Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Listen to the worst episodes on the subway so you can glare and sneer at other people because "You fuckers don't even know, I have to bear this burden of knowledge"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The only episode I haven't been able to make a dent in is "The Thing You Like, In Pain." And I think it's because I was trying to eat dinner while I was listening to it. I never had any issue with the other gross episodes because most of them are completely ridiculous, but I guess that one really set me off. I'm not a big fan of body horror though so that's probably it, even if the concept is just as ludicrous as the ball-busting or F-List episodes.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

steinrokkan posted:

Listen to the worst episodes on the subway so you can glare and sneer at other people because "You fuckers don't even know, I have to bear this burden of knowledge"

If any of you follow the F Plus Twitter account, they retweeted me when I posted a selfie of myself listening to the foot fetish episode on the train a few weeks ago. Specifically, the part with the guy loving a shoe. I was making the most dismayed face.

And yeah I'm sure I'll re-listen to favorites. First I'm gonna listen to more of other podcasts that I've listened to less of because I wanted to hear more F Plus though!

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I've been powering through the backlog of Lou Reads to knock out all the ones I haven't listened to and I think it's doing something weird to my chakras

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Yeah, Lemon made a good point in Retrospective 2 about how the density and diversity of content in each episode make repeat listening worthwhile.

Seriously. I just now picked up a Derek Smart reference that I somehow missed in one of the older episodes (I think it was a recipe one).

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have no problem listening to any F Plus episodes, although I give up on episodes of Lou Reads maybe 25% of the time. This week's was great, though.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

X-Ray Pecs posted:

New Lou Reads is up and guess what, it's about PUAs. Oh boy.

Not just PUAs but a PUA community built entirely around sperging over text messages. It's great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If it didn't feel in bad taste to use Awful Links, this would make a great doc.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I don't know if I prefer the extremely fake story near the beginning or the extremely uninterested woman who the guy can't shut up about lollipops to. Both are absolutely hilarious in their own ways.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

watho posted:

I don't know if I prefer the extremely fake story near the beginning or the extremely uninterested woman who the guy can't shut up about lollipops to. Both are absolutely hilarious in their own ways.

His inability to move on from lollipop banter was incredible.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

EmmyOk posted:

"I'll throw in a reference to tootsie rolls to really seal the deal!" :bravo:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

SEA PATROL would also make a great doc. I can just imagine Stog reading about the methodical execution of recreational divers.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

RyokoTK posted:

The only episode I haven't been able to make a dent in is "The Thing You Like, In Pain." And I think it's because I was trying to eat dinner while I was listening to it. I never had any issue with the other gross episodes because most of them are completely ridiculous, but I guess that one really set me off. I'm not a big fan of body horror though so that's probably it, even if the concept is just as ludicrous as the ball-busting or F-List episodes.

"The Thing You Like, In Pain" is an episode that begins really difficult but then after an uncomfortable period becomes one of the funniest episodes. It's not one I'd re-listen to because of how difficult the first few minutes are but it has some really good stuff.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sleeveless posted:

SEA PATROL would also make a great doc. I can just imagine Stog reading about the methodical execution of recreational divers.

That one's next on my list after I finish xoJane.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Sea Patrol is pretty incredible. Did you know that the expert diver hunters can choose between 5 different types of flamethrower?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

EmmyOk posted:

No, his compulsion to run every abortive scrap of lollipop banter past the experts at ManWhore.org was incredible. :allears:

alcharagia posted:

"The Thing You Like, In Pain" is an episode that begins really difficult but then after an uncomfortable period becomes one of the funniest episodes. It's not one I'd re-listen to because of how difficult the first few minutes are but it has some really good stuff.
"I'm pretty sure that's the worst anal sex metaphor I've ever heard."

