Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Bomb one seems more useful, since you can always just drop guns in an empty room.

Can you not start with a remote explosive? I only seem to be able to pick a proximity device...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Strudel Man posted:

Can you not start with a remote explosive? I only seem to be able to pick a proximity device...

You get a remote explosive at mastery level 20.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Mother...

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
If you preordered the game, you get the rubber ducky remote mine, but otherwise yeah, you got to get Level 20 otherwise.

The mines feel really weak in this game though, like I can barely kill more than one person with them if I just place one.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There is a remote bomb in the attic and also the rubber duck is one, if you have the preorder DLC.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

abagofcheetos posted:

There is a remote bomb in the attic and also the rubber duck is one, if you have the preorder DLC.
Oh yeah, forget about that one.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

abagofcheetos posted:

There is a remote bomb in the attic

Yeah, this is the only way I could make the laptop assassination work, what with the bodyguard and all. Luckily the bomb is a few feet from the dongle.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Accordion Man posted:

If you preordered the game, you get the rubber ducky remote mine, but otherwise yeah, you got to get Level 20 otherwise.

The mines feel really weak in this game though, like I can barely kill more than one person with them if I just place one.
I have that, but I couldn't put it in the camera for the interview. Had to use the attic one, which I knew about, but which was a pain to get, since I had to go all the way to the top and all.

Probably last question: How can you actually use the auction invitation you find in the bathroom? It doesn't seem like it lets you go upstairs...

And man, you guys aren't kidding about the load times. I've got the game on a SSD, and it will still take ~5 seconds to load a still image sometimes.

edit: These disconnections and general failures to connect are also pretty darn annoying.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 16, 2016

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

Probably last question: How can you actually use the auction invitation you find in the bathroom? It doesn't seem like it lets you go upstairs...

You can't just walk backstage to get to the stairs, you need to go outside to the party on the east side of the mansion and walk to the back where there a second guarded entrance where you show the invitation.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

I have that, but I couldn't put it in the camera for the interview. Had to use the attic one, which I knew about, but which was a pain to get, since I had to go all the way to the top and all.

And man, you guys aren't kidding about the load times. I've got the game on a SSD, and it will still take ~5 seconds to load a still image sometimes.

edit: These disconnections and general failures to connect are also pretty darn annoying.

The invite does work , you have to wait Til you get the prompt.

Haha yeah the load times on PS4 stock HDD are insane.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Got the labtop neck snap challenge unexpectedly. She was in there as part of her routine, she and her bodyguard are leaving. Didn't have any challenges I was aiming for, just wanted to finish the mission asap. I walk past them into the room, do a 180 and subdue/neck snap. Apparently that still counts. Evac to to the nearest drainpipe before anyone realises.

Also I am amazed at how bodyguards don't question it when I walk out the toilet their employer is supposed to be in. Not payed to ask questions I guess.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Th new escalations are practically daring me to perpetrate horrific massacres. I am very ok with this.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I really wish escalations weren't the exact same scripting on the exact same map but with arbitrary goals. :( They could've been so much more.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Crappy Jack posted:

Blood Money literally had you saving up money between missions to buy upgrades for your weapons, chief.

Guns that I never, ever used because its a stealth game and you start with a fiber wire.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Steve2911 posted:

exact same scripting on the exact same map but with arbitrary goals.

#Hitman 2016

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Guns that I never, ever used because its a stealth game and you start with a fiber wire.

The system in place has made me use weapons I never would have touched otherwise. The thing that really bugs me is that the melee kills don't appear to differentiate between the melee weapons or thrown/melee in contracts mode. So I can't create a knife juggling vampire magician contract or Helmuts par 2 golf adventure.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
The most heartbreaking thing about Contract creation so far is that toilets don't count as any kind of weapon, so it just defaults to "Any Weapon", and I only learned this after spending like two hours setting up one of the dudes on the Level 3 balcony to get drowned while wearing the default suit, after lots of brainfarts and bugs ruining entire runs of it, too.

Honestly. nearly every specific weapon or method should, well, be a specific weapon or method, instead of umbrella categories. "Lethal Melee" is the worst offender, how can I make a contract about screwing security guards in public now???

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Does the battleaxe fall under the lethal melee umbrella?

Would've hoped that'd be an exception.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Okay, yet another question - how do you get your targets to go to their saferoom? I've tried killing sprees, setting off the fire alarm, dropping the lights...but they stay apart.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

Okay, yet another question - how do you get your targets to go to their saferoom? I've tried killing sprees, setting off the fire alarm, dropping the lights...but they stay apart.

You have to check the evacuation document in the basement ops room, then disable Novikov's bodyguard. He will drop a phone you can use to call in the saferoom order. I suggest using rat poison on the center food in the prep room behind the bar, the bodyguard is partial to them.

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

There's an evacuation plan in the basement security room which triggers Viktors' bodyguard to drop his phone when you take him out. Using the phone will get both targets to run to the saferoom on the 2nd floor.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

You have to check the evacuation document in the basement ops room, then disable Novikov's bodyguard. He will drop a phone you can use to call in the saferoom order. I suggest using rat poison on the center food in the prep room behind the bar, the bodyguard is partial to them.
Huh. I've taken him out before, and I've read that document before, but I guess I never did the latter before the former, so I never saw the phone.

