Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I put an LGB sticker from their first tournament(dh2013? 2014?) on an A1 when they first came out, I wanted to move it to a different part of the gun and add a couple of Fnatic stickers years later so I scraped it without caring because it's a loving sticker made of video game pixels.

Whoops. Turns out it was worth $40~ because people are retarded for stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bloodplay it again posted:

Keep your stickers. I've been holding onto holos I got for $1 in 2014 and they sell for $7-9 now. Plus if you get a skin you'll never get rid of, you have cool rear end Lisa Frank poo poo to put on it.

I've wanted another M4A1S Guardian for a while now and managed to pick one up with three Titan holos for $6. I feel like someone rage quit the game and sold their baby :(

stump collector
May 28, 2007

fennesz posted:

I've wanted another M4A1S Guardian for a while now and managed to pick one up with three Titan holos for $6. I feel like someone rage quit the game and sold their baby :(

which titan holos

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Not the ones worth thousands of dollars.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I picked up these horrible looking berettas with name tag and stickers for cheap long ago, the horrible wear clashes with the fresh stickers so bad but I can't bring myself to scratch them.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
LOL. The mission to plant/defuse 5 bombs in casual mode will place you in games running the Hostage Cruise map.

Nice job, Valve.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

The Ferret King posted:

LOL. The mission to plant/defuse 5 bombs in casual mode will place you in games running the Hostage Cruise map.

Nice job, Valve.

I think what it does it put you in a game right as the map changed from a defuse to a hostie map.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
No. I played for a bit because, why not. Then I quit and hit it again. And it placed me back on the same server.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Brian lev from reddit here guys, the problem is NOT valves garbage matchmaking system. I just made a post on reddit so anyone who wants to parrot my opinions can do so.

Thanks guy!s

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Ferret King posted:

Nice job, Valve.

Yup, same exact thing happened to me. I hate doing those because unless you luck into an empty server or are playing on very off hours the odds of you getting even one bomb plant/defuse a round is quite low. I did a good lot of my missions when few others were playing and farmed up kills on bots, helping other people clear things once I was done.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Still need to tackle the co-op missions eventually. Though, not tonight.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Up Circle posted:

Brian lev from reddit here guys, the problem is NOT valves garbage matchmaking system. I just made a post on reddit so anyone who wants to parrot my opinions can do so.

Thanks guy!s

youre a dumb retard lol

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Stickers are the tackiest things ever and I'll never understand how some are so valuable. They just cover up the pretty skin you paid for. There's maybe three stickers that work well on certain guns.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the stickers that are worth money are ones you can absolutely never get again or from organizations/players that stopped playing. supply and demand, scarcity, etc
videogames

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

honestly this game has about as good of a ranking system as i think is possible for a team game. i don't know how dota/lol work but the only better one i've seen is SC2 which has the benefit of being a 1v1 game

if you deserve to rank up you will

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Antares posted:

honestly this game has about as good of a ranking system as i think is possible for a team game. i don't know how dota/lol work but the only better one i've seen is SC2 which has the benefit of being a 1v1 game

if you deserve to rank up you will

no. casual is broken because matchmaking ranks somehow

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Robin: There's large chattering teeth dispersed on the floor, the entire facade of gotham's bank has been spraypainted with blood red HAHAHAHAs, the camera has been covered up with a joker playing card and the hostage has bad clown makeup on.

Batman, the world's greatest detective: Brianlev must be behind this...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Robin: There's large chattering teeth dispersed on the floor, the entire facade of gotham's bank has been spraypainted with blood red HAHAHAHAs, the camera has been covered up with a joker playing card and the hostage has bad clown makeup on.

Batman, the world's greatest detective: Brianlev must be behind this...

lol

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
he got ahold of the post button again someone call the cops

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
stupid loving human being: I think the matchmaking system is flawed but works alright most of the time. I'm a fedora wearer. I browse reddit, I'm loving r-tard. Thorin ftw. duyrrrr hurrr

Incredibly cool man who owns several audis: Wow, look at all those posts.

Up Circle posted:

matchmaking is, how you say this in english..uhhh....broken
He's posting a lot, he sure put

Up Circle posted:

i mean really its just because matchmaking is poo poo and badly designed and run by valve inc.
s a lot of words on about s

Up Circle posted:

before valve cocked up the matchmaking formulation tables, i was a gold nova 3. I'm now a dmg.
omething hes care mad about. He's

Up Circle posted:

just remember that valve matchmaking is a joke of a system and you will probably see a lot of people you should never face but don't mention how terrible the matchmaking is or you'll make someone upset.
putting a lot of posts on a thing from a game. Clearly he's a weir

Up Circle posted:

interesting negative experiences with the valve matchmaking system guys, i'm tracking all your feedback in a spreadsheet.

