Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Haskell9 posted:

What's fun about this site is I have no way of knowing whether your post was sincere or a piss-take. What's even more fun is that was a compliment.

I know exactly what you mean! But I was actually being sincere - that's her acting name, right? So your acting name has to be completely unique, it's a stage name. Gardiner won't be her real name. If that's her name on IMDB then it's a stage name.

e: catte

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

I know exactly what you mean! But I was actually being sincere - that's her acting name, right? So your acting name has to be completely unique, it's a stage name. Gardiner won't be her real name. If that's her name on IMDB then it's a stage name.

i bet her real name is

anabelle 'boo' huxley

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

alf_pogs posted:

i bet her real name is

anabelle 'boo' huxley

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
edited ^^^^^^^^^Y^T^

SomethingJones posted:

I want alf_pogs to be right because it's funny.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

if you are paying attention you would know that sandi is not good at everything, she has gone on record that she is crap at rowing which is pretty embarrassing

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

SomethingJones posted:

That section starts at around 30mins in.

I am completely melted now so that's it until tomorrow - I should have another quiet-ish night in work tomorrow and might do more. That's it up to about 35mins. It's loving mental guys, I can't wait until the day I sit down and watch a documentary on all of this, because it'll have to be made.

Sandi Gardiner ladies and gentlemen.

Isn't it though!

Thanks for transcribing these missives. Much easier than watching it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

G0RF posted:

The "do they or don't they have money" question -- with the mysterious EightAce on one side, and the irascible Derek on the other -- is really the most interesting question there is.

Derek has a bomb he's soon to throw it seems, so perhaps this matter will resolve itself soon. In the meantime, if they are facing an extermination event they sure don't seem to be acting like it and we're not yet seeing meaningful corroborations of it...

I'm holding out hope they're fat with investor cash and this thread has another year or more of fuel. It keeps delivering-- against all odds and in defiance of belief-- it keeps on delivering.

i have a feeling that this is going to be another flacid derek bomb like the previous ones, but cig will some how self own harder than one can imagine (derek will take credit for this, bookmark this post).

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Sisyphus posted:

if you are paying attention you would know that sandi is not good at everything, she has gone on record that she is crap at rowing which is pretty embarrassing

This brought much shame to house Gardiner, one of the most influential houses in the great state of South Australia.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
She's great at the MMAs though and you have to be one tough customer to run a nightclub as a teenage girl.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Differo Cathedra posted:

Thanks for transcribing these missives. Much easier than watching it.

You are welcome good commando

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Google Butt posted:

i have a feeling that this is going to be another flacid derek bomb like the previous ones, but cig will some how self own harder than one can imagine (derek will take credit for this, bookmark this post).

Yeah my personal take on all this is Derek is right about everything and really bad (unlike eightAce) at revealing poo poo in a timely, non-annoying manner.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Google Butt posted:

Fuckin same

But the whole eluding sandi to an elektra-esque south aussie veebs refuge is intriguing

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Tbqh just upset I didn't see her on daredevil season 2

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

squirrelzipper posted:

This is what bugs me about the model the most. Gee I get to give you money without receiving any equity OR interest and its not secured by any guarantee or assets? Well gently caress, where do I sign up?

Oh no an unsecured loan of like 10-50$! Yeah it gets stupid when people are throwing 100's to 1000's of dollars at these things but but for the most part people are putting small amounts of money into them.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Wait. Did Derek reveal the 20k coffee machine or was it someone else?

I'm so lost now. I never want this train wreck to end.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Kramjacks posted:

Oh no an unsecured loan of like 10-50$! Yeah it gets stupid when people are throwing 100's to 1000's of dollars at these things but but for the most part people are putting small amounts of money into them.

Tbh I got some pretty great spatulas from Kickstarter. But that was like $50. And real.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

jaegerx posted:

Wait. Did Derek reveal the 20k coffee machine or was it someone else?

I'm so lost now. I never want this train wreck to end.
Derek has been talking about it for quite some time-- AP dropped the pic into the thread and helped turn legendary rumor into tangible reality.

So I say "Teamwork!" made that happen.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

SomethingJones posted:

I get a lot of CALLS from… aahh… ssss… ess… you know there’s always BUZZWORDS, ‘S’ ‘C’ ‘O’, strategic… something… something, and like… BROADENING YOUR REACH through GOOGLE SITES and THINGS

Hey Jones the pain you're enduring is unimaginable - but I found an error in the line I quoted. She actually says 'S' 'E' 'O' which is loving hilarious because she doesn't know what search engine optimization is and I believe that's what she's referencing.

e: for reference, it's at about 0:31:22 here

Solarin fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 30, 2016

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

Happy Sisyphus posted:

...so not a team player then?

Also..

I must say Sir, your avatar is beyond epic..

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Also, her 'scuba diving show' was two pilot episodes for a series called Destination which was recorded in 2004.

http://24fpsproductions.com/24fps/portfolio/destination/index.html

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mdxi posted:

Sincerely,
Sandi Gardiner
BSc. Hons MBA Grap Dip Whoah Did Ehp Did Eh Woh Did Ed.
Director of Marketing

Lol

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Solarin posted:

Hey Jones the pain you're enduring is unimaginable - but I found an error in the line I quoted. She actually says 'S' 'E' 'O' which is loving hilarious because she doesn't know what search engine optimization is and I believe that's what she's referencing.

Thank you friend, fixed!

