Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I really enjoy all of these ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

They've all been great, but I think this is my favorite so far.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Another thing to bear in mind though, is that it sucks for the people who didn't vote wrong.

Let me clarify: All joking aside, not a single one of us voted "Right" consistently. We have all voted for Good things and Oh My God You loving Morons, How Could You Do That things.

Every winning vote robbed the losing vote of a direction they wanted Enkidel to go.
It's one thing to lose a vote, and Enkidel goes South instead of to Send or Kadmonim (sp?) Country, at least the game goes on.

But when the losing voters are effectively punished (or feel that way) because other people voted to open the Giant door that not-so-secretly ends the game, it's pretty disappointing.
With MadGod, at least, the fact that each voter WAS an individual entity inside of Denziroh gave them a chance to try to fix things when everything went to hell, but to have to sit by helplessly as a B voter because 3 more people voted for OPEN THE GAME-OVER GATE YOLO, that just feels pretty lovely.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

the_steve posted:

Another thing to bear in mind though, is that it sucks for the people who didn't vote wrong.

Let me clarify: All joking aside, not a single one of us voted "Right" consistently. We have all voted for Good things and Oh My God You loving Morons, How Could You Do That things.

Every winning vote robbed the losing vote of a direction they wanted Enkidel to go.
It's one thing to lose a vote, and Enkidel goes South instead of to Send or Kadmonim (sp?) Country, at least the game goes on.

But when the losing voters are effectively punished (or feel that way) because other people voted to open the Giant door that not-so-secretly ends the game, it's pretty disappointing.
With MadGod, at least, the fact that each voter WAS an individual entity inside of Denziroh gave them a chance to try to fix things when everything went to hell, but to have to sit by helplessly as a B voter because 3 more people voted for OPEN THE GAME-OVER GATE YOLO, that just feels pretty lovely.

It does suck that happened. I didn't want to experiment, and I didn't want to open the door - and yet here we are. I'm upset about it too - it's part of the reason I fully intend on not voting anymore when Judah is up and running. I can't bare to watch another character of ours have that happen to them.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but us going on and on about it isn't helping anything. Diogines is doing what he's doing, and isn't budging. No sense in ruining the experience for those who still want to give Game Number 2 a go, is my thinking.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

the_steve posted:

Please for the love of God can we we stop whining about the loving door? Can we quit with the idea that opening the door was the bad choice here? Not opening the door was certain death as well. There was no good or bad choice there. We were already doomed at that point. You could argue that we doomed ourselves at the teleport, but basically from the second we got Stealth Demon in our party, we were dead.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Can't wait to play as Judah. I kind of want to kill some bandits for our manhood trial. Maybe take an oath that we will make the Donut a better place and that men should be free?

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
I've been following the thread from the start but I haven't voted in ages since I can't be bothered to get involved with the masses of posts - I prefer just reading the updates.

That said, I would really like a reload - mostly because there wasn't really any closure for Enkidel, and I really enjoyed the uncovering the mysteries of the world part of the story. Saying that we might find out more even if we play as a different character feels a bit unlikely, as the two options we now have don't really have the leverage to get information like Enkidel did simply by being what he was.

Being a Mighty Man will never be as special as being whatever the hell Enkidel was, and I can't see Ish creating something potentially dangerous/interesting as Enkidel in Ashael.

I get the points that Diog raised as problems with Enkidel, but to be honest, having NPCs be slightly less cryptic and providing more information on our powers is something you can change (I mean we got a mana meter and a text description of our state whenever we want, why not more info?). Same thing applies to being clearer with information relevant to a decision - these are things fully within your power to change Diog, regardless of which character we're playing.

What you can't change is the investment people feel in a character that they've been with for 3 years. That is the biggest issue for me, and it sounds like other people feel the same way.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Please for the love of God can we we stop whining about the loving door? Can we quit with the idea that opening the door was the bad choice here? Not opening the door was certain death as well. There was no good or bad choice there. We were already doomed at that point. You could argue that we doomed ourselves at the teleport, but basically from the second we got Stealth Demon in our party, we were dead.

