Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Deadly Mongoose posted:

About drat time rockstar:

How long you're in for, buddy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Deadly Mongoose posted:

About drat time rockstar:

For what?

Can someone come on mumble right about now? I am lonely, and the single LLJK dude online refuse to answer me.

Taking a break, noone came online :(

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 3, 2016

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

The one guy who's been successfully ducking and dodging Rockstar's banhammer finally got twhacked.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

SisterFister posted:

Someone was being a non-fun-liking bitch. His name rhymes with Baptacular

I'll give an additional hint.. his name also rhymes with Cuntacular.

Wait that doesn't rhyme at all. Oh well.

Fun playlist last night guys. If we wrangle up another 8 I think I'd be down for some more hunting party and golf kart madness.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

lol you guys get butthurt way too easily

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

How long you're in for, buddy?

I got Buck Rodgers time:

But I will always be on Coupe's mind:

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Craptacular posted:

lol you guys get butthurt way too easily

Lol you're a passive aggressive old gently caress who throws a tantrum if things aren't going just like he wants it. Go back to petitioning rockstar to add in property taxes and fuel surcharges you twat.

In other news; playlists will be ran tonight most likely. Fun people are encouraged to attend.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Whatever he did quicksand, he's evidently not wrong.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Stop it! I hate it when you fight!

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Deadly Mongoose posted:

I got Buck Rodgers time:

:( :( :(

Deadly Mongoose posted:

But I will always be on Coupe's mind

You know it bb
:love: :love: :love:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Deadly Mongoose posted:

I got Buck Rodgers time:

Man, I've never seen an outright permaban. Longest I see are ten year bans for third time offenders. What did you do :ohdear:

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Photoshop credit to my roommate Kota.

Announcing the first annual Goonball Run Celebrity Charity Event to Needlessly Endanger the Public and Benefit Kids With rear end Cancer 5000! Now with 100% complete rules!

Saturday March 5th 9pm CST (March 6th 4pm New Zealand/ 3am UTC).

To keep with the movie themed events I'm styling this after Cannonball Run and Gumball Rally.

Teams of two will compete in a race broken into sections by checkpoints. Each section is scored individually. There will be Challenges at each checkpoint that either give extra points or a head start in the next section.

Teams:
The Teams will consist of a Driver and Co-driver. The Driver will drive the Team Vehicle in all stages of the Race. The Co-driver is responsible for driving or piloting all vehicles in all Challenges between Checkpoints. Both team members must be in the Team Vehicle as it crosses the Finish Line for each section to receive points. The Teams do not need to be random, so feel free to recruit!

Team Vehicles:
The Vehicle will be a ground vehicle taken off the street. Team may do appearance and performance mods only. No Armor or Bulletproof Tires. Performance mods shall not exceed the fourth bar of the performance meter in ‘Top Speed’ and ‘Acceleration’. Repairs can be made at any time during the race sections. In the event that a Team Vehicle is destroyed a temporary replacement can be commandeered. Time will then be given at the next checkpoint for the Team to locally source a permanent replacement and to modify it to Spec.

Theme:
Teams will decide on a theme and dress appropriately and choose a vehicle based on that theme. Points will be awarded on creativity and absurdity. There will also be a Racer's Choice bonus where players will vote on their favorite team.

Combat:
Don't be like me! No explosives. No Heavy Revolver or AP Pistol due to their chance of exploding unarmored vehicles. No gunfire near the Start/Finish lines; I will be in a Helicopter, if I'm landed I'm the judge, if I'm in the air I didn't see nothing.

Checkpoint Challenges:
These are secret and will be unveiled at each checkpoint. Be ready for anything!

Police and Wanted Levels:
No calling Lester for removing wanted levels or cops turn a blind eye. This is an illegal race, and your high priced lawyers will get it all swept under the rug later.

The Race:
The race will consist of 6 Sections that start and end at a parking lot. At the beginning of each Section I will tell you the location of the next Checkpoint to mark on your map. Some starts will be standing starts while others the Team can leave as soon as they are done with their Challenge. The Finish line for each section will be the parking lot entrance I am near.

Scoring:
Points will be awarded for position at the end of each section.

Gentlemen, start you engines!

Stormangel fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 4, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I had no idea this was ever a thing

https://gfycat.com/WildBlindAzurewingedmagpie

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
https://gfycat.com/GloomyUnripeKissingbug

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Deadly Mongoose posted:

I got Buck Rodgers time:

RIP. Also holy gently caress I'm 3rd on this list.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Stormangel posted:

Photoshop credit to my roommate Kota.

Announcing the first annual Goonball Run Celebrity Charity Event to Needlessly Endanger the Public and Benefit Kids With rear end Cancer 5000! Now with 100% complete rules!

Saturday March 5th 9pm CST (March 6th 4pm New Zealand/ 3am UTC).

To keep with the movie themed events I'm styling this after Cannonball Run and Gumball Rally.

Teams of two will compete in a race broken into sections by checkpoints. Each section is scored individually. There will be Challenges at each checkpoint that either give extra points or a head start in the next section.

Teams:
The Teams will consist of a Driver and Co-driver. The Driver will drive the Team Vehicle in all stages of the Race. The Co-driver is responsible for driving or piloting all vehicles in all Challenges between Checkpoints. Both team members must be in the Team Vehicle as it crosses the Finish Line for each section to receive points. The Teams do not need to be random, so feel free to recruit!

Team Vehicles:
The Vehicle will be a ground vehicle taken off the street. Team may do appearance and performance mods only. No Armor or Bulletproof Tires. Performance mods shall not exceed the fourth bar of the performance meter in ‘Top Speed’ and ‘Acceleration’. Repairs can be made at any time during the race sections. In the event that a Team Vehicle is destroyed a temporary replacement can be commandeered. Time will then be given at the next checkpoint for the Team to locally source a permanent replacement and to modify it to Spec.