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

mdxi posted:

Sincerely,
Sandi Gardiner
BSc. Hons MBA Grap Dip Whoah Did Ehp Did Eh Woh Did Ed.
Director of Marketing

:vince:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

quote:

Before I learned she was an actress, I thought she was a whore. Pardon me. Hard to tell. Lots of young girls look like it. Now and then I get one here, got to boot them out. But she was more... what?... crazy than anything.
I don't mean crazy like oddball or, you know, wacky funny. No, this one was certifiable. All that walking at night, all the wandering in the hallways, unable to sleep, a woman with demons pursuing her. Still, I had to tell her to
leave, but I never got around to doing it. Maybe I wouldn't have. I felt sorry for her. A pretty girl and so crazy. Still, people like Chris Roberts came to see her. What does that tell you? She told my granddaughter she was
gonna marry Chris Roberts, and my Susie started crying. But I told her that Chris Roberts is not marrying Sandi. Not on this good green Earth. Him, up there in the movies. Big time. All la-di-dah in his sunglasses. No way
he's marrying her. You know what she was? A failed actress. And let me tell you, there's nothing more pathetic in this town than a failed actress. Pity and tsk tsk from everyone. You didn't make it. Of course, they think they
will. This town's bottom heavy with sad lives.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Kramjacks posted:

Oh yeah, the average $25 KS for a revolutionary wallet or w/e is fine and honestly what the platform was designed for imo. As you say it's when it starts to get into four figure 'investments' I go wtf? And that's what's going to bring the regulators in too.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Solarin posted:

e: for reference, it's at about 0:31:22 here

Sandi has an IQ in the low 9O'S.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Also holy gently caress this thread, the republican primary and an EvE war. I can't drink from the firehose anymore.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Kramjacks posted:

yeah and if the crowdfunded business fails to deliver then everybody will get a sweet chart like this so nobody really loses:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

squirrelzipper posted:

Also holy gently caress this thread, the republican primary and an EvE war. I can't drink from the firehose anymore.

now that you mention it, does anyone have a summary of what''s happening in EvE right now.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

flyboi posted:

But the catch-all is stimpire :haw:

Not sure what to do? Pain triples for you!

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Solarin posted:

yeah and if the crowdfunded business fails to deliver then everybody will get a sweet chart like this so nobody really loses:

"*not to scale" should be the official motto of cloud imperium games incorporated

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

spacetoaster posted:

quote:

Before I learned she was an actress, I thought she was a whore. Pardon me. Hard to tell. Lots of young girls look like it. Now and then I get one here, got to boot them out. But she was more... what?... crazy than anything.
I don't mean crazy like oddball or, you know, wacky funny. No, this one was certifiable. All that walking at night, all the wandering in the hallways, unable to sleep, a woman with demons pursuing her. Still, I had to tell her to
leave, but I never got around to doing it. Maybe I wouldn't have. I felt sorry for her. A pretty girl and so crazy. Still, people like Chris Roberts came to see her. What does that tell you? She told my granddaughter she was
gonna marry Chris Roberts, and my Susie started crying. But I told her that Chris Roberts is not marrying Sandi. Not on this good green Earth. Him, up there in the movies. Big time. All la-di-dah in his sunglasses. No way
he's marrying her. You know what she was? A failed actress. And let me tell you, there's nothing more pathetic in this town than a failed actress. Pity and tsk tsk from everyone. You didn't make it. Of course, they think they
will. This town's bottom heavy with sad lives.

wtf is this?

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

SomethingJones posted:

Thank you good commandos for your words of encouragement and dramatic soundtracks. Once more unto the breach! My brain is very close, very close now to full liquification; an unfortunate and predictable side effect of the EXPOSURE.

I'm pretty sure this happens when you read an Elder Scroll as well. your version doesn't grant you sight beyond sight though so that sucks

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Toops posted:

wtf is this?

Lone Star Citizen

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Toops posted:

wtf is this?

I second this motion.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Gejnor posted:

Ah Alright, Gotcha

Are you putting in more effort than CIG at this point? Cause it almost feels that way :v:

Keep up the good work commando

I'm not putting in more effort than CIG, but I appreciate the sentiment.

It's just that CIG is wasting untold hours on complete bullshit.

I have around 70 classes in the codebase at this point, and I'm already starting to feel things getting hairy. There's a lot of refactoring to be done, but I'm burning hard to get a vertical slice of gameplay out to you guys for feedback.

Thing is, I'll actually do the refactors. Problem with CIG is, they're a really big team being driven in full burn mode at all times, so they likely don't have enough time to go back and un-gently caress the stuff that was rushed out for <insert marketing milestone here>. What they're left with is a codebase that's impossible to maneuver in and work with. So they have really smart guys and gals spending days wading through other people's rushed diarrhea code just to make small changes which proceed to break the hell out of everything, then spend more days unwinding the hellish nightmare of spaghetti to fix all the crap that simple change broke. Then those fixes break other poo poo, and on and on ad nauseum. Like, triples every second kind of nauseum.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have very few solid programmers left who are willing to work in dev hell for 12 hours a day.

Toops fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Mar 30, 2016

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Toops posted:

wtf is this?

Was reading and thought it would be funny if I changed it a little bit.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

That is some great original artwork you got there!

also lol

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

spacetoaster posted:

Was reading and thought it would be funny if I changed it a little bit.

Oh no I thought it was funny too, just thought it was something someone actually said about sandi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SomethingJones posted:

e: catte

Good catte.

• Locked thread