Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

CherryCola posted:

Sooooo that picture I posted is now on the front page of imgur and not posted by me. I sure hope my cousin doesn't visit imgur!!
Seeing that pop up on facebook a day later was weird enough for me I'm sure you're full on :stare:

though lol you're going to get so busted, please post that when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Cleretic posted:

I remember hearing that when Parker and Stone were doing the South Park movie, their policy was to replace any rejection with something worse, which almost always went through. They couldn't call the film 'South Park: All Hell Breaks Loose' because they couldn't use the word 'Hell', but 'Bigger, Longer and Uncut' was totally fine.

The puppet sex scene from Team America was also a decoy, as I recall. They knew the ratings board would be so up in arms about that they'd overlook the rest of the movie.

I want to say one of the more infamous "worse gets accepted" bits in the movie was the scene where Satan and Saddam are in bed and he keeps pulling out dildoes. Like, the original version was a photorealistic dildo on camera they objected to, then they replaced it with an actual erect penis photo and it got accepted.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

mostlygray posted:

In northern Minnesota, Anishinabe or Anishinabeg is the preferred (if you're Ojibwe).

Most people in the US seem to prefer a tribal or national affiliation these days.

Of course, I can imagine someone thinking that Anishinabe = Native in general, and calling a, say, Lakota person that would likely not go over big.

Which makes me think of all the white Canadians on the Internet who freak out when Eskimos say "Eskimo".

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Dr_Amazing posted:

I can't remember the exact example but there's been a few times something really gross was thrown in as a decoy only to be completely ignored and left in. There's a great scene in the making of the human centipad episode where someone is on the phone determining what they can get away with. "What if we don't show any feces but imply it's going directly into the boy's mouth?"

Something sort of similar happened in Rick and Morty: the puffy vagina line was put in as a place holder knowing full well that s&p would ask them to change it and they couldn't really think of anything clever for Rick to say. Turns out the line was completely fine and was allowed to be left in. :v:

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

LethalGeek posted:

Seeing that pop up on facebook a day later was weird enough for me I'm sure you're full on :stare:

though lol you're going to get so busted, please post that when it happens.

Oh god it's on Facebook now??? RIP

Which one of you did this???

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

CherryCola posted:

You made it Discoverable on Imgur, which means it appeared in the New feed. That's probably where it went wild from, and then got linked to Facebook.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011

CherryCola posted:

I know I contributed at least a little by showing the picture to some friends who then put it on FB. Uh. Sorry for the inevitable family drama.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

SavTargaryen posted:

I know I contributed at least a little by showing the picture to some friends who then put it on FB. Uh. Sorry for the inevitable family drama.

I'm not, it's fodder for the schadenfreude thread. Also, their family sounds loving horrible.

RIP CherryCola having to scrape together cash for literally anyone they're related tso's special events like shotgun weddings, I'm-on-the-new-season-of-16-and-pregnant-baby showers, got-my-GED-while-in-Juvie parties...

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That screenshot showed up on my Facebook as well, it has nearly 7000 shares in 15 hours.

RIP

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Picnic Princess posted:

That screenshot showed up on my Facebook as well, it has nearly 7000 shares in 15 hours.

RIP

Haha fuuuuuck. I just posted it using the Awful app

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013
a total dick I once worked for liked to tell everyone his lovely theories as facts. The worst one was “its not really their (Indigenous Australians) fault that they're lazy, they just dont have a word in their language for work”. He wasn't trying to be funny or anything, he honestly believed that and could not see why that was incredibly racist, in addition to not making a lick of sense.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CherryCola posted:

Haha fuuuuuck. I just posted it using the Awful app

I'm not sure the API that Awful uses can specify discoverable or not, hmm.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

just say someone else uploaded it :shrug:

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

just say someone else uploaded it :shrug:

Haha, he can't, it has his pic next to "reply" at the bottom, that can only be from his own account.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh drat, image didn't load all the way. rip

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I saw the picture to by the big video game friend I have. I saw it and was like "Jesus I've seen this before" and didn't make the connection until I got back to this thread.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's popped up on my tumblr dash twice now. Ten thousand notes on it.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
RIP CherryCola, thought of PYF and died.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It was neat to see the genesis of the picture, since it's one of those snappy retorts that i would have sworn was made up

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013
awaiting inevitable crosspost to stdh.txt thread

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

Having it be official is actually worse. The Australian Classification Board is a government organisation, and they can refuse to rate media, which means you just can't sell it in Australia. And they're just as dumb and arbitrary as the MPAA. It was worse for video games than movies because video games had no R18+ rating, but even after they added one (in 2013) there are still games that get refused classification.

It's not on the list but didn't they also ban Saints Row 3 for having a dildo bat, so they had to remove it? And I think they had to in Japan too. And what about the Rectifier Probe in 4? Did they ban that too? And if Silent Hill Homecoming was banned due to torture, what happened with GTA V? I am curious.

Banning games for dumb things is the stupidest poo poo I've heard regarding video games. So glad I don't live in Australia :911:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Australian version of Saints Row IV doesn't have Shaundi's loyalty mission because it involves taking drugs for in-game benefit.

The Aussies are REAL sticklers for that kind of thing.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Alaois posted:

The Australian version of Saints Row IV doesn't have Shaundi's loyalty mission because it involves taking drugs for in-game benefit.

The Aussies are REAL sticklers for that kind of thing.

Do they not sell Saints Row 2 at all then? Because like a quarter or more of the missions involve drugs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Thin Privilege posted:

Do they not sell Saints Row 2 at all then? Because like a quarter or more of the missions involve drugs.

the drugs in Saints Row 2 don't give you buffs or special abilities or super powers, I think that's what the Australian ratings board has a big bug up their butt about.

it's why the 2005 Narc remake is banned there, but y'all are probably better off for that because that game suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Alaois posted:

the drugs in Saints Row 2 don't give you buffs or special abilities or super powers, I think that's what the Australian ratings board has a big bug up their butt about.
Weed does increase damage resistance in SR2 (and 1?), but also distorts your vision, and smoking too much gives you a coughing fit that drains your stamina. Lighting up in front of a cop also raises your notoriety.

So maybe Australia doesn't care as long as there are appropriate consequences? :downs:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Are they big about banning all drugs or only specific things? I think it'd be hilarious if they banned stuff like Captain America or Fallout and Bioshock for having magical drug serums that give you incredible sense and powers. :v:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Picnic Princess posted:

RIP

Finally showed up on my FB feed. Standing at 13,677 shares and 6,570 likes with 669 comments.
This is kinda fun.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Das Boo, I love your av. :3:

Thin Privilege posted:

It's not on the list but didn't they also ban Saints Row 3 for having a dildo bat, so they had to remove it?

IIRC, they just removed the floppyness of the dildo bat and it passed. I'm now also not sure if it that was in Germany or Japan.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

RareAcumen posted:

Are they big about banning all drugs or only specific things? I think it'd be hilarious if they banned stuff like Captain America or Fallout and Bioshock for having magical drug serums that give you incredible sense and powers. :v:

Specific things. Fallout 3 was originally going to call Med-X "morphine" but again, taking drugs for benefits is a huge no-no. So they decided to change the name for all versions so it's consistant. I think it works better as "Med-X" anyway.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

After seeing the news about $1 billion worth of drugs being seized in Australia recently I can understand why they are pussies about drugs in games.

Also some Australian drug traffickers were executed in Indonesia last year. They didn't even kill anyone, just tried to smuggle drugs.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I had a friend who was really scared his house was haunted because he thought it was built on an Indian burial ground.

He lives in the west of Scotland.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TomViolence posted:

I had a friend who was really scared his house was haunted because he thought it was built on an Indian burial ground.

He lives in the west of Scotland.

clearly you've never seen Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
It happened, RIP me.

Let this be a lesson of the power of the Internet.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Speaking of CherryCola getting plagiarized, I remember there was a goonette who lost like 100 pounds and went from hambeast to smoking hot, who posted her pictures (the victory one was in her underear) in the Ultimate Victory thread. About two weeks went by before her picture started appearing in those stupid "THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK DOCTORS HATE HER" side-ads.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
A few years ago, when i was like 17, we had history class. The teacher asked a question:
:eng101: Does anyone know why there are no trees on the Easter Islands?
:everyone: *silent*
:eng101: Well, it's because the people living there used them all up to build things and didn't know how to cultivate them
:downs: But...if they had no trees, how could they still breathe?
:eng101: + :everyone: - :downs: : :psyduck:

Oh, and while reading the thread, there was a sandwich story where someone ordered something at subway with "scooped out bread".
That's the second stupidest poo poo I ever heard. And i looked it up and of course people are buying giant sandwiches and then scoop the inside out because they live so loving healthy and need that space for all the loving healthy stuff that goes inside. Just make a bowl of salad and cube up all the ham and cheese you put in it and eat a piece of a real bread with it. Oh, you can't take a bowl with you because you have to be able to eat it with your hands? Just slice the loving thing normally in half and pack it. When you want to eat it, throw the top half of the disgusting carbs away. Or take it home and make another sandwich from it. Oh, wait, each side of the bread is drowned in ranch dressing, yeah, ok, sure, go on.

The thing with cutting of the sides off of a sandwich made with 2 white pieces of toast displayed in many American series made me always confused as a German. It's a little bit browner than the rest of the bread, eat it, child! I'm not throwing away 25% of a perfectly good food-item.
Adults doing a similar thing because they don't know how to make a sandwich with just less bread makes me angry. Get a good Roggenschrotbrot, slice it thin and pack your poo poo in it.

sorry i had a bad day :(

RabbitWizard has a new favorite as of 21:20 on Feb 17, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Americans cut off the crust because it's usually Wonderbread and they make absolutely poo poo products. The "crust" on those taste like old plastic and the white part is the only section that is edible.

You can get real bread at bakeries but the crap bread that have infinite shelf life outsells them.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Mu Zeta posted:

Americans cut off the crust because it's usually Wonderbread and they make absolutely poo poo products.

I've never seen anyone over the age of 9 cut the crusts off a sandwich. I think that's not really as widespread a thing as media apparently suggests.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I didn't appreciate the bread we've got here in the Netherlands until I lived in the UK. I imagine American bread to be similarly bad.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CherryCola posted:

It showed up on my feed because a friend shared it from moronic aggregate site like funnie.laffo.55567.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Huntersoninski posted:

I've never seen anyone over the age of 9 cut the crusts off a sandwich. I think that's not really as widespread a thing as media apparently suggests.

I've never seen anybody under the age of 9 cut the crusts off. Do crust-intolerant kids actually exist outside tv/movies?

On the other hand-

Mu Zeta posted:

Americans cut off the crust because it's usually Wonderbread and they make absolutely poo poo products. The "crust" on those taste like old plastic and the white part is the only section that it is inedible.

FTFY

But the white part in the center has no flavor, so I guess kids can't object to it because they're too stupid to be disgusted by the texture.

• Locked thread