Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Troutful posted:

Useless online recipe reviews. I see this kind of thing a lot:

"Thick & Fluffy Pancake Recipe"

Reviewer: "Pancakes way too thick and fluffy. 1/5"

Someone mentioned this before, but I've run into it a bunch lately and it's related: Those loving 3 page blog posts before the recipe starts.

"My grandmother used to make this lemonade that..

words words words

...and then we'd all sit around the fire and laugh about old uncle Ron and the cactus and...

words words words

...so anyway here's the recipe for my meatloaf:
1 meat
1 egg
some spices

ok have fun live laugh love and never forget to always be thankful for every day LUV Y'ALL"

gently caress me running, I just want a god damned list of ingredients and a temperature for my oven, christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Troutful posted:

Reviewer: "I didn't have milk so I used the juice from a can of asparagus and my hubby is gluten intolerant so I substituted the flour for sawdust. Worst pancakes ever, this recipe is terrible. 1/5"

Fixed that for you.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Antioch posted:

1 meat
1 egg
some spices

lol

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Had an old one from my previous employer that I remembered, only because a friend of mine still works there and just put in their two weeks:

When upper management tries to blame an employee for something they had no control over, especially with a client. Case in point, friend had received a verbal warning because 2 of his clients didn't renew their contract with the old MSP we worked for. I knew for a fact it related to money and distance from our MSP office to the client office, I'd worked with both while I was employed at said MSP. Instead of the company and management looking at the facts (client loved the work and engineers, hated that project pricing went up along with their contract getting more expensive), they decided to throw my friend under the bus and threaten his job instead. Basically the whole "clients are leaving, we think it's your fault, quit loving up" type of speech.

Funny enough the place seems to be in dire straits - buddy said in the last 4-5 months, almost a dozen people up and quit the company, mostly people in key engineering positions for networking, phone, and server work. CEO has apparently been trying to bullshit his way out and is in panic mode because of the guys who quit on the spot, and not having any (or very few) people that know as much as they knew. As far as I can tell this most recent round of people leaving puts the grand total of employees who quit up near 30 - in less than 18 months time.

If I gave half a poo poo about any of the management there (outside my old direct boss who already left), I'd call and laugh with hearty "I loving TOLD you this would happen" because I'd seen plenty of passive-aggressive, two-faced, office politics bullshit constantly getting in the way of actual work.

Meanwhile at my current job, I just finished a couple certs and got a yearly raise that was more than DOUBLE the raise I received for both years combined at the company above when I worked there. It's like watching rats flee a sinking ship while the captain and first mate panic desperately to drain water using their cupped hands.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Antioch posted:

gently caress me running, I just want a god damned list of ingredients and a temperature for my oven, christ.

Seriously, it's an epidemic. It's not just recipes either, everyone feels like they need to include a backstory to everything. I also hate the "series of pictures (recipe at the end)" style of recipe posting. The recipe is the most important part, I don't want to have to scroll through your 50 pictures of chopping up undefined amounts of onions and carrots etc before finding out exactly what I need to buy to make this.

Also food snobs really need to stop it with the superfluous adjectives. Calling it "a nice _____" or "an artisinal organic heirloom tomato" is annoying. Let the food be pretentious and classy on its own merits instead of building expectations that won't be met with words.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Troutful posted:

Reviewer: "Pancakes way too thick and fluffy. 1/5"

See also:

"Egg And Potato Breakfast Burritos"

Reviewer: "Not great. Replaced eggs with gravel, potatoes with used tampons. Tasted crunchy and inauthentic. 2/5"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Murphy Brownback posted:

Seriously, it's an epidemic. It's not just recipes either, everyone feels like they need to include a backstory to everything. I also hate the "series of pictures (recipe at the end)" style of recipe posting. The recipe is the most important part, I don't want to have to scroll through your 50 pictures of chopping up undefined amounts of onions and carrots etc before finding out exactly what I need to buy to make this.

This but double for any recipe that comes solely in convenient 20 minute video form.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Hell, videos where text would do, sometimes better, in general. Oh no, poor baby isn't getting his channel views. :qq:

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
Related to recipe reviews, I hate people that give poor reviews based on something totally unrelated to the product or out of control of the store. "Ordered wrong size, Amazon exchanged it with no hassle 2/5" or "Works great, but UPS lost it for a week 1/5". It's not their fault or the products fault that you or the courier hosed up.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Je suis fatigue posted:

Related to recipe reviews, I hate people that give poor reviews based on something totally unrelated to the product or out of control of the store. "Ordered wrong size, Amazon exchanged it with no hassle 2/5" or "Works great, but UPS lost it for a week 1/5". It's not their fault or the products fault that you or the courier hosed up.

