Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

I've honestly considered setting up a blog for the Pro Tier participants here to do just that. Something slick, mobile-friendly, with easy subject tagging, timeline tools and other useful organizational tools that present and cross-reference data in easy-to-read ways.

I don't want to do it alone because I've got a family, hobbies and life outside of this and there's so much to unearth it would be another full time job. But there is so much intelligence buried in this thread and we all take for granted the Scam Citizen narrative as obviously true because, in the course of all the shitposts, photoshop jobs, funny videos, animated gifs and Sperg flame-ups, we've absorbed so much actual Intel that we can't help but see the macro disaster at work and the dishonest dealings that power CIG's money machine. As I wrote to Mirificus recently, there is so much gold buried in this and earlier threads, and it could easily be unearthed, separated from the dross, and made available online.

It seems to me in the public interest that we put our intelligence to good use-- whether journalistically, satirically, or otherwise-- for the sake of removing scales from the eyes of those blinded by the light of this incredible lie. I sometimes write effort posts like the aforementioned for this very reason, even though I do so expecting it will only reach a few people, if that. I believe it is morally good to shine light on corruption, to hold liars to account for their lies, to enlighten the deluded and suckered.

Derek Smart does this-- yet he does it in a self-serving way and his notorious reputation makes him so very easy for many to dismiss. He certainly has his own agenda and it's a self-interested one. When he says he wants to hold Chris and Sandi to account, you can't help but think he wants them to beg for mercy and profess their great sins of referring to him as a terrible developer and the rest. He deserves credit, ample credit, for what he has done and continues to do to expose the corruption. But the Star Citizen faithful have antibodies that immediately attack anything he says before it can reach their brains and change their minds. That is a hinderance and when he DOES break stories, the Gaming Media always frames their articles in another "Derek Smart Vs Chris & Sandi narrative" and, in the process, poisons the well.

The Gaming Media is cowardly, incurious, and driven largely to seek their short term economic reward of maximizing clicks and pop-ups and minimizing resource costs. They will sooner write 100 articles about "Check out these Fallout 4 mods that let you turn deathclaws into Randy Savage!" than one real piece of investigative journalism about Star Citizen. Even though it would be so, so easy because CIG's public record is bursting at the seams with smoking guns, mostly in the forms of their written or spoken statements.

I love this thread and like/respect a great many here and I'm certainly not seeking to take anything away from it by proposing this idea. I just think we often sit around waiting for someone -- a journalist, Derek Smart, whoever -- to say something about this mess. Then we delight in the convulsions produced and we hope (usually futilely) for the Gaming Media to act. Meanwhile, the great CIG fleecing machine lumbers on.

We know the truth. We have the data. We have distinct voices and often hilarious insights. Why don't we put it to use? Not for our own aggrandizement, not for advertising dollars, but simply because a great wrong is underway? If we can't stop it, we can at least document it for the sake of those likely to be harmed by it. It truly is a moral wrong. Whether or not the Gaming Press ever wakes up, we are awake. The dream is a nightmare, and if we can wake the sleepers with the unfortunate truth, shouldn't we?
I had been thinking of asking you today if the feedback you received on your Star Marine write-up (both here and on Reddit) had encouraged you to pursue this idea further. I guess this answers that question :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

EightAce posted:

So, you are now seeing the huge foot in mouth plus the lovely drip feed of cutback promises. You are now seeing sq42 taking centre stage.
I am at a meeting shortly and will report all I know later. ........But I think I've been caught. Ttfn

!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

is he gonna turn out to be another pedo mod?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

EightAce posted:

So, you are now seeing the huge foot in mouth plus the lovely drip feed of cutback promises. You are now seeing sq42 taking centre stage.
I am at a meeting shortly and will report all I know later. ........But I think I've been caught. Ttfn
Good luck :(

Nicholas posted:

look its just your opinion that croberts was annoyed in that video when he literally said he was annoyed by people asking him the question that he was answering that very moment. it's very much up to interpretation q.e.d
Star Citizen is such a great source of cognitive dissonance, schadenfreude, and fremdschämen.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hey EightAce if you get busted please tell us the whole grotesque story from top to bottom

use cool fake names like keroac in On The Road if you have to.

also, please don't get in too much trouble from those rear end holes.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Alright gents, this is a bloody long Effort Post that remains, despite considerable time spent, incomplete. But I figured it would be worth putting some of the key Star Marine dates into a single hyperlinked timeline. Forgive me in advance for minor errors. I know most of this isn't news to the Regulars here; my hope is to enlighten the casual visitors, particularly those who are skeptical of our skepticism. I may be overestimating the power of deductive reasoning here.

