Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/ybrYgJs.gifv

paarp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319168/to-those-of-you-complaining-about-ships-ptu-releases-progress

The first reply

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Does this man really look like he has a hygienic telephone?

Also lol at the 'don't panic', and Around the 'Verse's tagline being the chatshow at the end of the universe. 42 is definitely just Sandi's lucky number though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

I'm keeping it high brow tonight with an idea on how to make the immersion better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wwIv18RN80

Needs more Grieg, but pretty good anyway.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

peter gabriel posted:

I'm keeping it high brow tonight with an idea on how to make the immersion better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wwIv18RN80

:lol: everything about this was perfect. 150 is like the highest number, you know?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

AI powered by Google's DeepMind, planets with all the detail of earth generated in CryEngiene fidelity, "dynamically generated" missions that will never get boring, some sort of VR second life. These are all things real people believe Croberts is somehow capable of.

:gary:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Does anyone even read the Lore?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6382717/#Comment_6382717

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6384461/#Comment_6384461

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

If B'tak actually read the lore he'd know that most of the time a star system is either full of pirates, but full of moneymaking opportunities or completely safe, but no money's to be made because of all the competition.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6386578/#Comment_6386578

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I don't care. I know two people who know the origins of that 42 number and which predates Star Citizen fiasco. It has absolutely nothing to do with Douglas Adams.

Derek, have you considered that some sources might just be winding you up?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ash1138 posted:

That's the exact image link I posted, get it together DSizzle!

Can I see your copyright filing? Thanks.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the origin of the number 42 is 7 times 6 on the multiplication table. stats goons REPRESENT

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Even that is bollocks. Foundry42, Gemini42 and many other 42 references, pre-date Squadron 42 in specifically that premise.

And if you read carefully what he stated "Life, the Universe and Everything", that's precisely Sandi's "spiritual mindset" as to the number being "her" lucky number. Chris, on the other hand, is just an idiot. And a very bad liar.

Whether she appropriated it and made it her own, is irrelevant. After all, we're talking about the woman who has been the best marketing person since childhood; and who has been "playing" video games for many years.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

Fucksakes Derek stop being a twat

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Haha holy poo poo dude.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Does this man really look like he has a hygienic telephone?

Also lol at the 'don't panic', and Around the 'Verse's tagline being the chatshow at the end of the universe. 42 is definitely just Sandi's lucky number though.

Oh yeah, because they somehow loving invented it. Grow up.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
you guys ever feel like you are reading the same posts over and over again?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Derek, have you considered that some sources might just be winding you up?

No. I tend not to associate with fucktards. Plus one? Yeah. But two? Not a chance.

The part that gets me is that everyone sits on forums, social media etc, playing grab rear end and guessing games, when they have a DIRECT loving line to these rear end-clowns and they can just ask them a loving QUESTION straight up. But no, that's probably too easy I guess.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

TTerrible posted:

you guys ever feel like you are reading the same posts over and over again?

You're reading quotes.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Quick financial update thanks for the graph thread :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97-fN1sFLvI

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Some Douglas Adams quotes.

quote:

It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6386409/#Comment_6386409

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

No. I tend not to associate with fucktards. Plus one? Yeah. But two? Not a chance.

The part that gets me is that everyone sits on forums, social media etc, playing grab rear end and guessing games, when they have a DIRECT loving line to these rear end-clowns and they can just ask them a loving QUESTION straight up. But no, that's probably too easy I guess.

Their preview site had a Douglas Adams quote, with an answer you had to guess that was 42. It was a pretty obvious question/answer it wasn't difficult and it was ripped off a popular Space Universe like they've been doing ever since for everything else.

Now maybe Sandi has a liking for Douglas Adams but asking people to believe the question/answer was picked because 42 is her favourite number is a pretty high bar to set.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
I'd rather pay to join the SA forums than give money to SC, so that's what I just did (this is my very first post). I've been lurking for a while, and have a suggestion for the thread title:

Star Citizen - the best thread in the World, and has been ever since it was a little girl

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Chalks posted:

Yeah, exploration simply isn't a thing in SC. We've already seen full maps of all the stars, who owns what etc. There's no exploration to be done in the tiny corner that humanity is apparently confined to in this "'universe"
Not according to the RSI website:

quote:

LEAVE YOUR MARK
You’ve charted a distant jump point, you’ve set foot on a strange new planet and now it’s yours to do with as you please! Report your finding back to the Empire and get your name in the history books… or keep it hidden, fight off claim jumpers and reap the new world’s rewards yourself.
There will be enough unknown planets in the 100 systems at launch for a million players to each discover their own strange new planet.

