Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Harrow posted:

How does positioning affect dual attacking? Or does that refer to two units attacking together and not doubling?

Dual attacking is two units attacking together, doubling is now "follow up attacks".

to dual attack you need two units next to one another, and you absolutely cannot dual attack if you're in guard stance (i.e. a heavily nerfed pair up).

E: also very sad you can't re-choose your secondary class if you start from chapter 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zore posted:

Alternatively, give Corrin +Mag and give them Oni Savage/Diviner/Dark Mage since they're basically the only gen 1 character who can actually pull off the mage or hybrid thing really well. Yato still gives stat boosts in your inventory, and honestly isn't that great until the final chapter.

Basara/Dark Knight/Sorcerer/Malig Knight/Master Oni are all cool classes with cool skills that only Corrin and a few kids can really even use. Rend Heaven, Trample, Vengeance, Lunge, Ogre Strike are all worth the price of admission. And Dark Knight can use Swords.

drat, and I'm an absolute sucker for hybrids. I made Robin a Dread Fighter in Awakening specifically for that and had a blast.

The Iron Rose posted:

Dual attacking is two units attacking together, doubling is now "follow up attacks".

to dual attack you need two units next to one another, and you absolutely cannot dual attack if you're in guard stance (i.e. a heavily nerfed pair up).

Okay, cool. That makes sense.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Huxley posted:

I discovered late last night that people have created cities specifically to feed you end-game abilities extremely early.

So now my Silas has +5 damage to unmounted units in addition to +3 damage in open terrain, and now he's just rolling around the map doing an impersonation of the Mongol horde.

yeah but now i know you're a cheater

CHEATER

also I added my code to the spreadsheet, nothing special about it but I do have the random free stuff skills courtesy of Endorph
04530 - 69456 - 00707 - 61282

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

E: also very sad you can't re-choose your secondary class if you start from chapter 6.

Yes you can. In the final window where you can re-do any of the previous options.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I like this gold digger axe lady a lot. I'm going to marry her off to Xander.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

The Shortest Path posted:

Yes you can. In the final window where you can re-do any of the previous options.

awh fuckdicks, I missed it entirely.

well samurai isn't the worst class, and I can always edit myself into an oni savage or something.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

JackDarko posted:

I like this gold digger axe lady a lot. I'm going to marry her off to Xander.

I would use her but I like Beruka and Arthur way more and I don't really need a 3rd Ax user in the rotation

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oboro is a Paladin. Everyone's gonna die faster.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Thanks to whoever pointed out the duplicate code on the sheet, I'm entirely unsurprised I missed one.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

I would use her but I like Beruka and Arthur way more and I don't really need a 3rd Ax user in the rotation

beruka - wyvern lord
arthur - hero
charlotte - berserker

bam, always axes

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Finally caught back up with the thread. These games are really good you guys.

Arthur got two one-point levels in a row. I cracked up, and then promptly benched him. Sorry, man.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zore posted:

Alternatively, give Corrin +Mag and give them Oni Savage/Diviner/Dark Mage since they're basically the only gen 1 character who can actually pull off the mage or hybrid thing really well. Yato still gives stat boosts in your inventory, and honestly isn't that great until the final chapter.

Basara/Dark Knight/Sorcerer/Malig Knight/Master Oni are all cool classes with cool skills that only Corrin and a few kids can really even use. Rend Heaven, Trample, Vengeance, Lunge, Ogre Strike are all worth the price of admission. And Dark Knight can use Swords.

Another question about this:

All of those skills look incredible. Assuming I don't want to go for a mage Corrin (at the very least I don't think I want Corrin to be a full-on mage), what other classes have great skills to go for? Alternatively, if I want to make Corrin a hybrid, what's a good class to shoot for to end up as? Is it worth going for Dread Fighter or is that better used for someone else?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

I almost wouldn't even call it a nerf, it's a completely reworked system that is actually super cool and interesting/satisfying to use.

A good trick I figured out is that you can get off two dual attacks in a turn with 3 characters. You pair up one of the two people you want attacking, attack with the other one, and then transfer the paired up unit to the character who just attacked. The character who attacks first gets a pair up buddy when it's all said in done, so it's a fantastic move when you're in a chokepoint and want your frontliner to get pair up/Dual Guard during the enemy turn.

The Iron Rose posted:

awh fuckdicks, I missed it entirely.

well samurai isn't the worst class, and I can always edit myself into an oni savage or something.

Samurai is one of best subclass because you can take advantage of Spd boon and if you're playing Birthright you can get the extra proc rate skill from Hoshido Noble plus Astra and murder idiots real good.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 23, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's most definitely a nerf. You were literally invincible and deal double damage at full scaling with abilities triggering for both people at like 80-90%~. Also you have 8 levels of extra stats.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dread Fighter isn't a hybrid anymore, it's sword+axe+knife and has bad mag so you don't get much of anything out of the magic weapons.

Dark Knight is a really solid choice for Corrin if you want a hybrid build, I don't know much about the other options.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's a nerf but that's not a bad thing. Hard to imagine, I know.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Tae posted:

It's most definitely a nerf. You were literally invincible and deal double damage at full scaling with abilities triggering for both people at like 80-90%~. Also you have 8 levels of extra stats.

My point is that I don't think you can really make an apples-to-apples comparison because they work completely different in practice.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
In Paralogue 20, is it specifically the Outlaws that can destroy villages?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Looper posted:

beruka - berserker
arthur - berserker
charlotte - berserker

Fixed.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Harrow posted:

Another question about this:

All of those skills look incredible. Assuming I don't want to go for a mage Corrin (at the very least I don't think I want Corrin to be a full-on mage), what other classes have great skills to go for? Alternatively, if I want to make Corrin a hybrid, what's a good class to shoot for to end up as? Is it worth going for Dread Fighter or is that better used for someone else?

