Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

It's been a good while since I've visited the Cycle Asylum, but yesterday I got quite the upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

N is for Nipples posted:

It's been a good while since I've visited the Cycle Asylum, but yesterday I got quite the upgrade.

Theres one of those being sold locally to me that looks, very, very similar. Low odds, but are you in MI?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
YES! Congrats, those are the bees knees, and that looks to be in great condition. What do you think about it?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
They have a bee butt too especially if it's yellow.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

Theres one of those being sold locally to me that looks, very, very similar. Low odds, but are you in MI?

Not even close, nTX here.

Coydog posted:

YES! Congrats, those are the bees knees, and that looks to be in great condition. What do you think about it?

I basically have to loving learn to ride again because of the seating position and earth-shattering twerque. loving love it, though.

e: and it's got a +3 sprocket (oh god), the full M4 exhaust (receipt says it was $800 in 2005), and a Power Commander and dyno charts and receipts for the custom tune (that apparently gained 2.3 wheel horsepower!!)

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 24, 2016

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

N is for Nipples posted:

Looks very similar to mine. Congrats! I hope you like it as much as I do

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Welcome to the sv krew

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

M42 posted:

Welcome to the sv krew

My bike is so well documented that I now know where your icon is from. I want to use it for everything now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is that a 650 or a 1k?

Either way, nice bike and welcome to the sv krew

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Rode it in the mountains of Berkeley and the east bay

Also have some a potato quality picture of turkey.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Partial Octopus posted:

I bought a thing and then put some things on it.

It's fun.

A little late but how effective is the little windscreen? I've got one without it and when I look at the price compared to what it actually covers I think "ehhhhhhh"

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
That one looks like it's designed to work in a tuck.

But generally, and especially if you have a naked bike, windshields are not worth the fuss and you should be ashamed of even thinking about it.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is that a 650 or a 1k?

Either way, nice bike and welcome to the sv krew

SV1000. :getin:

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I prefer the windscreen off on my Vstrom 1k but it looks so weird without one. I went with a smaller black windscreen which looks fine in my opinion and is comfortable. Unfortunately it puts the wind at my neck and definitely makes it louder. Thought about just cutting a couple inches off it.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

A little flyscreen really quiets down the noise around the cluster, as well as keeping it mostly dry when riding in the rain. Well, sort of dry.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Rides bike in rain, is concerned about dry gauges

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Springfield Fatts posted:

A little late but how effective is the little windscreen? I've got one without it and when I look at the price compared to what it actually covers I think "ehhhhhhh"

Super effective at making the bike look cooler from the front. Not so effective of doing anything with the wind at all.

Partial Octopus fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 24, 2016

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
That's what I figured, and screw anyone who talks poo poo on the bug eyes. I love my hosed up tiny WALL-E biek.

Edit: I also second what someone said about the stock can. It sounds fine and somehow all the ugly angular-ness of it works.

Springfield Fatts fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 24, 2016

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

clutchpuck posted:

Rides bike in rain, is concerned about dry gauges

It's just nice to not have to deal with it.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

That's what I figured, and screw anyone who talks poo poo on the bug eyes. I love my hosed up tiny WALL-E biek.

Edit: I also second what someone said about the stock can. It sounds fine and somehow all the ugly angular-ness of it works.

Yeah but I still want the arrow.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I bought a thing the other day

I was looking for a used retro-ish standard and boy does this fit the retro part of the bill. 2015 Moto Guzzi V7 Special. A dealer in town is selling them for 2.5k off MSRP to make way for the new hotness (The 2016 V7II).

I'm really enjoying it so far, I've never owned a new bike, nor anything with this much displacement.

ADINSX fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 24, 2016

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

It sounds fine, but the Arrow sounds markedly better and also looks a lot nicer. Don't kid yourself. :P

As for the windscreen, I much prefer the look with it and I'm pretty sure I have seen anecdotes saying that adding the screen cuts down on helmet buffeting/wind pressure on your front.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Phrasing posted:

Well here's mine.

Nice! Looks great in black. A '16, yeah?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I washed it for the first time since buying it (over a year ago (because I am a filthy degenerate))

Not pictured: SC1 polish afterwards. poo poo smells so good.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

M42 posted:

I washed it for the first time since buying it (over a year ago (because I am a filthy degenerate))

Not pictured: SC1 polish afterwards. poo poo smells so good.

Love that shade of blue

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What's the reason for rolling a PR on the back and a something else on the front?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I lost the matching rear to a nail a scant 1k miles after putting it on. The front's getting low, so I was planning to replace it with a PR this summer.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Why'd you wash it? If you let it get dirty enough Hnasty will just wash it for you.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

My bike has a 20 yard restraining order against hnasty

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Recommend you get a larger can. Your can is too small.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Good to see signs of life at knoxville again

E: video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxP5YUncnRw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3FygZMnZUc

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 25, 2016

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

VERTiG0 posted:

Nice! Looks great in black. A '16, yeah?

Yep. First new vehicle I've purchased and probably the only one I'll ever buy. It's kind of fun having a brand spanking new motorcycle though.

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug
Traded in my Striple for a Bolt cause I got fat and have bad knees.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
The Bolt was my first bike when I started riding a couple years ago, and I really liked it.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Group photo! Click for absolutely massive because I'm too lazy to resize pics from my phone.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

N is for Nipples posted:

Group photo! Click for absolutely massive because I'm too lazy to resize pics from my phone.

What model Honda is that? Love the two tone red.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

ADINSX posted:

What model Honda is that?

Going by the Comstars, air cooled p-twin, and pull-back bars, I'd say a its a CM400.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Interesting passenger peg situation there on the SV. Is there an equal muzzy on the other side? Are there spacers on both sides, or is that a 2 into 1 can and it's so oversized you need the spacers on just that one side? Does the passenger being spread eagle like that cause much wind drag?

So many questions.

Normally little bottom fairings on naked bikes look bad, but on that sv it just amplifies the musclebike look. It's an intimidating looking bike that makes you think of a freight train you want to stay out of the way of.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

Interesting passenger peg situation there on the SV. Is there an equal muzzy on the other side? Are there spacers on both sides, or is that a 2 into 1 can and it's so oversized you need the spacers on just that one side? Does the passenger being spread eagle like that cause much wind drag?

So many questions.

Normally little bottom fairings on naked bikes look bad, but on that sv it just amplifies the musclebike look. It's an intimidating looking bike that makes you think of a freight train you want to stay out of the way of.

It's a 2-into-1. There's only one spacer, which means the passenger footpegs are hilariously asymmetrical. I'll probably never know how it rides with a passenger, though. It does stick out enough to be somewhat of an annoyance if I'm walking the bike.

HotCanadianChick posted:

Going by the Comstars, air cooled p-twin, and pull-back bars, I'd say a its a CM400.

A CM400A Hondamatic, probably the world's easiest bike to ride. The spectacular comfiness is only amplified when I get off the SV.

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Ah, that's really funny, but makes sense. Why do you leave the passenger pegs on, then? I doubt they are strong enough to protect the exhaust if you drop the bike (but would be cool if they were).