Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Had 10 inches of snow last night in West Michigan. Woke up and the roads where clear and plowed. I moved here from Idaho 5 months ago and 10 inches of snow would have shut down Boise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Goddamn people around here are dumb as loving rocks. Had an rear end in a top hat in a Jeep yesterday on the way home almost sideswipe me from another lane because he was texting and trying to talk to the other 4 people riding with him. Fuckface almost rear-ended me, I merged over to his lane when he wasn't paying attention at a light (had at least 3-4 car lengths of space) and he rides up my rear end and blares his horn. Gee, maybe if you'd paid attention to the loving road it wouldn't be so bad. Not nearly as bad as the assbag in the Tahoe about a mile later that decided to block up a line of traffic on a 2 lane road with a turn lane because they were too loving stupid to signal their left and get into the turn lane.

Sometimes I wish I could get away with vehicular homicide and kill 2 birds with 1 stone - rear end in a top hat out of my way and stress release.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ratbert90 posted:

Had 10 inches of snow last night in West Michigan. Woke up and the roads where clear and plowed. I moved here from Idaho 5 months ago and 10 inches of snow would have shut down Boise.

But just Boise. Lewiston, kamiah, riggins, etc would have survived.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
Bad driving results in accident on dash cam (full screen and advance to 1:10) :nws: for language
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9de_1456377183

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Geirskogul posted:

...and nobody would have noticed.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

B4Ctom1 posted:

Bad driving results in accident on dash cam (full screen and advance to 1:10) :nws: for language

I know this probably makes me a sociopath, but from a pure spectator standpoint that was fuckin cool. I assume he pushed the rear bodywork out of the way and hit the tire, which popped him up into the air? Probably couldn't repeat it if he tried.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

Well yeah, ACHD's policy is to not plow roads. I'm not even joking about that, they don't, because a lot of times it melts the next day.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Tony Hawk's Pro Driver beta looking good

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Gotta keep the engine cool, ya know?

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
I'm impressed it hasn't smashed the windshield

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Are there kids in that car? :aaaaa:

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
http://www.wpbf.com/news/car-turns-driver-in-for-hitandrun/36755942

re:re:re:re:re Woman does a hit and run, but a witness calls it in. YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHO IT WAS!!!

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe

Killstick posted:

re:re:re:re:re Woman does a hit and run, but a witness calls it in. YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHO IT WAS!!!

Running from one hit into another hit, priceless.
Screw self-driving cars I want more "I am sick of your human poo poo" calling systems.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Killstick posted:

We have genuinely reached the point where cars are more intelligent than their owners.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Killstick posted:

drat that must be a pretty harsh job. 99 fender benders then one call from a car with someone dying in their vehicle after a crash.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Smuggins posted:

Running from one hit into another hit, priceless.
Screw self-driving cars I want more "I am sick of your human poo poo" calling systems.
Until it calls you in for doing 2 over the limit.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Got a chance to test the brakes on my 14 Corolla yesterday. Had to go from 35-0 in a split loving second to avoid slamming into the loving moron in a Jeep Liberty that pulled away from the curb. Honestly, if he didn't throw his signal on as he was pulling away, I wouldn't have caught it in time.

Check your mirrors, kid. Using your turn signal is great, but please make sure to actually make sure your lane is clear.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

:stare:

https://gfycat.com/AntiqueScientificBlackrussianterrier

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:catstare:

Did like seven people just die?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Geirskogul posted:

:catstare:

Did like seven people just die?

The wife and I just re-watched that gif a couple dozen times in a row trying to make sense of the whole thing. There's SO MUCH collateral damage as he takes cars out and then they bounce into other cars or barriers.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

4 injured with no life threatening injuries luckily.

http://kxan.com/2016/02/26/truck-carrying-gravel-flies-off-fm-2222-after-crash/

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Which is really the most amazing thing about that thing. I fully expected to read about fatalities in the article.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
This guy makes motorcyclists look bad: https://youtu.be/oWxqPyq2clo?t=70
Sure, you have the green, but someone's in the intersection.

The happened to him pretty soon after: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_i9ipeQPdU
(No the crash wasn't his fault)

nitrogen fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 27, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

The Locator posted:

Which is really the most amazing thing about that thing. I fully expected to read about fatalities in the article.

Yeah. On another note, why does it seem like, every time there's something like that accident, it's always a construction truck -- either a cement truck or a dump truck? They seem to be the absolute worst drivers at a far greater rate than semi drivers.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

nitrogen posted:

I hate people like that, who don't seem to understand that green doesn't mean "jam on the throttle NOW!" and can't be bothered to wait for the intersection to clear.

I've been so close to being rammed from behind so many times by jerkasses who can't wait for me to finish my left turn.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

nitrogen posted:

The happened to him pretty soon after: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_i9ipeQPdU

This guy's channel is so irritating. He's being a dick to EMS.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 27, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

KozmoNaut posted:

I hate people like that, who don't seem to understand that green doesn't mean "jam on the throttle NOW!" and can't be bothered to wait for the intersection to clear.

I've been so close to being rammed from behind so many times by jerkasses who can't wait for me to finish my left turn.

