Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Originally this season had 13 episodes. But at some point the network ordered 5 aditional ones, bringing it to a total of 18.
So that also means tha next weeks episode is the original season finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Lycus posted:

I think more networks are finally figuring out how this streaming poo poo works and how they commercially benefit from keeping all the episodes up. CW still hasn't.

Yes, the BILLION DOLLAR Netflix deal that has literally kept the station afloat isn't benefiting the CW at all. Why would they pay out if all the episodes are available for free elsewhere?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Yes, the BILLION DOLLAR Netflix deal that has literally kept the station afloat isn't benefiting the CW at all. Why would they pay out if all the episodes are available for free elsewhere?

That deal is for past season episodes, not current season episodes.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Lycus posted:

That deal is for past season episodes, not current season episodes.

I know, I don't see how that changes anything. Netflix is paying for people to use their service to catch up. Why would they pay if everybody could use Hulu or CW.com instead?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Norwegian Rudo posted:

I know, I don't see how that changes anything. Netflix is paying for people to use their service to catch up. Why would they pay if everybody could use Hulu or CW.com instead?

Because being locked from watching current episodes only hurts viewership numbers for upcoming episodes of the current season, which is where the real money in tv is because Nielsen. You keep the current season accessible until it ends, with ads, then gate it away. Seems to work for plenty of other networks. (Plus there is inherent value in controlling the distribution medium; why would they want them to pay for Netflix when they can get them to watch on cw.com?)

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Gay Josh!!!

Old Gay Darryl!!!!!!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Velveeta is Deep Throat!!

So this man hole.... is a vagina!

oh noooooooo they found trent :(

omg he's kissing gay white josh!!!!

there's a prostitute breaking up marriages all over town

THIS SHOW IS INCREDIBLE

Brock Samson fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 23, 2016

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

This show is great. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they picked up the Darryl and White Josh thing and actually went somewhere with it instead of just teasing it for a season or something. Hoping for them to become the least messed up relationship on the show (or Paula and her husband, now that they're communicating again).

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This show might be the most diverse one on television.

I liked how White Josh explained himself to Darryl. "I am gay and you were kinda cute, so I kissed you." Nothing weird about it.
Also it is great that his friends don't define him by that. If they introduced him as "Gay Josh", the dynamic would be way different.

Also, Rebecca is really good at doubling down on digging her own grave.
That guy was probably talking to Valencia for a while. But maybe she gets ridiculously lucky and the guy has a major cursh on her since college.

crack crack crack crack
crack crack crack crack

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

The prostitute breaking up marriages thing is amazing

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Goddamnit ,Trent! Stop kissing the pretty woman with big boobs and start smashing this conspiracy, you oval office.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I didn't like this episode as much. I don't like it when everyone is angry at each other. Be happy!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

blue squares posted:

I didn't like this episode as much. I don't like it when everyone is angry at each other. Be happy!

I'm conflicted about this episode. I didn't like most of it, since I'm kinda getting tired of Rebecca being super crazy in an effort to spend just a little time with Josh, and the songs weren't that great, but every moment of White Josh and Darryl was so amazing and adorable I was just giggling about it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Phoon posted:

The prostitute breaking up marriages thing is amazing

I've clearly forgotten about this prostitute, somebody fill me in?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

I've clearly forgotten about this prostitute, somebody fill me in?

At the end of the episode George and two other window cleaners sit at the bar discussing things they saw/overheard that day one of which was the prostitute.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Right, but I'm assuming this prostitute is someone we know?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

Valencia, I hope

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

blue squares posted:

I feel like Greg's being much meaner than he should be.

PittTheElder posted:

No, but men leaving their wives for a prostitute is a running joke.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 24, 2016

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah there's been two stings where a man breaks down and reveals he is leaving his wife for a prostitute and now we know it might be the same prostitute.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

blue squares posted:

I'm not looking forward to the next episode for this reason.

I love the fact that Rebecca is going to make everyone in town rich somehow.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I sorta like that NASA control center Paula set up. At first you'd think that it's just something in someones (probably Rebeccas) imagination but then other people show up there and you notice that all this literally happened.
Paula is a bit scary.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

I was actually kinda disappointed in that, only because Modern Family had done the exact same bit before.

