Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Chinatown posted:

sounds amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
Went to a Brazilian steakhouse Saturday. Fully expect to squat the world today.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You're always squatting the world actually, that's just basic physics. But don't forget, the world squats back.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Weight loss is not a linear process, don't be discouraged by periods of nonprogress. So long as you'restaying active n truly consuming ~2000 calories, you'll end up at a healthy weight. Be accurate when counting calories, underestimating your portions would also explain stagnation.

i'm counting every food item i eat while adding up the calories in my head over the day. there's very little room for underestimation since i very rarely eat anything that i don't know the exact calorie amount for. my body is just being a dick lately it seems

As mentioned above, eating a big meal before bed can help w hunger pangs at night. Also, bump your fiber intake. Swapping starches for veggies is a great start, also legumes will be your best friend. They'll keep you so full, it'll make dieting almost easy. Buy big bags of frozen veggies, they cook up easy and will keep you satiated.

Stay at it brave goon, we believe in you

i'm not new to this, i'm just new to cutting suddenly being hard as heck. a couple of years ago, i managed to lose weight at 3000kcal a day eating pizzas and stuff on a daily basis. but i suppose my old age of 22 is getting to me and i have to make a real tryhard cut to lose weight. i had the same thing going on last year when my progress absolutely halted for a few months despite eating 1800-2000kcal and doing tons of weight & interval training. i couldn't believe i was stalling with that kind of deficit so i didn't even think to eat even less. eventually, i forced myself to like 1600 calories a day with the same amount of exercise and i lost like 1-2kg after a month of it, which turned out to be almost entirely muscle

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Minorkos posted:

while adding up the calories in my head over the day. there's very little room for underestimation

You are underestimating and bad at dieting

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DoubleT2172 posted:

You are underestimating and bad at dieting

No, you are

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Minorkos posted:

No, you are

Lol guy who can't lose weight is telling me I don't know what I am doing. Perfect

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DoubleT2172 posted:

Lol guy who can't lose weight is telling me I don't know what I am doing. Perfect

lol i didn't instantly drop down to a 1500 kcal deficit after a 5 month bulk, guess i'm a loving retard

even if i was underestimating my calories, it doesn't actually matter because then i'd be underestimating my calories all year round and making adjustments based on my own private fan-canon calories. maybe my brain is broken and i actually eat 6000 kcal during bulking and 4000 kcal during cutting. no one knows

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
arguing about diets

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Minorkos posted:

lol i didn't instantly drop down to a 1500 kcal deficit after a 5 month bulk, guess i'm a loving retard

even if i was underestimating my calories, it doesn't actually matter because then i'd be underestimating my calories all year round and making adjustments based on my own private fan-canon calories. maybe my brain is broken and i actually eat 6000 kcal during bulking and 4000 kcal during cutting. no one knows

You sure don't because you don't know how to count calories, clearly

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

Chinatown posted:

arguing about diets

Powerlift and eat what you want instead. :D

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
There's no room for calorie counting in the dad-strong diet.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DoubleT2172 posted:

You sure don't because you don't know how to count calories, clearly

i guess it's easier to count when you're a manlet

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
up your grease intake so the food just slides right through you

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

up your grease intake so the food just slides right through you

Spicy food too, your colon shoots it out due to the fight or flight response.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Minorkos posted:

Lol strong insult from the fat gently caress who can't lose weight. I guess 5'10" is manlet territory now?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
please do not height shame

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Being shorter is probably a good thing because you don't bend with your back as much

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Minorkos posted:

Oh Jesus 6'3 and 202 pounds and feels the need to diet. You skinny gently caress. I am 5 inches less than you and 210lbs. Put on some muscle before you try to diet you skinny-fat gently caress

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
This thread seems to alternate between chill and rage quite a bit :ohdear:

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Pesmerga posted:

Well I've been dosing a suppository of yohimbe bark and I get a bit moody at times

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Pesmerga posted:

Sorry, got my jimmies rustled by the fact this guy says he can't lose any weight but can count calories and he must be in STARVATION MODE and not the fact that he can't count for poo poo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
diets are for little weak babies

become a huge fat baby instead

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

DoubleT2172 posted:

Lol strong insult from the fat gently caress who can't lose weight. I guess 5'10" is manlet territory now?