As has been pointed out to you before, it's not obvious that Enkidel getting squished would end his story, and for that matter Diog gave us good odds of escaping if we ran for it.

You deliberately chose a fate worse than death instead of those options, and you got it.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I just want us to focus on the upcoming and awesome Judah game :(

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

SerSpook posted:

I just want us to focus on the upcoming and awesome Judah game :(

I say we make the sword our mighty weapon! Who's with me?!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

FoxTerrier posted:

Hell yeah!

And let's spend lots of time with Grandpa! I bet he has cool stories, like the time he killed like 5 other kings at once! And how men are to be free!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

FoxTerrier posted:

Greatsword! I have this mental image of Judah running into a monster of some kind, and cleaving it in half.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

SerSpook posted:

Hell yeah!

And let's spend lots of time with Grandpa! I bet he has cool stories, like the time he killed like 5 other kings at once! And how men are to be free!

Maybe he will tell us how awesome the Zepatians are and that we should go there for our manhood trial!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Greatsword is good because it's basically just a sharp club.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

SerSpook posted:

Hell yeah!

I loved the bit where he surfed a siege tower into that one guy and then beat him to death with the wreckage.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
If we use anything but fists we might as well put on some bubble wrap armour right now.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Instead, let's go to Baitel U and study grand strategy. Fighters win battles, generals win wars.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Ralith posted:

Instead, let's go to Baitel U and study grand strategy. Fighters win battles, generals win wars.

We can do that too. In fact, I like war games for a Mighty Hobby

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

FoxTerrier posted:

HELL YEAH.

Ralith posted:

This too! We can multitask! Between killing people personally, and managing people who kill people. We can be one of those cool managers, who really understands the job, and has hands-on experience, not just a degree from a university.

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
There should ideally be time before we need to take over for granddad where we can wander up to Baitel for a few years of war training for sure. I forget though, would we need to convince them to take us or is just being well Blooded enough?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

OrangeOrbit posted:

There should ideally be time before we need to take over for granddad where we can wander up to Baitel for a few years of war training for sure. I forget though, would we need to convince them to take us or is just being well Blooded enough?

Well Blooded should be enough

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

SerSpook posted:

Well Blooded should be enough

And if it's not we shall cleave them with our mighty sword! :D

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Realistically there should be plenty of time before we have to become king, if we're even selected for that, there could be other uriah bastards.

I really want to take a nice long trip around the donut to get to learn about the different cities.

Batiel U sounds awesome too, we should have time to do a lot of stuff.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Ralith posted:

Coming back from our manhood trial with a degree in military strategy would be pretty badass.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Are we already making life plans for Judah?

16-22: Train with our weapon of choice, learn how to king from granpda, get a feel of the cities around us. Form a merchant band, with wealth plus contacts we should be able to be decent at this. Form a group of people we feel comfortable fighting with, try to stop bandit attacks around our city.
22-30: Go to Baitel, try to time this with the destruction of Ibleam so we can see how the church higher ups reacted, get some info about wether Seir and the Kadmonin lands to the east also got attacked at the same time (wait, the mass attack wasTanaach, not Ibleam, and they were like 20 years apart or something, maybe someone else can help me here). We study in the Academy, get a wife, party with old dudes, get friendly with the priesthood and approval to be king. And PLOT HOOK we are descendants of Zepa.
30-???: Maybe we go to Zepath, something probably has happened in Tadmor and we may be needed there

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I am aiming at starting on Thursday but there is a chance we may start tomorrow night or possibly, tonight. Though the odds of tonight are slim indeed. I will post a linky here if we do.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

I am aiming at starting on Thursday but there is a chance we may start tomorrow night or possibly, tonight. Though the odds of tonight are slim indeed. I will post a linky here if we do.