Theme:
Teams will decide on a theme and dress appropriately and choose a vehicle based on that theme. Points will be awarded on creativity and absurdity. There will also be a Racer's Choice bonus where players will vote on their favorite team.

Combat:
Don't be like me! No explosives. No Heavy Revolver or AP Pistol due to their chance of exploding unarmored vehicles. No gunfire near the Start/Finish lines; I will be in a Helicopter, if I'm landed I'm the judge, if I'm in the air I didn't see nothing.

Checkpoint Challenges:
These are secret and will be unveiled at each checkpoint. Be ready for anything!

Police and Wanted Levels:
No calling Lester for removing wanted levels or cops turn a blind eye. This is an illegal race, and your high priced lawyers will get it all swept under the rug later.

The Race:
The race will consist of 6 Sections that start and end at a parking lot. At the beginning of each Section I will tell you the location of the next Checkpoint to mark on your map. Some starts will be standing starts while others the Team can leave as soon as they are done with their Challenge. The Finish line for each section will be the parking lot entrance I am near.

Scoring:
Points will be awarded for position at the end of each section.

Gentlemen, start you engines!

I tried this a while ago, I was just going to use this race (as a rally) http://rsg.ms/9c9298d. nobody showed up :smith:
you can use the image if you want.

http://i.imgur.com/sYGSKi7.jpg

e:
mashed them up

Jose Mengelez fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 4, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

so good

also, in unrelated news
https://zippy.gfycat.com/ReflectingUnluckyGossamerwingedbutterfly.webm

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
It's another theme week!

In other words, it's a normal payout week.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I got excited for a second because I thought Hunting Pack was a versus type, but it's not. :rip:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Psion posted:

I got excited for a second because I thought Hunting Pack was a versus type, but it's not. :rip:

I really want to see their numbers on how popular Versus modes are, because I think they are (almost) all basically horrible unfun poo poo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

BitBasher posted:

I really want to see their numbers on how popular Versus modes are, because I think they are (almost) all basically horrible unfun poo poo.

see also LTS, Capture (Hold, Raid, Contend), most Adversarials that aren't Hunting Pack or house-ruled Extraction, every 10000000$/RP race ever, uhhh

well, I like parachuting?

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Psion posted:

I don't now how you could possibly confuse Versus Mission (where teams of players fight each other to achieve their team's objective) with Adversary Mode (where teams of players fight each other to achieve their team's objective). Head in the game, Psion!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Someone ask me out to prom

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'd buy combat a helicopter or two on my alt if I had any money :(

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I already own all the combat helicopters except the Annihilator. :ohdear:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Buzzard is still the go-to, right?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

This will be a fun weekend to romp around in a hydra.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

SplitSoul posted:

In my opinion, absolutely.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

SplitSoul posted:

I switch between it and the Savage. Mission with lots of targets in one area at the same time? Savage. Mission with just a few moving targets? Buzzard.

Judging the Jury for example, the Buzzard is great. Los Santos Connection, the Savage is better due to man spam.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Akion posted:

I already own all the combat helicopters except the Annihilator. :ohdear:

Nobody needs an Annihilator, it is the worst. I have one, but only because back when the game launched it was the only helicopter that would seat 6 players.

SplitSoul posted:

Depends on what you want / are doing, I think.

Buzzard pros: fast, agile, easy to fly
Cons: rocket cooldown, huge bubble window to get shot through, useless cannon

Savage pros: can fire a lot of rockets quickly, harder to get shot out of with small arms, explosive cannon rounds
cons: Slow and hard to maneuver

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

All of the above are why it will be a good time to be a hydra pilot :coal:

buzzards to shoot everywhere!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Buzzard also is free to call in when you're a VIP, which is a very nice benefit and you should take advantage. If you are only buying one or you are buying your first helicopter, go Buzzard in my opinion! The Savage is oddly fragile and that's really annoying, btw.

eventually you should own a Buzzard, Savage, Valkyrie, and Hydra or else :corsair:

Akion posted:

I switch between it and the Savage. Mission with lots of targets in one area at the same time? Savage. Mission with just a few moving targets? Buzzard.

Judging the Jury for example, the Buzzard is great. Los Santos Connection, the Savage is better due to man spam.

UNATCO? Savage. UNATCO? Savage. UNATCO? No, Savage.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 4, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Tonight I hit lvl 100 and also bought myself a yacht, Hydra and Buzzard after another player who I have totally never met before honest made a foolishly large wager on an impromptu race.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 5, 2016

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Tonight I hit lvl 100 and also bought myself a yacht, Hydra and Buzzard after another player who I have totally never met before honest made a foolishly large wager on an impromptu race.

You can bet above 10k on impromptu races? What is the max?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Deadly Mongoose posted:

You can bet above 10k on impromptu races? What is the max?

...$15,000,000?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

:raise:

was it Criminal Masterminds, one lap only? Was it

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

...$15,000,000?

That's actually the new money hack going around. It involves editing the tunables with Cheat Engine.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Oh neat! Sign me up for that junk.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

T1g4h posted:

That's actually the new money hack going around. It involves editing the tunables with Cheat Engine.

Yep. You can grab a CE tunables script and either set up an impromptu race with another person for a $15 mil wager or set up a short race by your lonesome (Criminal Records, Turn to Dust, etc) and set a multiplier for that same amount.

I expect the former to get fixed by a hard cap (maybe $10k or $25k, because Rockstar Hates Fun™) and the latter by the usual round of banhammering and anti-cheat magicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Coupe might have hit a milestone recently with his rank 500, but I hit an important milestone too:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/FoolhardyShadowyBighorn.webm

33.333% of my lifetime, right there.

• Locked thread