Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

alphabettitouretti posted:

It's nice that when things quiet down a goon steps in to generate more entertainment. Like sarsaprilla revealing he dropped $2.5k after getting a refund, or melkor showing us his goon dossier.

Beet Wagon imagine the excitement when you reveal that you're not a person and all your posts are actually made by legman, hitlerbaby and a dog.

When we have to go to the store we stand on top of each other and wear a big trenchcoat so people think we're a normal person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ManofManyAliases posted:

You need to give a big guy a big title.

He gives in depth answers to ship design and implementation questions. He is the lead ship designer.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
They could of at least thrown a bad rear end grim-dark spin on Ben's title..like Master of the Fleet or some poo poo.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

TTerrible posted:

He gives in depth answers to ship design and implementation questions. He is the lead ship designer.

*insert youtube video clip of his oohp wep dah etc jibberish here*

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/717712986127740928

Lets not pretend they have anything better to do.

Never in the history of the world has one man given such a giant gently caress about something so insignificant.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Goobs posted:

*insert youtube video clip of his oohp wep dah etc jibberish here*

I didn't say the answers were in english or made sense :v:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

You need to give a big guy a big title.

He's also not doing his loving job either, as seen with the whole Scout ship seat change/redesign.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Many alias had convinced me that we've been wrong all along, they have plenty of money, game is progressing nicely and if we're all patient we'll see things come together.

lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

I'm not speaking out for these people because I agree with them, poo poo I've tangled with all of them at some point or other, especially MoMA. Variable and Ragequit weren't even called out for saying stupid poo poo supporting CIG, they were pilled on specifically for calling out Smart. As you can see from my notes it grates me too that bitching about DS is most of what they do but that doesn't make them wrong. And this is not to mention B_of_Inforedux who was run out of the thread and called "a terrible journalist" because he too called out Derek Smart once.

I'm not speaking out for them because I like them or agree with them but because this last week the thread has taken a major turn for the worse. I can't accuse the shitizens of doing stuff like this and of not speaking out when they see other shitizens do stuff like this and then keep quiet when my team starts doing the same thing. There should be no sacred cows here and most certainly not Derek Smart.

Correction. B_of_Inforedux was neither run off, nor did he "call me out". he made some comments which 1) I didn't even acknowledge 2) people took issue with and responded to - ALL of which we do here, 24-7

Again, either you didn't read the past 300 threads, or you're just bellyaching because a bunch of your "DS hating, SC shills" friends are 1) about to be outed - by me 2) you think you're next 3) you didn't expect that the SC shills here, who we have barely tolerated, would be in the firing line

Here's the thing: you're all (SC shills, Shitizens) hosed. I don't take prisoners, and I simply don't give a gently caress about people long enough to care. Which part of my history did you miss? And which part gave you - or anyone - the impression that I actually cared?

I'm at war, and I intend to win it. By any means necessary There is no other way.

When Moma stepped over the line by bringing in RL (what does my moving violation have to do with my criticism of a game?), he sent a message. SA heard that message. And I heard it too. Note that I've only ever posted to him one here.

Now I know who he is, what school he went to, and what grades he got in the bar exam. It's who I am. It's what I do. It's why when people dumb enough to bring in RL into an Internet discussion, I throw out whatever morality I have because it's warfare; and there are no innocents.

That's all there is to it. So gently caress you.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 14, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

I'm curious. At which point, in the last year or so since the "two weeks" became a meme, did they actually miss the part where it became in-your-face-clear that it was, uhm, a meme?

That only works if you don't actually repeat the cycle every two weeks which is what you have literally been doing as of late.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Goobs posted:

They could of at least thrown a bad rear end grim-dark spin on Ben's title..like Master of the Fleet or some poo poo.

Should be Fleek so he can be master of the perfect eyebrows.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Never in the history of the world has one man given such a giant gently caress about something so insignificant.

Star Citizen: A giant gently caress about something insignificant

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

When we have to go to the store we stand on top of each other and wear a big trenchcoat so people think we're a normal person.

Who does the top? All options make for a terrifying and confusing head

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

All well and good except for the silly yankee mm/dd format. You people disgust me.

