Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

EightAce posted:

Good morning

The professor shares many quirks with Mr Roberts , not least of all the total inability to deliver on a milestone, in Derek's case that of Armageddon, However .......

He is right in everything he says
He has always been right.

I guess he is currently out of sorts because of what he knows and because he can do nothing with it at all. This must be totally frustrating for him. He has all the right notes , but slightly in the wrong order. Everything he has hinted at, indeed , outright stated, from his first blog and his social media feed. In amongst all the self righteous bluster , there lie the facts of what is happening, happening right now.
This is now beyond simple comedy, the powers involved are such that he cannot say anything specific without getting himself right in the poo poo. Also the E.L.E to which he refers is a multi faceted thing. Although the phrase E.LE is rather strong we are not talking national security here.

For the record Derek has always had the interest of the backers and the dev staff at heart I truly believe that. There was probably some free publicity for LOD and various other selfish motivations but I truly think that is where his crusade started. Its beyond all that now though, this whole thing is simply an industry wide joke , the punchline will not be so amusing . There are no more dates I can give you and I will not give you any more info other than to point out, weeks ago when I said just how bad this interactive movie is has to be seen to be believed . Well now you have seen a very old iteration of the script ....I need say no more.

There is no reason for this to end up on TCE ;) as it doesn't shed light on anything or provide any new info other than an attempt to explain the professors chagrin. Be nice to the old boy, I have commissioned a birthday card for him from a talented young artist that has been brought to my attention called Ryan Archer. He's cheap as chips as well ........something about being between jobs?

april fools. CR picks up oscar for best script in a short film.

stay safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Wrecked Angle posted:

Goon afternoon, what is happening today?

Oh, we have a leaked script? hosed if I'm reading any of that!

A rather marvellous glass door review which tells you precisely zero about what it's like to work at CIG and lots about how great Star Citizen is going to be. Good.

EightAce backs up Derek's predictions. Interesting.

Really poo poo April fools by CIG, like even worse than my 5 minute BBC page edit. Not really surprising since the whole company has no creativity whatsoever.

Beer has the secrets! Two weeks!

It's a real feel good Friday

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

:tinfoil:
I'm gonna guess the Feds are about to crack down on money laundering through Kickstarter and/or video games, and Star Citizen is at the top of the list of people to investigate

loving 111.3 million dollars!

As usual Croberts just Ryan Archer'd the idea from a Breaking Bad episode.

Penguin Bacon
Apr 19, 2010
Does anyone have the pastebin of the leaked scripted? How many times is the word "smart" used during it?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

cocaine dad show posted:

It's a real feel good Friday

I don't think this loving thread is loving jacked enough for the loving ELE and Moses-level exodus that is happening NOW-3d

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Here's some more Star Plebian lore, this time about Goonrathi!

The collective Goonrathi is a surprisingly cosmopolitan faction, perfect for whatever stupid convoluted backstory you come up with for your little Mary-Sue player character there. Last of their kind? Secret royalty? That's adorable.

No, truth is, the Goonrathi is made up of all sorts of different, funny-lookin' sentient species. Their respective ancestors made war upon each other until their original societies were nearly wiped out; what survived eventually became the “Goonrathi”. Instilled with a strong survival instinct from birth, modern Goonrathi still have a general distrust and loathing for each other, but considerably less than the xenophobia they have for any non-Goonrathi.

Most Goonrathi ship owners dabble in a little of everything, from basic thuggery to good old fashioned mail fraud. They can be persuaded to act professional for a modest fee more, at least until their ship clears the station. Their sense of caution and fear of the unknown make them lousy explorers but very, very well prepared adventurers and soldiers of fortune, and once they agree to something they indeed to make sure all parties survive to the very end, if only they can collect the rest of their paycheck. However, this collective “over-culture” is not the sole defining trait of a Goonrathi, as echos of old ways continue to persist among its member species.

Indeed, many of the species that were once fully Goonrathi have broken off-shoots to establish and revive their ancient cultures, losing most (but never all) of their mistrust. While these “forgetful folk” are technically friendly to their parent society (and lumped in with it whether they want it or not), “true” Goonrathi remain aloof around them, and prefer to use complicated coded clothing styles and passphrases to identify themselves to one another. However, it is easy to identify Goonrathi by simple observation; for example, in a party full of otherwise normal looking folks, the Goonrathi will either be alone in the corner sobbing or trying to look casual as they attempt to steal hors d'oeuvres or dinner mints while they think no one is looking.

That said, here are the “races” of the Goonrathi -

Humans - the boring and mostly hairless primates that are probably from an ancient Earth, or pre-date it because WHAT A TWIST! Normally associated with industriousness and adaptability, because that's exactly what they want you to believe. While not terribly far from the truth, Humans have a streak of laziness in them which is what really drives their need to invent time-saving devices. The two offshoots of Humanity that managed to stay out of the Great Goonrathi War went on to become the Spergians and the Ten Stimpires, if that tells you anything. Oh, which reminds me, Humans can be pretty Sick Fucks, too.

