Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
When Chris Roberts unleashed his response to the escapist there was a period where I was so embarrassed on his behalf that I actually couldn't bring myself to read it. I'm having that same feeling now looking at this script. That's the feeling that sets this thread apart. That is the CIG Difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

(pause) I love you.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

I feel embarrassed for all the actors involved all over again reading this and visualizing Mark Hamill or Gillian Anderson speaking this poo poo.

It is edgy because Luke Skywalker curses a lot you see

No Mods No Masters posted:

The Blesnick man finally took a break from scanning wing commander design docs to create my special limited edition prize jpeg :toot:

I'm finally space rich, sprich

I thought they were from his personal collection! I am shocked that a CIG affiliated kickstarter was involved with dishonest fundraising efforts and marketing :ohdear:

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 1, 2016

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The Blesnick man finally took a break from scanning wing commander design docs to create my special limited edition prize jpeg :toot:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

no_recall posted:

Thanks, now i have the OP song running through my head. And it won't stop.

MAKE IT STOP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMNsDOOW0Ck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmalZOqtv7A

e: gently caress me, ninja'd hours ago. woe is me.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Tortolia posted:

I feel embarrassed for all the actors involved all over again reading this and visualizing Mark Hamill or Gillian Anderson speaking this poo poo.

It is edgy because Luke Skywalker curses a lot you see

:ohdear:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

SQ42 footage on total lockdown because CIG doesn't want their to be any spoilers but they leave giant chunks of script into their alpha build.

lmao.

LMAO!!!

I wish I could watch this company and its retard fanbase twist in the wind forever.

And here I was, about to go back to sleep when this miracle happens!

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

Before you meant nothing to me, but now you have an air of power and dignity about you.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

HexDog posted:

(pause) I love you.

New thread title

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Tokamak posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4ctbdt/sq42_script/
http://pastebin.com/G8fNs8dT

Apparently some of the Squadron 42 script got left in the new build, and the shitizens are getting frothy.

Oscar quality script

Just skimming over bits and its full of 'witty' sarcastic quips from your crew mates. Demonstrating once again that croberts is not a hack.
This is all as turgid as the Bishop speech. It's so, so horrible. I can't picture those lines sounding like anything but shite from even really talent voice actors-- and SQ42 only has one true pro.

Chris approved it -- all of it. He asked AAA talent to voice and act it. I mean I wasn't expecting something revolutionary or anything but I can't believe that it's all so dull and hackneyed.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

HexDog posted:

(pause) I love you.

Thats the player speaking to Pusher, right?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

oh cool we get to enthusiastically torture someone

quote:

[E1C08S07A_Attack]
[Player]: "Tell me, why did you attack Shubin?"
[Aldo Braga]: "That make you feel tough?"
[Aldo Braga]: "No way a little poo poo like you's going to break me."
[Player]: "I don't think you understands how this works. Now talk."
[Aldo Braga]: "gently caress you."
[Aldo Braga]: "You think I'm scared of you?"
[Player]: "*Attack #1*"
[Player]: "*Attack #2*"
[Player]: "Why did the OMC attack Shubin?"
[Player]: "*Attack #3*"
[Player]: "This is your last chance to talk."
[Aldo Braga]: "I'm gonna rip out your throat. I'm gonna watch you bleed."
[Player]: "Wrong answer."
[Conrad Vex]: "Lieutenant, maybe he's had enough."
[Aldo Braga]: "Stay out of it, Vex."
[Player]: "*Attack #4*"
[Player]: "I think I almost prefer it when you don't answer."
[Aldo Braga]: "gently caress... you..."
[Player]: "*Attack #5*"
[Conrad Vex]: "Geez, is he..."
[Aldo Braga]: "He'll be fine."
[Aldo Braga]: "*Prisoner 1 gets knocked out*"
[Aldo Braga]: "The dumb son of a bitch deserved it."
[Conrad Vex]: "We have to call the doc."
[Aldo Braga]: "No we don't. Nothing happened."
[Conrad Vex]: "Aldo, we can't just -"
[Aldo Braga]: "Leave it, Vex."

so grim and gritty

e:

quote:

[Gunner 02]: "poo poo, poo poo, poo poo."

yep

LGD fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 1, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
[Captain Thomas Wade]: "Remember the lost squad? Hmm? That was him. Back when the first Clan hit, the Fall of Caliban, his squadron held the systems for two days 'til reinforcements arrived. He was two weeks into his first assignment. He was the only surviving pilot. He's been the Old Man ever since. So if he has an opinion, I suggest you listen. Ok?"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

G0RF posted:

This is all as turgid as the Bishop speech. It's so, so horrible. I can't picture those lines sounding like anything but shite from even really talent voice actors-- and SQ42 only has one true pro.

