Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

flyboi posted:

I guess the star shitizen joystick won't be happening
https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/696789360646234112

Sounds like someone is no longer clinging to the hope that SC will shift tons of units…

padijun posted:

These were people that were so dumb they undocked their freighters during "Burn Jita," an event that was announced months in advance

The game's launcher even warned you about it!

Hey, I managed to lose an interceptor during one of those. I couldn't stop laughing at the swearing going on in local chat and didn't get out of the way of the very obvious smart-bombing battleship. :D
Great fun all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Like people who mine during hulkageddon, it's like dude, take 1 week off from mining and run missions or *gasp* play another game or go outside or something. Nope, gonna mine and then get real mad when someone explodes my poo poo in a throwaway destroyer.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Calling bullshit on that. They probably had even more material prepared, or were hoping to make this another show option, but even SC posters didn't like it, so now "we only had 3 episodes planned" "we just coincidentally have one more to release" "it's definitely not because that one is already mostly done and we're releasing it anyway, it's because that's all the episodes we could possibly prepare! *tugs collar*"

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

flyboi posted:

I guess the star shitizen joystick won't be happening
https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/696789360646234112
This actually would explain recent hints (maybe in RtV?) that there were some unexpected complications which would delay the HOTAS. I figured at the time it was Chris seeing the first off-the-line production unit and saying, "Wait wait wait-- we need to add an Eject button."

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Oh hey the humble monthly bundle for march has ARK as the instant unlock. Get ARK and some random poo poo for $12 is a good deal. I'm going to enjoy some dino immersion after I've won an XCOM game.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

This actually would explain recent hints (maybe in RtV?) that there were some unexpected complications which would delay the HOTAS. I figured at the time it was Chris seeing the first off-the-line production unit and saying, "Wait wait wait-- we need to add an Eject button."

That's such a cheap and nasty looking device. It's always funny to see the utter crap CIG is happy to put their name on. In addition to the game of course.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
All these space games got me thinking about an old JRPG by Level-5, Rogue Galaxy . That game had the most ludicrous take on space I have ever seen, heard or read about. As with all Level 5 games it has its strengths (fighting, graphics, music, mini-games) and its weaknesses (hilaribad amine story, characters, overall focus). It's got some ridiculously cool music like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxeRtXhI-tY and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzsgVB8ZgRg

The game has pretty good pacing, except for the odd too long dungeon and such. Bobbin Threadbare of LP Thief and Deus Ex fame has done a pretty good LP of it as well.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
When every game in the future features Grabby HandsTM you will be not laughing. Im glad I gave Chris $7100.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Berious posted:

There's a certain sort of carebear that will get really mad and undock if you tell them they shouldn't really undock. They are used to complete safety so they're doing to undock god drat it come what may. It's the cutting off your nose to spite your face theory of carebearism.

I wish I could still stomach playing EVE. Nothing else was quite like it.

Wafflz posted:

Like people who mine during hulkageddon, it's like dude, take 1 week off from mining and run missions or *gasp* play another game or go outside or something. Nope, gonna mine and then get real mad when someone explodes my poo poo in a throwaway destroyer.

People really managed to convince themselves "Yeah these shitheads rolled into town and are disintegrating every freighter they see, but they won't get my freighter because I'm special"

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

hottubrhymemachine posted:

When every game in the future features Grabby HandsTM you will be not laughing. Im glad I gave Chris $7100.

Every game but Star Citizen, probably

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

G0RF posted:

God, I forgot how terrible this thing looked; Just the coloring alone is amazingly bad but it's also just a ridiculously lame uninspired design that's a step away from someone's cruddy DIY setup.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Berious posted:

That's such a cheap and nasty looking device. It's always funny to see the utter crap CIG is happy to put their name on. In addition to the game of course.
Yet it adheres completely to Chris' first rule of design: there is no creation so complex that it can not be improved with further complexity.

If people love this:

How much moreso with they love THIS?

When in doubt, gadget it out!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Berious posted:

Well, to be fair, CIG is happy to put its name on Star Citizen.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lastdancer posted:

God, I forgot how terrible this thing looked; Just the coloring alone is amazingly bad but it's also just a ridiculously lame uninspired design that's a step away from someone's cruddy DIY setup.

It looks like the CS:GO Asiimov skin

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Octodad and I Am Bread already have me laughing. Check mate.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

kikkelivelho posted:

▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
~*BELIEVE IN CHRIS*~
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬

When you look at todays MMOs, they sacrifice alot of "content" to make them static, less dynamic, i wouldent say other deveolpers are "idiots", i say they sacrifice development to dummify and mainstream MMOs, into something that is created in the name of profit... When CR started this enterprice he been fairly clear of what he wish to do, a alive and immersive universe, to put more focus in making the SC alive rather then just a game... And its nothing impossible about that, its just you cant have the bland MMO you want, couse thats not what CR is making... and that bland MMO, is not what CR has got the backers money or vote to make... your trying to force your will onto a project you cant know will work or not... if you dont like what CR is making there are plenty of traditional MMOs out there... let CR make the inovative dream of his !

▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
~*BELIEVE IN CHRIS*~
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

I would just like you all to take a moment and consider the fact that they had to PLAN that video and work on it for more than an hour. Just let this sink in.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Love the Freudian slip...Enterprice.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I was looking back through the Let's Read Terrible Star Wars Books thread and I couldn't help but get a Stimpire vibe from a few of the books.

Also, Space Whales. In the very first book. :iamafag:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

kikkelivelho posted:

The permadeath thread on CIG forums owns:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/317101/this-permadeath-thing-has-got-me-worried

Kerzic and Eldragon bring up the uncomfortable point that many of the features croberts has promised can't possibly coexist in the same game. The defense arguments range from "Chris is creating something completely new and amazing, don't you trust Chris?" to "maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle".
From page 1808, but I was thinking the same thing about the exploding buggies in the social module (or whatever it is). They have this starport that in any other multiplayer game with persistent characters would be a safe space to go to and meet up, trade, etc., yet they also have buggies that can run over and kill people or explode and kill people. Even without permadeath, that is insane. There's absolutely no reason to put player-driven vehicles there unless you have no concept of how players act in video games.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I giggle like an idiot at every single PAARP joke. I think I might be getting ill.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Star Citizen: Alt-tab baby!

Hahah StarEngine is a labyrinthine nightmare. What the hell have they done.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Paging fuzzknot, these are good

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Iglocska posted:

I would just like you all to take a moment and consider the fact that they had to PLAN that video and work on it for more than an hour. Just let this sink in.

If it wasn't for that stupid cross he's showing on his avatar I wouldn't recognize him.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Ash1138 posted:

From page 1808, but I was thinking the same thing about the exploding buggies in the social module (or whatever it is). They have this starport that in any other multiplayer game with persistent characters would be a safe space to go to and meet up, trade, etc., yet they also have buggies that can run over and kill people or explode and kill people. Even without permadeath, that is insane. There's absolutely no reason to put player-driven vehicles there unless you have no concept of how players act in video games.

Nonono. It will be all safe and friendly. It'll be like the old Planetside (1) sanctuaries, where no-one ever died from anything ever. Yup, yup, yup.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I hope Solar Plebeian takes 7+ years to develop, I want to really experience the soul crushing monotany hype the same way citizens do.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 8, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

I hope Solar Plebian takes 7+ years to develop, I want to really experience the soul crushing monotany hype the same way citizens do.

On the contrary, it must be out before Squadron 42, at least the first episode that is.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

On the contrary, it must be out before Squadron 42, at least the first episode that is.

That would be good, too. I could find some other dumb game to hang all my hopes and dreams for the future on.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ash1138 posted:

I think they put in buggies because cryengine supported cars out of the box so they can whip up a space buggy model and look like they are making good progress

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

I'm pretty sure that being out before Squadron 42 and taking 7+ years to develop are not mutually exclusive.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Someone ask on RtV if players can organize a Mofference.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In other news you can now go to your own private channels to spacecyber.

So you can cyber, but all the characters are still dudes, right? :gay:

:getin:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

SirPhoebos posted:

Someone ask on RtV if players can organize a Mofference.

Quick way to get banned is asking if you can arrange a party of your friends to play together.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Tippis posted:

Jokes on you you derek smart alt. I just pledged even harder to chris. Brb getting divorced/lapband.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In other news you can now go to your own private channels to spacecyber.

Has anyone told that space restaurant they will never have to seat more than 16 people? They could really cut down on their overheads

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Angela Christine posted:

So you can cyber, but all the characters are still dudes, right? :gay:

:getin:

In the grim dark future there is only

:siren: SAUSAGE CITIZEN :siren:

:gary: :gizz:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Lastdancer posted:

I'm pretty sure that lovely MadCatz joystick was a thing they'd designed already, it's just some model of theirs with some special colored plastic and a badly applied Star Citizen decal.

fake edit: Yeah I'm right, the keyboard is a Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5, and the joystick and throttle are a badly reused X52.

Really the only new thing here are the bases for the stick and throttle, everything else can be bought now at a whale friendly cost of ~350 USD.

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Quick way to get banned is asking if you can arrange a party of your friends to play together.

What if it's with your enemies, would that be okay?

• Locked thread