Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Epsilon Plus posted:

What do you think the proper town/scum balance is for a Role Madness game? Does 4:1 sound awful? Too little or too much?

When I do role madness I usually do it as 13 players with three scum. Town usually has a slight edge, but the scum need to be unlucky too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I did a role madness with a 4:10 scum:town balance, and I feel that it worked out pretty well. Was a very close game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
THE CONQUEST OF QAL RECRUITMENT THREAD

Earlier announcement

:siren: 50 PLAYERS NEEDED

SOLDIERS GAME. TWO THREADS BATTLE, ONE THREAD WINS.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MAFIA

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 2, 2016

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It's time once again

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758402

My Stupid Big Game needs only SEVEN more players!!!!!

SEVEN!!

That's almost one hand of fingers! It is definitely one hand of fingers if you are born differently from others!

My confidence that there are seven more people in our community who have not yet signed up is ASTRONOMICAL, don't let me down!!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Hello!

I took a few days away from things and came back and missed the big soldiers game. Whoops.

Given that, I was thinking about running a very small (11 player) game in the near future, like maybe end of next week or so if people don't think that would be too soon. As that would be the first game I'd be running here (or, to be honest, at all), I'd appreciate a second pair of eyes on the setup as I think it might need a little tweaking before getting started. (I'm trying to adapt an existing setup I had lying around to a smaller game, and having some trouble).

Does this seem reasonable to people? Is it too soon? I do not know!

Anyway, if you'd like to help me get this thing in order, please shoot me a PM, I'd love some help.

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 7, 2016

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Flying Leatherman posted:

Hello!

I took a few days away from things and came back and missed the big soldiers game. Whoops.

Given that, I was thinking about running a very small (11 player) game in the near future, like maybe end of next week or so if people don't think that would be too soon. As that would be the first game I'd be running here (or, to be honest, at all), I'd appreciate a second pair of eyes on the setup as I think it might need a little tweaking before getting started. (I'm trying to adapt an existing setup I had lying around to a smaller game, and having some trouble).

Does this seem reasonable to people? Is it too soon? I do not know!

Anyway, if you'd like to help me get this thing in order, please shoot me a PM, I'd love some help.

I would personally wait a week or so for that game to get started and for some people to die at least. I think that game is going to require a lot of peoples attention, and includes almost everyone that would sign up for your game.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

JakeP posted:

I would personally wait a week or so for that game to get started and for some people to die at least. I think that game is going to require a lot of peoples attention, and includes almost everyone that would sign up for your game.

yep, definitely would want to start it no earlier than, like, next Friday or the following Monday (since weekends seem to be a little slow sometimes). I just want to get the setup straightened out if I can before then. Certainly don't want to detract from anyone's awesome soldiers experience (I will be following that game religiously myself, it looks amazing)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I could take a look at your setup if you want

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Thanks a lot. I'll pm you a link shortly. :)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Yeah I'm holding off on my Mega Man game until Ecco's soldiers game wraps up.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Epsilon Plus posted:

Yeah I'm holding off on my Mega Man game until Ecco's soldiers game wraps up.

Same with my Undertale game.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

Same with my Undertale game.

Seems reasonable. I'll hold off for a bit longer then. Thanks for the advice.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Same with Choose Your Own Adventure Mafia. As soon as Ecco's game ends, I'll be recruiting for that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Personally, I'd be up for playing in a small game alongside Ecco's. A lot of us play in more than one game at a time.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

yep, definitely would want to start it no earlier than, like, next Friday or the following Monday (since weekends seem to be a little slow sometimes). I just want to get the setup straightened out if I can before then. Certainly don't want to detract from anyone's awesome soldiers experience (I will be following that game religiously myself, it looks amazing)

You should keep an eye out for replacements. I don't want to jinx the thing, but they're common than we'd like and could easily give you a chance to sign up for the game sooner or later.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Speaking of replacements, we probably need at least one, maybe even two in the big games Asiina and I are hosting

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759143

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759141

eager for anyone to step up!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

Speaking of replacements, we probably need at least one, maybe even two in the big games Asiina and I are hosting

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759143

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759141

eager for anyone to step up!

Put me in, coach! I can just be in the other thread this time :v:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

Put me in, coach! I can just be in the other thread this time :v:

ask asiina becasue I might actually be ok with this.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Someone make a new mafia game tia

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think most people are waiting for soldiers game to wane a bit. I have something I'm toying with atm though!

Unrelated question - what do people think of giving OPG powers to make voting lights out or double plurality for one day only? Is this too powerful in town or scum hands?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tommunist posted:

JakeP helped me out with the setup I was working on a couple weeks ago. It's a 11 player game so might be able to get through it pretty quick (ie not interfering with other people who have games lined up for after soldiers wraps up). I could do signups maybe this weekend if I can figure out how votefinder works.

preview edit: unless pod has something in which case I will wait! :ohdear:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

I am pre-signing you for CYOA Mafia

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

I think most people are waiting for soldiers game to wane a bit. I have something I'm toying with atm though!

Unrelated question - what do people think of giving OPG powers to make voting lights out or double plurality for one day only? Is this too powerful in town or scum hands?

lights out is absolutely bonkers powerful for town late game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP helped me out with the setup I was working on a couple weeks ago. It's a 11 player game so might be able to get through it pretty quick (ie not interfering with other people who have games lined up for after soldiers wraps up). I could do signups maybe this weekend if I can figure out how votefinder works.

Go for it, good buddy! I set up a Votefinder account myself the other day and it's pretty easy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tommunist posted:

Okay.

Smiley Mafia
, a game for 7 players. No text allowed. Smileys only.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I am pre-signing you for CYOA Mafia

I'm quoting kashuno post since phone posting but thanks to you all

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

My game is ready to go so you should post yours before I do! (mine is similarly small, 9-person game.)

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

My game is ready to go so you should post yours before I do! (mine is similarly small, 9-person game.)

sounds good! polishing the OP now and I should have something up in the next hour or so

edit: Flying Circus Mafia has been posted

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 22, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Battlestar Galactica: Thirty-Three, an 11-person fast-paced game, is now open for signups!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

the beast on the train to mars a 11 player game needs people

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

We need like 5 more

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Join Awards Show Mafia, a game for 11 players.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

"Sometimes you have to do things you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Battlestar Galactica II: Bastille Day, an open-setup game for 16 players using Lumpen's Nailbiter setup, is now open for signups!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Crossposting this because this game has been at least six years in the making, it's finally back, and its announcement will be drowned in the circlejerk thread:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Flying Circus Mafia could use a replacement. Let me know if you're interested.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Splatoonfia, a mafia game for 15 players, is taking signups!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CYOR Something Awful Dot Com Forums Mafia a mafia game for 13 players, is taking signups!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
A generic game of mafia for people who want a nice classic game of mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

THE CONQUEST OF QAL RECRUITMENT THREAD

Earlier announcement

:siren: 50 PLAYERS NEEDED

SOLDIERS GAME. TWO THREADS BATTLE, ONE THREAD WINS.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MAFIA

The Conquest has ended with an Arrentish victory, as everyone reading this post knows since pretty much everyone played in it.

Hooray.