Chris approved it -- all of it. He asked AAA talent to voice and act it. I mean I wasn't expecting something revolutionary or anything but I can't believe that it's all so dull and hackneyed.

You can't believe it, really?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Ben groaned as he awoke drenched in sweat. As of late this had become more frequent and was by no means unusual. What was unusual was the absence of his wife Alexis, she was never up this early. He grunted has he hefted himself to a sitting position. Ben had never been thin but his weight had been ballooning lately and as the weeks went by even things like sitting and standing had become more and more elaborate rituals.

He swung his legs over the side of the bed and shimmied forward.

"Now for the worst part" he sighed.

He flexed and relaxed his legs a few time to prepare them for their burden. After a few moments he inhaled then pushed his bulk off the bed. His knees let him know of their grievances but they held. He straightened up and trundled to the door bracing briefly against the frame to catch his breath.

The master bedroom was located on the second floor and much to Ben's chagrin Alexis had refused his idea to temporarily relocate to the guest bedroom on the first floor which meant in order to leave the house he was forced to contend with fourteen of his most hated foes. He gritted his teeth has he got to the stairs and began his descent. He still had fears of one or both of his legs going through a step like they had the month before, the steps complained but otherwise the trip was uneventful.

At the bottom of the steps he noticed a light on in the kitchen as he headed towards it he heard crying, his wife was seated at the kitchen table eyes red and puffy, tears still drying on her cheeks.

"Well look who's up" she said a hint of anger creeping into her voice.

Ben rolled his eyes and shuffled towards the refrigerator she had been getting increasingly hostile ever since the company's payroll had gotten delayed. She couldn't understand that this was temporary that everything would be back to normal, maybe not today or next week but surely next month, they could get by on savings that long.

Ben opened the fridge and his face fell. A singular can of red bull remained.

"Sorry I forgot to buy groceries again, you understand right" Alexis called behind him words dripping with sarcasm.

"Alexis don't start with this again Chris is good for it and you know it."

Alexis laughed.

"How much of the money do you think is left Ben? Do you think this has a happy end where you get to trot up to that rear end in a top hat-"

"Enough!" Ben roared.

Now she had done it. She could bad mouth the company all she wanted but not him, not Chris. Chris' vision was the only thing that kept him going. Chris WOULD come through he HAD to.

"He's done more for us than anyone Alexis. He has a vision and if we stick to that vision he'll carry us towards a brighter future"

Alexis just laughed.

"Does that vision include laying you off?"

"Of course it doesn't" Ben said, he wasn't comfortable with the direction this conversation was headed.

"You sure about that?" Alexis picked a piece of paper off the table and held it out. Ben snatched it away from her. It was plain printer paper and scrawled on it were fourteen words

Ben gonna to have to let you go budget cuts I'm sure you understand

His hands shook and the room began to spin, he wanted to believe it was a lie but the signature was unmistakable his hero. His everything.

"Ben?" Alexis said, her voice strained with concern.

"Ya whoah did ehp did eh woh did" was all Ben could manage before consciousness failed him.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 1, 2016

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

Post/av combo

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

LGD posted:

oh cool we get to enthusiastically torture someone

so grim and gritty

e:

yep

So in a twist Aldo Braga was torturing... himself?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

[Captain Thomas Wade]: "Remember the lost squad? Hmm? That was him. Back when the first Clan hit, the Fall of Caliban, his squadron held the systems for two days 'til reinforcements arrived. He was two weeks into his first assignment. He was the only surviving pilot. He's been the Old Man ever since. So if he has an opinion, I suggest you listen. Ok?"

