Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I will never forget that time Mandi Gardiner was nice to me once because she mistakenly thought I was part of the press. I can't stop crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

ZenMaster posted:

Oh, so I am NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN. It took 3 days... 3 freaking days to cut this together...

:siren: https://sendvid.com/yucw76yl :siren:

Just to make someone possibly laugh on the internet. I need help.

this was strangely compelling. so much that i had to make an obscenely large gif for further study

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Baby Poo.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

What do people mean in chat when they say 'it took me a half hour to set this up'. I've seen it in old chat complaint threads and on reddit to. What are they 'setting up'? I keep imagining some kind of steampunk engine that slowly spits out a ship or something idgi

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Mendrian posted:

What do people mean in chat when they say 'it took me a half hour to set this up'. I've seen it in old chat complaint threads and on reddit to. What are they 'setting up'? I keep imagining some kind of steampunk engine that slowly spits out a ship or something idgi

It took them half an hour to load the game and get to the ship without it crashing?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

for my next video I will narrate a David Attenborough video in the style of Derek

gently caress it, I like that one better, actually.

FrankieGoes posted:

I don't know about the rest of it, but the penectomy and razor into the old ovaries are a direct and accurate quote, because they're seared into my brain.

Oh no I meant it's definitely by the original author, I just wasn't sure if it was his first Stimpire post or one of the three or four that followed.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Man, I think i'm gonna take a break from this thread.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

Man, I think i'm gonna take a break from this thread.

just when it was getting good ??

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mendrian posted:

You know how some games have this incredible technology that lets you select the same server where all your friends are? Well, the process in SC is kinda complicated.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Wafflz posted:

infamous brony citizen target acquired

mission success

I love how pissed off these people get when they're "interrupted" in a game that otherwise has nothing to do. These people should be thanking us for giving them purpose, and an emergent metagame involving actually getting into their ships and taking off while people actively try to stop them.

These people imagine themselves as heroes of the galaxy; "browncoats" or whatever pop-culture sci-fi detritus they've latched onto, but not if another player opposes them - just NPC enemies, and even then only if they choose it. Protip for the backers: if all this was real, you'd be the first people dead.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

gently caress it, I like that one better, actually.

Oh no I meant it's definitely by the original author, I just wasn't sure if it was his first Stimpire post or one of the three or four that followed.

Granted I'm not a PhD on Stimpire lore, but I'm fairly certain that was his first work. The world changed that day.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

Say what you will about this guy

but "Meta Gaming Whack Jobs" is probably the single best description of goons I've heard

New thread title please.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

New thread title please.

Excuse me I am pizza grease fingered not cheetos ok thank you

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Holy youtube comment batman

:eyepop:

:derp:

Romes128 posted:

he also calls sandi his friend cause he met her like once like a weirdo.

In he's fantasy world there pretty much an item. :ducksiren:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

fuzzy modem types are the people that cig employees are genuinely afraid of

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

peter gabriel posted:

Holy youtube comment batman

:eyepop:

Link the video he posted that under FFS.

I will gift that man an account.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

fuzzknot posted:

Yeah. It doesn't really matter. It's smashed avocado. The most important additional ingredients (not counting salt), to me, are cilantro and cumin, but it's completely up to taste. gently caress it. Just go with it.

Food chat is ruining my ability to catch up. Cumin is a pretty much must have in guac for me. If you get adventuress you can make Colombian guacamole which is blended not mashed and has chilli powder and garlic and is used as a topping for meat like grilled steak. Awesome.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

fuzzy modem types are the people that cig employees are genuinely afraid of

I don't blame them. Imagine being Sandi and telling him twice that his spaceship was kinda cool and the dude is still "you're the nicest person I've ever met, a true friend!".

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Oh that reminds me:

To all newbies, welcome to the SomethingAwful forums. Don't post in D&D (debate and discussion, not dungeons and dragons) or FYAD until you've cased the joint for at least a few months and know what you're getting into. Don't make "there's a front page??" jokes unless you're doing it as an excuse to give Lowtax another ten bucks or something.

Feel free to shitpost anywhere else if it interests you though. There's let's plays, CYOAs, pictures of pets, recipes, and also the usual forums chatter. Too many people only really hang around for like this one thread and miss out on basically everything else. May as well get some value out of those :10bux:.

With how long it takes to stay on top of this thread, I don't know how anyone has time to read anything else. I went drinking last night and missed the Fuzzy Modem saga, so I'm currently 30 pages behind and trying to gain some ground before I have to go to bed.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

D_Smart posted:

Nope. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sniofq

ps: Coming to you live from p 1677. Anything fun happen in the future?

Yes. But the speed of this thread means you already know that the guy CiS is trying to steal from due to LTI remelting antics needs your help.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, gently caress that guy.

If someone with a non-yesterday regdate barges into the thread and starts spamming generic shitizen arguments, his/her intent should probably not be taken at face value.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I skip 20 or so pages and to my surprise... CIG is trying to bully someone into giving them more money, for virtual jpegs, because of a charge back

At what point does the government just step in and say 'Ok enough you simple minded twats, off to jail with you'

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

I've probably skipped 90% of the pages of this thread.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Sappo569 posted:

I skip 20 or so pages and to my surprise... CIG is trying to bully someone into giving them more money, for virtual jpegs, because of a charge back

At what point does the government just step in and say 'Ok enough you simple minded twats, off to jail with you'

I'm not sure what's more pathetic, CIG charging peoples accounts or the shitizens defending CIG.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Goobs posted:

I'm not sure what's more pathetic, CIG charging peoples accounts or the shitizens defending CIG.

