Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

It's a genuine beer brand:

(apparently it tastes quite nice)

So between them and Arrogant Bastard who ripped off who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I think you'll find that Stone Brewing Co. signature beer hit the market about 9 years before this Scottish pig swill :smug:

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
some lil' 20 year old in a slightly upscale liquor store reading that label and pumping his fist at every period and then his dad goes BRANDON and then brandon puts the bottle back in the overpriced 4-pack and slinks behind his dad (he knows he's not supposed to touch anything in the liquor store until he is 21 it is against the law for underage people to do that)

Funosaurus
May 28, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Does the pope poo poo in the woods?

:eyepoop:

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Was Rachael Dozeal not widely mocked in Adam Ford's alternate universe?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

cram me sideways posted:

some lil' 20 year old in a slightly upscale liquor store reading that label and pumping his fist at every period and then his dad goes BRANDON and then brandon puts the bottle back in the overpriced 4-pack and slinks behind his dad (he knows he's not supposed to touch anything in the liquor store until he is 21 it is against the law for underage people to do that)

I haven't been 20 in a while but do 20 year olds now care about anything other than "how cheap is the 30 pack?" when it comes to beer?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
"How do I depict Obama not being at his funeral? I know! Standing by the grave!
Which I have put on a golf course...

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Can't wait for the Jeb! campaign obituary cartoons.

Though I dunno if any of these cartoonists can top Ken Jennings in terms of :master:s

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/701221724080111617

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I haven't been 20 in a while but do 20 year olds now care about anything other than "how cheap is the 30 pack?" when it comes to beer?

Well, when I was in college they cared enough about how much of a pain it was to drive 10 miles out of town to get alcohol that they voted to repeal the local dry-county laws.

Of course the real reason we were a dry county wasn't because of anything religious but because the city council was getting massive kicbacks from the out of town liquor stores. Which is why the city council then dragged their feet so it took nearly a year after the vote for even the local Wal*Marts to get alcohol licenses.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

colonel_korn posted:

Though I dunno if any of these cartoonists can top Ken Jennings in terms of :master:s

Hahahaha :holymoley:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

colonel_korn posted:

:thurman:

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

colonel_korn posted:

This is why I follow this man. :omarcomin:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Was Rachael Dozeal not widely mocked in Adam Ford's alternate universe?

That's the first thing that popped out to me too. I'm pretty sure the most acceptance she got was someone going "I mean, maybe she might have a point?" and even that person got mocked as well.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

In a single night, Obama single-handedly dug a grave then hoisted a heavy coffin containing Scalia's fatass. An Obama Is Strong And Tireless Cartoon

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Portals posted:

Go gently caress yourself, Adam4D.

This, but also where the gently caress are those people?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Out in the cornfield, keeping crows away.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I'm not sure why the European Travel Commission is particularly invested in an iPhone back door.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

colonel_korn posted:

It's almost enough to make me hope for a Ted Cruz presidency

I wish more far-leftists would blindly assert the constitution favors their views if only to annoy the far right.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

I fully admit stealing the joke from zeroprime's edit of Tinsley's poo poo years ago.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Somfin posted:

Hold on, does Adam4D believe that he isn't "really" a Christian? Because that's the pattern he's setting out with the bullshit he put in the first three panels.

Like, he's clearly trying to set up "Not really a woman, not really african american, not really a cat" in the first three panels. Because he's a shithead. The pattern is "these people are not what they identify as." Then he follows that with "guy who identifies as Christian" and expects that to be understood as a reversal of the pattern?

Is Adam4D trying to say that, because he doesn't believe or respect trans people, anyone who self-identifies as Christian is lying about their identity?

It's nothing more complicated than "White christian males are the real oppressed minority."

colonel_korn posted:

My favorite tweet from the last election cycle was also from him. He's really witty.

Ken Jennings posted:

drat, if Perry drops out there is only one deeply closeted bigot named Rick left int he GOP field. So much for a deep bench.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Post 9-11 User posted:

In a single night, Obama single-handedly dug a grave then hoisted a heavy coffin containing Scalia's fatass. An Obama Is The Tall Man Cartoon

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

As fanboy/girlish as Animal Nuz is, I appreciate its constant "Hillary and Bernie are both awesome! :)" message which is a lot more positive and not as annoying as the constant bickering between their supporters.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Animal Nuz is adorably upbeat pretty much always, it's great.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Hackers and repressive regimes can't use the backdoors created specifically for US agencies. AG, but concerning C.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

World Famous W posted:

I fully admit stealing the joke from zeroprime's edit of Tinsley's poo poo years ago.