Pee-Grabz - a race of Uplifted cats which retain many cat abilities, including being innately sneaky assholes but also are pretty cool too. They understand space flight and can do clever field repairs on ships when absolutely necessary, but prefer to just straight up hijack a new ship, until they break it beyond repair or just get bored and move on to a new one. This technically makes them nomads, but they are not wrong when they list their homeworld as “Ship”. Pee-Grabz have a peculiar carefree way of speech, and their writing is riddled with typos despite impressive penmanship. If they can be convinced to stay on a non-Pee-Grabs crew, they excel at being Ship Engineers, yes.

Eownephonts - Small adorable pink elephant people that exist purely so we can include a key-chain of them in our overpriced collector's edition of Solar Plebian. They are well liked as much as Goonrathi “like” things, and often can be found as diplomats or traders or just hanging out and talking about things. They are slightly larger than a Pee-Grabs, and they love drinking good alcohol and break dancing, often multitasking the two. They love cartoons too, and are generally glad of lots of things and are sure to let you know it, too.

The Tijuana Bibliophile - we only got one of these, as one is all you ever need. He looks like some sort of human octopus that had crazy sex with an instrument designed by Dr. Seuss in a fever dream. Otherwise a nice chap, handy in a fist fight, and spokesman for a company that makes vending machines that for some reason dispenses badly drawn gently caress-books. Because of these, he is a trillionaire and bought some ad space for this very description, so here we are. Buy Tijuana Bibliophile Brand Tijuana Bibles, where you work or bank!

Melmacians - Sure why not, gotta pad this section out anyway. Mortal enemy of the Pee-Grabz because they eat cats you see.

Daztek - famous for being yet another race of Goonrathi randomly chosen from an avatar, but unlike the Tijuana Bibliophile, there's a lot of these things. No one knows if they have a beak or just weird lips, because no one can get close enough from the spittle they generate from talking. They are good at business so often can be found in hives full of them, which they call “office buildings” or occasionally “the Department of Motor Spaceships”. Despite all looking the same regardless of gender, they can have very diverse personalities that are lost on non-Daztek because every last Daztek sounds like Daffy Duck gargling motor oil. They also like showtunes.

Note: The alien races depicted here are based on the avatars of SA posters, not the posters themselves

I regret nothin'

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The brochure is actually really funny, and they probably could have gotten away with selling a $5 skin.

HotsauceShoTYME
Feb 5, 2016

CrazyTolradi posted:

So @WhiteknightNL who's Twitter feed was 80% about Derek Smart has had his account suspended. I'm sad now because I really wanted to watch his feed as this pot slowly boils and explodes all over Shitizens.

From exchanges I had with him on twitter he is not even a backer. He just has a hard on for Derek.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Can somebody tell me the major spoilers from the script leak so I can post them in strategic places? Thx

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

MilesK posted:

:tinfoil:
I'm gonna guess the Feds are about to crack down on money laundering through Kickstarter and/or video games, and Star Citizen is at the top of the list of people to investigate

My guess is it's the DEA, and they're going to start by investigating Chris Roberts' nose.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The brochure is actually really funny, and they probably could have gotten away with selling a $5 skin.

oh they will sell one.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Can somebody tell me the major spoilers from the script leak so I can post them in strategic places? Thx
i think the ship gets boarded and everyone dies

or a ship gets boarded. i dunno there are like three characters that are captains

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

:yarg::gary:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

1500 posted:

oh they will sell one.

It would have been funnier if the variant was actually sold out.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

"Peter... Wake up, Peter... I brought you a chicken..."

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Penguin Bacon posted:

Does anyone have the pastebin of the leaked scripted? How many times is the word "smart" used during it?
http://pastebin.com/G8fNs8dT

Two times.

quote:

[Player]: "Forget about Karne. I want to know about Shubin. What's really going on there?"
[Aldo Braga]: "All you need to know is Karne gets what he wants and Karne wants Shubin."
[Player]: "But why?"
[Aldo Braga]: "Why do you think? Credits. A poo poo ton of them."
[Player]: "On a mining base like Shubin?"
[Aldo Braga]: "You know what's funny? I don't even care about the creds no more. You all? I'm killing you all for free."
[Player]: "You think making threats is a smart thing for a man in restraints to do?"
[Aldo Braga]: "Never been smart. Sure as hell not gonna start today."
[Aldo Braga]: "I'm done talking to you."
[Player]: "You're done when I say you're done."
[Player]: "You hear me?"
[Player]: "Fine. We'll see how you feel like talking after rotting a few more days in here."
[Aldo Braga]: "I'll keep at him for you. Let you know if he spills."