Keep em comin'.
do.

source: putting threadid:3763612 userid:134070 "matchmaking" in the awful forums searchbar

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

Stickers are the tackiest things ever and I'll never understand how some are so valuable. They just cover up the pretty skin you paid for. There's maybe three stickers that work well on certain guns.

I honestly agree with you. But. I've gotten into the pro scene more lately and think it's a fun way to actually support teams and players I enjoy watching. That and I like buying mega cheap stickers and scraping them on different guns for different results. I made myself a broke-rear end Wasteland Rebel from a BS Elite Build and scraped player stickers.

e: forgot my butt

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 7, 2016

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

ArfJason posted:

stupid loving human being: I think the matchmaking system is flawed but works alright most of the time. I'm a fedora wearer. I browse reddit, I'm loving r-tard. Thorin ftw. duyrrrr hurrr

Incredibly cool man who owns several audis: Wow, look at all those posts.
He's posting a lot, he sure put

s a lot of words on about s

omething hes care mad about. He's

putting a lot of posts on a thing from a game. Clearly he's a weir

do.

source: putting threadid:3763612 userid:134070 "matchmaking" in the awful forums searchbar

Lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i liek that spending 1.4 years not letting a single post slide about matchmaking without flying into a rage on how its broken is much cooler than calling someone a dumb homo... maybe its cause im a millenial??

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

ArfJason posted:

i liek that spending 1.4 years not letting a single post slide about matchmaking without flying into a rage on how its broken is much cooler than calling someone a dumb homo... maybe its cause im a millenial??

I don't like that

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MrSmokes posted:

There are some guns that work well with stickers and some that don't. I put a Titan sticker on the stock of my M4A4 Griffin because I gotta have a sticker on my guns and it's the only place that wouldn't cover up the graphic. It also kinda looks like the top of the T is blowing some of the feathers away like a leafblower :3:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

wrap it up, ranking cuck-ailures

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Stickers... are a bunch a baloney!!!!!

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I would say it's more bananas rather than baloney but that's just me.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My bish bash bosh stickers make my battle scarred asimov m4 look dignified

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Played two games last night and both were rather close losses (12-16 and 13-16)...good thing both of those games had my teammates pissing away rounds for no reason (starting a defuse way too late / trying to knife the last guy in a 3v1, resulting in the guy killing the defuser and then everyone else) because otherwise we might have won!

For you silver and Nova goons, this happened on MGE. It never gets better.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Haha word filtered like yooge loser

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
You can be right for the wrong reasons. In our business, you’re often lionized for it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Up Circle posted:

You can be right for the wrong reasons. In our business, you’re often lionized for it.

well you're going to be ionized by me, when i fire my ion cannon at you and obliterate you from existence

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Katana Gomai posted:

Played two games last night and both were rather close losses (12-16 and 13-16)...good thing both of those games had my teammates pissing away rounds for no reason (starting a defuse way too late / trying to knife the last guy in a 3v1, resulting in the guy killing the defuser and then everyone else) because otherwise we might have won!

For you silver and Nova goons, this happened on MGE. It never gets better.

There's a reason I bought FACEIT and only play premium queues now

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
http://oddshot.tv/shot/adren-tv-2016040705554464

lol

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I don't understand the "take this out of the game Valve" stuff. Well I do, it's the crying of someone trying to blame 1 double kill on choking away 19 other perfectly good chances to win a major, but what are Valve supposed to do about it? Make it less random? more random? Either one doesn't solve the problem of jumping/lucky hits.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

MM owns it just sucks that ranked doesn't have any significant hurdles before you can play it (8 hours of stupid gamemodes isn't really a hurdle). The only improvement I can think of that would significantly improve it is for valve to implement unranked comp 5v5 MM and gate ranked queue until you get like 50-100 unranked comp wins or something.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hopefully someone can help me out here. I recently purchased a Karambit | Fade knife alongside a bunch of other stuff, and every prospective buyer asks me the "ratio". I did a bit of googling but didn't find a really great guide, a fellow linked me to http://metjm.net/csgo/ to take a screenshot of it without having to install the game(I don't play csgo), and based on the screenshot it took it seems to be a "40/60" Karambit Fade. I believe it's worth about ~200-230 csgo keys, is that correct?

I'm still fairly new to csgo trading, mostly done tf2/dota until recently, so the things like ratio and float value are still new things to me.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ArfJason posted:

blah blah blah blah bad posting

Up Circle posted:

blah blah blah blah bad posting

Will you loving insufferable retards just stop posting? Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
please tell me about good posting, really cool man that repeats inbred csgo sa community memes like MR PINK :razz: