Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

goldblums eyes posted:

And uhhh, I'm new but love dirt and wanna know names from the last 2 years that I'd recognize. Who's in love with Tina Turner?
...Like, pro player-wise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

symbolic posted:

...Like, pro player-wise?

ya

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Uhhh, okay. I'm still slightly confused though: Are you asking for pro players that are still playing that you know from the tail end of Source and 1.6, or are you asking for players that you should get to know?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
im a bird again so matchmaking is good and balanced

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

symbolic posted:

Uhhh, okay. I'm still slightly confused though: Are you asking for pro players that are still playing that you know from the tail end of Source and 1.6, or are you asking for players that you should get to know?

No lol im asking about players in the last two years that are known for abusing amphetamines

E: oh woah, I thought tina turner was a popular phrase for speed, but i looked on urbandictionary and only one result showed up. ya, speed + cs players is what i wanted to know

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 12, 2016

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

goldblums eyes posted:

No lol im asking about players in the last two years that are known for abusing amphetamines

all of them dude. all of them. litereally every counterstrike player youve heard of in the last 15 years has done amphetamines at a lan at some point.

everyone knew this like 15 yearsa go

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

goldblums eyes posted:

Oh, okay, duh.

Essentially the Adderall scandal itself involved the early 2015 Cloud9 team: n0thing, shroud, seang@res, Shahzam, and Semphis. Beyond that, I can't think of any pro players that were explicitly said to be taking amphetamines, though that may be because I've only followed the pro scene since Dreamhack Winter 2014.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

goldblums eyes posted:

Semphis of ex-Cloud9 fame slipped out that his team was using Adderall during ESL Katowice 2015. That's the only public case.

Smol fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 12, 2016

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Smol posted:

Semphis of ex-Cloud9 fame slipped out that his team was using Adderall during ESL Katowice 2015. That's the only public case.

That was the one video i remember seeing, he said they were all on adderall.

goldblums eyes posted:

my dumb question wasn't fully answered and I'm curious. Are there urine tests now at major tourneys?

Is basically what I want to know

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

goldblums eyes posted:

Is basically what I want to know
I think at ESL tournaments, yes. Beyond that, no idea.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Audax posted:

I had a Mionix Naos that I liked but was getting a little crampy. I decided to splurge and get another one and got myself a Castor. Sweet lord, this mouse is heaven. If anyone wants something else besides the standard logitech/steelseries stuff, get one of these.

stop it guys you are making me miss my mionix and its sweet contours

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Smol posted:

gently caress all other mice but Zowie. They're lightweight, have good sensors that don't lose you rounds and don't need lovely software to change DPI.

Could you recommend a zowie mouse? I miss my steelseries sensei raw, but they don't make the version I had anymore (the one they make is ridicuously heavy)

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 12, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Smithereens posted:

stop it guys you are making me miss my mionix and its sweet contours

theres a couple up on this page if you miss it badly enough

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

Could you recommend a zowie mouse? I miss my steelseries sensei raw, but they don't make the version I had anymore (the one they make is ridicuously heavy)

I have an EC2-A which is good for people with smaller hands. Even though I'm a bad player, I like it a lot, it's comfortable. I hear good things about the FK1/FK2 models also. Not sure about anything else.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

NtotheTC posted:

Can't you just open the mouse up and remove the weight they put in it?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
There's been a small spike in vac bans the last couple of days, looks like a new hack was detected

all I want is a proper vac wave, is that really too much to ask¨

e: help im banned

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 12, 2016

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Smol posted:

gently caress all other mice but Zowie. They're lightweight, have good sensors that don't lose you rounds and don't need lovely software to change DPI.

That video shows exactly what my Deathadder does all the time. Except mine usually snaps up instead of down, maybe because I play reverse.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

qhat posted:

Can't you just open the mouse up and remove the weight they put in it?

I had no idea that that was even a thing. That's loving daft.

But in all honesty, my last Sensei broke in an infuriating way (would constantly disconnect then reconnect, usually at vital points), so I don't really trust Steelseries anymore.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Smol posted:

NtotheTC posted:

MrSmokes posted:

I have an EC2-A which is good for people with smaller hands. Even though I'm a bad player, I like it a lot, it's comfortable. I hear good things about the FK1/FK2 models also. Not sure about anything else.