Unfair reviews in general annoy me, especially if the product/hotel/whatever is small enough that a few lovely reviews affects them. My favourite example of this is one small BnB in the Austrian countryside (...I can explain why I was looking at that but it's a long story), with a TripAdvisor user score of 3 stars. One review was 5 starts, with a rational, reasoned review of the place that amounted to "it was perfectly fine and I wasn't expecting any more". The other guy? One star because "I willingly admit the place was good but that Sabine bitch hated me, I swear", detailed in a massive screed. :wtc:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Antioch posted:

Someone mentioned this before, but I've run into it a bunch lately and it's related: Those loving 3 page blog posts before the recipe starts.

"My grandmother used to make this lemonade that..

words words words

...and then we'd all sit around the fire and laugh about old uncle Ron and the cactus and...

words words words

1 meat
1 egg
some spices

ok have fun live laugh love and never forget to always be thankful for every day LUV Y'ALL"

Oh my god. Cookie recipes are the worst for this. I don't need your life story, just tell me how to make the fuckign cookies.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AlphaKretin posted:

Hell, videos where text would do, sometimes better, in general. Oh no, poor baby isn't getting his channel views. :qq:

I most often encounter this with video game walkthroughs, where I just want the solution to one specific puzzle and don't want to have to find it somewhere in a half hour video (after figuring out which video in the seris is even the right one), but all kinds of tutorials and instructions do it and it's super annoying. Just give me some written instructions with pictures where necessary so I can easily skim to the bit I'm having trouble with or need to be reminded of.

Oh, and also, interesting-sounding headlines that, when you click them, turn out to be videos instead of articles. :argh:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

docbeard posted:

This but double for any recipe that comes solely in convenient 20 minute video form.

The new recipe thing that needs to die is time-lapse videos.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

ElwoodCuse posted:

The new recipe thing that needs to die is time-lapse videos.

My niece and former sister-in-law share these loving things all the time, and they're not even real recipes. It's stuff like cutting up canned biscuit dough, throwing on some cheese and meat, and baking it. Or unrolling canned cinnamon rolls and throwing in some nutella and strawberries and baking that. It's just mixing junk food with other junk food to make extra cheesy avocado meat Hamburger Helper casserole wraps.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Maggie Fletcher posted:

My niece and former sister-in-law share these loving things all the time, and they're not even real recipes. It's stuff like cutting up canned biscuit dough, throwing on some cheese and meat, and baking it. Or unrolling canned cinnamon rolls and throwing in some nutella and strawberries and baking that. It's just mixing junk food with other junk food to make extra cheesy avocado meat Hamburger Helper casserole wraps.

The TVtropes of cooking: "I stuck some food things I like into one bowl and heated it up! Gourmet artisonal food product!"

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Murphy Brownback posted:

Let the food be pretentious and classy on its own merits instead of building expectations that won't be met with words.

I think I mentioned this in one of these threads before, but the worst pretentious recipes are the ones that use tons of different spices in minuscule amounts just for the sake of making the recipe look more complicated. I'll try to look a simple soup recipe for a quick dinner and everything is "Ex-Girlfriend's Roommate's Great-Grandmother's Old-Fashioned Home-Style Slow Cooker Easy Minestrone" with 1/8 teaspoon each of parsley, thyme, cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, cardamom, paprika, mustard, nutmeg, cinnamon, a single peppercorn, and 4 loving tablespoons of salt.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Oh, and also, interesting-sounding headlines that, when you click them, turn out to be videos instead of articles. :argh:

Phone posting, so I can't link to it but there's an Onion article that's basically "Man finds, yet again, it's a loving video."

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Recently, I finally managed to move to another city for a job, and only a couple days ago did my family go back home after helping me do so. I love them, and I appreciate that, but being in close proximity to them when freedom from them is so close causes a lot of peeves to bubble up to the surface.

-Every single one just has to sing along to the radio if they like the song, regardless of how well they know it. My sister does it earnestly, but even worse is my parents doing it as a joke, because they'll be far worse and far louder.

-My dad will put on this weirdly high and childish tone of voice when he's quoting me for a story, which he apparently does quite a lot. My voice is deeper than his.

-Whenever my mom asks me a question to which my response is something along the lines of 'no, I'm fine', she will ask me if I'm sure twice. Every time. Not once have I ever changed my mind the first time, let alone the second.

-Perhaps related, my mom also seems to hear me as a lot less... resolute than I actually am. No, I did not suggest you not smoke in my new apartment, I told you not to smoke in my new apartment. Quite directly, in fact.

