Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Speedball posted:

"Everyone, stop freaking out about the blacksite!" *is two pips from campaign failure with one imminent Dark Event guaranteed to add an extra pip*

Two, Major Breakthrough adds two.

So he better hope he can do blacksite in the grace period the game gives him when it reaches max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Beagle seems to be very sure of himself on the strat layer. I am unconvinced, but we'll wait and see.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I feel like he's failing the game on purpose cause he's also curious :allears:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I get the impression that the Facility scan he's doing at the moment will get him to an avatar-progress-reduction faster than going through the rest of the black site chain. Or at least, it seems like that's the assumption he's operating under.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
So I wasn't tuned in entirely for Beag's stream, but he lost some soldiers and you can get back some MIAs on VIP missions?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
He just said he's ignoring the Blacksite on purpose. Calm down.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I bet Bradford could do a mean Kennedy impersonation.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

The ship ai kind of sounds like ADA from Zone of the Enders to me.

Why have you done this.

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.

Sober posted:

So I wasn't tuned in entirely for Beag's stream, but he lost some soldiers and you can get back some MIAs on VIP missions?

If you don't extract the entire squad on a timed mission, they're captured by Advent, and yeah there's later VIP retrieval missions to get them back.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Sober posted:

Yes.

I forgot what unlocked Mimic Beacons though. Officer autopsy?

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 31, 2022

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

Yes.

I forgot what unlocked Mimic Beacons though. Officer autopsy?

Faceless! Yeah, a shapeshifter somehow inspires Teagan to make a hologram, I guess.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Speedball posted:

"Everyone, stop freaking out about the blacksite!" *is two pips from campaign failure with one imminent Dark Event guaranteed to add an extra pip*

Actually the pending dark event will add 2 extra pips. he probably isn't freaking out because there's not much he can do. Also I don't even think the blacksite contributes to avatar project research, does it?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are SHIVs back or just those little drone things?

Colapops posted:

Why have you done this.

I'm not sure what you mean.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Knock knock open up the door its real

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I can't stop laughing.

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.
:lol: at these constant terrible ambushes

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

64bitrobot posted:

Actually the pending dark event will add 2 extra pips. he probably isn't freaking out because there's not much he can do. Also I don't even think the blacksite contributes to avatar project research, does it?

Taking down the Blacksite removes two pips of avatar progress IIRC.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Welp go loud

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm not sure what you mean.

Probably all he/she is going to be able to think of now.

Gonna make Dingo Egret the Ranger in an exosuit.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Shen's Gift DLC includes a new mechanized class: orbital frames. Two skill trees are Jehuty and Viper.

halwain
May 31, 2011
The mimic Beacon is hilarious.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That poor MEC doesn't seem to understand holograms.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Colapops posted:

Shen's Gift DLC includes a new mechanized class: orbital frames. Two skill trees are Jehuty and Viper.

Modders please. You can even put tits on them I don't care.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
The mimic beacon seems to be the 'get out of "OH gently caress"' item like the ghost grenade was last game.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Modders please. You can even put tits on them I don't care.

You better not care, it would be well within canon!

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

HenryEx posted:

He just said he's ignoring the Blacksite on purpose. Calm down.

Yeah because he knows this playthrough is already done for. He's lost what, 7 or 8 soldiers, sold all of his supplies that he previously said were crucial, and hasn't expanded any territory despite nearly meeting the lose condition.

He knows he's delaying the inevitable loss. Maybe Project Avatar has some awesome impossible mission that he wants to show the beginning of while his troops are slaughtered.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

So what is the avatar project if it just makes you lose? I assumed it was an enemy progression thing. :confused:

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Beagle talking about killing golliwogs in his bad Aussie accent. I thought he was Aussie himself? And how many times has he quoted Shrek over the course of today's stream?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That was the best loving miss in the world

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Colapops posted:

You may be thinking of dicks :v:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Missed 96% sniper shot blew up the car behind the stun lancer, creating a perfect Michael Bay moment :allears:

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Just looked up the time and the game is going to unlock at 7am on Friday for me (if I read right and 4am UTC is the release time) which means my data will be uncapped and I'll have hell of extra time to make my dozens/hundreds of soldiers in the character pool before I get started that night, which leads right into my day off :getin:

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Colapops posted:

Well, maybe not tits, but ahem something else.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
:geno: Kill them all :geno:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
What happened to that story thread sprung on us in the final XCOM mission where the Uber Ethereal said that their interest in humans was basically limited to making them psionic slave soldiers to fight against the Great Unspecified Offscreen Threat? Is that what the advent project is supposed to be?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
that man is very passionate

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Generation Internet posted:

Missed 96% sniper shot blew up the car behind the stun lancer, creating a perfect Michael Bay moment :allears:

Wait, so missed shots cause collateral damage this time?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Missed shots could cause collateral damage in the first one, it's seared into my memory ever since I accidentally got one of my soldiers killed with an errant sniper shot that set a car on fire

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Superstring posted:

Well, maybe not tits, but ahem something else.

Unlucky7 posted:

You may be thinking of dicks :v:

Nah, I was thinking Vic Viper had weird robo-boobs in addition to the cock-pit. It's been a while.

The weird stroke-speech before that was even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, missed shots always hosed over the aliens for me, they always ended up shooting some vehicle near their guys and boom!