If so, drat you hopelessly irrational nerds! :argh:

Okay, here we go!

That was fantastic!!

For those who may not have access to SA or who don't wish to even be caught dead browsing here, I just spent a good many minutes doing a version on my website. I think you will approve.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

EightAce posted:

:ohdear: stay safe, and bring garlic in case Sandi is in the building.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

D_Smart posted:

That was fantastic!!

For those who may not have access to SA or who don't wish to even be caught dead browsing here, I just spent a good many minutes doing a version on my website. I think you will approve.

Thank you D.Smart, you are a godsend.

If someone wants to post that in the reddit thread, that would be great.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

EightAce posted:

Oh man, hope you don't get outed or face repercussions. But as we know, truth-telling is the most dangerous game there is at CIG.

Heaven forbid somebody pop the bubble from the inside!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Timby posted:

Scams people out of millions of dollars, mis-manages the entire organization, can't deliver a product worth a poo poo?

Jimmy Haslam.

Star Citizen: A Space Factory of Sadness

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

They're also considering putting out new reasonably-priced "hobby starter" boxes for the price of what you'd normally pay for a single model. Which would be a tacit admission that their pricing structure is hosed up and predatory without actually having to change the prices on the actual single models they sell. All it took was the desperation of one mediocre-to-poor holiday season to realize they've been loving up badly. I doubt this is a sign of a major change in their corporate culture so it could go back to poo poo by the end of the year but it would be interesting if it didn't.

The GW Death Thread will probably just continue apace at any rate, since for former fans, a couple of good decisions don't make up for years of being burned.

When I first saw Warhammer as a kid I thought it was cool and wanted to get in to it until I saw that figurines cost as much as AD&D books at which point Warhammer was dead to me.

Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nope, that's the Santa Monica office. You can tell because they're playing on a $2000 Restoration Hardware table.

Is this literally true?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly? Yeah. I thought it would be private servers. I guess the difference is that Chris is directly insulting their intelligence and generosity here instead of tangentially implying they're idiots.

He seriously hosed up here.

I seriously cannot get over the fact how arrogant that man is. To go on a stream with hand picked questions, so there's no blindsiding here, and tell the people who've given shitloads of money on nothing but faith that you're annoyed at their questions. Annoyed that they're wondering where the gently caress the thing is that you were telling them was imminent a good bit of last year. And this is when the whole game is over a year late! It's seriously mind boggling, dude lives in another universe.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

EightAce posted:

stay safe CIG ghost

Popcornicus posted:

Is this literally true?

that is how much all that ugly furniture costs so

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Popcornicus posted:

Is this literally true?

Nah.
It's probably closer to $2,500.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

That was fantastic!!

Wow. It's hilarious to me that its getting recirculated, Derek.

If I'd known it would end up on a couple of other sites and a reddit thread, I'd have labored longer on it. It would be a funny thing to end up on CIG's shitlist simply by compiling Chris' statements into a single timeline...

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Wait what the gently caress. DeadMau5 is a goon? Man... Respect.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ravane posted:

Wait what the gently caress. DeadMau5 is a goon? Man... Respect.

Who is that? Also most importantly where does he stand on Doobie threads?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

:lol: It doesn't get any better than this. I'd buy a jpeg and make that my av but don't think I'm worthy

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

G0RF posted:

If I'd known it would end up on a couple of other sites and a reddit thread, I'd have labored longer on it. It would be a funny thing to end up on CIG's shitlist simply by compiling Chris' statements into a single timeline...

Just keep making more man. And like AP said, let's keep categorizing this stuff and editing it until it's as cohesive as we can get it. I know lots of goons have quotes and posts lying around in different documents, it would really help everyone to have them laid out in a comprehensible fashion.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I know CIG kinda warps everyone's idea of what companies are like but for the love of god do not give Games Workshop money

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Berious posted:

He's a DJ who's into Mickey Mouse furry cosplay. And now a mod of GBS apparently.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Nicholas posted:

look its just your opinion that croberts was annoyed in that video when he literally said he was annoyed by people asking him the question that he was answering that very moment. it's very much up to interpretation q.e.d

I'm the one asking what was respectful about it. I did a follow up question too, and really I don't want him to actually answer and I don't want to make fun of the mental gymnastics he's going through. I was really going for him maybe having a moment of clarity, asking himself, "wait, why am I not being critical of chris roberts?" but either it's a goon having fun, in which case godspeed, or he's never going to change his mind before it's too late.

