Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

LuiCypher posted:

That being said, there's probably going to be a mod released that punishes doom clock riding in the sense that ADVENT has caught onto your poo poo and they're backing up more of their research every time you try to pull that stunt. The reasonable part of me says it should be cut down by 2-3 days every time you ride it, meaning that it's probably cool to do it once or twice but if you abuse it you'll hit a game failure state eventually.

The evil part of me says cut it down by five days each time, with the fourth being a game over.

So? It's not like someone is going to force him to mod his game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LuiCypher posted:

That being said, there's probably going to be a mod released that punishes doom clock riding in the sense that ADVENT has caught onto your poo poo and they're backing up more of their research every time you try to pull that stunt. The reasonable part of me says it should be cut down by 2-3 days every time you ride it, meaning that it's probably cool to do it once or twice but if you abuse it you'll hit a game failure state eventually.

The evil part of me says cut it down by five days each time, with the fourth being a game over.

after putting up with satellite rush and the bitching of all the lost nations, I'm glad that there's less to micromanage and more along the lines of the missions and victories themselves being what can drive back poo poo. loving satellites taking forever while loving up the arc thrower poo poo (which resulted in stalling the story progress to a hateful degree) was what really boiled my piss in EW/EU. Just let me move on with the story and do cool poo poo instead of punishing me for needing to wait on a satellite or for a perfect capture.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Free up till 500mb/month vpn from an actual company:
https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn

Used it with FO4.

e: Their website crashed when FO4 released so sign up for an account and download their program now :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does anyone have a decent free VPN alternative to that F-Secure thing? I already used it's trial period and it won't let me create another one.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

So is the best place to get it still at GMG? or CDKeys? Coupon codes?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Does steam actually ban for vpn poo poo or is it just something they frown on

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
They ban for buying games via VPN, but not for unlocking them.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can't decide now if I'm going to want to gently caress around in the character pool or just jump in first. Uughh.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dongicus posted:

Does steam actually ban for vpn poo poo or is it just something they frown on
If you use it to buy from cheaper regions (and thus pay less) I'm pretty sure they'll lay the hammer down. Early unlocks don't seem to have gotten much of a reaction from them.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I imagine the VPN clause in the TOS is more for the sake of street date lawsuits than actually meant for enforcing

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
No one has been banned for unlocking a game they legit bought for their region, plenty of people have been banned for trying to VPN buy games from Russia for $5.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
As tempting as it is to play Xcom2 now, I am not going to risk my Steam account. I can wait 12 hours like an adult.

Sure, they are not banning now, but I wouldn't want to be the first.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I imagine the VPN clause in the TOS is more for the sake of street date lawsuits than actually meant for enforcing

Yeah its likely there just to save their own rear end in case a Brick and Mortar store makes a fuss.

Goddamnit the last 30 mins or so is killing me.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Hey folks. Is this is a game I can use a PC Controller for? Due to having a newborn I don't have a lot of time sitting in front of my computer. I do, however, have ample time in my rocking recliner to play something on tv. Will this game work ok with an Xbox One wireless adapter for the computer? I've never used a PC controller before but have an xbox one wasting away with nothing to play so I may as well get some use out of the controller. I'm really wanting to play this, I just know if its not on my tv i'm not going to have much time. Thanks.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Hey folks. Is this is a game I can use a PC Controller for? Due to having a newborn I don't have a lot of time sitting in front of my computer. I do, however, have ample time in my rocking recliner to play something on tv. Will this game work ok with an Xbox One wireless adapter for the computer? I've never used a PC controller before but have an xbox one wasting away with nothing to play so I may as well get some use out of the controller.

Unfortunately no, at least not at launch. The steam controller works because it fakes a keyboard but there isn't native controller support at this time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Actually taking a game about desperately riding the edge and barely scraping by and turning it into yet another boring power fantasy about saving the world kind of sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNyhyzjYCks

AnxiousApatosaurus
Sep 2, 2004

Stylist
Did they get a new voice actor for Bradford? I didn't ever realize it was supposed to be the same character until someone pointed it out.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Unfortunately no, at least not at launch. The steam controller works because it fakes a keyboard but there isn't native controller support at this time

Oh man, that's a bummer. I kinda liked XCOM's controller setup. It wasn't spectacular, but it worked, and was nice to just sit back and play from the couch.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Kiggles posted:

Oh man, that's a bummer. I kinda liked XCOM's controller setup. It wasn't spectacular, but it worked, and was nice to just sit back and play from the couch.
It was great for precision grenade/rocket shots, going to miss it until they patch it in.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Thanks for the info.

Ok, well since I have apparently been living under a rock I guess the Steam controller works well for tv play? I can just go pick one of those up assuming they aren't crap.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The Steam controller is extremely divisive, either you will absolutely hate it or never want to use any other input device again, good luck.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Rhymenoserous posted:

So? It's not like someone is going to force him to mod his game.

Pretty much. People can play the way they want and be total funhavers while doing it. It was more of a mod idea more than anything that would require minimal tweaking to execute.

Also, that av is both hilarious and horrifying at the same time.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Since we're talking about it, can the steam controller be used as a normal 360 controller or does it have to be in its odd keyboard-emulation mode at all times?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

It was great for precision grenade/rocket shots, going to miss it until they patch it in.

They're based on tiles now instead of areas of effect, you won't be able to do it either way.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I got my cdkeys key today cool

Dunno if I wanna vpn it though

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU_QI61YI5g

10 minutes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

9 Minutes.
Warm up your VPNs, Commanders.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone use cdkeys with a vpn before?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Since we're talking about it, can the steam controller be used as a normal 360 controller or does it have to be in its odd keyboard-emulation mode at all times?

This is what Steam controller does best. Supports basically everything, and is fully customize-able, even for things like Xinput. It's really just a matter of loving/hating the touch pads.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Does anyone have a decent free VPN alternative to that F-Secure thing? I already used it's trial period and it won't let me create another one.

SoftEther VPN has worked well for me in the past, lots of connections in Japan and South Korea. Give that a try.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
:dance:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

It's 5am and I have 3 hours before I have to get ready for work... Lets do this.

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

SoftEther VPN has worked well for me in the past, lots of connections in Japan and South Korea. Give that a try.

I think you specifically need the VPNGate version of it, that's the one with the server list built in.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Have fun! About to start my business trip and won't be able to play until Saturday night.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Robhol posted:

I think you specifically need the VPNGate version of it, that's the one with the server list built in.

Yeah, sorry, linked the wrong thing.

EDIT: IT'S DECRYPTING!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Plug your key in now, and then use the VPN to unlock, not to plug in the key.

No I haven't used it with cdkeys. Do it at your own discretion, don't ask other people to make your decisions for you. If you're scared just don't.

Dude what is your issue? Its been like 5 minutes and you're empty-quoting yourself already? Calm the gently caress down.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Decrypting that poo poo now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

If by "cdkeys" you mean the normal steam keys you get when buying from a third-party retailer, then yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Unlocking now :getin: