Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

VealCutlet posted:

Jesus... there's a horse called star citizen still running owned by Godolphin.... Listed for sale in Jan 2016 for 4000 Euro

http://horsesforsale.godolphin.com/sites/default/files/lot-pdfs/doncaster-january-sale-2016--89.pdf

Wonder who bought it now.

Goon project, buy Star Citizen and test our culinary skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

test our culinary skills.

bootcha, fire up that stove

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6375305/#Comment_6375305

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

MeLKoR posted:

We could get the 5k back in Horse Sashimi and glue... easy!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hey no one forces you to buy ships, I'm perfectly happy that it takes you years grinding daily to get a ship. Maybe I could help you out you know? Give you a few bucks to man my turret, if you get my drift... :heysexy: Say, you wouldn't mind going through the character creator and changing into something a bit more sexy? Oh, and while you are at it... make it two X chromosomes please.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hahahaha YES eat a dick lesnick

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

Stanko-Prussian posted:

*kisses fingers* molto bene

:tipshat:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: Star Citizen: It's going to be a very interesting post mortem :siren:

mods?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

fuctifino posted:

Rising Star Pictures, a company that a certain Christopher Roberts is also connected to.

That seems like an innocent company, looking to discover talented actors and actresses....

http://www.risingstarpictures.com/index.html

I clicked on the application form to become a star.

Star Citizen: Are you OK with cum on your

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
WOW, and it all is in the buggy thread of all places.

CIG is so hosed, backers are turning on them sooo fast over things that I thought were trivial (buggy sales ffs)

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

bootcha, fire up that stove

I sold that poo poo for glue.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

EightAce posted:

There is no sustainable business model.
There will be jail time and there will. most probably be deaths connected to this

This thread has triggered a pavlovian response to statements like this. I may have to step away from this darkness...

edit: nevermind

osker fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 18, 2016

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

Can i design a spice mix/rub for the event ? I'm very good at spices !

This is like, half my spice reserve and i know the taste, smell and use of every little pot, box or bag content.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

oh my god, it's full of PAAAAARPS

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

aleksendr posted:

This is like, half my spice reserve and i know the taste, smell and use of every little pot, box or bag content.

Develop a coffee/espresso rub that doesn't use much if any salt.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

neonbregna posted:

Develop a coffee/espresso rub that doesn't use much if any salt.

For what meat ? Horse or something else ?

Here is what i suggest for beef and other red meats :

For one big rib eye steak :

The BASIC (goes in every rub, its the foundation on winch you build a specific taste)

2 Tbsp finely ground espresso beans (never use instant espresso powder)
2 Tsp smoked paprika (The smoked part is important)
2 Tbsp dark brown sugar (tightly packed)
1 Tbsp black peppercorn (finely ground)
1 Tbsp green peppercorn (finely ground)

The AROMATICS (Choose only 3 among the list, according to your taste, sauce, side and wine pairing. In doubt, thrust your nose, smell your cooking food and then your spice selection. If your brain like both smells in succession, it should be a good pairing)

1.5 Tsp mustard seeds (coarse ground)
3/4 tsp Chili
3/4 tsp Ginger powder
1 Tbsp Garlic powder
1 Tbsp Onion powder
0.5 Tbsp Cayenne pepper (fine ground)

Never go crazy and try to put all the aromatics in. It wont taste bad, but it will be indistinct. You have to pick and mix to fit your cuisine style and meal.

If your side and/or sauce come from Europe cooking and is paired with strong red wine, go with garlic, onion and mustard. If you serve something more fresh and Californian like a salad or avocado go for Chili, garlic and cayenne with a lighter wine. Asian fusion ? Chili, Ginger and garlic with white wine and lighter sauce.

As you see there is no salt in the rub, simply salt your meat like you would normally but 2-3 minutes before cooking.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 18, 2016

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

aleksendr posted:

For what meat ? Horse or something else ?

Pork/human

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Galarox posted:

I love the way that paying :10bux: is a black mark against goons. Obviously we should be paying $LOTS or $MANY or even $SILLY MONEY so as to live up to the SC ideal. Then maybe the redditors would take us seriously....

Nah, they wish they could come here en masse and poo poo up the thread like they do everywhere else but they can't so those are just salty sour grapes.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

aleksendr posted:

I approve of this! Especially the chilli shelf.

What exactly is "wild pepper"? (or poivre sauvage - it sounds even better in French)

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Make a steakhouse brine with good quality montreal steak seasoning and the preferred salt/sugar ratio, brine overnight, make espresso rub with coffee, sugar, salt, and pepper. smoke brisket. Die in flavor country.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Looks like Brasidas ate a week-long probation for their trouble.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6375316/#Comment_6375316

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 18, 2016

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

What's that guy's deal is he one of those people who constantly ride the developer's dicks regardless of the circumstances?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Omi-Polari posted:

I love that in trying to track down the connection between Star Citizen the horse and Star Citizen the game, we came up with no connection except that fuctifino discovered that Croberts was the director of a horseracing company.

:horse:

Procedurally generated :horse::horse::horse::horse:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

What's that guy's deal is he one of those people who constantly ride the developer's dicks regardless of the circumstances?

basically yes and will not debate anybody who comes with petty things like "facts" and "reason"

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Ostentatious posted:

He's one of the dudes on the brown sea forums who jumps between riding CIG's knob and making GBS threads all over anything they can find on the basis of being relatively immune from moderation due to said riding.

If you spend your time tearing down people who ask why it is that CIG is :smuggo: about dispensing information across 8374 pointless 45 minute videos that fails to really address the point you get to laugh as they're banned and you get the occasional PMs asking if you can keep the racism to a minimum.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

That, as well as possessing a subnormal mind and an inability to take responsibility.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

fuctifino posted:

Rising Star Pictures, a company that a certain Christopher Roberts is also connected to.

That seems like an innocent company, looking to discover talented actors and actresses....

http://www.risingstarpictures.com/index.html

I clicked on the application form to become a star.

I thought you made those questions up.

Nope, they're real

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/318800/drake-interplanetary-buccaneer-reference-images#latest

CIG has decided to push forward with the Buccaneer, releasing another piece of concept art to give pirate players the dogfighter that the Cutlass was supposed to be. The thread itself is hilarious as backers vomit forth every possible piece of concept art they can imagine.

This is hilarious because half of this poo poo is still meaningless. We still have no IDEA of the concept of maintenance or reliability and how that relates to gameplay.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Are you okay with cum and/or mocap balls on your face

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

hahahaha YES eat a dick lesnick

Why not? He eats everything else.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Samizdata posted:

Why not? He eats everything else.

i am so very glad someone bashed down that set up

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The consequence of CIG's monthly update schedule is that people will be disappointed on a regular basis.

Well, don't look now, because they've missed yet another deadline. I guess building that cash shop into the mPU is hard work.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15138-Letter-From-The-Chairman

quote:

Going forward we will be changing our patch release strategy to be less feature driven and more date driven. Our goal is to release a new update every month (so January’s would be SC Alpha 2.2). We have many features in development separate to the release stream, and the idea is that we assess which features are ready for prime time a few weeks out from the release and then greenlight them for inclusion in that month’s release. We would then have a good PTU test, make sure the features really are ready for primetime, fixing up the issues we see and in the case of a feature needing more work, we would pull it out of the release. Physicalized EVA is an example of this. After testing in PTU we felt we needed to do some more work in order to polish it for better usability in certain circumstances.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Madcosby posted:

Are you okay with cum and/or mocap balls on your face

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

This discussion has been closed

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Well, don't look now, because they've missed yet another deadline. I guess building that cash shop into the mPU is hard work.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15138-Letter-From-The-Chairman

my favourite standalone line:

Chris Roberts posted:

2.0 shows the naysayers it can be done!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

Any cool features coming out for 2.2, EightAce? :v:

LOL!! get out.

ps: It's almost a month overdue now btw.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

D smart, how credible is eight ace?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

my favourite standalone line:

Lol take that naysayers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Glad to hear, I love watching your videos commando!

• Locked thread