Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

Something I noticed in SC last night is they fixed the PORT OLISAR logo issue on the rings...

By removing them completely :negative:

Guess they were getting too much attention
haha holy poo poo

we drive the bus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Haskell9 posted:

I'm genuinely surprised that you don't know who he is. I believe both him and you about this cartoon dumpster fire for numerous reasons but I thought you dudes were more on the same page.

I never said I didn't or did know who he is. And even if I did, it's just something I'd never disclose; as that's a sure fire way to burn a source

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Ash1138 posted:

haha holy poo poo

we drive the bus

It's so goddamn funny

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ash1138 posted:

haha holy poo poo

we drive the bus

I was flying around them waiting for the logo to pop in as it sometimes does and by the time I'd gone round them twice the penny dropped :v:

Another change brought to you by Goons

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Omi-Polari posted:

I actually think it's this place:

http://www.thechaosengine.com/index.php

Derek you could probably get in since you're, y'know, a game dev.

Edit: Sign up and tell us the deets!

No, it's not. That forum has nothing to do with a "dev" hangout.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

It's him.

lol awesome.

quote:

ps: I think EightAce and co are probably going to be laying low for awhile, given what I've heard today about the latest noise and the resulting meetings. They're loving pissed. And yes, they're still accusing people of leaking stuff to Derek Smart.

If the EightAce Project were completely removed from CIG, this wouldn't really matter would it? So it sounds like this is both an inside and outside job. I do wonder what CIG can threaten at this point to stop EightAce from putting out information tho. Those involved seem to have resigned themselves to the risks.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

peter gabriel posted:

I was flying around them waiting for the logo to pop in as it sometimes does and by the time I'd gone round them twice the penny dropped :v:

Another change brought to you by Goons

youre welcome reddit

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

A game I have been asked to do the score for has been greenlit so it's all systems go, I guess I now do know about game development :smug:

gently caress yeah dude, congrats!

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

D_Smart posted:

I never said I didn't or did know who he is. And even if I did, it's just something I'd never disclose; as that's a sure fire way to burn a source

Well fine maybe I read your quote incorrectly because I'm home after visiting my brother's latest homebrew reveal. But I don't think I did. Regardless I agree with your last sentence, godspeed I need a nap.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

I like that to an outside observer, this looks like it's been photoshopped to exclude text that makes this sound not insane.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Derek: you're a handsome man, confident and individualistic, self-possessed and an eloquent public speaker. You have also been making better space games than Chris Roberts for the past fifteen years.

Do you think that's why he hates you so much?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Toops posted:

gently caress yeah dude, congrats!

Thanks!
I am super excited :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D1E posted:

Derek: you're a handsome man, confident and individualistic, self-possessed and an eloquent public speaker. You have also been making better space games than Chris Roberts for the past fifteen years.

Well it's why I hate him

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I miss when I could make fun of people in this thread

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D1E posted:

Yes. I've been saying this all along; but nobody would listen to me.

:negative:

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks!

but... how can the cat play the banjo AND hit the airhorn like that?

immersion ruined :qq:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Eonwe posted:

gently caress you reddit lol
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\..

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D1E posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKeQqrNQ4dc

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jon Do posted:

but... how can the cat play the banjo AND hit the airhorn like that?

immersion ruined :qq:

If you look closely I parp the horn by hitting my cheek with it while I one hand tap the banjo.
I am a pro at this please do not question my methods thank you and good day sir

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Kavak posted:

I want GRRM to die during Star Citizen's implosion and crash the forums. We haven't had a traffic-induced crash since bin Laden died.

NOI! GRRM must survive

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks!

Does this mean you officially know something about game development.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Whatever your opinion of DS's games he at least has a specific vision that he can clearly communicate without mumbling and stumbling over his words, licking his lips and shifting his eyes every which way

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

D_Smart posted:

No, it's not. That forum has nothing to do with a "dev" hangout.

*cough*

http://www.thechaosengine.com/index.php?threads/new-member-faq.11472/

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

D_Smart posted:

Yes. I've been saying this all along; but nobody would listen to me.

:negative:

You should use your industry clout to get your nephew Ricky a job at Cloud Imperium. I hear that studio is going places.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
gently caress you /r/DerekSmart/ Reddit

..............\.............\...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Let's try this again:

1) The comment he made about "Chaos Engine", has NOTHING to do with THAT forum

2) That forum is not a "chaos engine" where game devs gather to chat, gossip etc about the industry

3) That forum does not have ANY topics related the Star Citizen discourse

http://www.thechaosengine.com/index.php?forums/#the-games-industry.28

ergo: no, it's completely unrelated to the point that the poster was making about the "chao engine" that's going on with FUD

e:

quote:

The industry is a very small place....despite it employing thousands of people world wide , there is only really a small amount that control it and have any real clout. Someone on here , I know who , but no hard feelings whatsoever, pasted some of my more predictive posts on Chaos engine, in an industry only forum where there is much speculation and hilarity from people that really do know what they are talking about. The whole industry is laughing their collective sexual organs off at the whole thing. But there are exceptions. Most noticeably one Evangelical young man who is so brainwashed that he will not hear a word said against CIG, the project or the management. Because of this , much of what is discussed here has circulated among the dev staff. I would say 60% think it hilarious, stick it to them etc. 20% Im sure are making GBS threads themselves in case they have any connection to me and 10% are determined to track me and any other dissenters down like wild beast's, and present our pelt's before the Stimporer and his consort. Thing is they are now running on fumes both figuratively and ideologically. People realize that this is doomed including the press who are contacting people left right and center. I still maintain that this is NOT a scam and even now in the dying days of Rome the brains-trust still really and truly believe that if they show enough shiny JPEGS and trailers for SQ42 then they will get over this and still produce the BDSSE.