Is there a version of that extension for firefox?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

i take video games and video game companies so seriously that i will spend hours of my day serious posting to defend them

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Correction. B_of_Inforedux was neither run off, nor did he "call me out". he made some comments which 1) I didn't even acknowledge 2) people took issue with and responded to - ALL of which we do here, 24-7

Again, either you didn't read the past 300 threads, or you're just bellyaching because a bunch of your "DS hating, SC shills" friends are 1) about to be outed - by me 2) you think you're next 3) you didn't expect that the SC shills here, who we have barely tolerated, would be in the firing line

Here's the thing: you're all hosed. I don't take prisoners, and I simply don't give a gently caress about people long enough to care. Which part of my history did you miss? And which part gave you - or anyone - the impression that I actually cared?

I'm at war, and I intend to win it. By any means necessary There is no other way.

When Moma stepped over the line by bringing in RL (what does my moving violation have to do with my criticism of a game?), he sent a message. SA heard that message. And I heard it too. Note that I've only ever posted to him one here.

Now I know who he is, what school he went to, and what grades he got in the bar exam. It's who I am. It's what I do. It's why when people dumb enough to bring in RL into an Internet discussion, I throw out whatever morality I have because it's warfare; and there are no innocents.

NO!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ManofManyAliases posted:

Fair point, but I don't think it was sanctioned by CiG management. If anyone posts here as a shill, they do so on their own accord.

To the pre-alpha point: who's to say that other companies don't have a private test group while alpha is also ongoing? Someone on reddit said something recently:

If there are 24 users per 2 cores on a server, and they want to test max users on a server, they'd need 192 users to test a 16-core server. It's a lot easier to just target and receive feedback from that small, closed group, no?

MoMA, great moves, keep it up, proud of you!

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh gently caress I hated those lozenges so much.You're stronger than I am if you've had more than a handful of those. I actually just stepped down to a lower nicotine level on my Douchebox a couple days ago. I'm one step closer to having no nicotine and being able to throw all this poo poo away.

Good luck, friend! I believe in you!

I was still an occasional smoker when I became pregnant, so I had to quit everything cold turkey. I would not recommend it, though I feel a lot better and I'm glad the cravings stopped. Good luck to you both!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

You're all hosed. I don't take prisoners, and I simply don't give a gently caress.

I'm confused.
Are you handing out fucks or aren't you?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Fine, but he's not designing, coding or maintaining anything code/art/game related. He's just a community dude.

Yes, you didn't say it had to be someone who worked for a living, you just said CIG.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

That only works if you don't actually repeat the cycle every two weeks which is what you have literally been doing as of late.

So there's a time span on memes now? Are you high? Like right this minute? I'm curious.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the community reaction to the new concept sale is....*wet fart noise*

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4ep62a/the_misc_prospector_concept_sale_will_go_live_on/

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Here's the thing: you're all hosed. I don't take prisoners, and I simply don't give a gently caress about people long enough to care. Which part of my history did you miss? And which part gave you - or anyone - the impression that I actually cared?

:eyepop: :captainpop: :chanpop:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a copy of the Albanian print of the Kameo Elements of Power novelisation. This is important.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Io_ posted:

When designers want inspiration for designing freaky rear end aliens they should just go to the sea.

It's true. Everything down there is nightmare fuel

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I don't thing the guy with 59 posts of posts, every single one talking poo poo to a singular forums poster should be doxxed, but he should be constantly made of for being a grown adult and doing that. it's actually good now that i think about it

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

orcinus posted:

My point was - if you're not bothered by what they're *currently* posting, why the gently caress does it matter what they've said 5 years ago?
It matters because in 5 years they might make statement that could either be interpreted as either serious or a tasteless joke and it helps figure out which it is. It also matters because I don't want to accidentally get buddy-buddy with a shitstain just because we both laugh at Bitcoin or Star Citizen.

quote:

Do you normally go down the street with a little black book, writing down anything someone did that bothered you, in case you run into them in 5 years?
I don't need to, I have a face to attach that statement to and I have a good memory for offensive poo poo I am told in person.

quote:

The rank argument is bullshit.
Then your memory is better than mine, I certainly can't recall every post someone made past a couple of months at most.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Has it been 2 weeks and also can we take a moment to appreciate the lack of discovery process research done before choosing cry-engine for a massive-multiplayer game?

e: XLGAMES used Cry3, what's the big hold-up RSI? :smuggo:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I will readily admit that I know nothing about game development, but isn't that the kind of thing you program bots to do? I mean in the end it's just a bunch of clients simultaneously connecting to the same server, and wouldn't the kind of diagnostics you're looking for be better reported by a program than a person anyway?

