Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The basic tenant of Greek mythology boils down to all their gods living on a big hill but no one bothered to go climb it and check out what's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:tizzy:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The basic tenant of Greek mythology boils down to all their gods living on a big hill but no one bothered to go climb it and check out what's up.

what's greek for "euphoric"

please no-one actually answer this

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Euphoric? Nah, I'm against him! I hate that guy!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I thought that Sisyphus was the basic tenant of Greek mythology?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Whoops. Tenet. Stupid homophones.

Sorry bout that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They're not homophones. Say them out loud.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

FactsAreUseless posted:

He was blaming autocorrect on his iPhone.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

a worthy uhh posted:

He was blaming autocorrect on his iPhone.

Heh

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

don't ask, don't yell

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Pre-emptive apology for quoting myself, but Hyperlynx's reply is where the funny is. I'm just the setup.

Liquid Chicken posted:

Knitastic Four

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I can only dream of being half as fashionable as these guys.

Hyperlynx posted:

If you were half as fashionable as the guy on the left, you'd be naked.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I forgive you because that is pretty funny

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Wait, is mom the guy who asked about finding/smuggling benzos in Saudi Arabia? Or am I behind the times on traveling TCC superstars?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think it was less that nobody bothered to climb it and more that they all thought you'd get killed by a thrown lightning bolt if you climbed it, but yeah it is kind of funny that they thought the gods lived on one specific mountain that was just kind of the largest one in the immediate area

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

loquacius posted:

I think it was less that nobody bothered to climb it and more that they all thought you'd get killed by a thrown lightning bolt if you climbed it, but yeah it is kind of funny that they thought the gods lived on one specific mountain that was just kind of the largest one in the immediate area

It kinda makes sense, when a thunder storm was brewing and the sky was blacked out by clouds you'd assume the lightning had to come from somewhere, why not the highest peak (which would be obscured from the bottom).

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Who the gently caress cares about Greek mythology? Open a thread nerds.

Volume posted:

*ironicly*

If the Carolina Panthers win Super Bowl 50 I will change my name to 'Smelly Ballsack Guy'

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Wait, is mom the guy who asked about finding/smuggling benzos in Saudi Arabia? Or am I behind the times on traveling TCC superstars?

that was ohnonotme, who is now either off benzos or tapering off benzos, i forget

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

that was ohnonotme, who is now either off benzos or tapering off benzos, i forget

Yeah, mom is the methhead superstar who claims to have gone on a multi-hour crank-fueled rampage while wearing a go-pro, during which he stole several hundred dollars worth of prime rib (I think, could've been another cut of meat). Among other things he's done while high.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh my god if mom was wearing a go-pro during that I *need* the video. The world needs POV batshit meth adventures.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wow, gives a whole new meaning to Crank - The Movie.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Here's some mom.txt:

quote:

If you have enough self control and self awareness, meth is fantastic

quote:

Almost lost my arm but i got to the ER in time last night. At least i didn't follow through with my DIY blood transfusion like the shadow people wanted. It was a blood clot waiting to happen. gently caress you shadow people.

quote:

I honestly can't remember the last time I've been happy, and now I'm a hermit who complains about being lonely and sad and does nothing to improve his situation. I live with 6 roommates, in a year I've only talked to 3 of them and only small-talk in passing. I mean for fucks sake I piss in bottles and dump them out my window because I'm so afraid I might run into someone while walking to the toilet and have to have an honest to god interaction with another human being.

quote:

I became obsessed with the International Jewry and actually flew to Israel while high on meth and got my jaw broken in a bar fight after denying the holocaust. I guess evryone has mandatory miltary service and knows how to fight. im banned from most youth hostels in tel aviv.

quote:

i tried to kickflip over my homies corgi while high on meth and accidentally stomped the truck of the skateboard into the dogs head. the dog lived but i got banned from the kids house and had to apologize and pay $40. in my defense the dog moved.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Here's some mom.txt:

Instead of DARE programs, they should just read TCC posts to grade school kids.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Canemacar posted:

I feel like stories about the crushingly awkward things people get up to when high are probably more effective than weird stories about potential lethal side effects.

I gave directions to a guy who was probably on lots of meth or something similar last week, he was twitchy as gently caress and his teeth were mostly gone and otherwise pointy. He had black double-pupil novelty contacts in.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Canemacar posted:

People always say some variation of this, and it always rings true.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Even when goons are really into sports, they're still goons:

Benny the Snake posted:

I wanted to answer this question more in-depth here.

I became a Seattle fan not after Super Bowl 48 but Super Bowl 49-after seeing their humiliating defeat against the Patriots because of that terrible play and interception at the last second. It was a heart breaker, but I fell in love with how well they played. It also helps that Seattle is a city where a lot of what I love originated from (Hendrix, Cobain, Pearl Jam, Neuromancer and the Cyberpunk genre, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Starbucks). This was the first football season I've ever followed and following the Hawks was amazing, especially in week 17 when I won a hoodie off a bet-that was the moment where I became both a member and believer of the 12s.

To see Cam Newton run us over in the divisional round was one thing. To see him do so when it was clear that his team was over-depending on him was another. What really made me salty, and boy howdy was I full of :salt:, was the simple fact that he compared himself to Superman. How he kept wearing Superman shirts and also how his home field played the John Williams theme. This became nerd rage, and I wanted to see Batman beat Superman. Russel Wilson wasn't Batman and going into this game I was hoping Peyton would be. It turned out Von Miller was the Dark Knight, as he was sacking and pressuring Cam was glorious. This little internal narrative of mine was helped by the constant ad presence for Batman V Superman.