What redeemed it for me was Paula routinely using the wrong terms in her analogies, which is perfectly coherent with someone who is just hooked on Ed Harris's performance.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Now that CBS/CW are crossing over Flash and Supergirl, can we get a Limitless/Crazy Ex Girlfriend crossover? I want to see her cartoon machinations encounter his.
>:[ You all know I'm right!!!!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Well, someone asked Bloom for that crossover on twitter once. So the idea is out there.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'd be more interested in having a full CW Crazy Ex-Girlfriend/Jane the Virgin team-up two-part spectacular.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Flight of the Conchords crossover is what is really needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY8jaGs7xJ0

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I gotta know what's up with Trent!!!!!

edit oh no

edit I think Trent only has that one outfit

Brock Samson fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 1, 2016

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

:tviv:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

AAAAAAAAAAAH YOU GUYUUUUUUUS

oh greg :(

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
That definitely felt like a season finale

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

JakeP posted:

That definitely felt like a season finale

Yeah, it's obvious they thought they were ending the series or season here.

I love how the preview for next week has her going broke, after spending outrageous amounts all season. This show's great because it actually has consequences for the typical romantic comedy shenanigans you see in shows and movies like this.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Definitely a huge plot heavy, loose ends tying up while still making a cliffhanger episode. I loved it.

I loved every part of the story because I'm a hopeless sap. I loved the music because I listen to Les Mis basically all the time and Heather's reprise was great.

I love everything about Darryl and White Josh, even though I find it hard to watch people being awkward so those scenes can be a little cringy. I loved when the dude said that Josh was out of his league, and Josh got really mad. His face in that moment was awesome.

The whole thing with Trent I could take or leave. It doesn't help at all that earlier today that I watched this documentary about college rape and they talked about coersion, so I just found it is creepy-uncomfortable rather than creepy-funny. Also it was obvious basically immediately that he was going to produce some evidence to help them win the case, especially when Rebecca was talking about needing that ONE piece of evidence to win. It was very cliche in a show that is normally anything but.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Air is lava! posted:

But maybe she gets ridiculously lucky and the guy has a major cursh on her since college.
Called it! Wow, that guy is so creepy. Trying to start a relationship by blackmail until Stockholm syndrome kicks in is not a healthy choice.

Brock Samson posted:

edit I think Trent only has that one outfit
He lives in LA and didn't plan ahead, so he didn't actually bring any spare clothes for squatting in Rebeccas house.

"He's way out of your league! Nice job."

Also, I like Audra. "This is what happy feels like." I hope she turns up again sometime.

Asiina posted:

The whole thing with Trent I could take or leave. It doesn't help at all that earlier today that I watched this documentary about college rape and they talked about coersion, so I just found it is creepy-uncomfortable rather than creepy-funny.
Trent worked well for me. In any other show he would just be creepy. But here he is basically a parody of Rebecca herself. Showing up out of nowhere after the slightest hint of affection, being irritatibly nice to her, helping her with her job, showing up in her apartment and writing the letter. He is just one degree creepier than her.
And unlike her, he didn't even lie.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 1, 2016

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Air is lava! posted:

Also, I like Audra. "This is what happy feels like." I hope she turns up again sometime.

I hope that in some episode next season they end up in some other little town in California and she's there with some guy in the background dressed all casual drinking bubble tea and it's not mentioned AT ALL.

Corley
Feb 2, 2010

Minus the whole stalker thing and the turtlenecks, Trent is a pretty amazing boyfriend.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Trent stuff wasn't weird because she had her bathing suit on.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Was Greg crushing ice with a big kitchen knife? Is that a thing people do? That seems like such a bad idea for several reasons.

Also Bloom just uploaded the explicit version of that rap battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TQmo5TvZQY

That song really benefits from a second watch. Between the fast talk and the Yiddish the first time I understood basically nothing. Seing the lyrics really helps too.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's funny the lyric is technically "...ya dead, see. Word."

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Trent is basically Rebecca's Rebecca. But yeah he comes off like really creepy so I'm glad he stuck around only for the laughs and not full on creeper.

And this is episode 13 so if that was all they had that was gonna be the finale, but I'm glad it's not.

White Josh and Daryl are the couple I didn't know I needed to exist. Practically tied with Rebecca and Josh honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Someone in the izombie thread said this show was good. I'm liking it. Those ratings numbers are not pretty though. :(

• Locked thread