Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Beagle posted:

(Thank you Heti/@fartknuckle)

Perfection. :allears:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Bizzare. The cheevo list is still unreleased. Firaxis is REALLY keeping their cards close to their chest.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Well, they have already let a fair amount of information about the tech tree stuff out, I'm happy they are keeping much of the story and what not under wraps.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Well, they have already let a fair amount of information about the tech tree stuff out, I'm happy they are keeping much of the story and what not under wraps.

I mean admittedly, I'm not expecting the story to be much more than 'Start XCOM, go to first blacksite, find item, research item, bradford goes "But what does it DO?", Tygan goes "It's a power source", you have to go raid an advent city center to find what it's supposed to go into, then something explodes and there's a sudden plot twist, also someone says "They're melting humans to make a perfect psionic warrior!" or something like that.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The Codex is also a really bizarrely interesting enemy. It looks like it's made of pure data.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Apparently we only saw around half of the enemies in the game so far.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

DrManiac posted:

I'd hope so. Even with the ones I've seen, I kinda hope to forget all their tricks and abilities or that we don't see much of them in action or even described. Call me crazy, but I like learning about these things through painful lessons, like losing a soldier over one such ability. That way, you're bound to remember it.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Speedball posted:

The Codex is also a really bizarrely interesting enemy. It looks like it's made of pure data.

The aliens merged outsiders with the internet :ohdear:

Mopp
Oct 29, 2004

Anyone knows the expected time (UTC) when the game will be available on Steam on Friday?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

I'm half expecting unholy abominations of memes and anime

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Darkrenown posted:

.... that they look like smokey women debunks that one.

You KNOW what they would look like if they were merged with the internet. :stonk: :cripes: :yikes:

Giant tittied, giant eyed, dead faced expressions, a seething mass of flesh. Skyrim modding brought to life. Make it stop make it stop. make it stop.

DrManiac posted:

I'm assuming a portion of the enemies to come will be upgraded versions, which... is good enough for me honestly. I could stand for things like "Oh, that viper has twice the healt-"*MOVE, YANK, CHOKE*-"DID SHE JUST TAKE THREE TURNS IN ONE?! BULLSHIT! :argh:" moments replacing a total mystery of what the next alien will do.

E: Call me silly, but I really hope we get an upgraded ADVENT officer class who starts calling down airstrikes willy nilly on XCOM because the alien's are done being subtle and if nuking half a city block gets XCOM's a-team killed, they are prepared to deal with the fallout. :allears:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 31, 2016

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

DrManiac posted:

Where did they say that? If so, that's awesome.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Beagle posted:

(Thank you Heti/@fartknuckle)

yeayyyy galmao

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

64bitrobot posted:

I mean admittedly, I'm not expecting the story to be much more than 'Start XCOM, go to first blacksite, find item, research item, bradford goes "But what does it DO?", Tygan goes "It's a power source", you have to go raid an advent city center to find what it's supposed to go into, then something explodes and there's a sudden plot twist, also someone says "They're melting humans to make a perfect psionic warrior!" or something like that.

I haven't followed things too closely, but the only story thing that interests me is finding out what happened to Vahlen. My suspicion: she's the insider.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Annointed posted:

I'm half expecting unholy abominations of memes and anime

You can mod that in!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Can you imagine if they started actually playing rules of nature as your ranger approached them?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

I'm hoping there's enough little WHAT THE poo poo moments in terms of enemies. Imagine being able to go into the game and not have a clue about Chryssalids, for example. :allears:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

64bitrobot posted:

No, no, cutscenes in XCOM owned. Vahlen proposes science, Bradford gets angry, shen points out the military applications, and bradford goes "and we could kill aliens..."

If these don't change I'll be happy

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm hoping there's enough little WHAT THE poo poo moments in terms of enemies. Imagine being able to go into the game and not have a clue about Chryssalids, for example. :allears:

Probably gonna be a lot of people going in blind and going "what the poo poo" about chrysalid cocoons.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
New enemy: flying whales. Spawn infinite chrysalid in packs of 2-4 every turn for the duration of a mission.

In the contagion zones.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm glad that LWS is getting props from the devs, but I still hope this doesn't delay their unique project much.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

Can you imagine if they started actually playing rules of nature as your ranger approached them?

I think it's a safe bet to say RULES OF NATURE Ranger is going to be one of the first mods.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

SpookyLizard posted:

No, no, cutscenes in XCOM owned. Vahlen proposes science, Bradford gets angry, shen points out the military applications, and bradford goes "and we could kill aliens..."

If these don't change I'll be happy

I'm a fan of the cutscenes in XCOM too, think of it as an affectionate ribbing rather than a critique.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Only mod I want Day 1 is to be able to name my Gremlins and swords.

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013

Junpei posted:

I'm glad that LWS is getting props from the devs, but I still hope this doesn't delay their unique project much.

Coolguye posted:

THREAD RULES:

- So basically, no Junpeis.

you heard the rules, kid, go away

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Vengarr posted:

Only mod I want Day 1 is to be able to name my Gremlins and swords.

Bernie Sanders voice pack.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

LotsBread posted:

He means people who acted (past tense!) like me.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Junpei posted:

Lets be fair, Terra Invicta is years and years away. Doing some XCOM 2 mods on the side will probably help keep them focused by means of the occasional break.

LotsBread posted:

Pffh. That was fine. Please do not use "Tho Shall Not Junpeis's" lightly, we'll need it later. :colbert:

E:

Crosspeice posted:

I'm gonna name my sword "CLOSE RANGE?!"

A good name. I think "Justice" will do for me.

E2: God I hope we get an entirely silly mod for putting mods on swords and grenade launchers. Why yes, I DO want to scope my sword. :allears:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 31, 2016

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Crosspeice posted:

I'm probably going to name mine Indulgence of Sever-Rending.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Thyrork posted:

Lets be fair, Terra Invicta is years and years away. Doing some XCOM 2 mods on the side will probably help keep them focused by means of the occasional break.

Pffh. That was fine. Please do not use "Tho Shall Not Junpeis's" lightly, we'll need it later. :colbert:

E:

A good name. I think "Justice" will do for me.

E2: God I hope we get an entirely silly mod for putting mods on swords and grenade launchers. Why yes, I DO want to scope my sword. :allears:

I think I'll name my sword "JUST US" and be awaiting the scythe mod.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

Has there been any mentions about 21:9 support? Can't remember.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
im not going to name my sword or customise my troops in any way.

the way our lord and saviour solomon demands

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762506
This is my new XCOM fangame thread.
See you there!

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Junpei posted:

He means people who acted (past tense!) like me.

"no Junpeis" means that we can have one Junpei, but no more than one Junpei. Welcome to the thread.

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
fuckin' A can't believe my waiting was worth it. A few more days, is all.

Did anyone notice if the churches have Ethereals replacing the cross or any other iconography?

Church of Our Visitor Jmeshbar

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Maybe that question has been answered somewhere, but is Enemy Within canon for XCOM2? I wouldn't mind getting sent on missions to retrieve the bits to build a MEC at some point. I mean, come on, we're recruiting the dregs, may as well keep them fighting as Robocops when they get hurt.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Psykmoe posted:

Maybe that question has been answered somewhere, but is Enemy Within canon for XCOM2? I wouldn't mind getting sent on missions to retrieve the bits to build a MEC at some point. I mean, come on, we're recruiting the dregs, may as well keep them fighting as Robocops when they get hurt.

I think we lost on murderstreet before we even sniffed a meld thermos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Answer: There are Enemy MECs and the blurb you get when you encounter them is "They look like Shen's designs"