Love it.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Does the pope poo poo in the woods?

Why do you keep asking me that, holmes? Where His Holiness does his business, is his business.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

from 10/2015

Avenida
Jul 14, 2015

Every time Ford feels like making GBS threads on trans people, he draws a person with a full beard saying they identify as a woman.

I'm sure he thinks this is somehow clever but it just makes him look like a goddamn idiot.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

It needs to flop down and smack him in the face.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Avenida posted:

Every time Ford feels like making GBS threads on trans people, he draws a person with a full beard saying they identify as a woman.

I'm sure he thinks this is somehow clever but it just makes him look like a goddamn idiot.

Its the same as basically anyone in a political cartoon or really most hacks drawing one. It's of course about meanness, but another part is someone like adam4d3d3d3 only really has clothes and hair to differentiate one of his cookie cutter cartoon characters from another. If he drew the trans person with feminine hair, no beard, and in feminine clothes, it would look no different from any of the women he draws. If he did that, it would seem like he's being sympathetic to them no matter how mean the context was. So hack cartoonists HAVE to give trans women, 1) heavy 5 o'clock shadows/beards 2) incredibly out of proportion bulky linebacker physiques. When the hack cartoon is directly questioning the identification aspect, and not just a "ha ha lets laugh at them" aspect, they may make them just a 100% male character, in male clothes, male hair/bald as well. I mean just picture Lester putting a trans woman in a cartoon, but not giving her #1&2, you wouldn't have any clue they were supposed to be trans (and thus the joke to be laughed at).

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Alkydere posted:

Well, when I was in college they cared enough about how much of a pain it was to drive 10 miles out of town to get alcohol that they voted to repeal the local dry-county laws.

Of course the real reason we were a dry county wasn't because of anything religious but because the city council was getting massive kicbacks from the out of town liquor stores. Which is why the city council then dragged their feet so it took nearly a year after the vote for even the local Wal*Marts to get alcohol licenses.

I remember that vote. It took place in the middle of July, when almost all of the college population was out of town. I wonder how that happened to happen.

And it was only 3 miles, come on. One of them is still fuckin' out there.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

:flaccid:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm pretty sure the people who identify as cats or whatever are either joke accounts or deliberate attacks on trans people disguised as a "real" account.

Okay, there's probably a very small group of people who sincerely identify as African-American trees, but there are also people who believe in homeopathy so it's kind of a statistical inevitability.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Rorus Raz posted:

I'm pretty sure the people who identify as cats or whatever are either joke accounts or deliberate attacks on trans people disguised as a "real" account.

Would Adam be on tumblr enough to be aware of otherkin?

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
body dysphoria is a serious problem that affects more than just trans people and it can manifest in some very odd ways
unfortunately, being a cat or an african american tree is not an experience that a human being can have, so care options for these edge cases are usually limited to symptom management with therapy. there is an extremely specific demographic being used as a dogwhistle by these kinds of cartoons: lonely children on the internet who adopt "glamorous" conditions to feel accepted and appreciated. most contemporary efforts to discredit lbgtq issues now that full on bible thumping has mostly gone out of style are intentional attempts to conflate them with fakers and attention seekers.

it's a real headache and it gets old.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Okay, there's probably a very small group of people who sincerely identify as African-American trees, but there are also people who believe in homeopathy so it's kind of a statistical inevitability.

What I mean is who organized this event for people come out on stage to encouraging shouts from the audience.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

nobodyssweetheart posted:

The anti-SJ contingent (i cannot type this with a straight face) of the net relishes the opportunity to mock tumblr with an otherkin cudgel. They pretend that dragonkinz, elfkinz, and the like are equivalent to the various trans/feminist/gender-explorative communities. To keep it simple, imagine neckbeards who repeat the South Park "I identify as a dolphin" joke 10 years after the fact to denigrate trans people.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Dr. Killjoy posted:

The anti-SJ contingent (i cannot type this with a straight face) of the net relishes the opportunity to mock tumblr with an otherkin cudgel. They pretend that dragonkinz, elfkinz, and the like are equivalent to the various trans/feminist/gender-explorative communities. To keep it simple, imagine neckbeards who repeat the South Park "I identify as a dolphin" joke 10 years after the fact to denigrate trans people.

Yet so many of the "lifestyle furries" are tea-party libertarians...

Venn diagrams inside venn diagrams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

nobodyssweetheart posted:

I imagine he's well-read on groups that describe themselves as persecuted, especially ones that are easy to mock.

• Locked thread