Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

This game is still kinda buggy and the netcode sucks, but it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Here's a suggestion.

Is there any way to have the game recognize when you are macro-perfect with your moves and punish for it? I just ran into a Blitz who was totally macroing his ADS and it was...less than fun.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Squeegy posted:

This game is still kinda buggy and the netcode sucks, but it owns

This sums up how I feel about the game

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Doctor_Acula posted:

Here's a suggestion.

Is there any way to have the game recognize when you are macro-perfect with your moves and punish for it? I just ran into a Blitz who was totally macroing his ADS and it was...less than fun.
You probably encountered the wrong end of the shield instant ADS glitch.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

wolffenstein posted:

You probably encountered the wrong end of the shield instant ADS glitch.

Yea but hes posting that he thinks someone used a macro to ADS+Fire on 1 button and wants to know if thats cheating/gets caught by fairfight or whatever.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

lohli posted:

The problem with them as area denial is that because of the basics of how those weapons work, they aren't really viable as anything but fancy grenades.

Nitros give away their presence by way of sound, meaning they're not viable as a proper trap because there is no surprise if they're used that way, and the sound makes them very easy to find and deal to such an extent that can't be effective area denial.

Like I said a couple of pages ago: remove the sound, add a ~5s arming time to the nitro cell once it's landed on a surface, and suddenly you have something which is viable as a trap and buffs IQ a little.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Roobanguy posted:

iq makes up for it by having the best guns on the attacking team.

She doesn't even get that.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

This only proves that if you are shooting a guy in the chest while they shoot at you you will die. And with 1 armor 3 speed I think thats pretty obvious. She has great range and recoil on her guns, plus an LMG that wrecks and reloads super fast.

not IQ related:

https://streamable.com/j5yo

you can do some fun stuff on defense in this game

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
So i guess no one plays terrorist hunt at all anymore. Every time me and a friend have started it up, we have either had to play squad solo or wait for 10 or 15 minutes for the same 3 people to load into matchmaking.

Its kinda annoying.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
What difficulty are you on? I've played a few TH rounds on Normal and Hard today for some daily challenges, and I was in within a minute or so each time. That's not queueing as a pair though. What is annoying though is that TH seems to require one person to be the lead client, and if they quite early, the match shuts down for everyone.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Deanut Pancer posted:

What difficulty are you on? I've played a few TH rounds on Normal and Hard today for some daily challenges, and I was in within a minute or so each time. That's not queueing as a pair though. What is annoying though is that TH seems to require one person to be the lead client, and if they quite early, the match shuts down for everyone.

I don't get all the hate on IQ. She's fast, two of her guns are baller as poo poo, and her gadget does have its uses. She's actually my preferred attacker, but that may also be because I'm not complete poo poo. :confuoot:

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

automaticswim posted:

I don't get all the hate on IQ. She's fast, two of her guns are baller as poo poo, and her gadget does have its uses. She's actually my preferred attacker, but that may also be because I'm not complete poo poo. :confuoot:

Stop posting, come play.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

automaticswim posted:

The gadget is pretty rear end, lets be fair. If you're so good you can win on IQ you'd be much better off with a different operator whose skill has other, better uses. Like the best player on the team should definitely pick Thermite, because a bad thermite can make attack a whole lot harder. You need that guy to survive and get his charges off. His gun is also preeettty good.

Or you could pick Twitch, who also has baller guns, is decently fast, and whose little drone is a good mini-thatcher or defender confuser.

Edit:

This game gives me like 5 things to record every time I play it, which is a good thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVheJie273c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywLKKWV_TLc

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Like I said a couple of pages ago: remove the sound, add a ~5s arming time to the nitro cell once it's landed on a surface, and suddenly you have something which is viable as a trap and buffs IQ a little.

The problem with this is you can only have one cell (or poo gas trap) out at a time, so you can't effectively use them as traps. If you have to run out, throw a short range trap, wait 5 seconds for it to arm, then still be in a position to detonate it while someone is in the kill radius without getting shot, you're probably going to be better off just shooting whoever would have died to the nitro.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It would change the nitro cell to be more for blowing out the walls between objectives and probably used as a trap on the other side of a wall in a hallway, both of which wouldn't be bad things. It just kills the instinct to stick together as attackers when someone can just toss an instakill grenade through the doorway.

While I am dreaming I would also like it so IQ can tag stuff in the same way that you tag people with a camera but that may be too far in the other direction

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jerkface posted:

The gadget is pretty rear end, lets be fair.

Have IQ be the attacker equivalent of Pulse or have her at least light up when people use their cell phones to watch cameras.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I don't know if everybody is just off playing the Division beta or what, but load times have been awful and so have the playerbase. Nobody picks up armor, they shoot teammates during the prep phase to leave them as easy kills, etc.

It's been terrible today.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Let iq use her iPad with her main weapon out. Capping heads through smoke.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
If the justification for using IQ is "she has good guns", you could also play any of the other operators with good guns (hint: her guns are not the best attacker guns) AND a useful ability such as: almost any of them.

Like this is basically the Tachanka argument again where "she can shoot dudes!" is used to justify her when she doesn't do a significantly better job of that than most other attackers and also their gimmick is rear end. The one thing she can do that's really cool, seeing through smoke, is still a total crapshoot. Will the enemy see the same smoke you do? Are you in the periphery and so just silhouetted against it? You have no way to know!