Woohoo!

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Mr. Nemo posted:

16-22: Train with our weapon of choice, learn how to king from granpda, get a feel of the cities around us. Form a merchant band, with wealth plus contacts we should be able to be decent at this. Form a group of people we feel comfortable fighting with, try to stop bandit attacks around our city.
22-30: Go to Baitel, try to time this with the destruction of Ibleam so we can see how the church higher ups reacted, get some info about wether Seir and the Kadmonin lands to the east also got attacked at the same time (wait, the mass attack wasTanaach, not Ibleam, and they were like 20 years apart or something, maybe someone else can help me here). We study in the Academy, get a wife, party with old dudes, get friendly with the priesthood and approval to be king. And PLOT HOOK we are descendants of Zepa.
30-???: Maybe we go to Zepath, something probably has happened in Tadmor and we may be needed there

I'd like to not completely game the system to involve ourselves with Zepath. That is all depending on our knowledge of who is our REAL dad. Like we would have no real impetus to even care about Zepath or those backwards yokels in Ibleam. I mean, what kind of farmer/hicks gets their city taken out by Demons in this day and age? Hmph. Chumps.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I'd rather not go that direction at all, personally. Didn't vote for Judah just to get mired in that place again.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I want us to cross the river for our manhood trial

Even that'd be a big deal considering how normal Urians are poo poo scared of anything even remotely to do with the ocean

e: I don't even want to create any sort of 'company' even that just seems like trying to recreate the last game

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

SKY COQ posted:

Coming back from our manhood trial with a degree in military strategy would be pretty badass.

I think those will need to be separate outings. We'll want to study at Baitel for several years, and manhood trials are at most months.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
I'd only want to go back to Zepath if Enkidel reloads as an NPC. Judah's father would be the big hook here and if we, as players, know he's dead then there's no real point in going.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
We don't know whether or not Judah's father is dead.

Besides, it seems weird for there to not be a point in going if he were—we'd be discovering what the hell the story was, learning who our actual blood relatives are, etc.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Mr. Nemo posted:

I see 30+ being us establishing ourselves in Tadmor, maybe capturing a Bnaimokt to interrogate on their tactics near Acco, maybe finding a Ball of Labaras to question on tactics used by them at Ibleam.

The Bnaimokt connection is what I see interesting Judah. They are a well organized and disciplined military, he wants their secrets

If he ever learns about them. Otherwise we innovate on military affairs ourselves

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

SerSpook posted:

Can't wait to play as Judah. I kind of want to kill some bandits for our manhood trial. Maybe take an oath that we will make the Donut a better place and that men should be free?

I will be spending my votes to establish a standardized slave army with pikemen at the front and archers at the rear.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I'd like to not completely game the system to involve ourselves with Zepath. That is all depending on our knowledge of who is our REAL dad. Like we would have no real impetus to even care about Zepath or those backwards yokels in Ibleam. I mean, what kind of farmer/hicks gets their city taken out by Demons in this day and age? Hmph. Chumps.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't intend to rig the system, but as someone mentioned before very blooded men have the magic handshake were they can tell who your ancestors were. (by the way someone told us that we were the spawn of enkidu back in the day, I don't understand how that guy didn't freak the gently caress out, or how we didn't make a bigger deal out of it). "Hello, I'm Judah of Tadmor, I'd like to study at the Academy" "Nice to meeee...of Tadmor you say?"

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

If you guys really want answers about Enkidel's abilities, then one of our goals has to be the seduction of a female melachim. Make another abomination.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Aades posted:

If you guys really want answers about Enkidel's abilities, then one of our goals has to be the seduction of a female melachim. Make another abomination.

I'm down.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Aades posted:

I'm also DTFMMA (down to gently caress a Melachim and make an abomination).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Mr. Nemo posted:

I'm also DTFMMA (down to gently caress a Melachim and make an abomination).

Lets have Judah break with tradition and go gay :getin: