Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

That means the next one would have to be 24 Jump Street, right? I hope Kiefer Sutherland keeps his calendar open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

All I want from MIB 23 is for them to work the phrase "clean and rad and powerful" into the script.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

MIB 23 will be rad.

At this point I expect Sharkback of Notre Shark by 2017

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sharkenstein is the doctor.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Tars Tarkas posted:

MIB 23 will be rad.

I wonder how long the "Sharkenstein or Frankenshark?" discussion was.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Probably as soon as they realized Frakenshark would just get a lot of Frakenshart jokes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Will there be Sharkula and Sharkwolf (shark transforms into wolf and now even land is not safe) after this? Will there be a Shark From Black Lagoon movie, except "Shark" is actually a human who is a really good harpoon fisherman and terrorizes fish?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The MSJ posted:

According to Sony's Cinemacon presentation, the Men In Black Jump Street movie is real and is titled MIB 23.

I love that the protracted end credits montage of ludicrous sequels from 22 Jump Street still managed to be eclipsed by reality.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tars Tarkas posted:

MIB 23 will be rad.

I read this as Sharkeinstein first, until I realized the shark looked nothing like him.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I read this as Sharkeinstein first, until I realized the shark looked nothing like him.

Correct. Einstein is a hammerhead shark.
http://www.ocearch.org/profile/einstein/

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

raditts posted:

You got me there, a movie about all the poo poo that went down in Death Row would be amazing.

Make a bunch of movies about west coast artists and then make a movie about them uniting (or assemble if you will) to make the Up In Smoke Tour.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The new animated Scooby-Doo movie coming out in 2018 is called S.C.O.O.B., and is movie 1 of the Hanna-Barbera Movie Universe. So enjoy yet another movie universe

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Tars Tarkas posted:

The new animated Scooby-Doo movie coming out in 2018 is called S.C.O.O.B., and is movie 1 of the Hanna-Barbera Movie Universe. So enjoy yet another movie universe

It better culminate in Wacky Races parts 1 and 2.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I was going to make a joke about how there should be a whacky races movie first to set up Dick Dastardly and Muttley as antagonists for an Avengersesque Laff-a-Lympics film, but after looking it up it seems like Mumbly, not Muttley lead the Really Rottens for some unknown reason.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
DocFuture has the leaked movie list.

https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/720277048913043457

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dr. Hurt posted:

I was going to make a joke about how there should be a whacky races movie first to set up Dick Dastardly and Muttley as antagonists for an Avengersesque Laff-a-Lympics film, but after looking it up it seems like Mumbly, not Muttley lead the Really Rottens for some unknown reason.

Muttley and Dick Darstardly were supposed to be the antagonists in the Laff-a-Lympics show but they were co-owned by another company so there was licencing issues. Hanna-Barbera already had a character called Mumbly who was a Muttly clone so they just subbed him in (even though he'd been a good guy in his own show) and created a new version of Dick Darstardly to accompany him.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 13, 2016

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
No Lord/Miller disappoints me way, way more than no Smith/Jones. Wasn't Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 terrible?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Tars Tarkas posted:

Where do the Scooby-Doo/WWE crossover movies feature in this universe?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Pirate Jet posted:

No Lord/Miller disappoints me way, way more than no Smith/Jones. Wasn't Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 terrible?

From what I remember Cloudy 2 was an actually alright but completely different beast. Less clever, amazingly good masterpiece, and more of an unrelenting spew of food puns.

http://i.imgur.com/EtkAdJG.gifv

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay, how the hell is that leek driving a boat? His arms are way too short.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tars Tarkas posted:

The article i read on Polygon about this story makes it read like an Onion article

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Oh my God. You guys aren't kidding.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD! *beep, beep, beep, beep, pause* S.C.O.O.B.!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

please just burn Hollywood to the ground and let the IPs of our youth rest in peace

unless I get more Space Ghost Coast to Coast: The Revenge of Chad Ghostal

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Scooby gets his Doo

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wait this is getting a theatrical release? There have been plenty of dumb dtv Scooby Doo movies, but putting the effort into getting one into theatres?

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

This looks like the schedule of mid-90s Cartoon Network.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

So, uh, is everyone else falling for the gag or just rolling with it? Because I don't believe for a second that this is real.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
"Flintstone v Jetson" lol, if it's going to be a court battle then just smash those two Harvey Birdman episodes together and call it a day.

Wait, is there going to be a Harvey Birdman reboot?

LORD OF BUTT posted:

So, uh, is everyone else falling for the gag or just rolling with it? Because I don't believe for a second that this is real.
Likely fake titles("Scooby Doo goes to Hell"), but Hanna-Barbera does enough weird crossovers and parodies direct to video that some variation of that schedule exists. Most of them are the same casts of voice actors. I mean, the Jetsons already met the Flinstones more than 20 years ago. And there's this

Also http://www.avclub.com/article/warner-bros-launch-hanna-barbera-cinematic-univers-235224

Knight fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 13, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Guys I can't wait for the Scooby-Doo / Smurfs / Superfriends live-action crossover film with special guest Tom (playing Superman) and Jerry (Batman).

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I'd watch Scooby Doo goes to Hell

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Scooby Doo In Hell

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I would also like remind everyone there is a movie about emoji coming out in 2017.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

kiimo posted:

Guys I can't wait for the Scooby-Doo / Smurfs / Superfriends live-action crossover film with special guest Tom (playing Superman) and Jerry (Batman).

Well if a Ren & Stimpy/Rugrats/Angry Beavers,/Hey Arnold!/Rocko’s Modern Life live-action/animated crossover film is possible then I guess that a shared universe based around the Scooby Doo franchise was pretty inevitable.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Teflon Don posted:

I would also like remind everyone there is a movie about emoji coming out in 2017.

please tell me its the poop emoji

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Teflon Don posted:

:downs:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well if a Ren & Stimpy/Rugrats/Angry Beavers,/Hey Arnold!/Rocko’s Modern Life live-action/animated crossover film is possible then I guess that a shared universe based around the Scooby Doo franchise was pretty inevitable.

If Michael Bay can make a multi-billion dollar franchise out of 80s nostalgia, I'm sure those guys can make a few bucks off 90s nostalgia.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Its such a nice, warm feeling to get to introduce someone to Docfuture's work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUc0vbSlanM

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Scooby Doo: Flim Flam's Revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't even Doug Bradley finally say gently caress this and peace out before the most recent sequel was made? I remember seeing a clip from it and they guy they got to replace him looks absurd in the makeup.

IIRC the issue about that one was that they had only a couple of weeks to actually produce it from nothing and they were only doing it as a way to keep control of the rights or something like that.

• Locked thread