Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you own a gun?
I DO own a gun
I DON'T own a gun
View Results

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
that trigger is like $250, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

*spends $250 on specialty trigger*
*doesn't know which end of the gun the bullets come out of*

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

*gets brutally owned in every forum on SA because of it*

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
600 votes and pretty much a tie. thanks to everyone who voted!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

various cheeses posted:

What's up fellow sordin-haver
late post but hell yeah

jarofpiss posted:

*spends $250 on specialty trigger*
*doesn't know which end of the gun the bullets come out of*
oh my god what are you doing roki

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
Holy poo poo TF you're still around? I assumed you'd been banished from TFR and therefor reality.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I don't cuz if poo poo ever really went down is be dead in the first wave regardless of weapon having, and recreationally speaking I'm a huge dork so I like to shoot bows. That's my reasons.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

RedMage129 posted:

I don't cuz if poo poo ever really went down is be dead in the first wave regardless of weapon having, and recreationally speaking I'm a huge dork so I like to shoot bows. That's my reasons.

Whatever cuz. I shoot bows and guns because it's good to be resourceful. I own pistols, rifles, shotguns, and my bow.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I own a bb gun that I shot cans with a few times.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

RedMage129 posted:

You can get this over with really quickly if you have a gun.

Not sure if bows would work as well.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

City of Tampa posted:

that trigger is like $250, lol

The uglier the part, the more expensive.

Also I love people who get MAGPUL foregrips and stocks (and hats, and shirts and bumper stickers and special edition monopoly sets, and shot glasses and personal massagers), but then go with the super-cheapo magazine pulls

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
What's MAGPUL?

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Magpul is a company that makes good, functional AR-15 accessories for pretty cheap. :shrug:

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Hector Beerlioz posted:

600 votes and pretty much a tie. thanks to everyone who voted!

Having a gun is not equal to not having a gun. Sorry.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Yeah but gun nerds are as insufferable and elitist as any other group of nerds, they just happen to sperg out while holding a weapon capable of making you die instead of rage quitting because you ulted to KS.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

RedMage129 posted:

Yeah but gun nerds are as insufferable and elitist as any other group of nerds, they just happen to sperg out while holding a weapon capable of making you die instead of rage quitting because you ulted to KS.

Sounds like a legit observation.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

The uglier the part, the more expensive.

Also I love people who get MAGPUL foregrips and stocks (and hats, and shirts and bumper stickers and special edition monopoly sets, and shot glasses and personal massagers), but then go with the super-cheapo magazine pulls

I like the magpul collectors

I'm sitting on my full set of discontinued OD green Magpul furniture and magazines to sell someday like a valuable comic book

Aquarium Gravel
Oct 21, 2004

I dun shot my dick off

City of Tampa posted:

I like the magpul collectors

I'm sitting on my full set of discontinued OD green Magpul furniture and magazines to sell someday like a valuable comic book

They discontinued foliage green, not OD.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cartouche posted:

Having a gun is not equal to not having a gun. Sorry.

Everybody is equal under the constitution

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I bought a laser sight for one of my pistols and I had the subconscious thought "this will increase my hip fire accuracy". Too many videogames.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SurfaceDetail posted:

I bought a laser sight for one of my pistols and I had the subconscious thought "this will increase my hip fire accuracy". Too many videogames.

it will

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

can someone explain what is wrong in the picture

here's a summary HEctor

raton fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 6, 2016

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Rifle came with that trigger btw. I don't even know how to switch out a trigger group yet. I'll probably turn the irons around today. That being said, I got a buddy who works for leupold so thats gonna happen soon.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Sheep-Goats posted:

here's a summary HEctor

ty

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This is my piece

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

OctoberBlues posted:

This is my piece

1911, very classy.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Do you own a gun? If so, why? What kind of gun do you own? How much did it cost? How many guns do you own? What do you shoot with it? Conversely, if you don't own a gun why not?

Also, let's do our best to not turn this into a gun legality debate. Nothing good will come of it and you know it.