Congrats, Broncos and Von Miller. Congrats for avenging us. Here's looking forward to my team's 40th season :hawksin:

PS: If you're reading Febreeze, I'd like to see a comic where Cam Newton as Superman has the MVP sack-stripped from him by Von Miller as Batman.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
To be fair, that is Benny the effin' Snake.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Christ, is that how we Seahawks fans sound to everyone else?

Jesus, no wonder everyone can't stand us.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Canemacar posted:

That mom quote about the blood clot reminds me of a comment someone made in discussion of the krokodil thread, which was "TCC: a forum for arm reduction". Anyone remember where that was or who was responsible for it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jedit posted:

That mom quote about the blood clot reminds me of a comment someone made in discussion of the krokodil thread, which was "TCC: a forum for arm reduction". Anyone remember where that was or who was responsible for it?

It's one of those things that became such a commonplace that nobody remembers who said it first, but I think it was in one of the dozens of GBS threads that mocked TCC. Specifically it was about that one TCC poster who fell asleep on their arm in a drug-induced stupor for so long it literally killed off all the nerve function and had to fight the doctors to keep them from amputating it.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

WET BUTT posted:

Dr Stigma: We're going to have to amputate your arm you stupid idiot retard
Me: *spins around really fast so my dead arm knocks all the doctors and nurses surrounding me to the ground* *picks up heroin syringe in mouth, leaps out of hospital window like a dog*

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

This makes me laugh so hard every time I read it. :laffo:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Deg posted:

[halftime]
Coach rivera: WE ARE GETTING OUR ASSES KICKED OUT THERE BOYS AND BY GOD I DIDNT WANT TO DO THIS BUT YOU'VE LEFT ME NO CHOICE
barnacle jim has a normal face
*players look confused*
barnacle jim's bikes are actually cool and not gay
*the carolina panthers players are getting upset*
jim's hole is in good condition and his dick has normal moisture levels!!
*players are pissed they start standing up and shouting*
AND BOYS LISTEN TO ME GOOD, TONIGHT AFTER THE GAME NONE OF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO gently caress BARNACLE JIM AND CUM ON HIS LONG rear end FACE
*players are furious and run through the locker room walls onto the field with the fury of a pack of rabid dogs*

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It's one of those things that became such a commonplace that nobody remembers who said it first, but I think it was in one of the dozens of GBS threads that mocked TCC. Specifically it was about that one TCC poster who fell asleep on their arm in a drug-induced stupor for so long it literally killed off all the nerve function and had to fight the doctors to keep them from amputating it.

It all got stated in this mock thread in FYAD dedicated to TCC's then-ongoing heroin thread. The posts about the dumb goon who nodded off on his arm and nearly had it amputated show up around page 8. That goon has, I'm trust you'll be just shocked to learn, died of an OD if I remember right.

atomicthumbs' quote from WET BUTT also originated there.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Oh my god if mom was wearing a go-pro during that I *need* the video. The world needs POV batshit meth adventures.

Sadly, he has never posted the go-pro rampage video, though many has asked for it.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Why such a small fraction of the Barnacle Jim beatdown?

Deg posted:

coach: go long son i'll toss you this beautiful touchdown pass. longer, longer, keep going! you'll have to go deeper than that to catch a tuddy!
player: *realizes hes running across barnacle jims long rear end face and barfs*

Deg posted:

hey ref i think we got a first down can we get a measurement?
*referees bring jims face onto the field to measure the first down*

Deg posted:

aerial coverage for superbowl 50 is provided by goodyear *the goodyear blimb is shown flying in the sky except its actually, you guesed it, barnacle jims face*

Deg posted:

they are replacing the football with barnacle jims face lol

Deg posted:

the playing surface, which is 120 yards long, is barnacle jims face. its customary for the players to take a poo poo on the field after the game which will suck for barnacle jim because its his face

Deg posted:

cam newton scores a tuddy and spikes the ball (barnacle jims face) onto the football field (also jims face)

Deg posted:

corsair bought a 30 second super bowl add. in it he's driving a motorcycle across jims long face but because its only 30 seconds so they have to play it in fast motion
ed: he has a long face

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Feb 8, 2016

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

mine's tiny. like, smaller than micropenis tiny, i gotta move stuff out of the way a bit too find it. it apparently has more nerves than a regular winky, i can't dry touch it without flinching a bit. it's surrounded by this stuff called a hood and labia with an angry hole underneath that bleeds like it means business and occasionally cries a bit? and there's no spunk sploosh when i diddle the drat thing, i think it's broken guys

Red Suit posted:

Theres no visible mark, but when I was 14 I was jacking it under the covers. My cat saw something something bobbing up and down and pounced on my junk. A claw got through the blanket and tore right across the urethra.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Karate Bastard posted:

They come in... triple packs? Someone really needs to get their cram on.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Snapchat A Titty posted:

i have the same name except different middle name as a music producer so i pretty regularly get email from wannabes who want me to produce their stuff. if i feel like it, ill ask for some acapellas and make some insane turd for them.

one time, lindsay lohan's people got in contact because they wanted a list of songs we recorded together or something, so i made up some titles. then they were like, wait what are those? could you send htem over? and i was like how can i be sure youre lindsay lohan's people, i cant just send them to anybody!!

so they proved it & then i made some really bad songs with my sister in garage band

they got really pissed at me for wasting their time, the whole email thread was like 2 weeks

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

http://tindeck.com/listen/dxbcc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

holy loly