Was actually thinking he had to stay alive in order to call it in. I guess nothing really qualifies as a true emergency to that guy.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 17, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Strudel Man posted:

Huh. I've taken him out before, and I've read that document before, but I guess I never did the latter before the former, so I never saw the phone.

Was actually thinking he had to stay alive in order to call it in. I guess nothing really qualifies as a true emergency to that guy.

Moartoast posted:

The most heartbreaking thing about Contract creation so far is that toilets don't count as any kind of weapon, so it just defaults to "Any Weapon", and I only learned this after spending like two hours setting up one of the dudes on the Level 3 balcony to get drowned while wearing the default suit, after lots of brainfarts and bugs ruining entire runs of it, too.

Honestly. nearly every specific weapon or method should, well, be a specific weapon or method, instead of umbrella categories. "Lethal Melee" is the worst offender, how can I make a contract about screwing security guards in public now???

Bleremiah posted:

Also I am amazed at how bodyguards don't question it when I walk out the toilet their employer is supposed to be in. Not payed to ask questions I guess.

These are all things that it's within the devs' power to fix. The sooner you contact them about it, the more likely they'll be patched.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

This reminds me of something: I've checked documents, laptops, whatever a few times in the chess nerd's level and Paris, and never really seemed to get anything from them. Is there a menu somewhere I couldn't find where I can read the information gleaned? As is, 47 just kinda seems to glance, then nothing happens.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

This reminds me of something: I've checked documents, laptops, whatever a few times in the chess nerd's level and Paris, and never really seemed to get anything from them. Is there a menu somewhere I couldn't find where I can read the information gleaned? As is, 47 just kinda seems to glance, then nothing happens.

I believe it shows up in the Intel section. F1 on PC.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

Sometimes you can get him and dalia's bodyguard to move their employers, but it's to the downstairs ops room or dalia's office. Pulling a fire alarm always does it, or less predictably, staging a massacre.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Grabbed every gas canister and placed them right behind the target women when she goes outside. Placed three mines and watched her go flying.

Extreme0 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 17, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lemon posted:

I believe it shows up in the Intel section. F1 on PC.

I woulda sworn up and down there was nothing there, but I'll check again next time I play. Thanks.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Moartoast posted:

Yeah for some reason there's no category for "accidents" (which is what toilet drowning is considered) so it just says "any weapon". Ditto if you drop a chandelier on them or push them off a balcony.

Also weird is that "lethal melee" includes throwing the weapon at them, too.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I woulda sworn up and down there was nothing there, but I'll check again next time I play. Thanks.

Sometimes I've found that the Intel section is very sparse, like just a one sentence description of what you read.

I've found that if Dalia is threatened the guards bring her to her office. If she is found by, say, a knife wielding vampire who is slaughtering guards by the truckloads, she will be brought to the attic room above the saferoom. Nothing you can really exploit as far as I can tell but it is interesting to see her guards have a backup plan. I think they were trying to find another safe spot as I approached but I cornered and massacred them.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
God, Viktor got stuck at the bar and won't come to my killzone. :smith:

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Strudel Man posted:

God, Viktor got stuck at the bar and won't come to my killzone. :smith:

Those Bare Knuckle Boxers are good poo poo. I'd stay at the bar, too.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
God dammit. I killed everyone in the basement/2nd/3rd floors without being compromised. Now the game is getting extremely crashy as I try to clear out the packed first floor. gently caress.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
I can't really figure out a good use for the sedative. If you spike someone's food with it, they seem to just fall unconscious where they are instead of going someplace private to vomit, and since all the places people eat seem to be public, it means they're almost immediately roused again.

Foreman Domai
Apr 2, 2010

"In one dimension I find existence, in two I find life, but in three, I find freedom."

Strudel Man posted:

I can't really figure out a good use for the sedative. If you spike someone's food with it, they seem to just fall unconscious where they are instead of going someplace private to vomit, and since all the places people eat seem to be public, it means they're almost immediately roused again.

I used it on the champagne glass in the sheikh's room - he walked out to the balcony before passing out, which did not alert the guard.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

The Welfare Lobby posted:

I used it on the champagne glass in the sheikh's room - he walked out to the balcony before passing out, which did not alert the guard.
Eh...the sheikh is way easier to deal with by going into his bathroom and turning the radio on.

Still, I suppose that's something.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Moartoast posted:

This is the same problem that Absolution had. Using a remote explosive or shooting a bullet to cause a chain reaction of fuel canisters exploding? "Explosive". It made all the weapons you could buy and upgrade pretty pointless too.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, i'd rather be able to start with some lethal poison. Otherwise you can only get some by pretending to be Helmut or just constantly drowning your rat-poisoned targets in the toilet.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
One immersion thing that kind of bothers me is that all the characters are speaking English. I know that the secret auction and maybe even the public speeches at the fashion show would be in English in reality, but could they not even find French or Russian speakers for the side dialogue in the missions?

I even have my console set to French, and I think Hitman is the first AAA game I've played on the Bone that didn't have the dialog localized. Kind of odd considering Hitman is made by a European studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Hate to do this but I kinda want to avoid any particular spoilers, but is this game worth a buy? Liked Blood Money, didn't play Absolution..

Also read the OP and it says its $15 for the base game + episodic and $60 if you wait for all of the episodes game to be released? Does that mean paying $60 forces you to wait to play the episodes or can you get them right away?