I think the bolded line is straight out of one of the Riddick films.

But clearly this is an older script since Chris Roberts made them rewrite it to remove the word Smart.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Penguin Bacon posted:

EightAce said it was a very old draft, so presumably that's why there's some smart in there

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That brochure seem a little too close to home. Like the person writing it doesn't give a poo poo anymore because the end is near. I mean, the Scout joke, the little Benny.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Literally Kermit posted:

Here's some more Star Plebian lore, this time about Goonrathi!

The collective Goonrathi is a surprisingly cosmopolitan faction, perfect for whatever stupid convoluted backstory you come up with for your little Mary-Sue player character there. Last of their kind? Secret royalty? That's adorable.

No, truth is, the Goonrathi is made up of all sorts of different, funny-lookin' sentient species. Their respective ancestors made war upon each other until their original societies were nearly wiped out; what survived eventually became the “Goonrathi”. Instilled with a strong survival instinct from birth, modern Goonrathi still have a general distrust and loathing for each other, but considerably less than the xenophobia they have for any non-Goonrathi.

Most Goonrathi ship owners dabble in a little of everything, from basic thuggery to good old fashioned mail fraud. They can be persuaded to act professional for a modest fee more, at least until their ship clears the station. Their sense of caution and fear of the unknown make them lousy explorers but very, very well prepared adventurers and soldiers of fortune, and once they agree to something they indeed to make sure all parties survive to the very end, if only they can collect the rest of their paycheck. However, this collective “over-culture” is not the sole defining trait of a Goonrathi, as echos of old ways continue to persist among its member species.

Indeed, many of the species that were once fully Goonrathi have broken off-shoots to establish and revive their ancient cultures, losing most (but never all) of their mistrust. While these “forgetful folk” are technically friendly to their parent society (and lumped in with it whether they want it or not), “true” Goonrathi remain aloof around them, and prefer to use complicated coded clothing styles and passphrases to identify themselves to one another. However, it is easy to identify Goonrathi by simple observation; for example, in a party full of otherwise normal looking folks, the Goonrathi will either be alone in the corner sobbing or trying to look casual as they attempt to steal hors d'oeuvres or dinner mints while they think no one is looking.

That said, here are the “races” of the Goonrathi -

Humans - the boring and mostly hairless primates that are probably from an ancient Earth, or pre-date it because WHAT A TWIST! Normally associated with industriousness and adaptability, because that's exactly what they want you to believe. While not terribly far from the truth, Humans have a streak of laziness in them which is what really drives their need to invent time-saving devices. The two offshoots of Humanity that managed to stay out of the Great Goonrathi War went on to become the Spergians and the Ten Stimpires, if that tells you anything. Oh, which reminds me, Humans can be pretty Sick Fucks, too.

Pee-Grabz - a race of Uplifted cats which retain many cat abilities, including being innately sneaky assholes but also are pretty cool too. They understand space flight and can do clever field repairs on ships when absolutely necessary, but prefer to just straight up hijack a new ship, until they break it beyond repair or just get bored and move on to a new one. This technically makes them nomads, but they are not wrong when they list their homeworld as “Ship”. Pee-Grabz have a peculiar carefree way of speech, and their writing is riddled with typos despite impressive penmanship. If they can be convinced to stay on a non-Pee-Grabs crew, they excel at being Ship Engineers, yes.

Eownephonts - Small adorable pink elephant people that exist purely so we can include a key-chain of them in our overpriced collector's edition of Solar Plebian. They are well liked as much as Goonrathi “like” things, and often can be found as diplomats or traders or just hanging out and talking about things. They are slightly larger than a Pee-Grabs, and they love drinking good alcohol and break dancing, often multitasking the two. They love cartoons too, and are generally glad of lots of things and are sure to let you know it, too.

The Tijuana Bibliophile - we only got one of these, as one is all you ever need. He looks like some sort of human octopus that had crazy sex with an instrument designed by Dr. Seuss in a fever dream. Otherwise a nice chap, handy in a fist fight, and spokesman for a company that makes vending machines that for some reason dispenses badly drawn gently caress-books. Because of these, he is a trillionaire and bought some ad space for this very description, so here we are. Buy Tijuana Bibliophile Brand Tijuana Bibles, where you work or bank!

Melmacians - Sure why not, gotta pad this section out anyway. Mortal enemy of the Pee-Grabz because they eat cats you see.

Daztek - famous for being yet another race of Goonrathi randomly chosen from an avatar, but unlike the Tijuana Bibliophile, there's a lot of these things. No one knows if they have a beak or just weird lips, because no one can get close enough from the spittle they generate from talking. They are good at business so often can be found in hives full of them, which they call “office buildings” or occasionally “the Department of Motor Spaceships”. Despite all looking the same regardless of gender, they can have very diverse personalities that are lost on non-Daztek because every last Daztek sounds like Daffy Duck gargling motor oil. They also like showtunes.