Others have already said it much better than I ever could, but how the community (as it is) lets them get away with even 1/4 of the poo poo they pull is beyond me

A system they put in place, allowed to flourish, hell even encouraged it, and now months and years later decide they want to gently caress people over and threaten them for even MORE money. If they even make it to 2017 you can guarantee we will see lots more underhanded moves like this

It boggles my mind

These are not the moves of a financially stable company, I don't give a poo poo what the supposed insiders say about cash reserves, they are strapped and its hurting.

Has Ortwin registered Cloud Imperium Collections Corp. yet?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Goobs posted:

The second, by miles.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, gently caress that guy.

Please add a bug report widget to LoD thanks. PS when did you realize the $99 early access price was retarded? You white knighted the poo poo out of that stupidity yet grew wise and charged the :tenbux: I payed at some point

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

trucutru posted:

The second, by miles.

I've been so lax on keeping up with the DogeDrag list because this thread eats my free time like Pac Man on a cherry binge.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
where's lethality Haskell9.

we demand blood for the blood god.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I'd love to help contribute to the in-game trolling screenshots but, heh :smug:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Moved to the Concern forum destroying the original poll in the process

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6324580/#Comment_6324580

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

3. No trolling. Do not post messages specifically intended to get a rise out of others. We know there's an impulse to do it, but it doesn't contribute to the community, it tears it down. Your responsibility as early pledgers is to help form a great community, not to endlessly frustrate those who come later. Included, but not limited to:

7. Do not argue with the moderators while they are acting in their official capacity. If you have an issue with a moderator and feel that you post flags have gone unexamined, send a forum PM to the Staff/Lead Moderator Patrick (@pixelpicker) with ‘MODERATION REQUEST’ as the opening line of your PM. Be aware that we will examine your entire posting history and will act for anything against our rules. Contacting the administrator is NOT a ‘get out of jail free’ card. Do not start angry threads or derail existing threads because of moderation.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the funniest thing to me is that if you want to dispute a ban you have to use the forum pm system

which you cant use if you are banned

ha ha ha

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Sappo569 posted:

Others have already said it much better than I ever could, but how the community (as it is) lets them get away with even 1/4 of the poo poo they pull is beyond me

A system they put in place, allowed to flourish, hell even encouraged it, and now months and years later decide they want to gently caress people over and threaten them for even MORE money. If they even make it to 2017 you can guarantee we will see lots more underhanded moves like this

It boggles my mind

These are not the moves of a financially stable company, I don't give a poo poo what the supposed insiders say about cash reserves, they are strapped and its hurting.

Has Ortwin registered Cloud Imperium Collections Corp. yet?

This was definitely a desperate cash grab, they really showed people how bad it REALLY is by doing this. I would of loved to of been a fly on the wall during the meeting where the higher up's are telling whoever is in charge of billing to start auto-charging people who WERENT EVEN THE ONES SCAMMING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

trucutru posted:

The second, by miles.

Yeah, basically.

I love the fact that a game that I've been following for 4 years and was made completely by one dude (a really awesome dude) is coming out at the end of the month and even though it's a pixelart harvest moon/animal crossing inspired game (Stardew Valley), will have more content than a game that so far has cost 100+ million dollars and has taken 4+ years to get to it's current state (and most likely, any future state). It boggles the mind. I'm like, Frank Grimes going over to the Simpsons for dinner losing it right now.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

alf_pogs posted:

the funniest thing to me is that if you want to dispute a ban you have to use the forum pm system

which you cant use if you are banned

ha ha ha

The second funniest is that if you want to dispute anything you get banned for it. Which wraps up your dispute really.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

A Neurotic Jew posted:

where's lethality Haskell9.

we demand blood for the blood god.

I suggested that he lurk a while and he replied that he would. Did you ever have a dream that you could turn back time and not be so dumb? Let me show you on the doll where the Horizons MMO touched me.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Haskell9 posted:

I suggested that he lurk a while and he replied that he would. Did you ever have a dream that you could turn back time and not be so dumb? Let me show you on the doll where the Horizons MMO touched me.

I bought Gone Home because I was told that it was basically a modern Maniac Mansion.

Even the flop of Star Citizen cannot compare with my hatred of that game and everyone who promoted it.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd actually rather not have lethality post here cause I think he would end up being more pathetic than fuzzy

It'd be funny, but I doubt he could be persuaded to change his mind on cig flushing his money down the toilet.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Haskell9 posted:

Lamurians4life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Romes128 posted:

I'd actually rather not have lethality post here cause I think he would end up being more pathetic than fuzzy

It'd be funny, but I doubt he could be persuaded to change his mind on cig flushing his money down the toilet.

Fuzzy was trolling pretty hilariously and I'm doubling down on Lethality not being a moron.

• Locked thread