Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i can not relate because i have never dated an obese woman who constantly wore a nightgown and brandished a rolling pin. i guess i've just been lucky.

What imgur actually believes women are like.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

It's hard to vent all of your hatred for women and minorities when you're restricted to 140 characters, and writing 1/? 2/? on all of your posts has got to get tiring.

A lot of people don't realize they can just reply to themselves so they make separate comments too, that get individual up and down votes so you wind up with like ten different 1/? stories going on by different people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Huh. I totally get a "this poo poo never happened but I know it will get tons of upvotes, especially if I say I don't care if I get downvotes" feeling from this. Different strokes, I guess :shrug:

I get more of a "way more poo poo happened than is being let on" vibe than a pure stdh one. It's framed like he never even knew the girl or talked to her or looked at her and she just made up rape accusations against him one day. Is that possible? Yeah in an extremely minute case. But if that was true, I'd be explicitly stating that poo poo as opposed to whitewashing over any existing contact they've had.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RFC2324 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstone's_formulation

Came about in the 1700s, and is also the basis for innocent until proven guilty.

It this context it is a positive, but when these guys use it, they're saying "ignore all accusations because some have been false, because lying bitches right".

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Someone please archive that post, because it shows exactly why I don't browse imgur anymore.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

twistedmentat posted:

It this context it is a positive, but when these guys use it, they're saying "ignore all accusations because some have been false, because lying bitches right".

My experience with people who have extremely lovely views is that they start with something fundamentally good, like this, and run so far with them they end up no where near the original intent.

These guys, for example, take the 'innocent until proven guilty' combined with our fairly lovely way of handling rape accusations, and feel that an accusation is as assumption of guilt, so no one should ever be accused.

They should be fighting to ensure that such cases are handled with discretion, so innocent peoples names are not dragged through the dirt until guilt is proven, instead, imo, but idiots will be idiots.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

An inevitable reaction to groups attempting to remove due process from rape accusations

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RFC2324 posted:

My experience with people who have extremely lovely views is that they start with something fundamentally good, like this, and run so far with them they end up no where near the original intent.

These guys, for example, take the 'innocent until proven guilty' combined with our fairly lovely way of handling rape accusations, and feel that an accusation is as assumption of guilt, so no one should ever be accused.

They should be fighting to ensure that such cases are handled with discretion, so innocent peoples names are not dragged through the dirt until guilt is proven, instead, imo, but idiots will be idiots.

They're also the kind of people who would argue that there is a different between rape, and RAPE.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

twistedmentat posted:

They're also the kind of people who would argue that there is a different between rape, and RAPE.

What does this mean? The difference between violent rape and tricking someone into sex rape?

Because there is a difference, one of these things has the added element of assault and battery, likely causing significant physical trauma in addition to the psychological trauma.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

RFC2324 posted:

What does this mean? The difference between violent rape and tricking someone into sex rape?

Because there is a difference, one of these things has the added element of assault and battery, likely causing significant physical trauma in addition to the psychological trauma.

That's true, but that doesn't make the latter not rape. These kind of people often try to paint the justice system as being unfair and biased because it counts both these things as "the same" (IE as rape) despite the fact that (in the US at least) rapes that fall into the first category usually have additional violent crime charges associated with them meaning that people who get convicted of violent "traditional" rape often go down harder and get much worse sentences than people who get charged with the more common (and again, still very bad) "peer pressure" style rape offenses.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

El Estrago Bonito posted:

That's true, but that doesn't make the latter not rape. These kind of people often try to paint the justice system as being unfair and biased because it counts both these things as "the same" (IE as rape) despite the fact that (in the US at least) rapes that fall into the first category usually have additional violent crime charges associated with them meaning that people who get convicted of violent "traditional" rape often go down harder and get much worse sentences than people who get charged with the more common (and again, still very bad) "peer pressure" style rape offenses.

Yea, exactly. To the people we're talking about here, RAPE is when some stranger (probably black) attacks a young woman on her way home and it violated. On the other hand, rape is when a girl is drunk or stoned and you use that to have sex with her, or she doens't put out for you on a date but you force yourself on her or a million other situations that are way more common than the above, it's not as bad as the first one, and it for sure shouldn't be something that's a big deal.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, exactly. To the people we're talking about here, RAPE is when some stranger (probably black) attacks a young woman on her way home and it violated. On the other hand, rape is when a girl is drunk or stoned and you use that to have sex with her, or she doens't put out for you on a date but you force yourself on her or a million other situations that are way more common than the above, it's not as bad as the first one, and it for sure shouldn't be something that's a big deal.