Note: The alien races depicted here are based on the avatars of SA posters, not the posters themselves

I regret nothin'

:eyepop:

I wanna thank the Lord our savior... I want to thank my parents who brought me into this world, and most of all - :eonwe: who lit my long road from poo poo poster to shitposter... thank you all very much

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I think you mean…

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

D1E posted:

My guess is it's the DEA, and they're going to start by investigating Chris Roberts' nose.

That'd explain the Roberts brothers rushing to LA to give jacked up interviews... I'll go with your theory.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

sorla78 posted:

-Toast? Either no longer working at CIG or now a legal consultant for CIG? Surely doesn't come cheap.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/steven-kam-3521674

Wait, is this the same "Toast" that would appear in their "Verse" videos and was a forum mod? The Asian guy?

He has an amazing, yet weird resume. A JD from Berkeley and 4 years in Patent Litigation at Townsend&Townsend are serious credentials. I've worked with/against their patent team on a few cases through the years and they always had top tier attorneys.

What makes it bizarre is he became a coder/engineer after leaving the firm and then joined CIG as a paralegal. This is an imperfect analogy, but that's almost like a medical doctor taking a job as a nurse. I cannot even remotely guess as to the logic behind this.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

:golfclap:

"Hello my goon army fellow regular human beings. It is I, Dr. Derek Smart EightAce here. Derek's right on the money this time. I'm watching it all burn down from the inside just like he predicted it would in this series of blogs, these tweets, and these four livestreams from July. Seriously he's 100% correct and always has been about everything, so cut him some slack. I mean DO YOU KNOW WHO THE gently caress I AM? he's Derek Smart for gently caress's sake."

Not bad but needs more blue balls

here is an example

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It would have been funnier if the variant was actually sold out.

LOL or it had a limited quantity counter that was slowly counting down, just think of all the rage posts.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sandi, you should take acting lessons from Justin.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

sorla78 posted:

So that's what it feels like huh - the last day of a star citizen... lesnick must feel like this every single night when he goes to bed.

Also CrcleSqreSanchz - I would totally hire you as a screenplay writer, your prose is borderline poetic - you are a gifted man, keep those short stories coming.

Why thank you. I may or may not be You need a Platinum account to read this message.

Edit. hosed up tags. Ruined everything. Burn it all down.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

Not bad but needs more blue balls

here is an example

What, did you think nobody would notice you just lifting Ryan Archer's original artwork for your post?

Come on, that's just shameless.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Penguin Bacon
Apr 19, 2010

I Greyhound posted:

Two times.

But clearly this is an older script since Chris Roberts made them rewrite it to remove the word Smart.

We have a frame of reference now for the script.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

There's a green screen version of the April Fools video that people might be interested in for future shoops/vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFT-jfTZf1U

e: Sandi posted it on her FB wall

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sperglord posted:

On the director posting the "Your Fired" link, the speculation around the leavers centered on them leaving in spite of CIG's attempt to keep them and/or the leavers planning to make a message by their leaving. In that case, I could see this post as a passive aggressive warning that the leavers better keep quiet about star citizen.

Might be on the money with that. Two days before a bunch of CIG staffers are rumoured to be transforming into filthy leavers and a senior dev tweets an article which says, among other things, you shouldn't trash talk your ex-employer.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

fuctifino posted:

There's a green screen version of the April Fools video that people might be interested in for future shoops/vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFT-jfTZf1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag4gW_tvEQU

Thank you for this treasure, CIG

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

I Greyhound posted:

Two times.

I don't remember that from any of the Riddick films, but there's certainly a "I'll kill you for free" line in The Last Samurai.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

"Do it."

"Mr. Roberts? That was a joke. We can't seriously put even more mechan-"

"Do. It."

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

alphabettitouretti posted:

Might be on the money with that. Two days before a bunch of CIG staffers are rumoured to be transforming into filthy leavers and a senior dev tweets an article which says, among other things, you shouldn't trash talk your ex-employer.

Fair enough. Input from any industry insiders who also work on video games?

Don't you think that other companies would kind of understand given CIG's absolutely disgusting and bizarre tale?

I like to think those folks would still be hirable even if they did spill the beans and tell the world the truth about Chris Roberts and Sandi Gardiner.

Because, come on - that's like surviving the Titanic. You can't help but tell the story...

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:gary::lol::lol::lol::lol::yarg:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

What, did you think nobody would notice you just lifting Ryan Archer's original artwork for your post?

Come on, that's just shameless.

oops

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Thank you, was starting to get a little worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

A food delivery truck is more grounded and plausible than some of their actual planned ships.

• Locked thread