Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Gwaihir posted:

That poor couch has seen some poo poo

So like really don't backers find this poo poo offensive?
I mean seriously apart from the serious elephants in the room...

That poo poo is expensive, i'm actually saving for said furniture myself. And to see is mishandled like this...

Backers money? Like gently caress, someone go make a thread about this on RSI or something.
I'm seriously interested what the general feeling is towards this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

You obviously don't know much about games development.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

AAAHAHAHAA omg this is my favorite SC bug!!

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Is this an opinion or...?

No.

It is STIMPERIAL LAW!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

That poo poo is expensive, i'm actually saving for said furniture myself. And to see is mishandled like this...

Backers money? Like gently caress, someone go make a thread about this on RSI or something.

When I donated pledged, my money went towards game development!

Must've been some other backer(s) who didn't care where his money went. I know that CIG is using MY money properly!

Or at least... that's what I think.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

There's no way someone who works for a living could write that last paragraph.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Berious posted:

no bitcoin? i don't think you understand controller development

You are stimperically correct.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Caught up to the thread (by skipping 1260 to 1760).

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ash1138 posted:

There's no way someone who works for a living could write that last paragraph.

Yep. But there will be sabbaticals alright...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

Even that is bollocks. Foundry42, Gemini42 and many other 42 references, pre-date Squadron 42 in specifically that premise.

And if you read carefully what he stated "Life, the Universe and Everything", that's precisely Sandi's "spiritual mindset" as to the number being "her" lucky number. Chris, on the other hand, is just an idiot. And a very bad liar.

Whether she appropriated it and made it her own, is irrelevant. After all, we're talking about the woman who has been the best marketing person since childhood; and who has been "playing" video games for many years.

D_Smart posted:

Oh yeah, because they somehow loving invented it. Grow up.

What difference is there between "it was inspired on THHGTTG" and "Sandi loes 42 because she loved the premise of THHGTTG"? This is the oddest hill to die on, Derek.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Why do they all think "Everyone thought PC Gaming was Dead"?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"A few clarifications. We don't have ads or make money. In fact we are well into the red. We are an LLC because we are a publishing company and have to protect ourselves. It's in the name, Limited Liability Corporation. You make way more money then we do. Nobody has personally ever seen a cent over here. The patreon money doesn't even come close to covering server costs." The D dropping truths.

Also, bitcoin is out of reach unless you have a scaled ~cloud~.

paarp

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

Edit - It is. LMAO. I still find it comical that it's against Twitch's rules and they do it anyway.

I reported the video for non-gaming content because I'm bored and vindictive... http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/v/48304471

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

hanales posted:

Because the kool-aid tastes good!

"PC Gaming was dead, except that it wasn't but we won't check or even glance at any evidence to the contrary because it breaks my head-cannon and forces me to think critically"

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

The most painful kind of correct!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Kilmers Elbow posted:

My fives, all of them :five:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This guy is a pussy version of Clu.

peter gabriel posted:

I've never wanted to mercilessly tea bag someone for hours as much as I do this guy
:agreed:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 21, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Gwaihir posted:

That poor couch has seen some poo poo

https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod550008&categoryId=cat1537037

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

hanales posted:

Because they were told to think that by Chris, and gazing away from their 17" CRT monitor to their dusty games shelf with cereal box sized copies of Wing Commander confirmed it to them. There have been no PC games since the 90s to these people.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

darkarchon posted:

So there are planets in SC already…

look at that couch :eyepop:
Is it Jared encouraging Ben to be a human pillow?
Or maybe he needs a lot of skin for a fancy dress.

Then one in the stream looks brand new, then.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

The Triumph of the Will

Just a few more essays explaining why CIG is always right and the game will come out. I can feel it.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

hanales posted:

Modern PC gaming is pretty great actually but it probably wouldn't seem like it if your taste in PC gaming was a binary "is this game the one game i was ever able to connect with on a visceral level even though in hindsight it wasn't really a great game"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

For the low price of $7000 you can remove the hassle and time of the 'owning a good couch' period from owning a good couch and skip directly to the 'it's time to get a new couch to replace this heap of poo poo' part of owning a good couch

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

For the low price of $7000 you can remove the hassle and time of the 'owning a good couch' period from owning a good couch and skip directly to the 'it's time to get a new couch to replace this heap of poo poo' part of owning a good couch

and for 2000 UEC you can have the lamp

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Prop Wash posted:

Modern PC gaming is pretty great actually but it probably wouldn't seem like it if your taste in PC gaming was a binary "is this game the one game i was ever able to connect with on a visceral level even though in hindsight it wasn't really a great game"

We're dealing with the kind of people who think Steam is a bit over the top as a launcher bundled with Half Life 2

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

and for 2000 UEC you can have the lamp

For 3452 made up currencies they can kiss my rear end

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I think something went wrong with my image, trying again.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

I think something went wrong with my image, trying again.

I am throwing my money at the screen

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

Yes - that's a perfectly reasonable analysis. But what can I say? We can only assume that she appropriated it, then used it as if she, in her bubble, would be the only one to know the meaning of the number 42. You know, like how she never - in her wildest dreams - realize that all the lies she's been telling since day one would come out, she'd get caught and she'd be derided.

Point us to Sandi using 42 or referencing THHGTTG at any point in any of her poo poo before it was used by CIG or show us on what you are basing this poo poo. Yeah, it could be true but unless you present anything other than you saying so the same could be said about Chris or Ben. The simplest explanation is that they were appropriating another piece of geek lore like they did with all the rest.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

I'm honestly more interested in what the guys actually working on the "game" think. You've got talented artists and developers busting their asses for a moron that throws out what they make because reasons. Then you've got a fat piece of poo poo, his turd of a wife, and Smug Santa there literally destroying an expensive couch while they watch a movie, and it's okay because they're streaming them watching the movie. :rolleyes:

Morale at the CIG offices must be amazing :allears:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

This is behind the scenes footage of the mo cap session for the getting out of bed sequence when you start playing

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

This should be on every page.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

darkarchon posted:

So there are planets in SC already…

look at that couch :eyepop:

What couch? I see Mrs. Ben, Ben, Hobo Santa and some other people.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Tip: If your trousers become cycling shorts every time you site down you may want to lose a little weight

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

Does the thread look like this for you

No. It looks like normal.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EminusSleepus posted:

you are supposed to sound like a clown off his meds, that is what parody is about.

I heartily concede this point.

:bravo:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

CTRL + F

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Tip: If your trousers become cycling shorts every time you site down you may want to lose a little weight

It's reverse weight loss. If he eats enough people and becomes large enough, he becomes a black hole and collapses in on himself. Genius, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I made a long HD video of a tour of the Starguard carrier. An entire massive behemoth that Spergs are going to be so pissed their half-baked tech demo can only dream of rendering; let alone playing in. More to come!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCUQ1z0hzU

• Locked thread