Basically it's only RAPE if you don't like the person accused. It's not rape-rape if the attacker is a famous actor or sports player, or has a lot of money.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
edit: nevermind

Monicro has a new favorite as of 04:40 on Feb 5, 2016

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Plus for people discounting other peoples statements, they sure seem to take the person they know's statements at face value, like they can't be wrong or lying at all.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Cumslut1895 posted:

An inevitable reaction to groups attempting to remove due process from rape accusations

:crossarms:

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
p cool that literally the only worthwhile thought-provoking thread in that entire goddamn forum is the one that gets locked due to "drama"

quadrophrenic has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Feb 5, 2016

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I'm not saying that is a reasonable response, or that people with that opinion make up a majority of feminists/rape victim advocates, just that it is inevitable.

Cumslut1895 has a new favorite as of 05:31 on Feb 5, 2016

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Cumslut1895 posted:

I'm not saying that is a reasonable response, or that people with that opinion make up a majority of feminists/rape victim advocates, just that it is inevitable.

What groups exactly are trying to remove due process for rape?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Anita Sarkeesian, probably.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I don't exactly have a list, but there are some people/groups that want to remove things like intensive cross-examination of rape victims. it's not exactly a part of the court system, but there's also the recent hullabaloo about expelling people from american universities for being accused.

edit: also a lot tumblrinas, not that they count as groups

Puppy Time posted:

Anita Sarkeesian, probably.

don't lump me in with them.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Cumslut1895 posted:

I don't exactly have a list, but there are some people/groups that want to remove things like intensive cross-examination of rape victims. it's not exactly a part of the court system, but there's also the recent hullabaloo about expelling people from american universities for being accused.

:laffo:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

me. >:[

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cumslut1895 posted:

I would suggest you stop while your only moderately deep in the hole, but something tells me you won't heed my advice.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Who What Now posted:

I would suggest you stop while your only moderately deep in the hole, but something tells me you won't heed my advice.

This is bad advice, digging up never fails.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

also women should be sex-cooks that clean.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

I find it hilarious that in that racism thread the dude puts a ton of effort in to showing how racist imgur can be and withing like 3 posts some guy can't help but posting "+1 for effort!" low content poo poo

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Cumslut1895 posted:

also women should be sex-cooks that clean.

i like my sex rare to medium rare.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i like my sex rare to medium rare.

Well you've got the rare part down.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Birb Katter posted:

*golf swing*

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Birb Katter posted:

:vince:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rape discussions are loving abysmal all across the internet, but I was involved in one like a month or two ago in D&D and people were literally saying people accused of rape should be presumed guilty 100% of the time, not joking or being hyperbolic, so he's not wrong even if he's coming from a really dumb and gross place

And this wasn't a "believe the victim because it's hosed up to be lovely to a possible rape victim", it was full on "you should be guilty unless you prove you didn't rape them" because of how hard it can be get to get a rape charge to stick

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Cumslut1895 posted:

excellent input, Cumslut1895

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Aesop Poprock posted:

Rape discussions are loving abysmal all across the internet, but I was involved in one like a month or two ago in D&D and people were literally saying people accused of rape should be presumed guilty 100% of the time, not joking or being hyperbolic, so he's not wrong even if he's coming from a really dumb and gross place

And this wasn't a "believe the victim because it's hosed up to be lovely to a possible rape victim", it was full on "you should be guilty unless you prove you didn't rape them" because of how hard it can be get to get a rape charge to stick

:laffo:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol @ this mod roleplaying warhammer 40k

++The Ordos Hereticus, here to keep you safe, even from yourselves.++

the imgur forum is in good hands

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yeah putting in my 2 cents on Internet rape debates isn't the best idea when I'm drunk at 3am. Touche

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Tetracube posted:

lol @ this mod roleplaying warhammer 40k

++The Ordos Hereticus, here to keep you safe, even from yourselves.++

the imgur forum is in good hands

Are you implying WH40K is not a valid and good government model :confused:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Fathis Munk posted:

Are you implying WH40K is not a valid and good government model :confused:

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
blacks then

blacks now

wtf happened, blacks

(+5000 upvotes)

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Wharrg, Wharrg never changes.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
The internet does seem to be getting more racist lately. Or at least more accepting of racist poo poo.

I blame Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Trump wouldn't be a thing right now if Obama wasn't president. And because of Trump, a lot of his supporters are no longer afraid of voicing their racist hatred views so blatantly.

Thanks, Obama.

• Locked thread