For real, I will never go to another mouse brand ever again since coming over to Zowie from a SteelSeries Sensei Raw (and a Rival that died after only a couple months). I have an FK-1, and I have smaller hands so it's the perfect size and outperforms my old Sensei like no ones business.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

ZA11/12/13 if you use palm grip, FK2 if you use claw grip.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Smol posted:

ZA11/12/13 if you use palm grip, FK2 if you use claw grip.

And these mice are free from that horribly buggy snapping to top/bottom?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

For real, I will never go to another mouse brand ever again since coming over to Zowie from a SteelSeries Sensei Raw (and a Rival that died after only a couple months). I have an FK-1, and I have smaller hands so it's the perfect size and outperforms my old Sensei like no ones business.

g502 is legit, bro. If you liked the g5 or the mx518 this is the spiritual and performance-wise successor. The beauty of it is it grips your hand like no other mouse I've ever used so you have very precise aim.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
G502 is only good for palming if you have trump sized hands, my middle finger drags in front the heel of my palm drags in the back and my pinky doesn't have anywhere to sit on the mouse.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I have a $20 mouse from Amazon that flashes in pretty colors. :unsmith:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
No wonder you can't aim

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Spiros posted:

g502 is legit, bro. If you liked the g5 or the mx518 this is the spiritual and performance-wise successor. The beauty of it is it grips your hand like no other mouse I've ever used so you have very precise aim.

I need a mouse. Not an alien space ship. That's one reason why I have been turned off by the majority of Logitech products (except for the new G810 keyboard, because it actually looks loving normal).

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

No wonder you can't aim
I'm not buying an entirely different mouse for one game, so if I'm eternally terrible at CS, so be it.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I need a mouse. Not an alien space ship. That's one reason why I have been turned off by the majority of Logitech products (except for the new G810 keyboard, because it actually looks loving normal).

naos 3200 bruh

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

henne posted:

G502 is only good for palming if you have trump sized hands, my middle finger drags in front the heel of my palm drags in the back and my pinky doesn't have anywhere to sit on the mouse.

I have huge hands tho

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

henne posted:

i also have these complaints except for the heel of the palm thing

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

Spiros posted:

I have huge hands tho

Do you palm it?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Spiros posted:

I have huge hands tho

Naos. If they're >19cm you'll enjoy it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Masturbation and decreased performance in cs:goDiscussion (self.GlobalOffensive)
submitted 3 hours ago by Tk_-
DISCLAIMER: This is a serious topic

I've always masturbated quite frequently throughout my week and whenever I "get off" I feel relieved as one should. But what if this is decreasing my accuracy or reaction times when it comes to CS:GO? A very famous fighter that goes by the name Muhammad Ali said that he would never "make love" to his wife while training or getting prepared for a fight, this would in-turn make his fighting better as I will explain.When you ejaculate you release a hormone called "Testosterone", when this is released you would naturally feel better and calmer. This is not what a fighter like Muhammad Ali would want, he would want to be on his toes and ready for whatever comes at him. So why not apply this logic to CS:GO and other games who require concentration to play? Has there been any evidence towards this kind of issue? Maybe this is all irrelevant and I am in no way saying you should stop masturbating saying it would make you better at CS:GO, but maybe it could.

NSFW118 commentssharesavehidegive goldreport

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
reddit ftw

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Kiss your gf for good luck before a game? I will enjoy the easy win.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

The Ferret King posted:

And these mice are free from that horribly buggy snapping to top/bottom?

Yes. I've used both FK2 and ZA12 and they've never done that, while my Rival does all the time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Spiros posted:

I have huge hands tho

Can you palm a basketball? I can, but I also play with a claw grip. Mouse is a CM Xornet to accommodate my weird grip.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Just get a Deathadder

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

mcvey posted:

Just get a Deathadder

Yeah this. I have big hands also and the deathadder is perfect for palming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
So I just bought one key and this happened.