Basara, Oni Chieftan, Dark Knight, Nohr Noble, Malig Knight, Dark Flier are all the hybrid classes in the game (well, the ones that attack with tomes+weapon) All of them are pretty good, though you only have access to Nohr Noble on the Nohr path. Dark Flier is also impossible to get until Revelations or some DLC is released.

Honestly most classes have good skills, they've done well reworking stuff. I'm partial to Spear Fighter and Oni Savage for their Res/Def seal skills which you can also get through Basara/Oni Chieftan. Also Dread Fighter is a full physical class now, they lost tomes for Hidden Weapons.

Personally in Birthright I ended up in Malig Knight with my Avatar and he shredded poo poo for days with a combination of the Bolt Axe, regular clubs and some forged Horse/Sheep Spirit tomes. I had Rhajat as a Basara which worked out hilariously well as well.

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 23, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Arthur is still wrecking everything with Ryoma's club, oh my god

poo poo why didn't I make him a hero

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

Huxley posted:

I discovered late last night that people have created cities specifically to feed you end-game abilities extremely early.

So now my Silas has +5 damage to unmounted units in addition to +3 damage in open terrain, and now he's just rolling around the map doing an impersonation of the Mongol horde.

How do you get skills from people's castles like that?

Please, help.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zeuhl posted:

Please, help.

Beat them in a fight, and it lets you buy a skill off of them if you win. You get a steep discount if you beat them without handicaps.

Alternatively, register the character and you can buy skills any time by going to your crystal thing. When you beat the game it even lets you register 6 of your dudes which you can access in any other campaign to get their skills.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Zeuhl posted:

Please, help.
If you win a battle, you can buy a skill from one of their characters for the same character in your army. A lot of people have units with high-level skills and no weapons for easy seizes and battle points and skills, it's pretty cool (if a little cheesy).

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

Zore posted:

Beat them in a fight, and it lets you buy a skill off of them if you win. You get a steep discount if you beat them without handicaps.

Are those people's castles designed so that its easy to win? won't they have high level guys guarding?

Edit: ahh! Nevermind! I know what I'm doing later!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
there... there are lots of enemies in ophelia's paralogue.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zeuhl posted:

Please, help.

when you visit their castles, win the battle, then you can buy one skill for the same character. all the high ranked battle castles are made for getting skills easily

i won't judge anyone who plays on phoenix but i'll hella judge anyone cheating to get overpowered skills

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Zeuhl posted:

Are those people's castles designed so that its easy to win? won't they have high level guys guarding?

Edit: ahh! Nevermind! I know what I'm doing later!

The 19 people with my spreadsheet open in a tab are probably sick of me spamming it but I've got a link to a spreadsheet with goon castle codes in my post history (the ? button).

On that note I'm off soon so any errors I need to correct or w/e will probably have to wait some hours.

E: I feel like I'm repeating myself too often and I'm trying to shut up but you can't be too careful at the speed this thread moves.

theshim
May 1, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

The 19 people with my spreadsheet open in a tab are probably sick of me spamming it but I've got a link to a spreadsheet with goon castle codes in my post history (the ? button).

On that note I'm off soon so any errors I need to correct or w/e will probably have to wait some hours.
Nah, I appreciate it. After I finish the battle I'm in now I'll add my code. (Please visit :ohdear:)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Looper posted:

when you visit their castles, win the battle, then you can buy one skill for the same character. all the high ranked battle castles are made for getting skills easily

i won't judge anyone who plays on phoenix but i'll hella judge anyone cheating to get overpowered skills

The only skill I allowed myself to buy was the random money getting one from Endorph since dear god you are incredibly poor in this game. It doesn't even trigger that often, so it really hasn't alleviated my issues.

All my dudes are about to reach promotion range and I don't have nearly enough master seals/money to promote them all fuuuuuck

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Infinity Gaia posted:

The only skill I allowed myself to buy was the random money getting one from Endorph since dear god you are incredibly poor in this game. It doesn't even trigger that often, so it really hasn't alleviated my issues.

All my dudes are about to reach promotion range and I don't have nearly enough master seals/money to promote them all fuuuuuck

In Birthright at least, the game starts dumping master seals on you from like chapter 12-20. You'll still need to buy some but you shouldn't be stuck with half your guys at 20. Unless you really are that bad.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Looper posted:

beruka - wyvern lord
arthur - hero
charlotte - berserker

bam, always axes

i don't think you understood my post, but that's okay

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Conquest is the game where you are eternally poor

theshim
May 1, 2012

Seriously though do you ever get any real amount of money in Conquest? I'd really like to upgrade more than two weapons at any point. :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

i don't think you understood my post, but that's okay

charlotte was the first character in my army to do triple digit damage and have a crit rate of 71%, bows make a good showing but axes are still the best

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

voltcatfish posted:

Conquest is the game where you are eternally poor

I'm at 18 and I think I have like 15k gold right now

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
paralogue 20: "do you like enemies well here's ALL THE ENEMIES"

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOwSHXK0444

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Looper posted:

charlotte was the first character in my army to do triple digit damage and have a crit rate of 71%, bows make a good showing but axes are still the best

Bows are technically axes now so it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

theshim posted:

Seriously though do you ever get any real amount of money in Conquest? I'd really like to upgrade more than two weapons at any point. :(

Sorta? You do get the occasional 10,000 or 5,000g windfall but those go pretty fast just buying higher tier weapons

• Locked thread