Wait, the Clans? We doing Battletech now?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

SQ42 footage on total lockdown because CIG doesn't want their to be any spoilers but they leave giant chunks of script into their alpha build.

lmao.

LMAO!!!

I wish I could watch this company and its retard fanbase twist in the wind forever.
all this after they said they had a system to keep sq42 assets from being pushed out with alpha pu builds lmao

lol

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Kramjacks posted:

So in a twist Aldo Braga was torturing... himself?

I was confused by that was well, possibly the sound of the nameless goon you're beating on is originating from Braga- that would at least sort of make sense

I mean not *actually* make sense but it's the only way that dialogue works

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

[Detrick Roto Rotobi]: "That might be difficult, sir. Applied Sciences has tried to in the past with little success. See, the coil phenomenon is a blend of thermal and electromagnetic energy, it's fascinating really. Makes it near inpenetrable."
[Detrick Roto Rotobi]: "I suppose with enough time, I could modify a recon torpedo to use extremely low frequency focused beams to penetrate in the cloud and -"
[Cara Web Webster]: "That won't work."
[Detrick Roto Rotobi]: "I'm sorry?"
[Cara Web Webster]: "That'll only show you what's inside the clouds. We need to find the paths through the clouds. The places where there isn't Coil."

wow Detrick Roto Rotobi just got loving OWNEED.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if we can get all of the S42 character names banned in twitch chat tomorrow

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

mods please change my name to detrick roto rotobi

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
It's a ploy to excuse more delays. Chris will throw a fit and claim he has to re-write everything from zero because his masterpiece has been spoiled. Also why he has to reshoot mocap.

And the new plot will conveniently not need that one actor that wants out

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Mods, please, while Derek is away on self-imposed exile, change the loving thread title to something better.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

AugmentedVision posted:

It's a ploy to excuse more delays. Chris will throw a fit and claim he has to re-write everything from zero because his masterpiece has been spoiled. Also why he has to reshoot mocap.

Nice.

Chris Roberts understands game development.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

A Neurotic Jew posted:

wow Detrick Roto Rotobi just got loving OWNEED.

Detrick Not-So-Smart

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

well there's one eightace pronouncement deflated. Unless it was added back in afterwards :tinfoil:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Curiosity got the better of me and I read a little bit. Can't say I'm surprised, but the dialogue is really well written. It's natural and isn't strictly utilitarian; the characters sound like real people in a living, complex universe. From the little I've read, I'm even more hyped for SQ42 now.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Croberts is going to have to rename all the characters named in that script. New face mocap will be needed to account for these changes. drat it's a good night in the 'verse

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Mr.Tophat posted:

Mods, please, while Derek is away on self-imposed exile, change the loving thread title to something better.

do we have any good recent quotes? I vote "Ryan Archer's Art Appropriation Station"

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

[Aldo Braga]: "Why do you think? Credits. A poo poo ton of them."
[Player]: "On a mining base like Shubin?"
[Aldo Braga]: "You know what's funny? I don't even care about the creds no more. You all? I'm killing you all for free."

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

I wonder how Chris will react when he hears people are making GBS threads on it

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Mr.Tophat posted:

You know, in probably less than a week this thread will be at 3000 pages. Maybe a new one is in order.

Edit: Wrong quote.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Against all the odds, they just released SQ42. The text adventure.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

LGD posted:

do we have any good recent quotes? I vote "Ryan Archer's Art Appropriation Station"

Nah, the best quote was from the shitizen forums. Something like, "because star citizen is such an open project, progress must happen behind closed doors"

Which is all the better due to this leak

Someone find the accurate quote

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Star Citizen (pause) I love you.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Kakarot posted:

Curiosity got the better of me and I read a little bit. Can't say I'm surprised, but the dialogue is really well written. It's natural and isn't strictly utilitarian; the characters sound like real people in a living, complex universe. From the little I've read, I'm even more hyped for SQ42 now.

source quotes plz

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Google Butt posted:

It really is worse than I imagined. And I imagined really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gravity_Storm posted:

Against all the odds, they just released SQ42. The text adventure.

SQ42, the visual novel. Featuring the finest Ryan Archer original source material, goon photoshops and cat pictures.

• Locked thread