Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PederP
Nov 20, 2009

I don't get how revealing knowledge of some 3rd party stuff could be a major legal issue. I am not American, so I don't know what weird laws you have regarding stuff like this, but over here in Denmarkia you won't really get in trouble for spilling the beans on anything but national security issues. You might get a civil lawsuit for damages for copyright infringement, industrial espionage or whatever, but actual major legal problems or even jailtime?!?!?? I don't see what information regarding CIG or Star Citizen could be protected by legalistic wards like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

orcinus posted:

I've reserved a Tesla Model 3.
Is that better or worse than buying JPEGs?

Hopefully Elon gives you all the seats he promised.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

eviljack posted:

We need some sort of whale siren that goes off everytime the graph spikes over 1000

:gary::siren::frogsiren::siren::yarg:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Ponzi posted:

This why I think that although Derek does know something explosive, Beer's code is a joke and Derek is playing along. Other SA forumites have also realised this and are also playing along, to fuel the paranoia and insecurity of the shitizens that read this thread.

Derek said he could get into deep poo poo by revealing what he knows before time, so I doubt he's told anyone.

A secret is only totally secure if you're the only one who knows it. As soon as you tell just one person, you no longer have total control of that secret remaining a secret.

[POTATO]

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
Dereks code… it's real… :eyepop:

I cracked it and… … … I almost felt grief for all the poor StarCitizen backers.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

PederP posted:

I don't get how revealing knowledge of some 3rd party stuff could be a major legal issue. I am not American, so I don't know what weird laws you have regarding stuff like this, but over here in Denmarkia you won't really get in trouble for spilling the beans on anything but national security issues. You might get a civil lawsuit for damages for copyright infringement, industrial espionage or whatever, but actual major legal problems or even jailtime?!?!?? I don't see what information regarding CIG or Star Citizen could be protected by legalistic wards like this.

Gag orders on legal actions are fairly common.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I can't believe it since it's not on pastebin yet

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

PederP posted:

I consider anything that requires me going to court for posting on the internet serious

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Thanks man

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
gently caress it, i will give it a shot with gnupg using combinations to reconstruct the key, missing a couple a digits i guess ( 4th clue! )

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
e: noob

Nellistos fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 3, 2016

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I have a raging clue right now.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Skellybones posted:

Wales Class Luxury Super-Cruiser is a favourite mid-weight ship in the Sperg Navy. It allows dozens of well-heeled Admirals, Commodores and Wing Commanders to experience the thrill of space flight in perfect safety and comfort, with no opportunity to feel grief. The highly trained bridge crew will fly their craft near asteroid belts and tiny, non-threatening nebulae so that their extremely wealthy, risk-averse passengers may view the beautiful stellar environment. On rare occasions the Wales has been known to accidentally wander into actual combat zones, but fortunately the massively-overengineered frame is surprisingly resistant to damage, allowing them to usually escape with minimal drinks spilling in the passenger compartment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0jgZKV4N_A

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
No trolling there is 100% a code to crack. There is no pastebin because no other goon wants to take the fall for it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Nm

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'd consider it a privilege to go to court because of star citizen imo.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Nellistos posted:

Would anyone PM a lurkpleb the solution to the puzzle?
Or the encoded message + "salt"?
Can't stop reading and F5ing until i know...

Derek please be safe.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Same, but that's mostly because the alternative is looking at my taxes.

Same, but mostly because the alternative is waiting for more information from Oculus on when Rifts are going to start bloody shipping.

//edit: Cat says hello

GazChap fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 3, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Lots of good concerns to raise before you "invest" 2 1/2 grand

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

D_Smart posted:

It's the same thing that I have. They are clear indoors, and auto-tint (due to solar light) when I am outside.

Nono, I mean there are little 1.5mm magnets inlaid into the Crizal lenses outside my standard FOV - then a pair of polarized lenses with the same. Outside? Click on the sunglasses. Inside? Take them back off.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

boviscopophobic posted:

Just detected a ~$5000 whale!

Confirmed:

I guess one of the people doing the laundry didn't see the secret message in RtV :)

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

Nellistos posted:

gently caress it, i will give it a shot with gnupg using combinations to reconstruct the key, missing a couple a digits i guess ( 4th clue! )

Hell, I just used Chrome and Notepad to solve it :)

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

StarBegotten posted:

i am an engineer

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Nellistos posted:

Going down the same road I traveled. Don't overthink that poo poo commando.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

StarBegotten posted:

gently caress. You mean you're supposed to use a computer?

I was using pencil and paper. No wonder I didn't get anywhere...

eviljack
Feb 26, 2016

You're getting hungry

Ponzi posted:

Confirmed:

I guess one of the people doing the laundry didn't see the secret message in RtV :)

Yeah that guy just joined the hosed legion. What unfortunate timing, if he only waited an extra day before letting his whale nature get the best of him....

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Heard that Paul Allen quietly bought out CIG months ago for ~$50 million, can anyone C/D?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Reharakhti posted:

I made some peter gabriel fanart
Hope you see it peter, your videos are the best :3

That is excellent artte. It is so good that Ryan Archer might try to steal it.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Could someone be a peach and summarize the last 10000 posts or so?

I mean I think the answer is still no game, but there seems to be shenanigans afoot

So what's up?

Anyone know if they're making a new x wing game yet since I still want my reason to buy vr and this seems like not it

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Hey let's get back to Ryan archer btw

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'd consider it a privilege to go to court because of star citizen imo.

You can't handle the truth!

Son, we live in a world that has games. And those games have to be coded by men with hands. Who's gonna do it? You? You, banditloaf? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for CIG and you curse Star Marine. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that CIG's death, while tragic, probably saved the industry. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves jobs...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that blog. You need me on that blog.

We use words like soon, parp, loving-finish...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent fabricating something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very paranoia and hype I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard and write some code. Either way, I don't give a drat what you think you're entitled to!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

hhhat posted:

Could someone be a peach and summarize the last 10000 posts or so?

I mean I think the answer is still no game, but there seems to be shenanigans afoot

So what's up?

Anyone know if they're making a new x wing game yet since I still want my reason to buy vr and this seems like not it

Literally nothing has happened

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Google Butt posted:

Literally nothing has happened

And in that way, we parallel Star Citizen's own development efforts.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

i need that last clue

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

orcinus posted:

I might be completely off on this, but i believe Crizal AR/hard coat is actually applied on both sides, post-ground.
These are polycarbonate high-index lenses we're talking about, BTW, not glass. And very far from cheap.

AR coatings aren't hard coats, Crizal is just an AR coat brand. A hard coated AR lens (pretty much every AR lens, tbh) has the hard coat layer added during blank manufacture, the lens is surfaced, then the AR coat is applied as a dip.

No one really uses glass any more since it's an arse to edge, heavy, shattery and not a great idea, though glass lenses are actually the most scratch resistant and also the thinnest lenses you can get. CR39 is the benchmark industry standard lens, and makes up probably 90%+ of all specs made. I always hated polycarbs as a lens type, since they were messy as gently caress to edge. Polycarb coatings iirc are a lamination, which also means no rear surface coating. Though I've been out of optics for 5 years now, so they may have solved the rear surface lamination problems.

Are you sure your lenses aren't CR39? you say high index, and I'm faaaaairly sure polycarbs can't have variable indexes (1.59, or shorthanded to 1.6) I'm also sure you can't have crizal on a polycarb, since that's a heat treatment, and polycarb doesn't fair well under heat. The more expensive lenses tend to be the 1.8-1.89 index CR39s, which used to make me sad while glazing because a £200 cost price lens being trusted on a machine who's sole purpose is to eat the lens till it's the right shape, and has a significant non zero fail rate is horrible.

edited because i derped

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 3, 2016

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

My favorite part is how terrified some of you are that Derek might trick you into believing something. :)

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

You can't handle the truth!

Son, we live in a world that has games. And those games have to be coded by men with hands. Who's gonna do it? You? You, banditloaf? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for CIG and you curse Star Marine. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that CIG's death, while tragic, probably saved the industry. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves jobs...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that blog. You need me on that blog.

We use words like soon, parp, loving-finish...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent fabricating something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very paranoia and hype I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard and write some code. Either way, I don't give a drat what you think you're entitled to!

:nsavince:

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 3, 2016

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'll give one more hint and then shut up about it until after the big reveal. If you can figure out how the message was encrypted then finding the answer is as simple as looking for it. If you don't know how it was encrypted then you have no chance, so probably don't bother.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

squirrelzipper posted:

Yeah piece of poo poo was maybe a bit harsh, we have one at the office and I've used it quite a bit and like it as a drawing tablet. But if I bought one I'd be pissed about the lovely support and how it was abandoned. Air Display/Duet have gotten much better now that apple allows them to use the lightning cable for video data. Still not in any way as good as a cintiq or similar dedicated device but passable in a pinch.

Yeah, you're right, the way they've started mistreating it less than a year after release is pretty lovely.
People asked them to at least open source the Android drivers, or heck, just release the packaged blobs, so someone can try and wrangle them into a newer Android release and they kept saying no.

It's the non-Hybrid version that's ended up the worst, though.
At least with Hybrid, even when Android 4.0 is completely obsoleted and unsupported, you can still use it as a regular Cintiq. With the regular Companion, which had shitload of bugs and issues, and was also EOLd as soon as Companion 2 was anounced, you're hosed.

Good to know about Air Display, didn't know it works over lightning now. Need to try that again, i wonder if it plays nice with the Pencil.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

Screams eeeEEE posted:

i need that last clue

whelp, just cracked it
bruteforced it, 10 tries average if you have the rest of the key

i think it would be for the best to resume Archer's Fart analysis for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Duckaerobics posted:

I'll give one more hint and then shut up about it until after the big reveal. If you can figure out how the message was encrypted then finding the answer is as simple as looking for it. If you don't know how it was encrypted then you have no chance, so probably don't bother.

That's what's killing me. I know I'm overthinking it but I can't let go of the puzzle.

e: This is my first post in the thread after loving months of lurking. You bastards just had to go and activate my autism on this, didn't you?

Melanion fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 3, 2016

• Locked thread