Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Eimi posted:

I put in the request over 24 hours and they haven't even authorized it, is why I'm worried. And there's no way to contact them apparently. :ohdear:

I don't think the GMG voucher is valid now that it launched anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

monster on a stick posted:

Who is the "survivor of the old war" from the pre-order bonus anyway?

It's just a random soldier that starts out wearing something from the pre-order DLC.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

cheesetriangles posted:

I don't think the GMG voucher is valid now that it launched anyway.

It said til Friday 4 pm GMT. loving Steam.

Weird, the two times I asked for a refund it was turned around quicker than that. Now I'm worried that my scheme will backfire :ohdear:

The only thing I can think of is I bought it at the same time a few other items? Still this is pretty poo poo that there's no way to contact them.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
man, xcom is a lot harder when you can't play safe all the time. I'm on my 5th ironman reset already, when i could beat classic xcom 1 with my eyes closed by this point.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
My pre-order soldier is a "survivor of the Kiryu-Kai disaster" :perfect:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Any tips on what facilities are best to build first? Does the advanced warfare centre retroactively give any extra skills?

Otherwise seems it would be good to get as early as possible. Or I am misunderstanding how it works.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

this would be the end of my 2nd campaign. Pretty much all my troops were injured except for barest rookies and I couldn't do missions on the geoscape.

Also the voucher might still work I don't know.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Eimi posted:

The only thing I can think of is I bought it at the same time a few other items? Still this is pretty poo poo that there's no way to contact them.

In the same transaction? Yeah there's no reason to do that ever, since it makes the refunds more complicated. One thing per transaction, unless you are buying a bunch of CK2 horse armor DLC.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Vengarr posted:

My pre-order soldier is a "survivor of the Kiryu-Kai disaster" :perfect:

Wow, haha, that's great.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

In the same transaction? Yeah there's no reason to do that ever, since it makes the refunds more complicated. One thing per transaction, unless you are buying a bunch of CK2 horse armor DLC.

I was buying CK2 Horse Armor dlc at the same time. I thought...why not? :negative:

Honestly at this point I'm more pissed about how there is no contact info for Steam support than the 15$ I'd save.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I can't believe I'm excited to play a new XCOM game.

Not having to work on the second game really helps with the hype. Can't wait to shot aliens in faces.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Anatharon posted:

Was there any kind of collector's edition for XCOM2 that includes the dlc? Google wasn't helpful.

"Reinforcement pack" is basically "Season Pass"

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

My download is at 99% and my body is 115% ready

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So what are the rules in place for making a goonsquaddie to add to the goonpool

Just send me an e-mail with the file or upload it to the tool linked a couple pages back. E-mail address is my username @gmail if you want to do that. Files are tiny and can easily be attached.

Just give them a name that is actually kind of like a real name and put your SA username (or the closest thing you can get) as the nickname.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Must... resist...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Eimi posted:

I was buying CK2 Horse Armor dlc at the same time. I thought...why not? :negative:

Honestly at this point I'm more pissed about how there is no contact info for Steam support than the 15$ I'd save.

Quoting myself, but the GMG voucher is still good, do you think Steam will eventually do the thing or will they deny it and be fuckers?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Eimi posted:

It said til Friday 4 pm GMT. loving Steam.

greenmangaming.com/vip still has a discount for ~$46

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Don't be like me and notice realize Lightning Hands perk is a separate command.

Also, could you reload and then fire in the same turn back in Xcom 1? Because doing that in 2 saved me so many missions.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Tae posted:

Also, could you reload and then fire in the same turn back in Xcom 1? Because doing that in 2 saved me so many missions.
Having just finished my latest playthrough of 1, I can tell you that no; reloading ate your turn.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just got an "easy" mission with an 8-round limit, getting to an access point on the opposite side of the map, with 2 turrets, 2 stun lancers, 2 sectoids and 3 normal advent troopers in between.

Come on game, I could barely reach that access point if I ran every turn, this is borderline impossible.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Strong Sauce posted:

greenmangaming.com/vip still has a discount for ~$46

So does this code go through steam? Never used gmg before.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Tae posted:

You could not, reloading ate your entire turn. Which is why everyone had pistols in Xcom 1, so you had an emergency weapon to switch to that didn't need reloading.

Looks like pistols are meant to be used in entirely different ways in XCOM 2. Sharpshooters only, but give them lots of free shots on enemies.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dr. Carwash posted:

Yes, it redeems on Steam like a normal game.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

:negative: it hurts....

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Just got an "easy" mission with an 8-round limit, getting to an access point on the opposite side of the map, with 2 turrets, 2 stun lancers, 2 sectoids and 3 normal advent troopers in between.

Come on game, I could barely reach that access point if I ran every turn, this is borderline impossible.

:xcom:

Also they are procedurally generated maps, I would be shocked if there weren't issues with the game not taking into account distance, obstacles, and enemy count.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Dr. Carwash posted:

It does.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I thought that if I VPNed and played the game this evening I could be responsible and resist calling in sick to work tomorrow.

I was wrong.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

explosivo posted:

Yes, it redeems on Steam like a normal game.

Sweet. Thanks.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

So what starting locations have you guys had out of curiosity?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Anyone that has been streamwatching, is there an idea of what is and is not safe to sell?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Dr. Carwash posted:

yes you can buy it on gmg. they email you 2 codes. go into steam, use first one to activate xcom2, second to activate the dlc.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

TescoBag posted:

I started in India, but got moved to eastern US after the first couple of missions.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Just noticed in someone else's video, if you shoot at an enemy standing next to an XCOM, the friendly XCOM guy will flinch and shield himself from the blast. Nice.

They also take a knee and duck if you have to shoot through them to the enemy.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

don't recall this being in EU, but apparently if one of your soldiers is in the line of fire of another soldier, that soldier will duck before the other soldier shoots.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

TescoBag posted:

Siberia, or "New Arctic" as the zone was called.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My download has an hour remaining and I'm considering staying up way too late just to play some of this tonight.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

You cannot rock a t-shirt and sick (re: dumbshit) tattoos. This game was poo poo. I'm wasn'tt mad, just disappointed.

Then my sniper took the head off some snake bitch with two revolver shots back to back.

You win some, you lose some.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I'm only a couple hours in, but a couple questions: Bradford said something about how they were contacted by an operative named Van Dorne, but "we don't need that kind of soldier." Is that just a throwaway line, or can I find him somewhere? I didn't see any missions open up after he said that.

Also, where is the Black Market? Bradford also said something about heading there because we were running low on supplies, but I also don't see it anywhere. There doesn't seem to be a Situation Room in the X2 base.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh god, what has Beagle done to Bradford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
RIP Bradford's arms. How's he gonna shoot that gun now :(

edit: Apparently Beagle has permanently disarmed Bradford now.