He is referring to SA forum and Goons. Sheesh, how hard was that to figure out?

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 25, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

D_Smart posted:

gently caress you /r/DerekSmart/ Reddit

..............\.............\...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

Does this mean you officially know something about game development.

I think so!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

I Greyhound posted:

You guys are all such leavers.

Yeah, what a bunch of shitters.

Pratt2112
Mar 25, 2016

Indeeeeeeeeeed...

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Someone needs to get this guy an account on here if he hasn't already got one.

Present!

Saw a post on Derek's FB page with a screencap of it, had a surreal moment of thinking "I've read that somewhere before", and then realized it was me.

Pretty trippy when that happens.

I don't even spend much time at mmorpg.com anymore. When I do go there, I inevitably run into the idiocy that floods the SC forums, and it drives me nuts. Erillion, in particular... holy crap. If SC fans are the Scientologists of gaming, then Erillion is Tom Cruise.

All we need is Tom Cruise jumping on a couch, shooting jpeg ships at Oprah, and the picture will be complete.

Now that I think about it, can someone do that? That would be pretty amazing.

(Edited, 'cause my Tom Cruise scenario didn't really make sense and I'm slightly OCD lol.)

Pratt2112 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 25, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

Let's try this again:

1) The comment he made about "Chaos Engine", has NOTHING to do with THAT forum

2) That forum is not a "chaos engine" where game devs gather to chat, gossip etc about the industry

3) That forum does not have ANY topics related the Star Citizen discourse

http://www.thechaosengine.com/index.php?forums/#the-games-industry.28

ergo: no, it's completely unrelated to the point that the poster was making about the "chao engine" that's going on with FUD

Are you sure?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Pratt2112 posted:

Present!

Saw a post on Derek's FB page with a screencap of it, had a surreal moment of thinking "I've read that somewhere before", and then realized it was me.

I don't even spend much time at mmorpg.com anymore. When I do go there, I inevitably run into the idiocy that floods the SC forums there, and it drives me nuts. Erillion, in particular... holy crap. If SC fans are the Scientologists of gaming, then Erillion is Tom Cruise.

All we need is Tom Cruise jumping on a couch, shooting either jpeg ships or tiny Derek heads, at Oprah or CR, and the picture will be complete.

I liked your post on that MMO forum

Pratt2112
Mar 25, 2016

Indeeeeeeeeeed...

peter gabriel posted:

I liked your post on that MMO forum

Thank you, Commando o9

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Pratt2112 posted:

Present!

I don't even spend much time at mmorpg.com anymore. When I do go there, I inevitably run into the idiocy that floods the SC forums, and it drives me nuts. Erillion, in particular... holy crap. If SC fans are the Scientologists of gaming, then Erillion is Tom Cruise.

All we need is Tom Cruise jumping on a couch, shooting either jpeg ships or tiny Derek heads, at Oprah or CR, and the picture will be complete.

Welcome, young one.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

Are you sure?

Yes, I even edited my post to add more context. He was referring to THIS forum HERE ON SA as the "chaos engine". NOT that "dead" forum. Not sure where he got the "industry only" part from. But if you go to the chaosengine.com, there isn't a SINGLE thing about this Star Citizen hilarity there.

quote:

The industry is a very small place....despite it employing thousands of people world wide , there is only really a small amount that control it and have any real clout. Someone on here , I know who , but no hard feelings whatsoever, pasted some of my more predictive posts on Chaos engine, in an industry only forum where there is much speculation and hilarity from people that really do know what they are talking about. The whole industry is laughing their collective sexual organs off at the whole thing. But there are exceptions. Most noticeably one Evangelical young man who is so brainwashed that he will not hear a word said against CIG, the project or the management. Because of this , much of what is discussed here has circulated among the dev staff. I would say 60% think it hilarious, stick it to them etc. 20% Im sure are making GBS threads themselves in case they have any connection to me and 10% are determined to track me and any other dissenters down like wild beast's, and present our pelt's before the Stimporer and his consort. Thing is they are now running on fumes both figuratively and ideologically. People realize that this is doomed including the press who are contacting people left right and center. I still maintain that this is NOT a scam and even now in the dying days of Rome the brains-trust still really and truly believe that if they show enough shiny JPEGS and trailers for SQ42 then they will get over this and still produce the BDSSE.

Pratt2112
Mar 25, 2016

Indeeeeeeeeeed...

Goobs posted:

Welcome, young one.

Thanks! Glad to be among Goon-kind.

Nice place y'all got here.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

If you look closely I parp the horn by hitting my cheek with it while I one hand tap the banjo.
I am a pro at this please do not question my methods thank you and good day sir

Sir, are you pteropolydactyl?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

development's closed

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

sorry try again later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Pratt2112 posted:

Present!

Welcome commando!!

• Locked thread