Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Haas machining its own wheels

:magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I'd like to machine Carmen Jorda's wheels.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

George Zimmer posted:

I'd like to machine Carmen Jorda's wheels.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

be nice wicka posted:

i'm fairly certain renault will have a surprisingly decent package. they had employees in enstone in like september.

A certain Renault employee is making my package surprisingly indecent.

It's Jolyon

poty fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 13, 2016

Pacinamac
Jun 15, 2001
I CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO READ ANY FORUM SPECIFIC RULES BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH TIME TAKEN AWAY FROM STICKING THINGS UP MY ASS

El Hefe posted:

“Basically, the drivers of today are definitely overpaid for two reasons,” Marko told Sport Bild in Germany.

“Firstly, there is only a small risk that serious accidents can result in injury or even be fatal.

“Secondly, young top talent like [Max] Verstappen or [Pascal] Wehrlein can take the modern car and straight away easily do 100 laps without tiring.

“Previously you had even a Vettel have to take breaks because he was not used to the high centrifugal forces. This means that the cars are easier to drive. The drivers must do less.”

"Lastly, Hitler did nothing wrong."

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
"and this is why I should get paid more than Max and Not-Max"

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
..said Helmut 'My only job for 2015 was to get a decent engine' Marko.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-not-as-bad-as-people-make-out-says-heidfeld-673010/

"F1 not as bad as people make out", says Heidfeld

See I dunno what you people are all complaining about.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Amused by getting a "donate to Bernie" banner at the bottom of this thread

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Tsaedje posted:

Amused by getting a "donate to Bernie" banner at the bottom of this thread

Those bribes don't just magic out of nowhere. The poor old guy's got to make a living.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
so every year i make a card for my son's birthday. sometimes its cars, sometimes its airplanes, sometimes its robots shooting little stick people. anyways, this year is F1. behold my masterpiece, a probably out of regulation Audi F1 car

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

go3 posted:

so every year i make a card for my son's birthday. sometimes its cars, sometimes its airplanes, sometimes its robots shooting little stick people. anyways, this year is F1. behold my masterpiece, a probably out of regulation Audi F1 car

I am lost for words

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I love this thread

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Has Audi ever even been in F1? Even as an engine supplier? Jesus what a horrible post. Jesus.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Man Who Has Child That Loves Him and Probably Thinks He's a Superhero Trolled to Death by Lonely F1 Thread Posters

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Has Audi ever even been in F1? Even as an engine supplier? Jesus what a horrible post. Jesus.

not technically f1 but i think that this counts

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

IceAgeComing posted:

not technically f1 but i think that this counts

Cars from the 30s just look like you're going to die sitting idle in them.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
No the modern Audi is a mere shell of its former self, a pale reflection of the greatness of Auto Union racing, subsidized by the greatest government Germany has known, and economic model for Bernie himself.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Tsaedje posted:

Are they also minus Suzi "literally incapable of competently presenting TV even though it's her job" Perry?
Yeah, she's apparently being replaced as lead by someone I'd never heard of but is a regular Channel 4 presenter. (Shows how much TV I watch.) Plus Jake's back, even if only behind the scenes as one of the directors of the production company.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
this is pretty cool, similar to a X-Bow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iA7I0M9Kp0

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i sure hope the owner of project 4 sues them because of the name similarity

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Looked really nuts at Tokyo Motor Show, and pretty sure it has the MotoGP bike's engine, which, yyyyyyeah.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That thing is nothing more than a retarded model. Jesus, what a deathtrap.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Haas machining its own wheels

:magical:

obviously makes some sense for a company that sells machining tools, but for a team whose raison d'etre is to buy as much from third party suppliers as the rules allow, it's funny that they've chose to make in-house the one part that no one else does

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh dear

http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

El Hefe posted:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

be nice wicka posted:

obviously makes some sense for a company that sells machining tools, but for a team whose raison d'etre is to buy as much from third party suppliers as the rules allow, it's funny that they've chose to make in-house the one part that no one else does

Probably the cheapest and easiest part you can make yourself.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That and they are in motorsport to advertise their machining tools.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Well it worked for me, now I'm aware Haas is actually/originally a company that make machining tools.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm sure we are all aware that a F1 car usually sounds like a backfiring tractor on fire up, the McHonda...does not???

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/698886469851545601

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
These engine sound videos from all the teams are lame as gently caress and just show how desperate they are to try and force some sort of fan enthusiasm.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah gently caress them for trying to build a little hype before the season

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Just think: this time next week we'll have some actual things to talk about

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Well given that a lot of fans have bitched constantly about the noise for two years and the new regulations are supposed to fix it, it's not a bad way to kick off your promotion for the year. Plus the McHonda engine had huge problems with misfires and cylinders being all out of whack last year which made them sound like a 20 year old minicab, if they have fixed that then there is hope.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

Well given that a lot of fans have bitched constantly about the noise for two years and the new regulations are supposed to fix it, it's not a bad way to kick off your promotion for the year. Plus the McHonda engine had huge problems with misfires and cylinders being all out of whack last year which made them sound like a 20 year old minicab, if they have fixed that then there is hope.

They were still having battery problems this time last week according to *~my insider~* (pretty normal for pre-testing I would've though tbqh)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

battery problems sound pretty loving great considering what they were facing last year

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

be nice wicka posted:

battery problems sound pretty loving great considering what they were facing last year

Well those battery problems could be not getting enough charge into the battery because the MGU-H is still not working right, which would be exactly the same as last year

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
True but it was a multitude of sins last year. If Honda really have got it together and the engine has more power without exploding then it's mid field until the MGU-H is fixed and then podiums, which will be nice.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Tsaedje posted:

Well those battery problems could be not getting enough charge into the battery because the MGU-H is still not working right, which would be exactly the same as last year

It was a battery seal that was giving them issues in testing last year I believe. If I remember correctly the whole sequence of events and why Honda got hosed so badly was that they ran with the MGU-H disconnected because of the size zero/cooling issue and worked to fix that blissfully unaware (until around the european races) that the turbo was just too small and energy deployment would run out at the end of the straights at which point they had burned the majority of their tokens elsewhere.

The biggest issues with batteries is that the lead times on manufacturing them is an eternity, which isn't good if testing is like a week away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

learnincurve posted:

And you can tell that it's fixed by that tiny audio clip?

• Locked thread