Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

PantsBandit posted:

Also when you riposte the pigs you punch them really hard in the butt.

I guess if you're going to have an ongoing tradition in your games, punching things in the butthole is a pretty good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
did a sidequest in dead souls where a naked lady tweeted that she needed saving from zambies, but it turned out to be a dude who figured nobody woud save him but they might save a hot chick

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Kanfy posted:

I guess if you're going to have an ongoing tradition in your games, punching things in the butthole is a pretty good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiLH5OQGePY

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think the biggest letdown of Tearaway is that it has too much natural sound and not enough music. Given the game's look and the feel of playing it, the landscapes are enhanced by a sweeping score, yet the soundtrack is surprisingly understated and doesn't get a lot of play, and the natural sounds don't really add anything to the otherwise great visual landscapes.

Like, they should make a Tearaway 2 but have the guy who directed Banjo Kazooie helm it.

Odd because the vita version had a continuous soundtrack which changed instruments and rythm according to the part of the level you were in.

The song of the lone Atoi gave me the chills

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

corn in the bible posted:

did a sidequest in dead souls where a naked lady tweeted that she needed saving from zambies, but it turned out to be a dude who figured nobody woud save him but they might save a hot chick

That's some smart thinking, tbh

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

limaCAT posted:

Odd because the vita version had a continuous soundtrack which changed instruments and rythm according to the part of the level you were in.

The song of the lone Atoi gave me the chills

Maybe there's more later? I stopped after beating the wind place, which I found to be a lot more time consuming and a lot less fun than the mechanic deserved. I love how easily I can blow the wind, and I hope that the paper physics are building up to something interesting, like using a glider or whatever.

Riding the pig was decent.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Riding the pig was decent.

But enough about Bloodborne.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

corn in the bible posted:

Lol I remember that one. IIRC he would keep giving updates about how "she" kept losing clothing as she was escaping.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kanfy posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i am probably going to buy a $400 sony vr headset in october

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Is he shooting Spiderman in the butt or trying to stop up something horrible that is coming out, inquiring minds want to know

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

bloodychill posted:

Is he shooting Spiderman in the butt or trying to stop up something horrible that is coming out, inquiring minds want to know
He's fisting him because Spiderman is into that kind of thing.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

oddium posted:

i am probably going to buy a $400 sony vr headset in october

I'll let them figure VR out properly first, I have zero rush when it comes to that stuff.

Witnessing this sci-fi thing becoming real is neat though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Kowloon's not a very large dungeon but it's still neat to see because the real-life Kowloon was such a unique and messed up thing. Plus you get to beat up Wugui (who has seen better days) again in his weird flesh-filled room.

Real life kowloon seems cool and I would like to learn more about it some day. For me, wugui pretty much dropped off the face of the earth because I didn't go to kowloon, so I don't even know how his plot ended or what his whole deal was.

Shadow Hearts is good but the missable stuff like that isn't good, and I am glad that the sequels mostly fixed that stuff (I still never got to the extra optional dungeon thing in from the new world where you need to go in a painting or something because I guess I didn't collect enough trading cards or something?? By the time I found out that the trading cards would lead to that dungeon, I had already gone through over half the game and missed out on a bunch lol)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Looks like I'll be getting a PS4 soon! Glad I've had PS Plus for so many months. I won't need to worry about buying new games for a while.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

FirstAidKite posted:

Real life kowloon seems cool and I would like to learn more about it some day. For me, wugui pretty much dropped off the face of the earth because I didn't go to kowloon, so I don't even know how his plot ended or what his whole deal was.

Everything I learn about Kowloon is amazing. There were thieves who would just smash through walls with a sledgehammer to steal poo poo and then smashing their way back out and the place was such a labyrinth that they would get away with it. Apparently one of the Modern Warfares has a level set in it but I haven't played one since MW2.

On a similar note, I was surprised to learn that Battleship Island from Killer7 is a real place.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Kowloon Walled City is also an area in Shenmue 2 as well.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
yakuza is my big favorite but i skipped dead souls and im kinda worried to go back and play it with all the improvements 5 made to basically everything

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

By "Kowloon" I assume you're all talking about the Walled City? Sorry for the bad news but it was demolished over 20 years ago.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Mak0rz posted:

By "Kowloon" I assume you're all talking about the Walled City? Sorry for the bad news but it was demolished over 20 years ago.

