Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

all those cameras and their animation still looks like wank

They got rid of those cameras and bought like 4 more sets of more expensive ones. It is like infinity mo-cap pools over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

all those cameras and their animation still looks like wank

Those are for her profile.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

orcinus posted:

Those are for her profile.

They take pictures from 20 years in the past? No wonder they cost so much.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Sedisp posted:

it's a drinking horn, which he then pours a Japanese drink for kids into.

Matt Barton has been doing "Matt Chat" for years. He's probably the most widely respected video game historian in the world. He's written 4 (now 5 one is at the publisher) books on the subject. His viewers asked him to try the drink. He usually reviews alcoholic beverages in his drinking horn. He has a PhD and he's also a friend of mine. The Japanese Drink Ramun or whatever the hell it was is a little joke, but not nearly as bad of a joke as Star Citizen is. Matt and I had discussed previously (about January I believe) Rob Irving being interviewed and whether or not Irving was under an NDA.

Matt's a little silly, but he isn't an idiot. He's interviewed most of the fathers and mothers of video gaming including Ralph Baer. He's got more video game cred than anyone working on Star Citizen that's for drat sure. I did give him a lot of hell about opening the bottle which was funny to watch.

It certainly would be interesting to see him interview Derek Smart.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there any plans to make parts of Squadron 42 available for backers? If CIG really wants to show that they are making real progress on this they should release the game to backs in small chunks where they can see the storyline and missions. Since the game is supposedly going to be "finished" this year as they have promised multiple times, this shouldn't be an issue.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ravane posted:

LMAOOOO! Are you guys doxxing my fake twitter account? Hahahaha.

Is that actually you, because if it is that's hilarious.

Almost as hilarious as it would have been if Derek pissed off a crazy old green beret on the internet.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Are there any plans to make parts of Squadron 42 available for backers? If CIG really wants to show that they are making real progress on this they should release the game to backs in small chunks where they can see the storyline and missions. Since the game is supposedly going to be "finished" this year as they have promised multiple times, this shouldn't be an issue.

LOL

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ravane posted:

you can't shart the smart

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

Darkpriest667 posted:

Matt Barton has been doing "Matt Chat" for years. He's probably the most widely respected video game historian in the world. He's written 4 (now 5 one is at the publisher) books on the subject. His viewers asked him to try the drink. He usually reviews alcoholic beverages in his drinking horn. He has a PhD and he's also a friend of mine. The Japanese Drink Ramun or whatever the hell it was is a little joke, but not nearly as bad of a joke as Star Citizen is. Matt and I had discussed previously (about January I believe) Rob Irving being interviewed and whether or not Irving was under an NDA.

Matt's a little silly, but he isn't an idiot. He's interviewed most of the fathers and mothers of video gaming including Ralph Baer. He's got more video game cred than anyone working on Star Citizen that's for drat sure. I did give him a lot of hell about opening the bottle which was funny to watch.

I like that you had to preface your answer with ensuring everyone of Matt's mad industry credz and that he isn't just some quack with a weird horn on his hip.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Hahaha you really don't know? The Squadron 42 everyone is waiting for right now is Squadron 42 Episode ONE. I think they said they were going to break it up into like three chapters or whatever. I honestly don't remember how many but it's supposed to be episodic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

Hahaha you really don't know? The Squadron 42 everyone is waiting for right now is Squadron 42 Episode ONE. I think they said they were going to break it up into like three chapters or whatever. I honestly don't remember how many but it's supposed to be episodic.

Hahaha I honestly did not know this. What a loving disaster.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My state has it's Primary tomorrow, and I've taken to asking Your Candidate Sucks as to whether to vote for Hillary or Bernie.

So far I like the arguments presented by the Bernie-goons more. And yet I have this devil on my shoulder that can't help but say "Why does this remind me so much of the early Star Citizen excitement?"

So thank you thread for making me cynical towards any hope of meaningful political change for the better.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Ravane posted:

We got him :smug:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Beet Wagon posted:

Is that actually you, because if it is that's hilarious.

Almost as hilarious as it would have been if Derek pissed off a crazy old green beret on the internet.

It's actually me, I'm glad that he and Spacetoaster pointed out the flaws in my twitter account as I set it up originally to shitpost on twitter and I had written that Leonard was in his 40's. I quickly deleted those tweets, and did some basic research on the vietnam war in case anyone wanted to challenge me again, haha. My original plan was to slowly shitpost on Sandi's wall until I become well known enough to her (I haven't completely thought this plan through yet though). But I wasn't expecting to be called out so quickly and by loving uncle derek. Thought it would be a shitizen, haha.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Sundowner posted:

I like that you had to preface your answer with ensuring everyone of Matt's mad industry credz and that he isn't just some quack with a weird horn on his hip.

He's not nearly as famous as Derek or Chris. There had to be a historical preface. I'm sorry it hurt your feelings.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

D1E posted:

Remember that after you watch it.

With unlimited production time, the opportunity to script and rehearse responses, the luxury of creative editing and $110 million dollars, this incompetent and incoherent mess is the best Chris Roberts could come up with.