Yes. But CIG can't program a delta patcher, and they can't make a 3d object spin on one axis, so vOv

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

D_Smart posted:

see you in the verse, commando o4

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

I stopped ripping fatty vapes last week bc when I jammed my sick VU (that's vape unit, plebe) into my hipster pants, the raw tightness mashed play on that "vape" button until all the electrical conductors melted.

Now I'm living in a vapeless hypo-nicotine hellscape where even the sound of a gentle bubbling brook gets me jacked to the tits.

OH AND ONE MORE THING. You're all suspected of shillery. Every last motherfucker in here. I'm keeping loving notes in hotmail and emailing them to myself.

How's your thigh, bro? And the only game I shill for is SP. So suck it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

All your examples are of poo poo posters that post poo poo - do you have any examples of actual honest-to-Smart good posters getting dogpiled?

Yes I'm also annoyed that people still manage to get all JACKED TO THE TITS every time Derek says it's rapture o'clock, but I've read plenty of posts calling out his crap without getting hosed to the hilt

Exactly. And he's conveniently forgetting the dogpile I get when I go off the reservation; seemingly on cue.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Google Butt posted:

Many alias had convinced me that we've been wrong all along, they have plenty of money, game is progressing nicely and if we're all patient we'll see things come together.

lol

We clearly dont know anything about game making

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well, therein lies the catch-22: How do they expect to effectively and in a controlled environment test changes to the netcode to allow 192 instanced users on the same server (before opening it out to the larger ptu) without having a control group first? It would be a poo poo-show if those changes were released to a larger ptu initially. If they are able to effect a change they think works, they can roll that out to the PTU to test minor bugs that may occur before dropping live, no?

Is this how it works?

I'm absolutely convinced Derek's right when he says Chris embarrassment caused them to launch the ballgagged spergathon.

Why? Have you seen him play his own game? Now imagine him watching a few of pgabz's videos and try to not imagine him raging about NDAs and limiting exposure

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I will readily admit that I know nothing about game development, but isn't that the kind of thing you program bots to do? I mean in the end it's just a bunch of clients simultaneously connecting to the same server, and wouldn't the kind of diagnostics you're looking for be better reported by a program than a person anyway?

Usually a company uses third-party load-testing with a packet-suite. There are entire companies dedicated to very specific load testing packages, and they give very very detailed reports and consulting about the results and possible areas of interest.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Fine, but he's not designing, coding or maintaining anything code/art/game related. He's just a community dude.

Toast I think you greatly underestimate fatso's credentials

he would not be called director of ships if does not design ships base on what is currently the junk food in his hand.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Derek, blue on blue, man.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Who does the top? All options make for a terrifying and confusing head

Even though there's a grand total of three human faces between the three of us, Kayak still makes the most convincing/least terrifying option. He just wears like a hat or a hoodie and tries to keep a low profile.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Palisader posted:

All those things are different from shills purposely hired or ordered to post in the thread and create dissent.

Maybe I'm too naive, that just seems incredibly pointless when they already have a legion of people willing to do it for free.

He's actually doing something sneaky. He's derailing the creative element of this thread, which is the best part. By picking these stupid arguments about bullshit that will never happen, he's trying to turn the narrative for people who are lurking and on the fence. He's a communist. His name is Throatwobbler Mangrove, but it's spelled Luxury Yacht.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tortolia posted:

Their Director of Spaceships And Other Important Things is doing loving spreadsheets of Wing Commander floppy disk counts and tweeting about them during the day. CIG doesn't seem to get the whole "appropriate use of backer funded time" concept.

Problem being is that the backers will just argue that is part of CIG's version of Google's "20% time". So, yeah, no mileage there.

• Locked thread