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

Since I've gotten 200+ episodes of great entertainment out of this podcast, I should also try to give back. Gonna see if I can make a viable doc about flat-earth conspiracy theorists.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Since I've gotten 200+ episodes of great entertainment out of this podcast, I should also try to give back. Gonna see if I can make a viable doc about flat-earth conspiracy theorists.
They've already Dumped one of those, I'm afraid.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I think now would be an ok time to revisit some subjects. It would be amazing to see how much (or how little) things change in the span of 4 years. I mean, thats like 400 internet years.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

KirbyKhan posted:

I think now would be an ok time to revisit some subjects. It would be amazing to see how much (or how little) things change in the span of 4 years. I mean, thats like 400 internet years.

I recall something about the return of Dozerfleet but I didn't see it in the hopper the other day.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Have they ever said dumped topics are just things they'll never do? I know they've said they don't really want more PUAs or MRAs, but I assume sometimes they dump things just because they don't really like the doc itself, or for some reason they've changed their mind. I don't know anything about the flat earthers or that doc in particular, but I feel like just because they've already seen something doesn't necessarily mean it's a no-go forever.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Yeah, I just looked into how to submit a doc and came upon the Dump and saw it :( oh well! Might take a look at the dumped doc and if I think I can put something together I might try it anyway. Otherwise I'm sure I'll stumble across some weird poo poo on the internet that's worthy of a doc at some point.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Radio Paranoia posted:

I recall something about the return of Dozerfleet but I didn't see it in the hopper the other day.

quote:

Dozerfleet Returns Nikaer Drekin August 2nd, 2015

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I tried to submit a flat earth society doc two or three years ago and lemon helpfully let me know that everyone and their mother was sending him one, and he/the gestalt entity of The F Plus personally found the whole group to be unfunny and not worth an episode.

But I think the general policy when it comes to dumped topics is that you shouldn't bother sending a doc on one of them unless you're absolutely positive you have gold on your hands.

Chelb fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jan 26, 2016

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

Got it. In that case, I think I'll abandon it.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
A doc I recently submitted came about by typing in "hillary clinton hate devil" into google, so maybe the trick to becoming the next Montrith is just to find a very precise combination of magickal codewords that unlock the forbidden mysteries of the internet. I'm still not entirely sure.

Chelb fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jan 26, 2016

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

MooCowlian posted:

Have they ever said dumped topics are just things they'll never do? I know they've said they don't really want more PUAs or MRAs, but I assume sometimes they dump things just because they don't really like the doc itself, or for some reason they've changed their mind. I don't know anything about the flat earthers or that doc in particular, but I feel like just because they've already seen something doesn't necessarily mean it's a no-go forever.

I think they're pretty against the groups of people who are actually dangerously bad like MRAs and stuff. Most crazies like furries and poo poo are harmless but PUAs are objectively horrible people and actually harm others so they stay away from that poo poo now.

steinrokkan posted:

I tried listening to the giantess episode waiting for a flight one time and had to turn it off because I was laughing too drat hard in front of other random people.

Tracula fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jan 26, 2016

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Tracula posted:

I tried listening to the giantess episode waiting for a flight one time and had to turn it off because I was laughing too drat hard in front of other random people.
I wonder how many people on the sidewalk wonder about the contortions that seize my face when I hear, say, Jimmyfranks's dick-wire experience.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I feel like we're on the cusp of a culture where it's totally normal to laugh or grimace like an idiot in public because of poo poo no one else can hear. Thanks for shaping the future zeitgeist F Plus!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I still get weird looks on the train though.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The Flat Earth Society is a bad pick because it's a troll group. And not even the kind that's sad and weird enough to be entertaining like the Church of Satan or Pastafarianism.

KirbyKhan posted:

A lot of the exhibits from the anniversary ep like Matthew Moulton, 2 the Ranting Gryphon, JustinRPG, etc. are still around, a "where are they now?" episode could be fun.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Make them read Fallout Equestria. :ghost:

EDIT:

quote:

I think they're pretty against the groups of people who are actually dangerously bad like MRAs and stuff. Most crazies like furries and poo poo are harmless but PUAs are objectively horrible people and actually harm others so they stay away from that poo poo now.