Yeah, assuming you did not enter the intersection on a red light, you have the right of way until you exit the intersection in that situation. The car in the video is mostly at fault, not the Jeep (although the Jeep may be at partial fault if he could've stopped before hitting the retard).

The motorcyclist would have been well-served by pasting himself into the side of that Jeep.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Of course you should obviously act to prevent any accident from happening if you can, even if you have the right of way. But from looking at the video, the car hit the jeep, not the other way around.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

Of course you should obviously act to prevent any accident from happening if you can, even if you have the right of way. But from looking at the video, the car hit the jeep, not the other way around.

Yeah, I'm saying the Jeep may have like 10% fault, if the insurance companies decide to litigate. It's definitely the car's fault overall.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

nitrogen posted:

Even if that wasn't his fault, from what I've seen of his videos it was bound to happen sooner or later. He's the perfect example of someone putting a camera on their helmet / in their car to capture "lovely idiot drivers", without realizing that they are just as bad. They also seem to get more and more interested in getting "good footage", which leads to them exacerbating situations (sometimes putting people in actual danger). I sometimes check out a dashcamer that drives in my country (mostly because it's interesting to see how it is here). He honks like a moron, and doesn't back off when situations that could lead to a crash arises. I'm pretty sure that him knowing that his camera is on is making him overreact to every situation, and this is in a country where the material he gets is so low on "action" that he has several clips in every video of him whining about people pulling in too close in front of him after overtaking (because he doesn't want stone chips).

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
This guy is eventually going to piss off the wrong person and get pounded

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 27, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PT6A posted:

Yeah. On another note, why does it seem like, every time there's something like that accident, it's always a construction truck -- either a cement truck or a dump truck? They seem to be the absolute worst drivers at a far greater rate than semi drivers.

Confirmation bias, look it up.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?

B4Ctom1 posted:

Yeah, that section of roadway gets a little squirrely because of a series of left exits before, narrowing back down to 2 lanes in a short bit and heavy merging traffic from businesses about a half mile down the run with inadequate ramp space. Idiots in civics are also a plague.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

KozmoNaut posted:

green doesn't mean "jam on the throttle NOW!"

Also a great way to get hit by people running the red light.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

MrOnBicycle posted:

Even if that wasn't his fault, from what I've seen of his videos it was bound to happen sooner or later. He's the perfect example of someone putting a camera on their helmet / in their car to capture "lovely idiot drivers", without realizing that they are just as bad. They also seem to get more and more interested in getting "good footage", which leads to them exacerbating situations (sometimes putting people in actual danger). I sometimes check out a dashcamer that drives in my country (mostly because it's interesting to see how it is here). He honks like a moron, and doesn't back off when situations that could lead to a crash arises. I'm pretty sure that him knowing that his camera is on is making him overreact to every situation, and this is in a country where the material he gets is so low on "action" that he has several clips in every video of him whining about people pulling in too close in front of him after overtaking (because he doesn't want stone chips).

If you're talking about Volvo Dashcam i know exactly what you mean. A lot of the time it feels like he simply drives more aggressively to try to wring some drama out of his commute, but he lives in Sweden where most people drive pretty well so he has to work for it. "Man that guy just drove through a yellow light!" *presses save on dashcam*

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Killstick posted:

If you're talking about Volvo Dashcam i know exactly what you mean. A lot of the time it feels like he simply drives more aggressively to try to wring some drama out of his commute, but he lives in Sweden where most people drive pretty well so he has to work for it. "Man that guy just drove through a yellow light!" *presses save on dashcam*

Just based on watching his newest video, he's one hell of a self-righteous idiot with a stick up his rear end.

Actually, I don't know whether that or his terrible taste in music is worse.

E: Although to be fair, he is right to be annoyed in a couple of cases, like the guy honking at him because he stopped for pedestrians in a marked crossing.

E2: Aaaand then he chastises people for entering a blocked intersection, while doing the exact same thing himself :downs:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 27, 2016

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Killstick posted:

Yep, that's the one. Don't really want to give him views though.

Edit: The only thing I agree with him wholeheartedly is when he tries to get people to turn their lights on / turn their stupid fog lights off.

Edit2: I wonder how many crashes are due to people laying on the horn instead of focusing on evading.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 27, 2016

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The other day I was driving down a two lane road, very light traffic, but there was a left lane hog in a Ghibli blocking me from passing a truck in the right lane. I finally got space, got around the truck, and get back in the right lane, still accelerating but approaching another car in the right lane. Suddenly Maserati guy decides he's not letting some hatchback "beat" him and just goes full hammer down past me, gets up into the car ahead of me's blind spot... and drops back to the speed the guy ahead of me is going, and flips me off.

He then proceeded to sit there smugly another mile until I turned off to the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

PCOS Bill posted:

The other day I was driving down a two lane road, very light traffic, but there was a left lane hog in a Ghibli blocking me from passing a truck in the right lane. I finally got space, got around the truck, and get back in the right lane, still accelerating but approaching another car in the right lane. Suddenly Maserati guy decides he's not letting some hatchback "beat" him and just goes full hammer down past me, gets up into the car ahead of me's blind spot... and drops back to the speed the guy ahead of me is going, and flips me off.

He then proceeded to sit there smugly another mile until I turned off to the right.

Do you want me to set up a gofundme page to get you a camera? You seem to run into a lot of idiots.