Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a top tier meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I do work at [secure mental institution] yesterday was quite the day for it I assure you.

Let's play how did he get the smartphone and where is it now? When that's over we can have a jolly good game of re-arrange all the staff rotas because all the non-white staff members have been sent home for their own safety! Yay!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is it up his arse? i bet it's up his arse

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

always check the arse

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Smartphones have pretty wide screens these days. Good effort.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

learnincurve posted:

I do work at [secure mental institution] yesterday was quite the day for it I assure you.

Let's play how did he get the smartphone and where is it now? When that's over we can have a jolly good game of re-arrange all the staff rotas because all the non-white staff members have been sent home for their own safety! Yay!

it's okay, all he did was post a walking dead meltdown and get banned

I'm in leith for the second time in a week

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

what did you get banned from psn for

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I didnt

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

goatface posted:

Smartphones have pretty wide screens these days. Good effort.

You say that but I've known someone get a tablet into a secure facility somehow........

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

apparently they use some external company to monitor the network and sometimes it doesn't work properly and bans random ip's

i rang playstation this morning and it was unbanned an hour ago

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz2k21 posted:

You say that but I've known someone get a tablet into a secure facility somehow........

I hope it was baked into a cake.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

It's my birthday and I got a chair and matress protector (which I asked for)

Am I getting old?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

you are approximately 1 year older than on your last birthday yes

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

ta

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

freelop posted:

It's my birthday and I got a chair and matress protector (which I asked for)

Am I getting old?

Happy birthday?

And though the answer is yes, it's the best sort of yes because you're getting the presents you asked for instead of poo poo you can't use...

vvv I'm broke, so I'm baking my dad biscuits for his birthday next week and hand-delivering them to him by driving 300 miles with a whingey dog. Oh what fun.

Kluliss fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 23, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's my dad's birthday on Monday, I never know what to buy him and am not allowed to buy him the booze.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I can think of several ways to get a tablet or smartphone into a secure mental facility.

1. Be really fat and sweaty and shove it in your waistband at the back/in your pants and hope you don't get searched by someone competent, if in doubt try to get the Nigerian nurse. 2. Bribe your fat and sweaty mate to do it for you. 3. Have a mental disorder which involves being really manipulative and persuade your mother/girlfriend/husband/child to sneak one in for you as you need it to be able to skype/facetime them, and you will cry yourself to sleep every night if they don't do this one little thing, because I am so lonely and the staff are so mean and cruel oh the humanity. 4. Attack a member of staff who has been stupid enough to bring their iPhone onto a secure mental ward.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

learnincurve posted:

I can think of several ways to get a tablet or smartphone into a secure mental facility.

1. Be really fat and sweaty and shove it in your waistband at the back/in your pants and hope you don't get searched by someone competent, if in doubt try to get the Nigerian nurse. 2. Bribe your fat and sweaty mate to do it for you. 3. Have a mental disorder which involves being really manipulative and persuade your mother/girlfriend/husband/child to sneak one in for you as you need it to be able to skype/facetime them, and you will cry yourself to sleep every night if they don't do this one little thing, because I am so lonely and the staff are so mean and cruel oh the humanity. 4. Attack a member of staff who has been stupid enough to bring their iPhone onto a secure mental ward.

This was an immigration detention center the guy was pretty fat though

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Gaz2k21 posted:

This was an immigration detention center the guy was pretty fat though

Nice to know other people's security sucks as well. I was once having lunch in a pub when a nice lady came in asking them to turn the security cameras off out front during the day as it meant "they" could track her, she then cheerily explained that a nurse on [secure ward] would go out for a cigarette on her breaks and hide round the corner so her boss would not see her, leaving the fire door open. Nice lady would simply follow her out, go for a wander for 4 hours till the nurse came out for her second break then nip back in again just in time for dinner.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 23, 2016

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

corn in the fridge posted:

wasnt there a guy who ate a whole car once? like broke it up into tiny swallowable pieces and proceeded to consume it over a long period of time

That was taff, but the details are wrong. There was no car, but it involved not wanking for 18 months

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He sucked up the whole thing through tantric reverse ejaculation.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

no but looke did

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

np, happy birthday :)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

goatface posted:

He sucked up the whole thing through tantric reverse ejaculation.

what a champ

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Kluliss posted:

driving 300 miles with a whingey dog. Oh what fun.

bit harsh on Party Boat

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

should i gamble on the chip shop i like being open when i get back to birmingham or play it safe and go to big johns???

i reckon i could be there by ten to nine

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
finally had a clear night with a full moon to get my telescope out :getin:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

corn in the fridge posted:

wasnt there a guy who ate a whole car once? like broke it up into tiny swallowable pieces and proceeded to consume it over a long period of time

are you sure you aren't thinking of the iron giant

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Phoon posted:

should i gamble on the chip shop i like being open when i get back to birmingham or play it safe and go to big johns???

i reckon i could be there by ten to nine

Get a big johns 20" pizza if they still do them.
With all the meats.

Used to abuse the hell out of the "unlimited toppings" they had there when living in Erdington

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

are you thinking of this guy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Lotito

"Michel Lotito (June 15, 1950 – June 25, 2007[citation needed]) was a French entertainer, born in Grenoble, famous for deliberately consuming indigestible objects. He came to be known as Monsieur Mangetout ("Mr Eat-All").[1]

His performances involved the consumption of metal, glass, rubber and other materials. He disassembled, cut-up, and consumed bicycles, shopping carts, televisions, a Cessna 150,[2] and other items. The Cessna 150 took roughly two years to be "eaten", from 1978 to 1980. He began eating unusual material as a teenager around 16 years of age and performed publicly from 1966."

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

That was taff, but the details are wrong. There was no car, but it involved not wanking for 18 months

we could all learn something from this man and his stained mattress

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Kluliss posted:

are you thinking of this guy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Lotito

"Michel Lotito (June 15, 1950 – June 25, 2007[citation needed]) was a French entertainer, born in Grenoble, famous for deliberately consuming indigestible objects. He came to be known as Monsieur Mangetout ("Mr Eat-All").[1]

His performances involved the consumption of metal, glass, rubber and other materials. He disassembled, cut-up, and consumed bicycles, shopping carts, televisions, a Cessna 150,[2] and other items. The Cessna 150 took roughly two years to be "eaten", from 1978 to 1980. He began eating unusual material as a teenager around 16 years of age and performed publicly from 1966."

yeah him

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Randomly met Frankie Boyle tonight. Went to watch Mark Steel doing stand up and he was sat in the row behind me. Said hello and he was very pleasant.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Taff just informed me that we've been friends for a year because he was apparently keeping count I guess???

Happy friendversary taffington

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Solefald posted:

Taff just informed me that we've been friends for a year because he was apparently keeping count I guess???

Happy friendversary taffington

Or it came up on facebook "on this day"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bozza posted:

Randomly met Frankie Boyle tonight. Went to watch Mark Steel doing stand up and he was sat in the row behind me. Said hello and he was very pleasant.

Was it one of his local comedy things, or just a general tour?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
David Attenborough's voice is a very soothing thing when I've had a bad day.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

goatface posted:

David Attenborough's voice is a very soothing thing when I've had a bad day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOFy8QkNWWs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

I know it's not real (some of it anyway) but the filthy look David Attenborough throws in the direction of the bird is just <3 (but then I adore Sir Attenborough for being simultaneously incredibly interesting, knowledgeable, and able to put me to sleep in approximately three minutes even though I am an insomniac.)