Silly goon :rolleyes:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D_Smart posted:

will this do? lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I've never wanted to mercilessly tea bag someone for hours as much as I do this guy

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ponzi posted:

I'd rather pay to join the SA forums than give money to SC, so that's what I just did (this is my very first post). I've been lurking for a while, and have a suggestion for the thread title:

Star Citizen - the best thread in the World, and has been ever since it was a little girl

Good choice of username and also Internet forum.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Their preview site had a Douglas Adams quote, with an answer you had to guess that was 42. It was a pretty obvious question/answer it wasn't difficult and it was ripped off a popular Space Universe like they've been doing ever since for everything else.

Now maybe Sandi has a liking for Douglas Adams but asking people to believe the question/answer was picked because 42 is her favourite number is a pretty high bar to set.

Yes - that's a perfectly reasonable analysis. But what can I say? We can only assume that she appropriated it, then used it as if she, in her bubble, would be the only one to know the meaning of the number 42. You know, like how she never - in her wildest dreams - realize that all the lies she's been telling since day one would come out, she'd get caught and she'd be derided.

Imagine her telling that to a bunch of Hollywood nutjobs at a dinner party and not a single one among them knows that she's full of poo poo and seemingly misappropriated a trope popular only to sci-fi fans. Case in point: she's married to Chris Roberts who obviously has a penchant for sci-fi and he "gets it".

It's Sandi. This is perfectly normal behavior.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

No loving way is it a coincidence. It's just the kind of low-brow reference that Crob seems to cherish.

I have no doubt that Sandi could tell people after the fact that it was her favorite number though

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

I've never wanted to mercilessly tea bag someone for hours as much as I do this guy

seriously.

i want to buy SC just to grief this guy

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ash1138 posted:

will this do? lol

No. That copyright claim would be tossed out on sight. You appropriated data from the public domain. Then made a derivative work out of it; and which is covered by Fair Use.

You can't claim copyright.

Which was my point that online, we all share these stupid memes, images, some rear end-clown's recipe etc. Nobody gives a poo poo who made, owns it, or maims it. Clearly you do. Hence my point.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ponzi posted:

Welcome

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

No loving way is it a coincidence. It's just the kind of low-brow reference that Crob seems to cherish.

I have no doubt that Sandi could tell people after the fact that it was her favorite number though

it doesn't really matter

I do a lot of cheesy, low-rent semi-humourous poo poo (see my CYOAs for evidence of this) and even when i'm working on stuff like that I check almost everything I put in to make sure it's not referencing something by accident. It's not really important whether i consciously rip something off or unconciously do it - one shows me to be dishonest and the other shows me to be stupid, but both show that i'm an unoriginal hack that deserves to be given a hard time.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

No. That copyright claim would be tossed out on sight. You appropriated data from the public domain. Then made a derivative work out of it; and which is covered by Fair Use.

You can't claim copyright.

Which was my point that online, we all share these stupid memes, images, some rear end-clown's recipe etc. Nobody gives a poo poo who made, owns it, or maims it. Clearly you do. Hence my point.

:yikes:

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

TTerrible posted:

Good choice of username and also Internet forum.

It was inspired by Star Citizen

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm p sure he was joking internet warlord

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ponzi posted:

It was inspired by Star Citizen

Hello new freind

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Ponzi posted:

hi Ponzi, welcome to SA. You can trust me, Eonwe and, to a lesser extent, PGabz with your forums experience. Address any questions you have to us and we will point you in the right direction.

Ignore everything else any of these other knuckleheads say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Yes - that's a perfectly reasonable analysis. But what can I say? We can only assume that she appropriated it, then used it as if she, in her bubble, would be the only one to know the meaning of the number 42. You know, like how she never - in her wildest dreams - realize that all the lies she's been telling since day one would come out, she'd get caught and she'd be derided.

Imagine her telling that to a bunch of Hollywood nutjobs at a dinner party and not a single one among them knows that she's full of poo poo and seemingly misappropriated a trope popular only to sci-fi fans. Case in point: she's married to Chris Roberts who obviously has a penchant for sci-fi and he "gets it".

It's Sandi. This is perfectly normal behavior.

Who gives a poo poo

• Locked thread