Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro

quote:

fierycheetos: [QUESTION] Do the cutscenes in Sq42 have a BIG HEAD mode like nba jam? if not can i skip the cutscenes entirely?
Goddamn it you fucks, I'm crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hhahahaha asking a serious question "What are your thoughts on Derek Smart" got me banned

You are banned from talking in cigcommunity for 527 more seconds.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

blueberrysmith posted:

I appreciated that one. It was probably your obscene usage of ALL CAPS, COMMANDO.

Last time I was there I explained why I used all caps, it is so it appears I am shouting so my questions will be noticed above other peoples.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

All the mocap that's been done is for Episode 1.

So does this mean that SQ42 Ep1 is really going to have the full 10 hours of cutscenes, or that they're still only one fifth of the way through filming that massive script? Actually I'm not sure which one of those options is worse...

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Hav posted:

No, the vending machine eventually produced something.

A Chris Roberts vending machine would just print out jpgs of food

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Cinematics guy takes over overall production

o7

Yes, that seems to be the case.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

BMan posted:

So does this mean that SQ42 Ep1 is really going to have the full 10 hours of cutscenes, or that they're still only one fifth of the way through filming that massive script? Actually I'm not sure which one of those options is worse...

Looks like ep1 will have the 10 hours of cutscenes. He talked about bringing the actors back for more mocap for the rest of the episodes.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ash1138 posted:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the gently caress

On a dark corner of his lair, Mark Hamill rubs his hands while grinning subtly. "Ah, things have been going good lately. I should have done that deal with Satan much earlier".

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

vyst posted:

Hhahahaha asking a serious question "What are your thoughts on Derek Smart" got me banned

You are banned from talking in cigcommunity for 527 more seconds.

Troll detected

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Some of these questions are so ridiculous i cant tell if they are trolls.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TTerrible posted:

I wonder why they're looking at doing some stability work on the singleplayer Arena Commander build. Why are they concentrating engineering effort on singleplayer spaceship pew pew in small maps instead of the PT- ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

spacetoaster posted:

[Question] Why hasn't any actual Sq42 game-play been shown at any point so far

HAHAHAHAHA they answered it!

"Just play arena commander."

:smuggo:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh poo poo, they really are ditching Patrick then if all the CM stuff is moving back to Santa Monica.

[QUESTION] If the moderator roles are heading back to California, what's happening to Patrick?

Patrick Probst is at CIG Manchester. Which in actual fact isn't in Manchester.He nearly got canned because of that email fiasco

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DIVORCED_BECAUSE_OF_JPEGS: [QUESTION] Will there be marriage system in this game? If yes, how does it work?

Fuckin lol

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

There is no way they can make this game. Having relative gravity independent of the ships velocity/accel, etc., is not only hard to design conceptually but even worse to think how a computer does it quickly and cheaply (in terms of resource cost) for several objects, not to mention that they want you to be able to transition between the ship and the outside seamlessly. GG.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Romes128 posted:

Looks like ep1 will have the 10 hours of cutscenes. He talked about bringing the actors back for more mocap for the rest of the episodes.

This is insane

trucutru posted:

On a dark corner of his lair, Mark Hamill rubs his hands while grinning subtly. "Ah, things have been going good lately. I should have done that deal with Satan much earlier".
His quote about CRobbers being like Lucas was off-base. Lucas has always had pretty tight shooting schedules.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BMan posted:

My understanding, as best I can, is that this is how it will work:

Squadron 42 will be divided into 3 Episodes. Episode 1 is what people are paying for, Episode 2 is what older backers get, Episode 3 everyone pays for.

Episode 1 will be divided into 5 Chapters. Likely backers will only see Chapter 1 this year. Each Chapter has about 15 hours of gameplay.

Dogfighting will be identical to what's already inside Arena Commander.

All of the performance capture done thus far is just for Episode 1.

Here's another question:

[QUESTION] How many actual hours of gameplay will there be in Episode 1 of Squadron 42?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh poo poo, they really are ditching Patrick then if all the CM stuff is moving back to Santa Monica.

[QUESTION] If the moderator roles are heading back to California, what's happening to Patrick?

This got me permabanned

thansk DEREK

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

:golfclap:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"You are permanently banned from talking in cigcommunity."