Basically

Jerkface posted:

If you're so good you can win on IQ you'd be much better off with a different operator whose skill has other, better uses.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 30, 2016

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Will the enemy see the same smoke you do? Are you in the periphery and so just silhouetted against it? You have no way to know!

The way smoke functions is incredibly poorly handled.

If you're really close to the smoke, but not inside it, you can see about halfway into the smoke cloud just fine, if you get inside it you can't see past your own gun, if you're further away you can't see inside

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

lohli posted:

The way smoke functions is incredibly poorly handled.

If you're really close to the smoke, but not inside it, you can see about halfway into the smoke cloud just fine, if you get inside it you can't see past your own gun, if you're further away you can't see inside

Pretty sure it also displays differently depending on your graphics settings; I've had people shoot me through the smoke that had no way of knowing I was there, and it wasn't just blindfire.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Pretty sure it also displays differently depending on your graphics settings; I've had people shoot me through the smoke that had no way of knowing I was there, and it wasn't just blindfire.

It's that, the smoke dispersion pattern is random from the grenade itself, and it's all done client-side, so everyone sees different smoke.

Like I still toss in smoke before I grab a hostage for some extra concealment as I leave with them but it's a supremely hosed up mechanic.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 30, 2016

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The solution is to make your team play ash, montage, and blitz. Toss 9 smokes in that room and get to work. But yeah smoke isn't reliable enough beyond being a fun gimmick with iq.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

3 out of 5 games today have had someone obviously tracking people through walls on one team or the other.

It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad. :saddowns:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Zaodai posted:

I don't know if everybody is just off playing the Division beta or what, but load times have been awful and so have the playerbase. Nobody picks up armor, they shoot teammates during the prep phase to leave them as easy kills, etc.

It's been terrible today.

I dunno if youre on PC or PS4 but the PS4 playerbase is apparently so small I keep meeting the same players in casual over and over again and if i leave a group after a match im almost guaranteed to get rematched with them even after waiting a few minutes.

So if theres even less players now due to the division beta (which is fun!) then omfg

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Deanut Pancer posted:

Any time ive tried to play, the queues for normal, hard, or even realistic Terrorist hunt have been at least 10 minutes long. Doesnt even matter what time of day, even during evening prime time hours. Ive just been playing normal squad only with a couple of friends, cause matchmaking seems to be poo poo. I frankly cant stand uplay so far.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

PC seems fine (based only on people that bought it on steam)

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Roobanguy posted:

iq makes up for it by having the best guns on the attacking team.

Sorry but "best guns" status is held by Fuze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnLX2cwF44k

:dukedog:

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I've run into a couple of really dodgy seeming players lately. People with clearance levels 130+ and ranked w/l ratios of 6+. How does someone win 6/7 or 85% of their games?. (im lvl 75 and my w/l ratio in casual is 1.77 with 82 hours played according to the ubi website)

This person i just had on my team was getting c4 multi kills every time on defence, and my friend i was playing with was watching their perspective with them shooting people through walls with no way of knowing anyone was there.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

lohli posted:

Sorry but "best guns" status is held by Fuze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnLX2cwF44k

:dukedog:

That's true. I've won several standoffs by just laying down a stream of bullets and letting people walk into it on their own.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Copper For Lyfe posted:

I've run into a couple of really dodgy seeming players lately. People with clearance levels 130+ and ranked w/l ratios of 6+. How does someone win 6/7 or 85% of their games?. (im lvl 75 and my w/l ratio in casual is 1.77 with 82 hours played according to the ubi website)
This is either cheaters, someone who managed to win 6/7 games and then decided to never play ranked again lest they ruin their super sweet win ratio, or someone who only plays ranked with a full team of 5 good players.

Copper For Lyfe posted:

This person i just had on my team was getting c4 multi kills every time on defence, and my friend i was playing with was watching their perspective with them shooting people through walls with no way of knowing anyone was there.

This seems more like someone using wallhacks.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There's some video explaining the netcode out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZj4c_j9Qs

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's some video explaining the netcode out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZj4c_j9Qs

Awesome, R6 makes your IP available to everyone you play with.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

To be fair, so does Black Ops 3.

VOIP! :argh:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but most goons are bad. Especially if they're devs.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

That's nothing new, hackers used to flash IP addresses up on the screen during games of Modern Warfare 2, although to be fair that normally wasn't an IP address of anybody in game and was just there to scare people into thinking everybody has seen your ip address.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

That's nothing new, hackers used to flash IP addresses up on the screen during games of Modern Warfare 2, although to be fair that normally wasn't an IP address of anybody in game and was just there to scare people into thinking everybody has seen your ip address.

Is WinNuke making a comeback?

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ld4awl4r0g

Has anyone else played these jokers? My friends and I did tonight and we beat them 3-2 while they talked poo poo the entire time. They are either really really bad at the game or being intentionally bad to troll people while obviously hacking. Quoting Hard so maybe he can drop by customer service and hit a switch to ban them :v:

I'm pretty sure I was actually in a group with OkPlanB like two weeks ago where we played those guys and they seemed to be hacking.

I've only been really really suspicious like three or four times, and those guys were one of the times.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I saw someone get banned by FairFight once, but then after it showed the message there were still five people on the other team, so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Squeegy posted:

I saw someone get banned by FairFight once, but then after it showed the message there were still five people on the other team, so I dunno.

I believe those notifications are global, also I dont think people get banned immediately due to FairFight. I remember reading that it flags players for further review & those players get banned at some point after they were caught hacking.

• Locked thread