-It's been mentioned a few times in this thread, but all this reminded me of it: when people buy you shitloads of themed gifts because they hear you like it, regardless of the statement's truth. Recently that's been Doctor Who for me--I'm fine with that, because Doctor Who is fun and its aesthetics can be pretty classy, but gently caress, there's only so many TARDISes I can have in a place--but until recently it was sarcastic t-shirts. You know the type; black or earth-y colors, with slogans like "it's hard to show I care, since I don't". that's great for an Edgy But Not Too Edgy Teen, but I'm now twenty-four, and had so many of those given to me over the years that even when shedding as much of my wardrobe as possible I couldn't even get rid of all of them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Phone posting, so I can't link to it but there's an Onion article that's basically "Man finds, yet again, it's a loving video."

:ssh: Its a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHtJLABTdCE

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

My new neighbours, who have too many cars for their driveway (and too many people for the household imo but their neighbourliness is a story for E/N or FWP), park in front of my house before and instead of their own. What the hell? gently caress off, you're setting off my dogs.

E: Sorry, two cars and a loving boat they're tinkering with! Totally a more appropriate place than on your own goddamn property. And on bin collection night. It's cool, I don't need my full bins emptied or anything! :fuckoff:

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 08:20 on Mar 1, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

Unfair reviews in general annoy me, especially if the product/hotel/whatever is small enough that a few lovely reviews affects them. My favourite example of this is one small BnB in the Austrian countryside (...I can explain why I was looking at that but it's a long story), with a TripAdvisor user score of 3 stars. One review was 5 starts, with a rational, reasoned review of the place that amounted to "it was perfectly fine and I wasn't expecting any more". The other guy? One star because "I willingly admit the place was good but that Sabine bitch hated me, I swear", detailed in a massive screed. :wtc:

It hasn't been updated in a year but there's an entire site about this and they can get pretty infuriating

http://leasthelpful.com/

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

PDFs that are documents scanned as images so you can't select/highlight/copy/search the text. I get tons of them as assigned reading for classes and it makes using them so much more difficult than it should be.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Tiggum posted:

PDFs that are documents scanned as images so you can't select/highlight/copy/search the text. I get tons of them as assigned reading for classes and it makes using them so much more difficult than it should be.

Get some OCR Software, hth.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Je suis fatigue posted:

I love this poo poo because if you know where to look you can find some accidental comedy. I once came across a one-star review for a decently expensive Wusthof chef's knife written by someone who was absolutely loving outraged that it dulled with prolonged use and had to be sharpened periodically. I guess they thought good knives were expensive because they were made of magic steel that never dulled.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cleretic posted:

-My dad will put on this weirdly high and childish tone of voice when he's quoting me for a story, which he apparently does quite a lot. My voice is deeper than his.

That's hilarious.

quote:

-It's been mentioned a few times in this thread, but all this reminded me of it: when people buy you shitloads of themed gifts because they hear you like it, regardless of the statement's truth. Recently that's been Doctor Who for me--I'm fine with that, because Doctor Who is fun and its aesthetics can be pretty classy, but gently caress, there's only so many TARDISes I can have in a place--but until recently it was sarcastic t-shirts. You know the type; black or earth-y colors, with slogans like "it's hard to show I care, since I don't". that's great for an Edgy But Not Too Edgy Teen, but I'm now twenty-four, and had so many of those given to me over the years that even when shedding as much of my wardrobe as possible I couldn't even get rid of all of them.
That's the worst.

Related to family members having a permanent image of you that you've shed: when I was a child I was very non-affectionate; totally averse to hugging unless it was my parents. To this day my extended family and my parents' friends think I'm mortified by the prospect of hugging them hello or goodbye. I'm 23, how do you people think I made it this far without ever showing basic human affection?

Henchman of Santa has a new favorite as of 15:04 on Mar 1, 2016

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Tiggum posted:

I most often encounter this with video game walkthroughs, where I just want the solution to one specific puzzle and don't want to have to find it somewhere in a half hour video (after figuring out which video in the seris is even the right one), but all kinds of tutorials and instructions do it and it's super annoying. Just give me some written instructions with pictures where necessary so I can easily skim to the bit I'm having trouble with or need to be reminded of.

This poo poo especially kills when the information you're looking for is all of one sentence, like "Enter door 1, press the button, then enter door 2." Instead, you get:

*obnoxiously loud intro music*

(windows movie maker title card in comic sans) BLAZEBRO420XxX Presents...