5'10" is king of manlets but still a manlet, sorry bro.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Bakalakadaka posted:

5'10" is king of manlets but still a manlet, sorry bro.

Can't argue with that. I did almost say I was King of the manlets actually lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i ate a lot of food on sunday

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

DoubleT2172 posted:

shh chill out

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Pesmerga posted:

It's the before/after workout effect of testosterone surge.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Pesmerga posted:

That's why I post here instead of YLLS. :getin:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

numberoneposter posted:

i ate a lot of food on sunday

easter brunch at the mom in law, ate lots of french toast, sausage and ham + cheese croissants. gonna get off work soon and eat more leftovers :madmax:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Minorkos posted:

i'm counting every food item i eat while adding up the calories in my head over the day. there's very little room for underestimation since i "very rarely" eat anything that i don't know the exact calorie amount for. my body is just being a dick lately it seems

i'm not new to this, i'm just new to cutting suddenly being hard as heck. a couple of years ago, i managed to lose weight at 3000kcal a day eating pizzas and stuff on a daily basis. but i suppose my old age of 22 is getting to me and i have to make a real tryhard cut to lose weight. i had the same thing going on last year when my progress absolutely halted for a few months despite eating 1800-2000kcal and doing tons of weight & interval training. i couldn't believe i was stalling with that kind of deficit so i didn't even think to eat even less. eventually, i forced myself to like 1600 calories a day with the same amount of exercise and i lost like 1-2kg after a month of it, which turned out to be almost entirely muscle

This right here is the source of your issues.

Nothing has changed, friend, you're just not consuming the calories you think you are. Unless you're measuring each and every food eaten with a scale, you don't really know how much you're eating.

Do what you want--it doesn't matter to me--but if you're not getting the results you want, take a step back and re-evaluate your approach.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
People who say 'manlet' tend to look like this.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

This right here is the source of your issues.

i eat food made by other people about once a week, if that. and i usually find out how many calories there was in the food i eat, and if i can't find out the exact number then i'll make estimation skewed upwards. but typically i cook for myself and i look at how much food im putting on my plate. i don't exactly eat stuff randomly and then just guess the calories. at the end of the day i use google to calculate exactly how many calories i got from my 3-4 daily meals and then i'll eat something extra if it was too low.

but maybe the calculator is broken

Unless you're measuring each and every food eaten with a scale, you don't really know how much you're eating.

i use either a scale or i memorize the calorie count per serving and per 100g and i multiply that number by the amount of food items i eat

Say Nothing posted:

People who say 'manlet' tend to look like this.

don't doxx me please

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Minorkos posted:

i eat food made by other people about once a week, if that. and i usually find out how many calories there was in the food i eat, and if i can't find out the exact number then i'll make estimation skewed upwards. but typically i cook for myself and i look at how much food im putting on my plate. i don't exactly eat stuff randomly and then just guess the calories. at the end of the day i use google to calculate exactly how many calories i got from my 3-4 daily meals and then i'll eat something extra if it was too low.

but maybe the calculator is broken

i use either a scale or i memorize the calorie count per serving and per 100g and i multiply that number by the amount of food items i eat

don't doxx me please

You're right dude. Must be something else

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my first appearance as a sponsored athlete on social media

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDhEQvbL1Hq/

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

You're right dude. Must be something else

this was actually an exceedingly stupid discussion at least on my part because i just wanted to say "man sometimes you get really hungry during a cut am i right guys" but then i got defensive for some reason

i apologize to all readers

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

perhaps all who care about fitness are actually immensely insecure

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Minorkos posted:

this was actually an exceedingly stupid discussion at least on my part because i just wanted to say "man sometimes you get really hungry during a cut am i right guys" but then i got defensive for some reason

i apologize to all readers

But you are 6'3" and 200 lbs bro. You should not be cutting unless the only thing on your body is fat, skeleton, and connective tissue

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Bowling and masturbation, only things I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Wait, Crossfit is good?

http://espn.go.com/espnw/culture/th...FB&sf23278475=1

• Locked thread