, my gut is starting to move towards trump if he can pull it off. I'm seriously at the point where I'll vote for him without any irony because I hate this whole thing and figure what the gently caress can he do worse than any of the others?

I'm coming around on Trump over Hilary after reading some of his political positions, finding them to be surprisingly reasonable (e.g. eject illegal immigrants but open up a lot of easy legal immigration paths). And because I really, really don't like the idea of political dynasties. Bush Clinton Clinton Bush Bush [obama obama] Clinton Clinton? gently caress off.

I'm writing in Bernie on the general election regardless, though.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

C. Everett Koop posted:

I refuse to vote for a rapist or a maybe rapist or someone who might be related to a rapist so I can only vote for someone who I know has never had sex.

It's one more reason to vote for Ted Cruz because his wife and children are a false flag.

His son probably sodomized and violated an animal or two while torturing them to death. So you may be screwed there.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

His son probably sodomized and violated an animal or two while torturing them to death. So you may be screwed there.

Its okay because the child is just a crisis actor who flubbed his Sandy Hook audition and is being punished accordingly he can be sent to a Black Box site and easily replaced. God only bless Ted Cruz future GodKing of America.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

CaptainYesterday posted:

:eyepop:

Controversial thinking right here

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

Sagebrush posted:

I'm coming around on Trump over Hilary after reading some of his political positions, finding them to be surprisingly reasonable (e.g. eject illegal immigrants but open up a lot of easy legal immigration paths)

The president can only do one of these things

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sure, but the important part is that the other republican candidates just leave it at "ejection," regardless of whether or not they can do that.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
The Democrat

Sanders is better at being a political outsider while having an actual resume in politics.

Hilary being shady as gently caress works in her favor because when you put her next to the Republican candidates and ask who you'd want talking to Putin, it's kind of a no brainer.

Also, the Republicans can cry about Obama all they want, but the guy is going to come out of his Presidency smelling like roses as far as the zeitgeist is concerned.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

blugu64 posted:

Tump/Nugent 2016

blugu64 posted:

All I'm saying is think of the cost savings to the tax payer by having a vp that can play at the inauguration and other White House functions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkdjHhqEN6g

Timeless Appeal posted:

when you put her next to the Republican candidates and ask who you'd want talking to Putin, it's kind of a no brainer.

I'd put Nugents hunting skills against putins anyday of the week

blugu64 has issued a correction as of 07:47 on Jan 26, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Timeless Appeal posted:

Hilary being shady as gently caress works in her favor because when you put her next to the Republican candidates and ask who you'd want talking to Putin, it's kind of a no brainer.

Also, the Republicans can cry about Obama all they want, but the guy is going to come out of his Presidency smelling like roses as far as the zeitgeist is concerned.

It takes a putin to kill a putin?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Where is vice president nugent we need him to cast the tie breaking vote?? He's run off and married a 14 year old!? Again!? NUUUUGEEEEEEENT! -donald w trump

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Microwaves Mom posted:

It takes a putin to kill a putin?

comparing Hillary to Putin is giving the former a little more credit than her resume is strictly due, no?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

zeal posted:

comparing Hillary to Putin is giving the former a little more credit than her resume is strictly due, no?

If she screws up she got a whole pallet of those reset buttons gathering dust in the garage

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

zeal posted:

she and obama had an amusingly slapstick chase for the chinese officials in some climate deal.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

The electoral map favors the Dems (flipping PA and/or VA to R is much harder than keeping/flipping Ohio and Florida D) but Hillary could piss it all away by being a passionless idiot. Trump is much more likable and charismatic than Romney, and HC is the most hated women in America. The net effect of - youth -blacks +Hispanics compared to Barack will probably cancel out and probably won't make any real dent in the EC.

A lot will depend on how well Trump pivots to the center and what sort of character "general election Trump" is. The safe bet is Clinton, barring a financial meltdown or semi-major terrorist attack or an ill-timed/fatal blood clot.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
If Trump wins the nomination and goes against Hillary, he will win.
if Bernie wins and goes against anyone but Trump, he will win.
If it's Trump vs Bernie, I have no idea.
If It's Hillary vs Establishment/Cruz, a lot of third party runs will happen.I have no idea who wins.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

zeal posted:

Yeah shes a little behind on murdering people.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Vice President Ted Nugent is the only man in America qualified to deal with mr.putin

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Bernie the Sandman Sanders who the gently caress else?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

It's Clinton's unless she gets indited in the middle of the general in which case heil Uberführer Maximus Trump. An indictment is unlikely for the obvious reasons, but if she did indeed order and receive SCI over unsecured lines than someone has go down: one of her state toadies will be sacrificed on the alter of her ambition.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

If Trump wins the nomination and goes against Hillary, he will win.
if Bernie wins and goes against anyone but Trump, he will win.
If it's Trump vs Bernie, I have no idea.
If It's Hillary vs Establishment/Cruz, a lot of third party runs will happen.I have no idea who wins.

This is kind of my feeling on the matter too.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Microwaves Mom posted:

Yeah shes a little behind on murdering people.

that we know of. She could just have better cleaners.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
Trump is going to win.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
It will be President Biden; Hilary will get indited and Golden Joe will ride in and gain momentum and her voters.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
You could say he's biden his time

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Diamond Joe is unanimously voted in as eternal veep.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yudo posted:

It's Clinton's unless she gets indited in the middle of the general in which case heil Uberführer Maximus Trump. An indictment is unlikely for the obvious reasons, but if she did indeed order and receive SCI over unsecured lines than someone has go down: one of her state toadies will be sacrificed on the alter of her ambition.

How soon can Obama pardon someone

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

How soon can Obama pardon someone

Whenever he wants, but they usually do the controversial ones on the way out the door so if anybody has a problem with it they can get hosed.

Obama would have to be a Ford-level doofus to pardon her now.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Lord of Pie posted:

Remember 8 years ago? I'm sure she'd do fine at actual governance but her forte is probably scowling over dossiers while negotiating on the phone with someone she absolutely loathes in a monotone voice. She was like this last primary when she started sliding vs Obama in polls/early results and tried to force being charismatic and human for the camera

The GOP race is just impossible to call. If the modern state of Republican primary electioneering wasn't a bouncy castle governed by the laws of the Warner Bros. universe my picks would be Rubio with Kaisch as a dark horse. Trump is probably the most likely outcome, but like all things Trump the most apt comparison is to professional wrestling: He's basically a heel that the management HATES and has to keep pulling groundbreaking stunts to keep the heat up. He's got to have at least 3 more tricks in his bag and if any of them manage to actually offend, or worse, bore, we might end up with alleged human being Ted Cruz.

Trump can't win a general. McKinley Republicans absolutely will jump the party line if that happens. They'll hold their nose and back Cruz. Cruz has a snowball's chance in the general since he has populist backing, but Hillary looks charismatic next to him.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

anywho, i think there is a 12% chance you can literally buy an election. tbh i wanted to put trump at 0% because i don't think he could beat any democrat in the general, but he gets 7% on the possibility that he gets the nomination and then hillary gets caught pegging an intern who accuses her of assault or something
i am bumping this old rear end thread to say that i feel real happy about this post from 2015

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bumping this thread again because i was right

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
My response is, Hillary Clinton

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
JEB!

Node