Then I remembered that this thread and the goons in it are where they are because we've tried so loving hard for so loving long to get them to start thinking critically and rationally and they just flat out refuse to.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thirsty Dog posted:

I know CIG kinda warps everyone's idea of what companies are like but for the love of god do not give Games Workshop money

Yea

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

fuzzknot posted:

Oh, I forgot. I began a scarf for Bootcha but have temporarily abandoned it while I work on a blanket for a friend's wife. I started the scarf, hosed it up, frogged it, began again, and now it's less than an inch long and sitting abandoned while I work on the blanket. The scarf IS Star Citizen. It's perfect. I'll have to get a picture of it.

That's a star citizen scarf. Especially if you unpick it and start again several times.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ravane posted:

He's a DJ who's into Mickey Mouse furry cosplay. And now a mod of GBS apparently.

Sounds like a good frogger. I'm cautiously optimistic

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Oh come on now; you're a Goon. So you're already ON the poo poo list with the rest of us. There is NO getting out of that.

e. I had shared the SA link on Twitter. So I decided to convert and clean it up for folks who can't or won't come to SA

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/692471100270329857

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hi

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Christ, my news van dreams have vanished and I wanted to juke with my heavy armor. All I wanted was to rape in crates in the Verse.

Time to fill out a CS ticket.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Colostomy Bag posted:

Christ, my news van dreams have vanished and I wanted to juke with my heavy armor. All I wanted was to rape in crates in the Verse.

Time to fill out a CS ticket.

lol if you don't already have 10 or more tickets open.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Bootcha posted:

Talking to the 2015 Goonbowl winnahr right here.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736481&pagenumber=9#post453030960
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hmzSjjtSX4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0kEcNzGwa4

Blood Bowl CE (aka Blood Bowl 1) is a good buy. All the teams. People still play online.
Blood Bowl 2 is an okay buy. New teams are DLC, but the presentation is fun.
Tabletop is okay, you can get heroclix in place of board pieces.

Be Orcs or Chaos, and punch dudes. Or be Wood/Dark Elfs, and do elfy bullshit plays.

Blood Bowl is good.

Was looking at it before, (thanks google search "best Warhammer games), and picked it up now that its on sale. It better be good :argh:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Also I'm about to go make some stir fry for dinner. I have some fajita steak, like the precut stuff butchers sell because :effort: and I'm going to toss it in a quick soy sauce, hoisin sauce, crushed red pepper and honey marinade for like half an hour, then I'm gonna sear it shut. Then I'm toss in oil and garlic to start making the sauce for the stir fry, and carrots because they take the longest to cook, then the onion and what's left of the marinade. Then some bell pepper and finish it with a bit of broccoli cut as close to the head as possible because broccoli is like a little paint brush and when you bite into it it explodes with the sauce it's absorbed and is loving delicious. Also the bell pepper isn't authentic at all but god drat is it good with that sauce.

This is a good recipe for beginners to tackle because it teaches you knife skills, heat control, and mise en place, plus it's hard to really screw it up, doesn't take long, and is god drat delicious.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
makin' burgs today, bought a burger press finally

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Berious posted:

I want a hot dog now :(

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Also, if you're not familiar with asian sauces, which is understandable because there are a LOT of them, get familiar with Hoisin sauce. It's kind of a hybrid sauce, it's got a bit of everything in it and if all you're used to is soy sauce you'll be blown away.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Also, if you're not familiar with asian sauces, which is understandable because there are a LOT of them, get familiar with Hoisin sauce. It's kind of a hybrid sauce, it's got a bit of everything in it and if all you're used to is soy sauce you'll be blown away.

Hoisin is indeed awesome. Though if food chat's going to start up again I need to stop reading the thread. I have leftovers to eat tonight, and I do not need to be going to buy stuff to cook.

Ahh hell, it's been awhile since I had stir-fry. Maybe Saturday.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 28, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

drat Dirty Ape posted:

lol if you don't already have 10 or more tickets open.

I got 20 open. Limitation of the script code that was posted here earlier. Hopefully they adjust the XML stuff so I can flood the CS department more. Clearly, they aren't developers.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Who's irrelevant now, Reddit?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh hey deadmau5 actually is a moderator now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

I get a feeling that dude likes video games.

• Locked thread