Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Horn posted:

What are you using for docker images? I have emby, sonarr, couchpotato, nzbget, and deluge containers from these guys and it's all been pretty simple to setup.

My setup is bit convoluted right now though. I'm running VMWare ESX and my docker host is just a linux vm. My file server is another VM so for I have a samba share mounted on the docker container that points to the file server for emby, sonnar, and cp to do their thing.

I'm looking at moving over to unraid since I don't really need vmware but I don't really want to reconfigure things :effort:

I'm not using Docker. I'm using containers within Proxmox (LXC?) I'm looking to have a similar setup to yours. Containers for the apps and a full blown vm for the files.

Maybe I'll start looking for solution that supports Docker. I hadn't realized unraid had made so many improvements. I don't really need nas functionality though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

Tantalus posted:

Anyone know of a decent guide for installing nzbget/sonarr...etc in containers? Specifically Proxmox with Ubuntu 14.04. I'm not much of a Linux guy and I'm struggling getting these working with the instructions for a full OS. I'm hoping someone has a write up that will point out what I'm missing.
Most containers come with their own setup guides. Try using the Readme for whatever container you want to try out in conjunction with the official Docker docs? The only slightly tricky things are making them keep the same IP after restarts, and getting them to run with the correct UID/GID to work with your files. The Linux thread is your friend once you have some specific questions.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

It ended up being user error. I now have nzbget/sonarr/cp/plex all running from containers in Proxmox. I still need to get them all configured and see whether they still play nice with each other, but for now, I'm back on track.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
So Couchpotato seems to have crapped out on me again. I need something that will rename the files that CP would normally handle so that Plex can pick them up. Ideally, it would offer an interface for automatic searches, but I'm will to do my own search if there's a SABNzbd script that will do the job.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Just fix your CouchPotato setup

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Uninstall CP, install nzbget and the videosort script.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Did nzbget get the capability to join split files yet?

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

The Modern Leper posted:

So Couchpotato seems to have crapped out on me again. I need something that will rename the files that CP would normally handle so that Plex can pick them up. Ideally, it would offer an interface for automatic searches, but I'm will to do my own search if there's a SABNzbd script that will do the job.

SAB renames my movie files for me. Just add a movies category to SAB and enable movie sorting.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Burden posted:

SAB renames my movie files for me. Just add a movies category to SAB and enable movie sorting.

:doh: Thank you.

Keito: While "fix it" is an incredibly helpful piece of advice, it's difficult to follow when (a) literally nothing changed before it happened and (b) the program's response to adversity is to poo poo out five lines of Python-related error message.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
The problem is most likely mentioned in those shat out lines of errors. Unless you have auto updates from git enabled I don't see how or why it'd just kill itself.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Working from the Windows executable, so it's a closed environment. A Google search suggests that it's happened to others, but no word on cause or solution.

CP isn't that important to my process, so it's not a big deal. Sonarr is great because it's easier and offers more useful options than RSS. CouchPotato doesn't do anything that I couldn't do by a one-time search.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

kri kri posted:

Is nzbget a replacement for sabnzbd?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is nzbget a replacement for sabnzbd?

Yes.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Videosort is pretty great, I've never had an issue with it.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So what's the best way to stream videos from my PC to my iPhone or laptop? I don't keep a library of anything I download, just watch once and delete, so nzbget just dumps everything into one single download folder. I'd like something I can run in the background/as a service that just watches this single folder and then I can download some app or something on my iPhone and stream whatever videos are in this folder when I'm in bed and don't feel like sitting at my desk. I don't really care about metadata or any bells and whistles since like I said I just delete everything after a single viewing anyways.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 13, 2016

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

So what's the best way to stream videos from my PC to my iPhone or laptop? I don't keep a library of anything I download, just watch once and delete, so nzbget just dumps everything into one single download folder. I'd like something I can run in the background/as a service that just watches this single folder and then I can download some app or something on my iPhone and stream whatever videos are in this folder when I'm in bed and don't feel like sitting at my desk. I don't really care about metadata or any bells and whistles since like I said I just delete everything after a single viewing anyways.

I use Plex myself but that might be a bit overkill for you but it does streaming and can transcode the video if your device or connection can't support it.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Plex, even if you're just watching once and deleting. I do that routinely with my laptop when I'm away from my home server.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Emby is also good. I prefer its web client to Plex's.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Thermopyle posted:

Emby is also good. I prefer its web client to Plex's.

Did they ever fix the web client's playback issue? I'd start a video but the loading icon would spin continuously until I refreshed the page.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I cant tell if my ISP is throttling supernews or their system is slow today.

Backup servers are helpful!

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 14, 2016

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Can I force Sonarr to recreate all the Kodi metadata for my shows? I've got a lot of old and incomplete stuff from my old Sickbeard install.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

bigis posted:

Can I force Sonarr to recreate all the Kodi metadata for my shows? I've got a lot of old and incomplete stuff from my old Sickbeard install.

Just tried it and this is what I did:

Enable Kodi metadata in the settings menu and then click on the "update series info and scan disc" icon at the top of each show on your series screen.

[edit] Clicking the "Update Library" at the top of the page does it all at once.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Just let kodi do it.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Thanks. Does it matter if I do it in Kodi or Sonarr? I just do it in Sonarr so that it's one less thing for my RPi to do.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
You'll clutter up your media folders with lots of metadata that will get outdated fast if you don't continually update it for slightly faster addition into the media center.

Don't really see the appeal unless you want to be more resilient against site downtime, the scraping is quick enough even on RPis. Maybe if I had a LOT of clients I'd use it, but at that point you're better off storing it all in a central MySQL database or using Emby.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Did they ever fix the web client's playback issue? I'd start a video but the loading icon would spin continuously until I refreshed the page.

I've never had that problem. Sounds like a permissions issue to me, but you'd have to look at the log when it played to be sure.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

This stuff should be going in the proper threads, but you can have Emby hide your metadata (this is what I do) and they have an option to keep metadate up to date as well, so I am not sure what "outdated fast" means.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

kri kri posted:

This stuff should be going in the proper threads, but you can have Emby hide your metadata (this is what I do) and they have an option to keep metadate up to date as well, so I am not sure what "outdated fast" means.

Emby can keep all the metadata within its own database so why do you need it duplicated in more locations? I don't get what practical application that's supposed to have

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

kri kri posted:

they have an option to keep metadate up to date as well

Wait. What. Where?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

I've never had that problem. Sounds like a permissions issue to me, but you'd have to look at the log when it played to be sure.

Definitely wasn't. Plex used the same permissions and never hit it. One of the reasons why I went back to Plex.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Definitely wasn't. Plex used the same permissions and never hit it. One of the reasons why I went back to Plex.

Probably an ffmpeg issue then. If Emby can't execute the ffmpeg and ffprobe binaries it won't be getting much done.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Well, I'm just saying it's not a general Emby issue...or hasn't been in the past 6 months at least, there's something specific about your environment or something. Anyway, not the emby thread. Here's the emby thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753964

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

Well, I'm just saying it's not a general Emby issue...or hasn't been in the past 6 months at least, there's something specific about your environment or something. Anyway, not the emby thread. Here's the emby thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753964

Thanks, but not needed. Since I went back to Plex it's been gravy. I had more issues with Emby but the browser playback was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Keito posted:

Probably an ffmpeg issue then. If Emby can't execute the ffmpeg and ffprobe binaries it won't be getting much done.

It worked after refreshing the page then so I'm not 100% sure why, but again, I'm on Plex now and everything is fine.

Anyways, is Blocknews still the go-to for block plans for backup use?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Anyone ever experienced problems with nzbget on windows 10?

I used nzbget years ago on a macbook, but for some reason I didn't like it on windows. Recently I reformatted my PC and was in the middle of installing everything again and I decided to give nzbget a go.

When downloading, CPU % spikes from 8 to 16. During those spikes my computer seems to pause for a moment and the cursor freezes for a split second. In the task manager disk usage also looks like this

Also (and the reason I specified windows 10), antimalware service executable constantly uses 7% cpu as nzbget is downloading.

What the hell is going on? Haven't changed any settings for nzbget on install except directory scan (disabled). Everything is on a 500gb samsung evo ssd, but the download directory is a 1gb hdd.

I've never had a problem with sabnzbd and its bugging the gently caress out of me because according to everyone nzbget is supposed to be most responsive and lighter on resources

e: no wait I don't think nzbget is installed as service

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 15, 2016

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Keito posted:

Emby can keep all the metadata within its own database so why do you need it duplicated in more locations? I don't get what practical application that's supposed to have

Duplicated where? I prefer to have my metadata stored alongside my media.

Thermopyle posted:

Wait. What. Where?

Well jokes on me, I swear it used to be in the settings but I can't find it. I will keep looking.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 15, 2016

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

kri kri posted:

Duplicated where? I prefer to have my metadata stored alongside my media.
Duplicated when you scan your files and it throws a copy of everything into its central database. Whatever, as long as it makes you happy I think you should keep going.

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Anyone ever experienced problems with nzbget on windows 10?

I used nzbget years ago on a macbook, but for some reason I didn't like it on windows. Recently I reformatted my PC and was in the middle of installing everything again and I decided to give nzbget a go.

When downloading, CPU % spikes from 8 to 16. During those spikes my computer seems to pause for a moment and the cursor freezes for a split second. In the task manager disk usage also looks like this

Also (and the reason I specified windows 10), antimalware service executable constantly uses 7% cpu as nzbget is downloading.

What the hell is going on? Haven't changed any settings for nzbget on install except directory scan (disabled). Everything is on a 500gb samsung evo ssd, but the download directory is a 1gb hdd.

I've never had a problem with sabnzbd and its bugging the gently caress out of me because according to everyone nzbget is supposed to be most responsive and lighter on resources

e: no wait I don't think nzbget is installed as service

I had this, I can't remember exactly how I solved it but I think a stopgap way to solve it was to put the power settings to high performance temporarily. I have a feeling that the cause was something to do with power management of the hard drive and fiddling with the settings made it go away. I can't remember exactly which settings were needed though, sorry.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Using CentOS is there some sort of repository for Sabnzbd, Sonarr and Couchpotato? Sabnzbd recently released 1.0 and their RHEL/CentOS repository is still 7.# and throwing errors about libpython26.

I got so lazy on Arch since everything is on the AUR. As it stands right now I have the services running, just they're done via tarballs rather than being capable of updating over time.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

kri kri posted:

The worst part is both CP and videosort don't support sorting via genre :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

JoeMB posted:

I use Plex myself but that might be a bit overkill for you but it does streaming and can transcode the video if your device or connection can't support it.

The iOS Plex app requires a $5 monthly subscription though? Yeah no I'm not paying $5 a month to stream my own things on my own wifi network.