Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hav posted:

Free fuzzknot.

nah don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dogstoyevsky posted:

I wish we could have "Bootcha" added to the word filter as :siren: MY BOYFRIEND :siren:

He's all of our boyfriend now :rip: :fuzzknot:

That's right Bootcha, we'll love you better than she ever could. :corrupt:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

aleksendr posted:

Rotten luck on a smuggling mission in universe will cost you time, a fine, ship insurance rebuy and influence loss with the mission giver.

Got an assassination mission for a guy. Jump into system, find him, and he's in an eagle. Interdict him, start firing and the feds turn up. My ship decides to explosively disassemble out of fear.

It wasn't really the ship, it was the half a million in bounties I'd forgotten to turn in. :banjo:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Actually anime is bad :commissar:

I saw this from Leper's colony. RUDE

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

aleksendr posted:

Considering you have near zero risks compared to other game activities you cant really ask for insane payouts.

Rotten luck in CQC will cost you time.

Rotten luck on a smuggling mission in universe will cost you time, a fine, ship insurance rebuy and influence loss with the mission giver.

I see it more as a "train for PVP mode" than a game activity.

They could bonify the thing with alternative rewards like the unlocks from power play. A unlocked weapon with the same stats but half a ton lighter would probably not imbalance the game and still be nice as a reward.

Maybe truly "bling" vanity mods like colored reactor trails (its just metal salts injected into the exaust plume), neon undelights for the scarab or space fireworks.

CQC PvP is absolutely nothing like PvP in Elite. The only 2 things they have in common is that you shoot another ship, literally everything else is massively different

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

grimcreaper posted:

I wonder if we should start the Free :fuzzknot: campaign. She shared some drat good recipes.

indeed, but she did sound overly agitated in her last few posts. Reflexion time can be good for the soul.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I dunno :fuzzknot: posted some good recipes and made me appreciate crochet a bit more

AND WHAT HAVE THE REST OF YOU DONE

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I bounce but still breathe

Good!

I can see it now, a pan in shot of Pgabz as he touches his dancing hands together "The videos must flow."

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Wafflz posted:

I think he is trying to say they are equally bad.

Thats my impression, really I'm just saying dont go over to E:D if you feel burned by SC.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

wyoak posted:

I dunno :fuzzknot: posted some good recipes and made me appreciate crochet a bit more

AND WHAT HAVE THE REST OF YOU DONE

:fuzzknot: NOW LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE poo poo :fuzzknot:

i only love others in self-defense :pgabz:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

G0RF posted:

Breaking up is hard to do...

There was a link to a google spreadsheet showing numbers/graph. It was on Sunday and therefore 4000 posts ago.

What I found odd is, on average, the daily star citizen number adds sits around 2000 or so. Then the split happened, and on the 13th the star citizen # jumped up to around 3000.

I'm open to reason on how that influx of cash came in when the citizen counter really didn't bump up much versus the funding levels and there were no sales.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

today i feel grief on behalf of the citizens

god bless

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."

fuctifino posted:

That 'spike' was also due to the BBC Click stuff.

It didn't last long. lol

The spike was the split of the packages wasn't it?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Sylink posted:

Thats my impression, really I'm just saying dont go over to E:D if you feel burned by SC.

the goon group has actually gotten a recent surplus of ex-stimpirial commandos, they seem to be enjoying the drama that we cause in the PGS thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
IMO you can be okay with fuzzknot being probated, but fuzzknot is part of this SA thread and :justpost:s and people should, IMO support that

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man, Chris should Hire Kanye West. I'd watch the gently caress outta that show.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Sylink posted:

I'm playing Elite right now and it's more fun than SC, but not more fun than reading this thread so, one point to SC I guess.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

KM Scorchio posted:

The spike was the split of the packages wasn't it?

Yeah. The split and the BBC stuff happened at the same time.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Eonwe posted:

IMO you can be okay with fuzzknot being probated, but fuzzknot is part of this SA thread and :justpost:s and people should, IMO support that

fuzzknot is a cool poster but really did need a break

we're here to laugh at drama from starcits going off the deep end and threatening cig with bodily harm, not do it ourselves

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

you've probably been wondering about my opinion on the :fuzzknot: situation, well i think talking about killing people is over the top but the celebration of her probation also goes too far

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

So they're doubling up on artificial sales spike generators now.

Its over. Funeral post from croberts within the next 6 months.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Man, Chris should Hire Kanye West. I'd watch the gently caress outta that show.

Wait, Kanye is Mo-capped in Episode 2?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Xaerael posted:

So they're doubling up on artificial sales spike generators now.

Its over. Funeral post from croberts within the next 6 months.

How can they possibly get out of this? You can't suck $108m from people and just disappear, even if it is perfectly normal in Game Development.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

the world wasn't ready for the BDSSE but one day chris will return to deliver us unto the heavenly 'verse

e: i didn't photoshop it but something like this would be a good candidate for a poster who tries harder than me

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

These never get old

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Free :fuzzknot:

But on the thread subject of things, I wonder if CR drives past Frontier Developments slowly, glaring at the office building, imagining Braben's face, inventing some "I made you!" story in his head, then going back to CIG UK and writing a scene in SQ42 based on that.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

BeefThief posted:

How can they possibly get out of this? You can't suck $108m from people and just disappear, even if it is perfectly normal in Game Development.

I firmly believe that Chris Roberts is convinced that he can do exactly that. The only thing he gives a poo poo about is getting his A-List actor mocap travesty out before the cash dries up. He thinks that calling the fundraising "donations" and being able to prove that he tried to make a game will be enough to put him in the clear once he makes that final announcement. It's going to be absolutely fantastic when it doesn't pan out that way.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

People should just take advantage of the modern invention called a scroll wheel and use it to quickly pass by posts they don't want to read. Use my posts for practice.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Wafflz posted:

People should just take advantage of the modern invention called a scroll wheel and use it to quickly pass by posts they don't want to read. Use my posts for practice.

Reached end of page, post still visible, please advice

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Banshee Origins: The Ten Stimpires

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Bootcha posted:

Free :fuzzknot:

But on the thread subject of things, I wonder if CR drives past Frontier Developments slowly, glaring at the office building, imagining Braben's face, inventing some "I made you!" story in his head, then going back to CIG UK and writing a scene in SQ42 based on that.

The next Paarpman speech includes the following line "WE are the elite! And WE are dangerous!"

Eonwe posted:

also this

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Bolow posted:

CQC PvP is absolutely nothing like PvP in Elite. The only 2 things they have in common is that you shoot another ship, literally everything else is massively different

i completely agree, hence the "training" part. I see CQC as a step up from the basic PVE combat training you get in the tutorial.

Its not the same as getting interdicted and 2 shotted by a Vulture in your brand new eagle the moment you arrive in 63 G. Capricorni but its still closer to the real deal than what the "Sidewinder face off" simulation scenario offer.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Wafflz posted:

Mine is broken :(

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Fuzzknot is the sandi gardener of this thread

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

These never get old

Oh poo poo I hadn't seen that yet. Looks like Dolvak officially endorses my Squadron 42 review!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Wait, Kanye is Mo-capped in Episode 2?

I was thinking bring him on as Co-CEO. It'd be like a buddy cop movie except instead of trying to stop a drug cartel they are trying to make the best and most artistic video game ever.

Also, free :fuzzknot:, probably. I like everyone and want them to enjoy this best of threads in whatever way they prefer.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

G0RF posted:

Breaking up is hard to do...

I posted this at the beginning of the spike and it is has been now been proven appropriate. (And sorry to the goon who asked about this, I don't know what it's from.)

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I think we all need a break from this thread.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Colostomy Bag posted:

There was a link to a google spreadsheet showing numbers/graph. It was on Sunday and therefore 4000 posts ago.

What I found odd is, on average, the daily star citizen number adds sits around 2000 or so. Then the split happened, and on the 13th the star citizen # jumped up to around 3000.

I'm open to reason on how that influx of cash came in when the citizen counter really didn't bump up much versus the funding levels and there were no sales.
This one?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bolow posted:

CQC Is really good and more people should play that game mode even though the rewards are poo poo

CQC is pretty great. CTF in spaceships is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Daztek posted:

Reached end of page, post still visible, please advice

Look for it in next month's patch. Or not, priorities around here change by the microsecond and who knows what the next page team will be working on by then.

• Locked thread