Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

You know what? Yeah I'll endorse that

RTD was and is inconsistent and he showran literally the worst season of television I've ever seen but series four was him at his most capable and he puts in a great showing with a mostly-fantastic season, and I'll still defend journey's end until my dying day

Either way it'd be loving silly to call him "bad" inconsistent af sure, but not bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

I'm not a huge fan of most of RTD's work on Doctor Who but just on a personal level he seems rad as hell, I could listen to that dude talk all day long.

(actually I pretty much have, since on Toby Hadoke's podcast for Big Finish he released an interview that was 6 (!!!) half-hour episodes long)

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Eighth Doctor best Doctor.

Alien Bodies
, Seeing I, Scarlet Empress, Interference Books One and Two, The Blue Angel, The Taking of Planet 5, Shadow of Avalon, Father Time, The Adventuress of Henrietta Street, Mad Dogs and Englishmen, Trading Futures, History 101, The Gallifrey Chronicles...

Yeah, there are some pretty good adventures with the Eighth Doctor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cleretic posted:

I feel like we should compile a list of people who hold unpopular opinions here

Here it is: https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3760489

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I think the one thing you can take away from the past two showrunners is that they both are capable of amazing stuff, and also really terrible stuff, and neither are perfect. Probably good to remember for when the new one takes over...

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Astroman posted:

I think the one thing you can take away from the past two showrunners is that they both are capable of amazing stuff, and also really terrible stuff, and neither are perfect. Probably good to remember for when the new one takes over...

The new one has never produced anything within a country mile of amazing, and plenty of terrible stuff, so absolutely, it's best to remember that he's not perfect.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

113 posts...

...drat, I post a lot of stuff about Doctor Who.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

wait a sec im on that list

what the gently caress are you saying about me j-ru

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

what the gently caress are you saying about me j-ru

Don't worry, it's also a list of big fans of Doctor Who! :angel:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

you take that back mother fucker

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

That list reminds me of Nefud. What ever happened to that guy? He was more or less done with Smith, but I don't think we ever got his opinion on Capaldi.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

you take that back mother fucker

http://i.imgur.com/Z6Uyt1W.gifv

Gordon Shumway posted:

That list reminds me of Nefud. What ever happened to that guy? He was more or less done with Smith, but I don't think we ever got his opinion on Capaldi.

I think he posts under "Why Cookie Rocket" now, and from what I recall he just said that Doctor Who wasn't really a show he felt like watching anymore so he moved on.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tim Burns Effect posted:

I'm not a huge fan of most of RTD's work on Doctor Who but just on a personal level he seems rad as hell, I could listen to that dude talk all day long.

(actually I pretty much have, since on Toby Hadoke's podcast for Big Finish he released an interview that was 6 (!!!) half-hour episodes long)

I love listening to RTD talk about Who. His enthusiasm is just so infectious.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yess, climbing the ranks

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Kinda surprised I'm on the list. Didn't think I posted here that often.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Lucky number 13, baby.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is the Classic series being aired on a network somewhere or are renegade PBS stations still showing it?

I ask because my father called me at 11:40 last night full of excitement because he had just seen Robot for the first time in 20 years and he wanted to talk about it immediately.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Is the Classic series being aired on a network somewhere or are renegade PBS stations still showing it?

I ask because my father called me at 11:40 last night full of excitement because he had just seen Robot for the first time in 20 years and he wanted to talk about it immediately.

I think it might be airing on some horror station?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

I think it might be airing on some horror station?

I'll have to ask him what he was watching. It was pretty great to hear how excited he was to see the Brig again.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Rhyno posted:

There's a channel called RetroTV that's airing it.

edit: Yep looks like it was them because they air it on weekdays from 11 PM - 12 AM EST.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Weird way to spell Doctor Who: The Mummy on the Orient Express by Jamie Matheson starring Peter Capaldi and Jenna Colman

Who's Jenna Colman? Does she sell mustard?

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Rhyno posted:

It looks like WYCC PBS in Chicago is showing classic serials on Saturday nights at 10 PM CST. I was pretty surprised to see Robot on last night.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tim Burns Effect posted:

There's a channel called RetroTV that's airing it.

edit: Yep looks like it was them because they air it on weekdays from 11 PM - 12 AM EST.

Neat!

It was pretty great to hear how excited dad was about the whole thing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tavarin posted:

It looks like WYCC PBS in Chicago is showing classic serials on Saturday nights at 10 PM CST. I was pretty surprised to see Robot on last night.

It's nice that some PBS station is still carrying that torch. Do they follow it with episodes of Blake's 7 as is only appropriate?

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Random Stranger posted:

It's nice that some PBS station is still carrying that torch. Do they follow it with episodes of Blake's 7 as is only appropriate?

Alas no, it was some weird show about cycling afterwards.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

For me it's just not the same without each episode being followed by Jack Horkheimer: Star Hustler.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Tavarin posted:

Alas no, it was some weird show about cycling afterwards.

This is probably MORE appropriate.

And Saturday at 10pm sounds about right for the time, IIRC correctly. :v:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Picklepuss posted:

For me it's just not the same without each episode being followed by Jack Horkheimer: Star Hustler.

No, no. Star Hustler comes after Blake's 7 and right before the sign off.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Random Stranger posted:

Then when do they air Red Dwarf reruns? Ludicrous! This timeline is all messed up.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Random Stranger posted:

Speaking of Blake's 7, I finally saw Timelash today. I knew what to expect from lurking in this thread, but I actually laughed a few times at how bad it gets. I don't think it's necessarily the actors (love Colin's Doctor, especially his Big Finish stuff), but the writing and production were... Yeeeeaaaah, not the greatest.

I did like the idea of the H.G. Wells thing, tho.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Shiftypenguin posted:

I did like the idea of the H.G. Wells thing, tho.

"Author of science fiction inspired by REAL sci fi things!" is almost always terrible, and it is done ESPECIALLY badly in Timelash

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Alien Bodies
, Seeing I, Scarlet Empress, Interference Books One and Two, The Blue Angel, The Taking of Planet 5, Shadow of Avalon, Father Time, The Adventuress of Henrietta Street, Mad Dogs and Englishmen, Trading Futures, History 101, The Gallifrey Chronicles...

Yeah, there are some pretty good adventures with the Eighth Doctor.

City of the Dead. :colbert:

Also, 7th on that list? Jeez.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

The_Doctor posted:

City of the Dead. :colbert:

Also, 7th on that list? Jeez.

Don't worry, we'll work out way up together. :glomp:

I'm almost a superstar!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Class' cast got announced - it started filming today.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

CaptainYesterday posted:

Class' cast got announced - it started filming today.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/doctor-who-spinoff-class-katherine-kelly-cast-1201744723/

That actually looks solid. I was worried they'd try to bring back Clara's insufferable class, but the actual cast seems decently talented.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
For the record, after last night's Wrestlemania I just want to say I love this thread and most of the writing decisions of the production staff.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

After eating rotting garbage I gotta say a gas station egg salad sandwich is delicious

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

After getting drawn and quartered I gotta say getting stabbed is one of the most pleasureable experiences one can have

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

After reading atlas shrugged I gotta say that fifty shades of grey is a fine, fine novel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

After seeing toxxupation post I gotta say oxxidation is fantastic on the something is awful forums

• Locked thread