Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Boris Galerkin posted:

The iOS Plex app requires a $5 monthly subscription though? Yeah no I'm not paying $5 a month to stream my own things on my own wifi network.

Plex and Emby both have DLNA servers. Those would be options since you said you don't care about metadata.

https://community.wd.com/t/best-upnp-dlna-streaming-app-for-ios/92615/3

Also you can setup your iOS to run Kodi with the Emby plugin for Kodi, and you can watch your library without a premium subscription even with the benefits of metadata, and transcoding. I did this with my Android tablet just yesterday, but it's probably a bigger pain in the rear end with iOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Boris Galerkin posted:

The iOS Plex app requires a $5 monthly subscription though? Yeah no I'm not paying $5 a month to stream my own things on my own wifi network.

No, it doesn't require a subscription. That's only for syncing to the iOS device for offline watching. No subscription is needed for streaming on your local network.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Oh, yeah it wasn't really clear because I just downloaded the ios app and was 1) confused why I needed to make an account just to stream videos from my computer to my phone locally and 2) why it asked me to buy a $5 subscription after I created said account.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

There's a Plex megathread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3620605 but no, you don't need an account or subscription for local streaming.

ed: for iOS, anyway- some other platforms are different.

Dicty Bojangles fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 17, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

slomomofo posted:

No, it doesn't require a subscription. That's only for syncing to the iOS device for offline watching. No subscription is needed for streaming on your local network.

It doesn't? It gave me a time limit on streaming my content when I last tried it last month(?).

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It doesn't? It gave me a time limit on streaming my content when I last tried it last month(?).

Not sure what platform you're on but I've never had any limits in iOS. But enough derail, that's a question for the Plex megathread.

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011
I seem to be the only person who hasn't really have problems with couchpotato.

JoeMB fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 17, 2016

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Ok, this is a weird problem, I have never experienced this one before. When I go to Couchpotato at domain.com:5050 I get the proper login screen; when I enter the credentials it instantly goes back to the login screen. When I go to the actual IP:5050 it works properly and logs in. I verified the password is correct by checking the settings.conf file, I use keepass so It's not like I'm forgetting it either way.

I'd really like to figure this one out since I'm in the process of setting up https for all my of my Usenet poo poo. Sabnzbd works fine, Sonarr works fine. Couchpotato is being a little pain in the rear end for some reason.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Hah, didn't realize SABnzbd 0.8.0 was released as 1.0.0 now.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Are there any rhel/fedora repos out there with version 8/1 in it?

Still using 7.2 but not bothered enough to do any more than a yum upgrades worth of effort

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Just for the record I tried to stream a thing via Plex to my phone this morning and it told me I could only use it as a remote unless I either subscribe monthly for pay $5 for the app. Instant delete.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

Just for the record I tried to stream a thing via Plex to my phone this morning and it told me I could only use it as a remote unless I either subscribe monthly for pay $5 for the app. Instant delete.

Totally right, high quality software that can transcode your material on the fly and organize it behind the scenes and fetch metadata and subtitles and everything else should be free. Stick it to the man!

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

JoeMB posted:

I seem to be the only person who hasn't really have problems with couchpotato.

Nope, I'm the same.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I still use it as well, had very few issues with it over the years. The renaming aspect has failed me a few times but I just switched to videosort for that so /shrug.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Telex posted:

Totally right, high quality software that can transcode your material on the fly and organize it behind the scenes and fetch metadata and subtitles and everything else should be free. Stick it to the man!

:ironicat: in the Usenet thread. That being said, $5 for the app was money well spent (I use it on my phone and iPad). Was going to pay for the subscription, but the the Roku app went gold and I don't need any of the other "perks" that come with Plex plus.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does the CouchPotato Safari extension work for anyone? I can't get it to install. It asks if I trust it and when I click yes nothing happens. Restarted Safari, rebooted, tried manually placing the extension in the extension folder, and I'm successfully able to install and uninstall other extensions. And when I try to use their Javascript menu bar applet instead, the little popup displays wrong and the dropdown fields and save button are displayed offscreen so I can't actually click on anything.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.

Boris Galerkin posted:

No, sir. I paid for it once and have used to for ages.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Violator posted:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does the CouchPotato Safari extension work for anyone? I can't get it to install. It asks if I trust it and when I click yes nothing happens. Restarted Safari, rebooted, tried manually placing the extension in the extension folder, and I'm successfully able to install and uninstall other extensions. And when I try to use their Javascript menu bar applet instead, the little popup displays wrong and the dropdown fields and save button are displayed offscreen so I can't actually click on anything.

Turns out this is a bug in El Cap Safari where the "Trust" button in the dialog box is broken. If you follow this link:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7254177?tstart=0

You'll get instructions on how to activate the Trust button using accessibility settings with the keyboard and then it'll install fine. The other extensions I use are from the Apple extension galleries and those installed fine for some reason. Hope this helps someone else!

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
:aaaaa:

Wow what the gently caress. I've never had Sabnzbd gently caress up this badly before.

I have to socks 5 tunnel to interact with Sabnzbd entirely. It wont serve on 8080 at all. Pyopenssl and openssl refuse to recognize despite both being installed long before I installed sabnzbd. Then when I go into the config menu the Sabnzbd image misaligns and pushes down the header bar to overlap the top of the configuration area.