*intro music volume increases*

A BLAZEBRO420XxX video

*music gets louder again*

HOW TO SOLVE THIS PUZLE (by BLAZEBRO420XxX)

hey everyone it's blazebro four twenty ex ex ex, um hi, like i know y'all probably have some problems with this stage so um...

anyway i wanted to make a video to show you how...how to do it. this video is kinda like my other videos on my channel where i show you how to solve puzzles, so...

like...this one is a hard one, i'm gonna show you how to solve it. you can start with any character you want, but i like the girl one heh. you know because she's a girl heh. outfits don't change stats in this game but i usually put the girl in the swimsuit you can buy from the vendor in um...what's the name of that place...anyway that one town.

so like here i'm showing you where to go for this puzzle, i mess it up a couple of times in this video, but um, here in a second you'll see that haha oh i died there, i totally forgot i died there. okay well now we're running back to that spot, man that fight before the puzzle is hard, so make sure you win it by beating the bad guys that show up. anyway i like this game a lot, and...um...okay here's the puzzle. just solve it and you can move on. thanks for watching, like rate and subscribe

*more loud music*

A BLAZEBRO420XxX video

LIKE RATE AND SUBSCRIBE

(YouTube annotation) LIKE RATE AND SUBSCRIBE!

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Related to family members having a permanent image of you that you've shed: when I was a child I was very non-affectionate; totally averse to hugging unless it was my parents. To this day my extended family and my parents' friends think I'm mortified by the prospect of hugging them hello or goodbye. I'm 23, how do you people think I made it this far without ever showing basic human affection?

You would be surprised. It took my ex 6 years to come clean that he hated hugging. Absolutely hated it. No matter what situation, no matter who it was, he hated it so much he finally only told me so I would stop asking him to hold me during sex because that was technically a hug. He was probably autistic as gently caress and that suddenly explained why everything was so bad with him so the relationship ended pretty soon after. Dude wouldn't even hug his ill mother on her once every few years visit to him.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

The reason why I mute strategy videos.

Also can't stand people who use profanity for emphasis, another common trait shared by the recorded game footage community.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I have the issue of growing up with my family they never knew what I liked when getting gifts for me. This was frustrating as a kid because I had normal interests like movies, books, games, etc.

They'd ask me what I'd want and I'd say "oh a book would be nice, I like SCI_FI/MYSTERY/Horror" or whatever I liked at the time. Instead of researching something a kid would like, if I wasn't specific enough I usually got the stuff you'd find in the impulse section of the store, like candy, toiletries, batteries, etc.

Essentially gifts that are very impersonal that aren't really gifts at all are my pet peeve.

Would it kill you to think of a gift the other person would actually enjoy? To me that's half the fun of gift giving, finding something that person will actually get enjoyment out of.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Fried Watermelon posted:

Essentially gifts that are very impersonal that aren't really gifts at all are my pet peeve.

I agree with this as long as you both know each other very well and know what they'd like. On the opposite end, and I think this may be the cause of other peoples' other gift complaints who posted before you, I hate it when people expect you to be a mindreader when deciding what to get them. I don't expect you to tell me what to buy, but like if I haven't seen you for a couple years at least give me something to go on. Instead I always get "I don't know" or "surprise me!" when I ask "are you still into _____" or "do you like ____". Some people are either oblivious or aren't around you enough to keep up with your current interests and preferences, it shouldn't be some drawn out procedure to get at least a hint.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I saw one of these yesterday on my Facebook feed - some gross-rear end concoction of crushed Doritos, crappy pre-cooked chicken, and a bunch of cream cheese. No wonder a good chunk of the US are a bunch of fat bastards, poo poo's disgusting.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Ozz81 posted:

I saw one of these yesterday on my Facebook feed - some gross-rear end concoction of crushed Doritos, crappy pre-cooked chicken, and a bunch of cream cheese. No wonder a good chunk of the US are a bunch of fat bastards, poo poo's disgusting.

I went to the last few videos:

1. cream cheese, meat, cheese, cheese, bake, stuff into a baguette, cover with butter and more cheese, bake.
2. bacon "pie crust" filled with ground beef, cheese and peppers, bake.
3. canned biscuit dough, eggs, cheese, sausage, gravy, bake.
4. canned cinnamon roll dough, eggs, syrup, icing, bake.
5. canned biscuit dough, meat, gravy, bake.

They're all basically variations on "breakfast at Denny's chopped up and thrown together in a pan and re-baked."

And yes, the people who share these are all fat.