From everything I've heard of it, it sounds like it's not bad news that it was demolished.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I wish watching feminist frequency videos about video games didn't require me to delete the videos from my youtube history so I don't get bombarded with the worst recommendations in the universe.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lurdiak posted:

I wish watching feminist frequency videos about video games didn't require me to delete the videos from my youtube history so I don't get bombarded with the worst recommendations in the universe.

The recommended video thing youtube does is so irritating. As long as I watch stuff in my actual subscriptions it stays on point but if I happen to watch a single video of something I don't normally watch for whatever reason, suddenly I'm BOMBARDED by recommendations of that thing and it's like christ, at least wait to do that until you see me watching several of that thing.

Like I watched ONE react video because for whatever reason it stood out to me. I don't even remember what it was. But it caused my entire video section suddenly be like "HEY CHECK OUT THESE OTHER REACT VIDEOS" and i was like what no stop

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
You can turn off your watch history.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Macaluso posted:

The recommended video thing youtube does is so irritating. As long as I watch stuff in my actual subscriptions it stays on point but if I happen to watch a single video of something I don't normally watch for whatever reason, suddenly I'm BOMBARDED by recommendations of that thing and it's like christ, at least wait to do that until you see me watching several of that thing

Past generations will never know the struggle of seeing a video that could possibly be interesting but refusing to click out of principle because the thumbnail is a guy making an angry face or a girl's tits with bubble letters on top.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah we know that

Still a cool place to learn about tho.

Are there any good books or documentaries about it or anything like that?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Looks like I'll be getting a PS4 soon! Glad I've had PS Plus for so many months. I won't need to worry about buying new games for a while.

Hey congrats! I dunno if there is anything on the ps4 I would want, but I am glad you will be getting one soon. Are you still playing hyrule warriors? If so, wanna trade NNIDs so we can do the network link thing? I dunno how many people are still playing that even have the hyrule warriors network stuff turned on

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

You can turn off your watch history.

Wouldn't that just default the recommendations to WatchMojo?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

Pretty sure it would just fill your side bar and recommended videos with this thing which is apparently the nexus of youtube videos.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lurdiak posted:

No like, it'll stop writing new videos to your watch history.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm something like 12 hours into Valkyria Chronicals now. Just beat chapter 7. It's got a lot of really cool mechanics, but man does it have some quality of life issues. Need's a fastforward button, bad. Also, it's the most saccharine thing I've ever played. Holy poo poo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm surprised you didn't post the naming scene :P

Oh roger...

Fun fact: the angles are all different and time has passed, but it is still possible to see various landmarks from the nemeton monastery that are the same as areas from Koudelka. It's a cool thing that they didn't have to do, but they did, and I'm glad for it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Finally a new Overlord game that's not a DOTA, instead it's an Infinity Engine game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc-WqIRNDKY

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

I think the constant darkness of DEATH WORLD has gotten to my cute mole friend.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Finally a new Overlord game that's not a DOTA, instead it's an Infinity Engine game?

It's Unity and visually very similar to Pillars of Eternity, I liked that game quite a bit so it's going to be interesting to see what comes of Tyranny.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://i.imgur.com/XHl5vSe.webm

Kanfy posted:

It's Unity and visually very similar to Pillars of Eternity, I liked that game quite a bit so it's going to be interesting to see what comes of Tyranny.
I meant in the sense of being a Baldur's Gate alike, or I guess a Pillars of Eternity alike, instead of literally being made with a 20 year old engine.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I hate everything about this.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Finally, the secret is out!
Okay Google, take a note: upgrade my gaming rig to get girls.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

:toot:

The final battle was against the king who had become a monster but it turns out that he was practically helpless and didn't hit me once, so the "real" final battle was the fight before that one. I almost feel like I've seen that pattern somewhere before but I'm probably imagining things.

In the ending the hero got his hands on the wish-granting crown he was searching for and promptly used it to become a conquering tyrant. Whoops?

Also

It's all connected :tinfoil:

Cool game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lots of games have that "final boss is kinda just a cinematic". Final Fantasies 7 and 10 come to mind. Demon's Souls too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Kanfy posted:

In the ending the hero got his hands on the wish-granting crown he was searching for and promptly used it to become a conquering tyrant. Whoops?

What happened to rescuing Gram-grams?

• Locked thread