I just watched some of the previous 10FTC and he said they record it on Friday and upload on Monday so on top of the point you made they actually film it 3 days in advance of when it's going live and still manage to release it in the state they've been in.

Darkpriest667 posted:

He's not nearly as famous as Derek or Chris. There had to be a historical preface. I'm sorry it hurt your feelings.
My feelings? No.. but what does his industry cred have to do with just explaining what the open carry weird japanese drinking utensil is? You were almost gushing a little bit, it just stood out to me that's all stop crying.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

So thank you thread for making me cynical towards any hope of meaningful political change for the better.

when george orwell was writing his books he was mainly talking about star citizen i am pretty sure

also, from an australian who doesnt know anythin really, vote bernie

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

My state has it's Primary tomorrow, and I've taken to asking Your Candidate Sucks as to whether to vote for Hillary or Bernie.

So far I like the arguments presented by the Bernie-goons more. And yet I have this devil on my shoulder that can't help but say "Why does this remind me so much of the early Star Citizen excitement?"

Write in Chris Roberts, if he has to quit to be president then maybe Star Citizen can be finished.

Imagine... Chris Roberts' campaign promises :allears:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Oh no. More pre-alpha space game video.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

SirPhoebos posted:

Tbh, Bernie supporters like to say it'll be the end of the world if you vote for Hillary, but I think we'll all be fine as long as the person who wins isn't trump. Besides the real election that matters is the congressional elections and nobody gives a gently caress about it anyway.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

also, from an australian who doesnt know anythin really...

Are we being too mean to Sandi? Is she really just a prototypical "Aussie chick" that Americans are too prudish to understand?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh man, I remember this, it's worse than you think. Let me quote the full insanity for you:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My understanding, as best I can, is that this is how it will work:

Squadron 42 will be divided into 3 Episodes. Episode 1 is what people are paying for, Episode 2 is what older backers get, Episode 3 everyone pays for.

Episode 1 will be divided into 5 Chapters. Likely backers will only see Chapter 1 this year. Each Chapter has about 15 hours of gameplay.

Dogfighting will be identical to what's already inside Arena Commander.

All of the performance capture done thus far is just for Episode 1.

Here's another question:

[QUESTION] How many actual hours of gameplay will there be in Episode 1 of Squadron 42?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ravane posted:

It's actually me, I'm glad that he and Spacetoaster pointed out the flaws in my twitter account as I set it up originally to shitpost on twitter and I had written that Leonard was in his 40's. I quickly deleted those tweets, and did some basic research on the vietnam war in case anyone wanted to challenge me again, haha. My original plan was to slowly shitpost on Sandi's wall until I become well known enough to her (I haven't completely thought this plan through yet though). But I wasn't expecting to be called out so quickly and by loving uncle derek. Thought it would be a shitizen, haha.

Ask not for whom the valor steals, it steals for thee.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

It's fidelitous I'll give you that but who the heck cares, the Star Citizen Alpha has more content than most fully released games let alone some pithy remake of a game no one cares about... this is all Derek Smart's fault somehow.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ravane posted:

wait, we're not actually a perfectly coordinated hivemind dedicated to Star Citizen's destruction?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/709484120221609989

Uncle Derek is really trying to fight me.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/709484827133812736

https://twitter.com/LeonardSkinly/status/709484944557408256

https://twitter.com/LeonardSkinly/status/709483675084193793

https://twitter.com/LeonardSkinly/status/709481399984599041

https://twitter.com/LeonardSkinly/status/709480840246403072

Ravane fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 14, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!!! Totally called it :)

I think it's probably one of Sandi's or Ben's troll accounts set to tweet adulation :)

https://twitter.com/LeonardSkinly/status/709477010830012416

https://twitter.com/LeonardSkinly/status/709484944557408256

https://twitter.com/LeonardSkinly/status/709481399984599041

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Beet Wagon posted:

It is Monday and I have returned to you, Star Citizen thread.

holy loving duck Christmas

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Darkpriest667 posted:

Matt Barton has been doing "Matt Chat" for years. He's probably the most widely respected video game historian in the world.

LOL

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

:ughh:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

I agree.

And yes, tell Matt I would be delighted to come on the show. OMG!! That would be all kinds of epic and hilarious. We could sell tickets.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jesus loving christ, Derek Smart, you are so dense.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Jesus loving christ, Derek Smart, you are so dense.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

This poo poo right here is why the Romulans keep trying to invade/destroy Earth.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
everything is good

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D1E posted:

Are we being too mean to Sandi? Is she really just a prototypical "Aussie chick" that Americans are too prudish to understand?

as someone who briefly went to the same university as she claims to, the answers are "no" and "sort of" respectively. australians in general i find are more inclined to make fun of one another in thw name of humour - but her special brand of narcissim (and if reports are true, racism and homophobia) is entirely her own.

thats not to say australia doesnt still have some massive underlying cultural racist problems but she's definitely, ironically, a special lovely snowflake

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

Hello primary buddy! I won't weigh in on who you should vote for because FREEDOM, but enjoy your voting tomorrow!

BMan posted:

Oh man, I remember this, it's worse than you think. Let me quote the full insanity for you:

Jesus. Tapdancing. Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Called it :smugdog:

• Locked thread