Sounds like bugchasing ticks those boxes.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 26, 2016

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Make them read Fallout Equestria. :ghost:
You monster :stonklol:

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I have a fairly strong constitution. In general, I can hear or read any sort of nasty poo poo, so long as I don't have to look at it.

I remember one day sitting down with my lunch to listen to some F Plus. It was Adult Babies.

I had to shut it off. It was a first for me, but it's hard to eat while someone talks to you about how to freeze your cummies.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Sleeveless posted:

The Flat Earth Society is a bad pick because it's a troll group.

That's not to say that, much like the closing statements in the waifu episode, there aren't a ton of true believers out there.

A Legit Crazy Lady posted:

and here it is ~ another lie gone TOO FAR ~ your lies are being uncovered because you just dont know when TO QUIT ~ the time to quit is while you are ahead ~ but just like GMO and BIG Pharma ~ you take this poo poo too far ~ look at the comments of the PEOPLE ~ who no longer care about this stupid bullshit that you waste our money and our time and out attention on ~ GAME OVER ~ this lie of a globe earth is going away ~ there is NO PROOF other that what you say ~ and the earth is FLAT ~ and I can say it because I have the power ~ others are afraid to say it ~ BUT I CAN SAY IT ~ this new FLAT EARTH IS NEW EARTH ~ change this one stupid thought ~ it never MATTERED to you really that the earth was a globe and it doesnt MATTER if the earth is flat ~ but by changing this one thought you can escape the matrix of this earth ~ and you can be FREE

and you BELIEVE whatever you are told ~ YOU PERSONALLY have no proof of anything ~ it doesnt MATTER if the earth is a this or that ~ what matters is that we live in a matrix ~ a slave system ~ and changing this ONE THOUGHT ~ can set you free ~ but you only care about being right and defending the lies you are fed ~ which you personally cannot prove ~ because you are living in fear ~ which is what they want ~ so good ~ you know which team you play for ~ good luck with that

and thanks for calling me a bitch ~ go ahead and edit it out so you can look like a decent person ~ let the record stand ~ the first word he wrote is "Bitch"

so lets make a really BIG thread so everyone comes and looks at it and sees you for who you are

you believe what you are told ~ and we live on a giant movie set ~ where anything can be said and anything can be proved ~ but you go ahead and DEFEND something that you believe ~ not because its TRUE ~ but because its what YOU BELIEVE

more names ~ now I am being called crazy ~ but ? things is what makes me SANE ~ beleiving everything you are told is what makes a person irresponsible for themselves

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Bean posted:

I have a fairly strong constitution. In general, I can hear or read any sort of nasty poo poo, so long as I don't have to look at it.

I remember one day sitting down with my lunch to listen to some F Plus. It was Adult Babies.

I had to shut it off. It was a first for me, but it's hard to eat while someone talks to you about how to freeze your cummies.

Weird fetish poo poo is hilarious but adult babies sets off something in me that just makes me want to curl up in a ball and die.

Give me pony freaks, give me dragon dildos, give me omegas, give me dick bugs but just seeing That Word is deeply unpleasant.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
You mean wimjob?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

chaos rhames posted:

You mean wimjob?
Sippies.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Sleeveless posted:

The Flat Earth Society is a bad pick because it's a troll group. And not even the kind that's sad and weird enough to be entertaining like the Church of Satan or Pastafarianism.

A lot of the exhibits from the anniversary ep like Matthew Moulton, 2 the Ranting Gryphon, JustinRPG, etc. are still around, a "where are they now?" episode could be fun.

I wonder if you couldn't expand the concept into a whole "alternate earths" document. Flat earths, hollow earths, that kind of thing. That way you could pick the best of the best out of the crazies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

There's potential for a full-on cum fetishist document, people get really wierd about that stuff. It'd be too gross to get read though.