Edit: I feel bad saying that since the main offender is a really nice woman, it's just...that's...not food! Eat a vegetable! A handful of bell peppers in a pound of meat and cheese does not count!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

This poo poo especially kills when the information you're looking for is all of one sentence, like "Enter door 1, press the button, then enter door 2." Instead, you get:

*obnoxiously loud intro music*

(windows movie maker title card in comic sans) BLAZEBRO420XxX Presents...

*intro music volume increases*

A BLAZEBRO420XxX video

*music gets louder again*

HOW TO SOLVE THIS PUZLE (by BLAZEBRO420XxX)

hey everyone it's blazebro four twenty ex ex ex, um hi, like i know y'all probably have some problems with this stage so um...

anyway i wanted to make a video to show you how...how to do it. this video is kinda like my other videos on my channel where i show you how to solve puzzles, so...

like...this one is a hard one, i'm gonna show you how to solve it. you can start with any character you want, but i like the girl one heh. you know because she's a girl heh. outfits don't change stats in this game but i usually put the girl in the swimsuit you can buy from the vendor in um...what's the name of that place...anyway that one town.

so like here i'm showing you where to go for this puzzle, i mess it up a couple of times in this video, but um, here in a second you'll see that haha oh i died there, i totally forgot i died there. okay well now we're running back to that spot, man that fight before the puzzle is hard, so make sure you win it by beating the bad guys that show up. anyway i like this game a lot, and...um...okay here's the puzzle. just solve it and you can move on. thanks for watching, like rate and subscribe

*more loud music*

A BLAZEBRO420XxX video

LIKE RATE AND SUBSCRIBE

(YouTube annotation) LIKE RATE AND SUBSCRIBE!

Oh god. So I started playing Dark Souls, and there was a boss I was stuck on so I went looking for strategy videos. And of course almost all of them are this. Only they left in the six times before they beat the boss that they died. Useless.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

grittyreboot posted:

No cop is gonna bust you for jaywalking. That's why other minor offenses are referred to as 'the jaywalking of ____'

Pages back but this is bullshit. I got a ticket for jaywalking cause I just so happened to step into the crosswalk as the red hand started flashing.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

hey everyone it's blazebro four twenty ex ex ex

This is accurate to the point of being a transcript.

Related: I watch a lot of hair-related videos on Youtube, mostly about product reviews and things like that because keeping blonde hair is like having a pet: CONSTANT VIGILANCE. Anyway, 90% of the time, it goes something like, "Hi, guys, I'm [name] and today I'm going to be going from black to blonde!" Cue seventeen minutes of a girl rubbing bleach directly onto her scalp, blow-drying it and discovering it is yellow, bleaching it again, looking bemused, running a toner through it for 10 minutes and then concluding the whole venture didn't work. I've made some pretty hilarious hair gently caress-ups before (hence two separate posts in the hair thread about shaving my head) but I'd never make a video about it and then market it as a tutorial. I have seen literally one video that was honest about the author's lack of skill and it was literally entitled "What NOT to do" and it was an old video she'd edited to pause and go, "That. That was gently caress up number one. Take note," and it was very funny.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
While I really like my GP, she is always behind on her appointments. 20 minute wait so far and no idea how far back in the queue I am. I just want the prescription for my meds. :smith:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

When you can't easily go back in your browser, because the previous page is some dumb intermediate page that just instantly redirects you back to your current page.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Digirat posted:

When you can't easily go back in your browser, because the previous page is some dumb intermediate page that just instantly redirects you back to your current page.

Also things that don't let you open a link in a new tab. I used a grading program like this. Would be looking at a kid's grade, needed to open a new tab to type a message to parents while looking at the kids grade but nope. The navigation interface just assumes you're going to look at just one page at a time.

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still

Intoluene posted:

While I really like my GP, she is always behind on her appointments. 20 minute wait so far and no idea how far back in the queue I am. I just want the prescription for my meds. :smith:

I recently had to drive my sister 3 hours away for an appointment with a specialist. When we got there, the receptionists said the doctor was running behind by 45 minutes, the next people, they told an hour... and so on. Most people opted to leave and come back later, but like idiots we just sat there. It took THREE loving HOURS for the doctor to see her, for a 15 minute appointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I've seen lots of people post in here about how it bugs them when people stop at a red light and they're over the white line where the crosswalk goes, sometimes almost in the intersection. That annoys me too, but I've been seeing a lot of just the opposite lately and it's even worse. People will pull to a stop at a red light, but they'll be like two car lengths away from the line where you're supposed to stop. Why are they stopping way back there?? It's so infuriating. Like I could see not slowing down quickly enough and accidentally rolling over the line, but you'd have to be very purposefully stopping that soon. Why??