WTF? The RC were solid as gently caress on a prior computer.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Well I figured out that the pyopenssl and openssl was my distro's fault. Sabnzbd wants specifically python 2.# and Arch has split python 2 off into it's own separate packages. Still can't figure out how to get the webserver running.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

All of my problems with couch potato server were solved when i did the right thing and installed a virtual environment and then remembered to activate it before starting CPS

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Now that sabnzbd 1.0 Final is out, would you choose it over nzbget if:

1) You were doing it from scratch

2) You already had sab 7.20/1.0 running?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Tapedump posted:

I tried both and ended up going with sabnzbd because it had proper file association support. I could download a .nzb and open it with sabnzbd and it would go into my queue. Unless it has recently changed with NZBGet, you could not do that. You either fiddled with the UI to import the .nzb, or you set up a watch folder and copied the .nzb file into it. It seems like a small thing to worry about, but both programs were pretty identical to me so I chose the one that played better in certain circumstances.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tapedump posted:

Even if they switched from the Plush theme to Glitter I still know how to navigate Sabnzbd better. It handles the downloading just fine. Sickbeard on the other hand was slowly falling behind it's competitor projects so I ditched it. The failed download handling alone was worth the switch away. Far as I am aware, there is no huge difference in capability between NZBGet and Sabnzbd as it was for Sickbeard vs Sonarr. Also the Nzbget UI looks like total rear end.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This may be beyond the scope of the thread but I'll ask anyway. What torrenting programs are people pairing with Sonarr and Couchpotato? There are a few things that just don't get released to Usenet in a timely fashion that I'd like to scrape and download via Torrenting.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I switched to NZBGet to take advantage of the ability to prioritize servers with more granularity than main/backup.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sub Rosa posted:

I switched to NZBGet to take advantage of the ability to prioritize servers with more granularity than main/backup.

SABnzbd 1.0.0 does this too now by the way.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Hold up, did Plush actually get removed in sabnzbd 1.0 release? I might switch over to nzbget if so, really couldn't stand the new UI that was default in the betas.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Keito posted:

Hold up, did Plush actually get removed in sabnzbd 1.0 release? I might switch over to nzbget if so, really couldn't stand the new UI that was default in the betas.

It's still there. You just have another option now.

Edit: I like the expanded info on the main screen when you click on a download. Tells you more info than it did in previous versions, the one in particular I like is it tells you which servers it used and how much it downloaded through it. :allears:

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 23, 2016

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

re: speeds;
I recently got 1Gb/s internet -- With Astraweb 10 connections i top out at 28MB/s with an average of 14MB/s. With Supernews 30 connections I've maxed out at 40MB/s with an average of 35MB/s.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Keito posted:

Plush wasn't removed, it's just not the default. If you have an old install where you were still using Plush, you get a one-time popup recommending the new theme and that's it. In 1.0 we did, however, remove the "classic" skin because it was ancient and we couldn't be bothered updating it with all the new features.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

inpheaux posted:

Plush wasn't removed, it's just not the default. If you have an old install where you were still using Plush, you get a one-time popup recommending the new theme and that's it. In 1.0 we did, however, remove the "classic" skin because it was ancient and we couldn't be bothered updating it with all the new features.

All is well then. I guess the old classic one was about ready for retirement.

When I do get around to upgrading I should probably give the new look another fair try to see how it's ended up. Think I read you have a dark version too now, which will certainly help for the eyes.

Besides how white it was, I think my main problem was either less information being shown than in Plush, or that I couldn't figure out how to do certain tasks. Seeing as I can't really remember what it was I should most definitely give it another go... Might just have been baby duck syndrome for all I know.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

inpheaux posted:

I'm liking the new skin, the look and feel are signicantly improved.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
After 2 months of procrastination, going to attempt to set this up on my iMac / OS X. Hope it goes well...

e: whenever I install SABnzbd, it simply does not open. Unpackages the contents, verifies the files, and the application shows up in the launchpad. But trying to open it once there? Nothing.

Tide fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 27, 2016

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Open a browser and go to localhost:8080 ?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
tried that. says I cannot connect to server.

e: it worked at one time. i went in and messed with some settings i probably shouldn't have. now, even though its been uninstalled several times, it won't open.

Tide fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 27, 2016

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Does anyone know how to make nzbhydra only search in certain groups?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Tide posted:

After 2 months of procrastination, going to attempt to set this up on my iMac / OS X. Hope it goes well...

e: whenever I install SABnzbd, it simply does not open. Unpackages the contents, verifies the files, and the application shows up in the launchpad. But trying to open it once there? Nothing.

I haven't used SAB in a bit now but I spent a long time switching between it and NZBGet on my Macbook and NZBGet consistently ran way smoother. That might not be the solution you want, but if you haven't tried it I'd give it a look.

originalnickname
Mar 9, 2005

tree
Has anyone got any news regarding nzb.su? Are they coming back or should I be shopping for a new indexer?

(Edit): Never mind, they're back now, possibly had some DDoS issues this morning or something causing them to refuse connections.

originalnickname fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tide posted:

tried that. says I cannot connect to server.

e: it worked at one time. i went in and messed with some settings i probably shouldn't have. now, even though its been uninstalled several times, it won't open.

Try 127.0.0.1:8080 or 0.0.0.0:8080 instead.