Ive got 3 guns but they are all Curio and Relic status, I used to go tothe gun range with my dad a lot because it was a fun way to spend a saturday afternoon bonding but then I moved down to LA and they moved up to Redding so its like a 10+ hour drive to see them so now the rifles just sit in my closet. Speaking of I should probably oil them down soon, want to keep them in good condition

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

OctoberBlues posted:

This is my piece

I have one of these sitting on my coffee table right now, I used it to shoot the loving pigeons who keep making GBS threads all over and then laying eggs on my drat balcony

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Don't lay eggs where you poo poo, that's what I always say.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
going to indoor firing ranges is ok.. until you become aware youre in a tiny enclosed space with a bunch of strangers with guns. and you do have dickheads that bring in the loudest poo poo to an indoor range like a steyr aug for example that would do it...

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

The AUG isn't any louder than a usual AR from what I can tell. A muzzle-braked anything will be way worse.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Roki B posted:

I'll probably turn the irons around today.

Please don't. It's so good. Ppl will be ripping their hair out over it forever.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

thathonkey posted:

going to indoor firing ranges is ok.. until you become aware youre in a tiny enclosed space with a bunch of strangers with guns. and you do have dickheads that bring in the loudest poo poo to an indoor range like a steyr aug for example that would do it...

This is true, but it can get so much worse. Last time I was at an indoor pistol range (second Wednesday of last month), some idiot kept shooting the steel target hangers with his gently caress off huge revolver at close range. Ricochet hit a light fixture next to another target stand, shrapnel hit shooter there in the forehead. About 10 seconds later, I get hit in the back by a fully expanded copper jacket. Felt like a punch right between my shoulders, thought I got shot, but it didn't penetrate. Scratched and bruised, ruined my nice white polo :(

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

safetyStanddown posted:

This is true, but it can get so much worse. Last time I was at an indoor pistol range (second Wednesday of last month), some idiot kept shooting the steel target hangers with his gently caress off huge revolver at close range. Ricochet hit a light fixture next to another target stand, shrapnel hit shooter there in the forehead. About 10 seconds later, I get hit in the back by a fully expanded copper jacket. Felt like a punch right between my shoulders, thought I got shot, but it didn't penetrate. Scratched and bruised, ruined my nice white polo :(

holy gently caress how was that guy not kicked out the first time

is your range just some drug dealer's basement where all the corner boys test out their pieces

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
No, a dank old basement with poor ventilation and like one light bulb, rusty old cable pulleys set up to move targets, each held together by a single screw. Staff rarely pays attention, I think the guy slunk out after I got hit. Actually, everyone but I left immediately after those two incidents (I had just arrived), so I had the place to myself for a while, and no more pieces of bullet came flying uprange for the rest of my time there.
I used to like the place because it's super cheap (:tenbux: per lane-hour) and the shop reminds me of the gun shops in gta5, but I'm prob not going back again.

new friend from school fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 6, 2016

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
My dad has an "I am the NRA" sticker on his truck and flies the flag upside down. He gave me a pile of guns as a kid, and I told them to just sell them when I decided that every person in Wisconsin who owns guns is a loving loony tune who just want to murder people and eat them and make lamps out of their fuckin' faces and poo poo.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

thathonkey posted:

there was this idiot who would show up at the range some afternoons with his deagle which i assume must hve been the 50 cal because of how loving loud it was, like thing seemed 5x louder than anything else anyone was shooting and it would set off all the car alarms every tiem he shot it, gently caress that guy I hated him

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
if you havent ever gone shooting, go buy yourself an old Mosin-Nagant for like $80 at Big 5 and a crate of a million rounds for like another $100 and then go to the range with your old man, its a ton of fun and youll enjoy the time you spent together

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Philthy posted:

I decided that every person in Wisconsin who owns guns is a loving loony tune who just want to murder people and eat them and make lamps out of their fuckin' faces and poo poo.

This reflects on you, not them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

Nooner posted:

if you havent ever gone shooting, go buy yourself an old Mosin-Nagant for like $80 at Big 5 and a crate of a million rounds for like another $100 and then go to the range with your old man, its a ton of fun and youll enjoy the time you spent together

Yeah maybe if you have a time machine to take you back in 2010; good luck with those prices today.

• Locked thread