Thanks Beer :v:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EightAce posted:

Patrick Probst is at CIG Manchester. Which in actual fact isn't in Manchester.He nearly got canned because of that email fiasco

I know, that's why I'm curious about what's happening with him. That really sucks that he nearly got fired for doing his loving job.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Haha, they read my question.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I don't know how but the gifs you post keep getting funnier. Keep up the awesome work, Id love to see these being overlayed on videos of CRabberts talking about his high fidelity finished product. The ships move like bugs being sprayed with Raid

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Why can't people who get permabanned from twitch chat just make a new account to keep posting?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
[QUESTION]Why was @versecommando permabanned????

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
Is it okay to join chat with 'HELLO COMMANDOS!'?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Banned forevvvveerrrrrrr

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My understanding, as best I can, is that this is how it will work:

Squadron 42 will be divided into 3 Episodes. Episode 1 is what people are paying for, Episode 2 is what older backers get, Episode 3 everyone pays for.

Episode 1 will be divided into 5 Chapters. Likely backers will only see Chapter 1 this year. Each Chapter has about 15 hours of gameplay.

Dogfighting will be identical to what's already inside Arena Commander.

All of the performance capture done thus far is just for Episode 1.

Here's another question:

[QUESTION] How many actual hours of gameplay will there be in Episode 1 of Squadron 42?

Ah, so one fifth of a third of half the complete package will be ready. Where to I pledge?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Typical loving CIG, ignoring my game-critical questions about superboobs :mad:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

xanif posted:

Why can't people who get permabanned from twitch chat just make a new account to keep posting?

It get's tiring making up fake email addresses.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

spacetoaster posted:

try:

http://10minutemail.com/
https://10minutemail.net/
http://www.my10minutemail.com/

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

drat you guys are killing me with these questions.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

thanks

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

You are permanently banned from talking in cigcommunity.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

spacetoaster posted:

they don't verify emails

even if they did, you could add a random period to your gmail account, it ignores periods

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

craptown posted:

Now, this is a story all about how
My verse got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
just come right in
I'll tell you how I became a whale of star citizen

In the 4th Stimpire born and raised,
On an alpha was where i spent most of my days
Buggin out crashin' and bashin' vanduul
All postin' my delusions in a reddit cesspool
When a couple of goons, they were up to no good
Started shitposting in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and the mods got scared
And said "don't let Derek's trolls fool you this is not vaporware"

I bought into the ship sales day after day
Then they said an unmelt system was on its way
All my credits were there but the system was broken,
Gotta buy back with cash, 'cos there's only one token

Million mile high club, yo this is bad
Drinking hairy roberts out of a champagne glass
Is this what wing commanders of SC living like?
PAAAARP this might be alright.

But wait i hear they're toxic, spergy, all that
Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
I don't think so
When i get there i'll see
I hope they're prepared for another whale in SC

Well, i asked a question "when's SM coming out?"
Chris became annoyed and began to pout
"Star Marine was just a game mode
With 2.0 it's always been here"
He sprang with quickness to the UK, disappeared

I went to r/starcitizen and it became clear
The backers lost patience, kept getting hosed in the rear
If anything I could say CIG's starting to slip
But i thought 'Nah, forget it - let's buy some more ships'

I pulled up to the server there were only 16
And I yelled in frustration as it crashed and blue screened
I looked at my verse
I was finally free
To sell off my farm and be a whale of SC

**PAAAARP**

LOVE LOVE LOVE

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

they don't verify emails

even if they did, you could add a random period to your gmail account, it ignores periods

Cool.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I know, that's why I'm curious about what's happening with him. That really sucks that he nearly got fired for doing his loving job.

I honestly don't know if I was him Id gently caress off back to Germany and write a tell all book. Like the one I'm planning

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

EightAce posted:

I honestly don't know if I was him Id gently caress off back to Germany and write a tell all book. Like the one I'm planning
:eyepop:

SpunkyRedKnight
Oct 12, 2000
I was totally serious about lootable toilets though. Toilets can be valuable sources of hidden goodies. Don't they play any games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EightAce posted:

He doesn't deserve to be treated the way he has.

• Locked thread